Start by marking “Queen of Lies (Empire of Lies #2)” as Want to Read:
Queen of Lies (Empire of Lies #2)

Queen of Lies

(Empire of Lies #2)

Book 2 in the Empire of Lies trilogy.
The twists and turns in Michael & Meredith's story continue...

The woman I fell in love with is a walking contradiction...
She's sexy as hell, yet infuriating. Hopelessly in love with me, but carefully plotting to get the hell away.
She honestly thinks that I'm the 'king of lies'?
Well, she f-cking fooled you...
She's the queen.
Published February 27th 2020 by WGW BOOKS, LLC (first published 2020)

Start your review of Queen of Lies (Empire of Lies #2)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Full review for the trilogy HERE. ...more
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3 STARS
She was a mere chapter in my book and this is our final page. No happily ever after included.

I'll keep this short and sweet. I devoured the first book. I was so sucked into this story, it's not even funny. It had the delicious vibes of the Whitney G books I fell in love with in Reasonable Doubt: Full Series.

I devoured this too, but it was also missing something. Ultimately, with the short length of these books, I was hoping that each installment would offer more depth. But tha
Dali
OMG I couldn't put this story down. And even though I've been warned by the hero that he is NO HERO I can't help but be hopeful for him to find happiness! With Queen of Lies Whitney G. pens another electrifying pieces of her Empire of Lies puzzle that hooked me and left me wanting more.

Queen of Lies picks up right where King of Lies ends. As with the first instalment of the series, Whitney G. writes an addicting and sexy plot, giving the reader morsels about two very intriguing characters while
Phuong ✯
I used to love Whitney's books, but lately they don't have the same flair anymore, or my taste in book has changed. Probably it's the latter.

So this review is going to be short. Overall this book wasn't bad, it's a super quick read and maybe that's the problem. It felt like I blinked and the book was over. There wasn't enough time to really connect with the characters. I liked Meredith a bit more in this one, cause she's actually trying to escape her prison and is pretty smart how she does it. U
aniryllis
Mar 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, in-english
Of course I'm in a terrible book funk the only time I have all the time I want. #stayhome

It's been a week and this is the only "book" I read.

It wasn't bad, but not good either. I still don't like the main characters.

I'm just glad I finished something, lol.
Dora Koutsoukou
May 08, 2020 rated it liked it
3 ⚡️❤️⚡️⭐️s

My pov for all three parts will be posted under Legacy of Lies.
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
This picks up right where we were left on that nasty cliffhanger. It dips back and forth from present day to the past which fills in some more of the back story.

Meredith is frustrated with her situation and her hate for Michael has only intensified each day. Her persistence does pay off however as more truths are revealed and to say they are shocking would be an understatement.

The story ends with a completely different setting that not only surprised Meredith but me as well. Michael’s plan for h
Carvanz
Holy heck!!! This had so many twists and turns, surprises I never saw coming, and then...it definitely takes a darker turn!

This picks up where King of Lies ends. We learn a bit more about Michael as well as Meredith and the shocks just kept coming. While this gives a look at both of their pasts, it is also laying the groundwork for what is to come and I’ve gotta say, I don’t have a clue!

I do know that I am one hundred percent invested in both of these characters. Although Michael is certainly a
⋆Lara⋆

I don't know how I didn't review this after reading this amazing book in April!

Well now, here it is.

It goes without saying that I absolutely devoured this book. Another amazing specimen of Whitney G's genius, this book had it all. Suspense, Drama, smut and angst, all in spades.

The next book is going to be my favorite though, I just have a feeling about it.

TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love him!! I’ll review this as a series when I complete book three...soonish.
Coco.V
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!
Mickeysreads
Apr 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: three-star, 2020-read
First off I Trigger Warning! This book does contain sensitive topics (view spoiler)

First of all let me emphasize that this series is a Fast paced series and if you are not okay with that then you will NOT like the series.

This book, I felt something was missing between Michael and Meredith. I didn’t connect to them that well. I was hoping we would get more details about their relationship, but like I said it’s a fast paced series, so you either deal with it
Dayang
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5⭐️

This series is like crack... although I've never done drugs at all. It's honestly addicting.

I hate cliffhangers to my core but as long as the next book releases very soon, I'm okay with it.

I'm rooting for Michael and Meredith... I wish she gets pregnant and he grovels and gets crazy jealous... Gah! My imagination is running away with me.

It's sooooo good!

I can't wait to read the last book!
Marty
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it
This book definitely made me feel more sympathy for both Michael and Trevor by reading more about their backstory. I'm glad that Meredith knows part of the truth about her father and even though Michael still loves her I can't say I'm rooting for them as a couple. ...more
Lien
3.5 Stars

Huh, this wasn’t half as bad as I thought it would be. 🤔

My review for book 1 still stands, though with the "past" finally behind us, things are finally moving in the present. Michael is the driving force of this story for me, thank God the focus of this second installment seemed to be more on him than on Meredith because here I thought the heroine couldn’t become more idiotic and she’s proving me wrong again (view spoiler)
Lisa
Apr 07, 2020 rated it liked it
I like this story. Better clarity on what’s happening and some interesting surprises. Missing some backstory and hope it will all come together in books 3. Super short. Kinda irritated that it’s so short.
Becky Rendon
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
A King must have a Queen. He is dubbed the King of Lies by his unhappiest of brides but it seems his Queen isn't quite as pristine as she wants us to believe.

These two make my heart race, my pulse spike, and my brain scream Yes and No almost simultaneously. I want to hate their relationship but its impossible. As messed up as they are, as Michael says I'm that "hopeless, starry-eyed reader". I wouldn't have it any other way.

