Start by marking “Queen of Lies (Empire of Lies #2)” as Want to Read:
Queen of Lies (Empire of Lies #2)

Queen of Lies

(Empire of Lies #2)

Book 2 in the Empire of Lies trilogy.
The twists and turns in Michael & Meredith's story continue...

The woman I fell in love with is a walking contradiction...
She's sexy as hell, yet infuriating. Hopelessly in love with me, but carefully plotting to get the hell away.
She honestly thinks that I'm the 'king of lies'?
Well, she f-cking fooled you...
She's the queen.
Kindle Edition
Published February 27th 2020 by WGW BOOKS, LLC (first published 2020)

Start your review of Queen of Lies (Empire of Lies #2)
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3 STARS
She was a mere chapter in my book and this is our final page. No happily ever after included.

I'll keep this short and sweet. I devoured the first book. I was so sucked into this story, it's not even funny. It had the delicious vibes of the Whitney G books I fell in love with in Reasonable Doubt: Full Series.

I devoured this too, but it was also missing something. Ultimately, with the short length of these books, I was hoping that each installment would offer more depth. But that wasn't
Dali
OMG I couldn't put this story down. And even though I've been warned by the hero that he is NO HERO I can't help but be hopeful for him to find happiness! With Queen of Lies Whitney G. pens another electrifying pieces of her Empire of Lies puzzle that hooked me and left me wanting more.

Queen of Lies picks up right where King of Lies ends. As with the first instalment of the series, Whitney G. writes an addicting and sexy plot, giving the reader morsels about two very intriguing characters while
Phuong ✯
I used to love Whitney's books, but lately they don't have the same flair anymore, or my taste in book has changed. Probably it's the latter.

So this review is going to be short. Overall this book wasn't bad, it's a super quick read and maybe that's the problem. It felt like I blinked and the book was over. There wasn't enough time to really connect with the characters. I liked Meredith a bit more in this one, cause she's actually trying to escape her prison and is pretty smart how she does it.
Carvanz
Holy heck!!! This had so many twists and turns, surprises I never saw coming, and then...it definitely takes a darker turn!

This picks up where King of Lies ends. We learn a bit more about Michael as well as Meredith and the shocks just kept coming. While this gives a look at both of their pasts, it is also laying the groundwork for what is to come and Ive gotta say, I dont have a clue!

I do know that I am one hundred percent invested in both of these characters. Although Michael is certainly an
Dayang
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5⭐

This series is like crack... although I've never done drugs at all. It's honestly addicting.

I hate cliffhangers to my core but as long as the next book releases very soon, I'm okay with it.

I'm rooting for Michael and Meredith... I wish she gets pregnant and he grovels and gets crazy jealous... Gah! My imagination is running away with me.

It's sooooo good!

I can't wait to read the last book!
aniryllis
Mar 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: in-english, ebooks
Of course I'm in a terrible book funk the only time I have all the time I want. #stayhome

It's been a week and this is the only "book" I read.

It wasn't bad, but not good either. I still don't like the main characters.

I'm just glad I finished something, lol.
Marty
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it
This book definitely made me feel more sympathy for both Michael and Trevor by reading more about their backstory. I'm glad that Meredith knows part of the truth about her father and even though Michael still loves her I can't say I'm rooting for them as a couple.
Becky Rendon
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
A King must have a Queen. He is dubbed the King of Lies by his unhappiest of brides but it seems his Queen isn't quite as pristine as she wants us to believe.

These two make my heart race, my pulse spike, and my brain scream Yes and No almost simultaneously. I want to hate their relationship but its impossible. As messed up as they are, as Michael says I'm that "hopeless, starry-eyed reader". I wouldn't have it any other way.

I will say Whitney G. has made me paranoid and I am going to pay
MJ
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2020-books
Oh yeah, things just got super real! Super fast! This second book in the Empire of Lies series is wildly intense as Meredith gets more desperate for answers and Michael continues to keep her at bay. Until he doesn't!

