Start by marking “The Sweet Spot (Love is... #1)” as Want to Read:
The Sweet Spot (Love is... #1)

The Sweet Spot

(Love Is... #1)

Lexie James spent years dreaming about opening her own bakery. She’s invested every penny she’s ever saved—and some other peoples’ pennies too—into making that dream come true. The Sweet Spot is thriving thanks to her dedication and penchant for perfection, but she’s lonely and Hunter, the gorgeous guy who owns the gym across the street, is a nice distraction.

Hunter
Published February 11th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Sweet Spot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sweet Spot

Start your review of The Sweet Spot (Love is... #1)
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cassie Cross is a new to me author, and I'm in love! Lexie James is a perfectionist which has her frazzled completely. And it's not that she isn't doing what she loves, because she is, and having her dream of her own bakery, The Sweet Spot, is doing very well. However, she's very lonely but there isn't much time to actually try to start a relationship. Hunter Elliott was Lexie's high school crush, and now has his own gym across the street from her bakery, so at least all the fine man is a great ...more
Kari
Shelves: 2020, for-review, kindle
The Sweet Spot is a quick "old friends to lovers" story that left me wanting to go out and binge on cupcakes. You think I'm lying? Read this book and tell me you won't be craving cupcakes. Anyway, aside from wanting cupcakes, I ended the book with a big smile on my face. I enjoyed the romance between Hunter and Lexie. hunter was adorable with his walk down memory lane on their first date. There is a history between the two that goes back to high school, so their HEA was that much sweeter. The ...more
Kari Hansen
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lexie’s dream of owning her own bakery has come true but she is now finding that it doesn’t leave her much time for anything else. The one bright spot in her day is when she watches Hunter, the guy she has been attracted to since high school.

Hunter has returned Lexie’s feelings, but it has never been the right circumstance for both of them. When fate brings them together the chemistry and connection is stronger than ever, but will they be able to make room in their lives for each other?

I really
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet and short with such loveable characters. I just loved Hunter and how he looked after Lexi and how strong he loved her. Lexi finally learned to breathe with Hunters help and it made her so much more fun to read about. Enjoyable short story! ~Jen

Dawn Foster
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Sweet Spot is the first book by this author that I have read, and I loved reading this first in the Love Is series. Lexi and Hunter have danced around each other since high school, and now it seems their time is here. Hunter seeing what is happening to Lexi intervenes and shows her she can have her dream of a successful bakery and a life. I love reading their story and look forward to reading the next book in the series.
Brandy Roberts
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thought Sweet Spot was a really good book it would be the first book that I'm reading by Cassie Cross and I'm excited to read more by her in the future . The characters are really likable I loved how they connected well and made me want to see what's to come for the couple . I can't wait for the next one in the Love is series .
Kat
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute romance! And prefect for the even sweeter Valentine season!!

In this short story, I flew through the pages as a indie baker meets the gym owner from across the street. Their chemistry is only the beginning as we are thrown into a fun, light-hearted crush story turned steamy.

It was the perfect read to get me into the romantic mood, and I highly recommend this one for readers who like any of the above qualities! A solid 4 out of 5 star read!!
Marika
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This novella is very sweet! Lexie and Hunter have always been attracted to each other but something or someone always got in the way. Now it's finally their time, but Lexie has a business to think of.
I liked both characters and Hunter is def a keeper
Sage Knightly

May
added it
Jocelyn
Jasmine
Well, I was so confused by the whole story, to begin with. There was no plot whatsoever, let alone world-building or character development or anything complete in general. I admit I had no idea this was a short story so I was kind of expecting a full story at first. But then I realized how fast things were going between the main characters, Lexie and Hunter, to evolve from high school crushes (on both sides) to a real couple. Lexie was the owner of an indie bakery and her Prince Charming, ...more
Kilgore
Lindsay
ME
Kim
Feb 16, 2020
Cassie Cross is a Maryland native and a romantic at heart, who lives outside of Baltimore with her two dogs and a closet full of shoes. Cassie’s fondness for swoon-worthy men and strong women are the inspiration for most of her stories, and when she’s not busy writing a book, you’ll probably find her eating takeout and indulging in her love of 80′s sitcoms.