I will say Whitney G. has made me paranoid and I am going to pay close
Laetitia
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book picks up with Meredith still missing months later and Michael is making her work hard by swimming everyday. Of course Meredith is livid because she believes her husband kidnapped her for no apparent reason. Michael clearly fell in love with her because he's protecting from her father. Everyday she tries to escape but he has contingencies for all those. Even though she was mad that he kidnapped, Meredith loved Michael and was till attracted to him and when he was in pain, she went to hi ...more
MJ
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-books, arc
Oh yeah, things just got super real! Super fast! This second book in the Empire of Lies series is wildly intense as Meredith gets more desperate for answers and Michael continues to keep her at bay. Until he doesn't!

Whitney G is all kinds of clever as she gives us insight into the past and explains a bit more of the whys of Michael and his reasons for being overly mysterious as well as secrets Meredith was keeping in her own crazy life.

I couldn't have guessed what was coming next and now I'm sit
Shyralf
3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2 Stars! Quick read.
Lexi Cubbins
Well, the plot thickens and I'm not sure how many more twists my poor, weak heart can handle.

And I guess I'm a sucker, because, despite everything Michael promised us readers in the prefaces, I'm still sure they can have that HEA.
Millie
Feb 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
Just no.
I wish authors would stop using traumatic childhood to justify the vile behaviour of their male character. No all monsters are former victims and it never NEVER should be using as an excuse.
Michael's past is still a mystery. When I read his last chapter I really though he and Trevor were children, but they were already in their 20 I think. Going after all the men who hurt them I can understand, but willing to kill an innocent woman just for money is where the author lost me... It doesn'
Timitra
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Queen of Lies was good. It gives more insight into both, Michael and Meredith, answers some questions while upping the ante. I can't wait to read the conclusion to see how this all ends.

Copy provided by author
Babel
Could I be more addicted to this serial? It is utterly mind-blowing.

Dark suspense, twisted lives, a toxic romance, and secrets that pierce and haunt. Wow. At times, I thought Michael behaved like a sleek vampire. And Meredith was his obsession to toy with. She is such a fighter, so relentless in claiming back her life and rescuing a tad of humanity from him, a glimpse of their past love. It was hard to see her suffer from lack of success on both counts.

This second part slowly and grippingly un
Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads
Five "loved it" stars

Does it mean there is something wrong with me that I love captivity stories so much? Possibly. Either way, I am loving this series.

Throughout this book we learn more about the backgrounds of both Meredith and Michael, and also see their relationship devolving as he holds her captive. LOVED IT. The interactions between the main characters. The diabolical scheming of which Michael is capable. How he plays Meredith. How she struggles with her feelings for him as he does the s
MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
Book 2 in the Empire of Lies trilogy begins where the jaw dropping cliffhanger left off. Michael Anderson, the antithesis of a hero is back! He isn’t who you think he is but neither is the feisty Meredith Thatchwood! She will stop at nothing for her freedom but at what cost? When the truth starts to come out what will happen between these two? This is a fantastic followup to King of Lies and has so much more suspense, lies and twists. I really enjoyed Meredith’s spirit and cannot wait for the fi ...more
Kirsty & Erin Muir
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd episode of @whitneyg.author’s Empire of Lies trilogy. It’s the continuation of Michael and Meredith. ⁣

In this one we get a bit more of the backstory before the characters met and of their romance. Each character breaks down the others’ barriers a bit in this book and more of the truth is revealed to Meredith. ⁣

As usual and to be expected from Whitney G the writing was great and fast paced, it absolutely kept me hooked throughout. ⁣

I am so glad I could read the 3rd episode stra
Mariana Lee
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was expecting this second book to be good...but OMG it’s so much better!!!
I was right in my previous review about Meredith having much more to her than we first thought. This story has so much to it, it’s twists and turns and angst and surprises will keep you on the edge of your seat. This series is addictive, you just can’t get enough. Michael and Meredith are just simply brilliantly complicated and although not really likeable on their own,when they are together sparks fly!!! I can’t wait fo
Roxana Pacurar (Midnight.and. black)
Not at good as the first, but ok. The heroine's attitude was not believable, because in real life if you love someone and you marry that someone when he kidnapped you, you try to understand why and you try to speak to him, you have questions and you are broken *I guess*. The heroine was ok with the sex between her and the hero even though she had no answers about his behaviour. And that was bad writing. ...more
AJ's book-reMarks
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Queen of Lies is the second part of the Empire of Lies trilogy. Michael & Meredith's story continues and we find out more about these characters and their previous lives giving us a little insight into what got them to this point, wondering if they will find their happily ever after or if this is how it ends for both of them. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Australia
  • The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
  • The Secrets We Held (Secrets and Truths Duet, #1)
  • Man Crush Monday (Love For Days, #1)
  • The Rivals
  • Weekend Wife (Sassy in the City, #1)
  • Pike (The Pawn Duet, #1)
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Crowne of Lies
  • King of Shadows (King of Shadows, #1)
  • Best Man
  • The Invitation
  • For a Goode Time Call... (Goode Girls, #1)
  • Savage Burn (Savage Trilogy #2)
  • The Truths We Told (Secrets and Truths Duet, #2)
  • Pretty, Dark and Dirty
  • Surrender (Voyeur, #3.5)
  • Kiss of Vengeance (True Immortality, #2)
Whitney G. is a New York Times & USA Today bestselling author. Her books are currently published in over a dozen languages.

She lives deep in the Tennessee woods and spends most of her time drinking coffee while penning dirty-talking alpha males.

Find out more about her next project at www.whitneygbooks.com

(Be sure to sign up for "The F.L.Y. List" as that's the best way to receive new release update

Empire of Lies (3 books)
  • King of Lies (Empire of Lies, #1)
  • Legacy of Lies (Empire of Lies, #3)