Whitney G is all kinds of clever as she gives us insight into the past and explains a bit more of the whys of Michael and his reasons for being overly mysterious as well as secrets Meredith was keeping in her own crazy life.

I couldn't have guessed what was coming next and now I'm
Babel
Could I be more addicted to this serial? It is utterly mind-blowing.

Dark suspense, twisted lives, a toxic romance, and secrets that pierce and haunt. Wow. At times, I thought Michael behaved like a sleek vampire. And Meredith was his obsession to toy with. She is such a fighter, so relentless in claiming back her life and rescuing a tad of humanity from him, a glimpse of their past love. It was hard to see her suffer from lack of success on both counts.

This second part slowly and grippingly
MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
Book 2 in the Empire of Lies trilogy begins where the jaw dropping cliffhanger left off. Michael Anderson, the antithesis of a hero is back! He isnt who you think he is but neither is the feisty Meredith Thatchwood! She will stop at nothing for her freedom but at what cost? When the truth starts to come out what will happen between these two? This is a fantastic followup to King of Lies and has so much more suspense, lies and twists. I really enjoyed Merediths spirit and cannot wait for the ...more
Carissa
While this one only had a slight interest for me compared to the first book, I still need to know what happens in the final installment in this series!

I received this book at my request and have voluntarily left this unbiased review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
AJ's book-reMarks
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Queen of Lies is the second part of the Empire of Lies trilogy. Michael & Meredith's story continues and we find out more about these characters and their previous lives giving us a little insight into what got them to this point, wondering if they will find their happily ever after or if this is how it ends for both of them.
Nadine ShelfLove
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OBSESSED!
Seriously, I don't and won't spoil anything but I'm seriously obsessed with the plot, characters and aaaaah, everything. After Whitney's RD series, THIS series is my new favorite <3 !!

I need the 3rd books, ASAP *sighs
Adriana Buiuca
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMFG 😱
Im at a loss of words right now. I dont even know what to say to you. This series is blowing my mind. You have to read it!
Whitney, girl, you have my undying love and respect. I dont know where these stories come from, how you put them on paper and bring these characters to life - but you are a badass writer.
This is insanely amazing! ❤
Timitra
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Queen of Lies was good. It gives more insight into both, Michael and Meredith, answers some questions while upping the ante. I can't wait to read the conclusion to see how this all ends.

Copy provided by author
❤Love&Books❤
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75 STARS
Laci
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this. I can't wait for the next book.

Gripping.
Sarah Hutchinson
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow. I didn't intend on sitting here and reading this all at once. But, I couldn't stop. Unfortunately, now I have have to wait until the 3rd book comes out 😭
Nikki  Malan
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Queen of Lies by Whitney G
Meredith is so angry with Michael and yet still hopelessly in love with him. While she tries to understand her situation and the man, she seems to be stumped by both. Just when you think she has a chance to get slightly ahead of the game, Michaels seems to know her next move. Michael is in a situation where he has job to do, but for some reason he has allowed love to cloud his judgment. The story is told from dual POV and the author has gone back in time to delve into
Amber
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Queen of Lies is a glorious peek behind the wizard's wonderfully wicked curtain. What you find between and twists and folds of this fabric will leave you gasping for breath and picking your jaw up off the floor. The scintilating revelations will leave you clawing for more as a whole dark world is opened wide for our eyes. Don't you dare blink because you may just miss it all.

Meredith fills in some of the empty spots between the lines in her story to show someone who is a little flawed and a
Luisa Rivas
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I cant believe it, but this book is more deliciously dark than the first. Michael and Meredith are married and in love but now theyre enemies. Theres a hit in place for Merediths death and Michael decided to save her. How? Kidnapping her and keeping her away and hidden from everyone, including his twin.

Meredith, being the intelligent and scrappy woman she is, has been constantly trying to escape, sometimes getting as far as the street outside, but Michael always gets to her. Its incredible the
Marce
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
* ARC provided in exchange of an honest review*

Wow! Just Wow! This is the second installment of the series and even though it was much shorter than I expected I really enjoyed specially because this story is pretty fast paced.

In this book we get to see more of Michael, about his past and his relationship with his brothers, some of those questions weve been having get to be answered.

Meredith in the other is facing some challenges, gets some of her infinite list of questions answered and is
Jennifer Cooper
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aaaaah-MAZING! While I am a huge fan of WGs books and never find the right words to explain how she speaks to my soul as a reader and her writing is so addictive Queen of Lies does not disappoint me!

QOL is a continuation to the story so if you have not read King of Lies do not proceed!
Meredith and Michael have met under some unusual circumstances. Michael is holding Meredith hostage but is he going to finish the job or will her love win out and he is a changed man with happily ever after? Well
Paloma
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
Sherry
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the second of Empire of Lies trilogy: Queen of Lies.

This is a twisted fate for Meredith, she hates Michael, she finds out why he has kidnapped her, and she has to get away. She's afraid she will be killed by Michael, but she does feel safe with him.

Have you ever heard of the Stockholm Syndrome, well this is pretty much what's happening here. It's a pull and want at the same time.

We find out why he actually does kidnap her, and what kind of life he actually had growing up. It is
Jackie
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Continued loving it! Again, could always use more, but I know, I know, its part of a trilogy, blah blah blah, so more is coming! Again, the depth of darkness increases with this book and more is revealed , but its only another layer unmasked, I cant wait to see the full details revealed in the last installment. Once again, it is a lot darker than any of Whitneys previous books, but youre are warned consistently even through the story itself...just remember, in the end it will all be revealed. ...more
Millie
Feb 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
Just no.
I wish authors would stop using traumatic childhood to justify the vile behaviour of their male character. No all monsters are former victims and it never NEVER should be using as an excuse.
Michael's past is still a mystery. When I read his last chapter I really though he and Trevor were children, but they were already in their 20 I think. Going after all the men who hurt them I can understand, but willing to kill an innocent woman just for money is where the author lost me... It
Lisa
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Queen of Lies by Whitney G. is the second book in her new Empire of Lies trilogy. Picking up from the cliffhanger ending in book one, King of Lies, leading us through even more dark and twisty backstory of Michael, how he met Meredith, the why's behind his reasons for doing what he is doing to her and her realization that the man she married isn't the monster she thought he was but also isn't anything she would have suspected. Ends with a cliffhanger that will be resolved in the next book, ...more
R Rais
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With cliffy ending of book 1, we got the anti hero Michael straight up.

Queen of Lies if fast pace. One sitting read. Layer by layer of who Michael is revealing it self. If book one more like introduction, the second book is like a Wham bam! Here goes the darkness.

And Meredith... I like her better in here. She's stronger somehow. We see how she is really with the sin she commited. I like how she's portrayed not as that pure. She feel more real in this book than the first who feel all swoony.

And
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
  • Crowne of Lies
  • Just One Year
  • Waiting for my Queen
  • Mating Theory
  • Perfect Chaos
  • Once A Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
  • Revenge (Slay Quartet #3)
  • Inappropriate
  • Doctor Dearest
  • Dear Ava
  • Sweet Temptation
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • The Wrong/Right Man
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • Creole Kingpin (The Magnolia Duet, #1)
  • Code of Silence
  • Slow Dancing
Whitney G. is a New York Times & USA Today bestselling author. Her books have been published in twelve languages.

Whenever she's not penning a new novel, you can find her blogging about self-publishing at The Indie Tea, drinking hot coffee, or traveling the world in sweater boots.

You can connect with Whitney on Instagram and Facebook.
Instagram: @whitneyg.author
Facebook:

Empire of Lies (3 books)
  • King of Lies (Empire of Lies, #1)
  • Legacy of Lies (Empire of Lies, #3)