Start by marking “The Devil has a British Accent: Jackson (White Carpet, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Devil has a British Accent: Jackson (White Carpet, #1)

The Devil has a British Accent: Jackson

(The White Carpet Series #1)

Lauren’s gap year is supposed to be about making extra money and figuring out what to do with the next phase of her life. Realistically, it’s a break between taking care of her alcoholic brother and certified insane mother.

She deserves to have some fun, and to find trouble. However, trouble follows Lauren, with its wicked sense of humor, and thought it would be fun to gif
Kindle Edition
Published February 2020 by Amazon Digital Services

Start your review of The Devil has a British Accent: Jackson (White Carpet, #1)
Maddy's Reading
Celebrity romance with a touch of paranormal...
Lauren has come back home to wrk for some months and help out her family. She is assisting her aunt who is catering for a film crew. Jackson is the lead for the movie

It was a little difficult to get the hang of the story but soon it become interesting and I couldn't put it down. The whole tone of the book has a very different vibe which hooks the reader.

This installment ends in a cliffy but I am looking forward to read the next one.
*~*~*ARC genero
Zoraida Luciano
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received this book from Goodreads as a giveaway win. Wasn't aware of this author previously, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I did know I was definitely interested in the story line.

Upon starting this and getting further into the story I started making comparisons somewhat to the Twilight Series. I think that was more because of the fantasy aspect of what the story started to become.

I enjoyed the characters, the storyline of each. The story was easy to follow. Was slightly edgy, sweet and mad
Ashley Aponte
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so good. The writing was consistent, the characters were likable, and the story was easy for me to get into. The love triangle between Jackson, Lauren, and Cary was a unique one considering the circumstances. I'm eager to read more about these characters, and explore the supernatural world with them. I enjoyed reading this book, and am excited for the next story in this series.

#TheUnratedBookshelf
Tinsley
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a huge fan of our wonderful author and This book did not disappoint.

It was different than her previous stories, but similar as well. There's love and great characters, and believe me you will fall head over heels for this book!

Can't wait for more!
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book was awesome! There's not much I can say other than it's sexy and an absolute riot! Read. This. Book.
Indie Wish List
review featured on: indiewishlist.wixsite.com/blog

Most of this book is written as a contemporary romance. It’s not until way down the road that the paranormal aspects come out. That doesn’t take away from the book. I liked trying to figure out what was going to happen. And I really can’t wait to see what happens in the book(s) to come.

Lauren has gone through a lot in her 18 years. I’m not going to retell the story, but I have to say that when a film crew comes to her town and she helps cater it
Michelle Austin
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

description

The Devil has a British Accent was a great 5 star read.

Lauren has returned home to help with a catering job at a plantation, where there is also a hollywood movie filming. It’s New Years Eve and she is at a club watching her brothers band, where she meets hot hollywood hunk, Jackson.

Jackson remembers that Lauren is working with catering and he comes and finds her on set. There is something about Lauren that pulls Jackson in, she’s not like the usual girl
Romance Between The Sheets
The Devil Has a British Accent is a coming of age romance with a paranormal twist. A girl who has to protect her heart and the men who want her.

Lauren has just returned from Minnesota after graduating.  She doesn't have any real plans for the future but has decided to help a family friend with her catering business while a film crew is in town.  I liked Lauren, she has gone through a lot with her family and is figuring out what comes next and that makes her relatable.  She is also trying to figu
Beyond The Covers Blog
"Hollywood star" meets "everyday girl" romance.... I think not

The scene is set in New Orleans, with the focus on the main character. Lauren a smart, headstrong girl who on the day of returning to her hometown meets none other than Hollywood heart throb "Jackson Cruze".

There relationship is turbulent at best, due to not only the demands from Jacksons career but everything Ells that comes with being a "Hollywood Star". Fans, a mock relationship with costar Zara to build ratings and fans interests
Joanne
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who doesn’t enjoy a story filled with possible romance, twists and turns and divine inspiration. We begin with meeting Lauren, a teenage girl who had been living away from home to go to school, who is introduced to Jackson, a famous actor. She is returning home to work for her Mother’s best friend after graduating High School and is reunited with her brother’s best friend, her unrequited love, Cary.

When I first started reading this book I thought I’d be reading a romance story but that’s too si
Jennifer Pierson
"This is no simple Hollywood story of famous boy meets ordinary girl, who then fall in love and live happily ever after." Normally I don't quote the blurb, but there's never been a truer first sentence to me, as it perfectly sums up this story! Basically, Lauren comes home and meets Jackson Cruze, a hot commodity movie star, but while they have sparks, there is also Cary on the flip side. So you think it would be another love triangle right?! Let me defuse that pattern of thinking, as that's so ...more
Annamaria
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five Amazing Stars! Lauren returns to her hometown for a catering gig working for none other then Hollywood heartthrob Jackson Cruze. Their relationship is complicated not only due to the demands of being a Hollywood heartthrob but also because he has a mock relationship with his co-star. Lauren also is complicating things because she is good friends with Cary who has feelings for her. I recommend you go and grab a copy today and read it to discover what this story is all about! I thoroughly enj ...more
Heidi Sturgess
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2017
I received a copy of this book from Eye Candy Bookstore . I voluntarily read and reviewed this book.

Any mention of New Orleans and you have my attention! There is always something strange happening there whether it be on your face or subtle....anyhow my interest has been piqued..

So Lauren heads home to New Orleans from Minnesota and not having a real plan for what happens next in her life she helps her aunt with her catering business and right now her clients are the filming crew in town.....

Whe
Jenny Prose
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Devil has a British Accent (finished 7/26/17)

4 Stars

This book through me off. It's a story of a young girl going back home to New Orleans after finishing high school in a different start with her uncle as her guardian. She goes home to her brother and her grandmother. She takes a job as a catering assistant with her aunt on a movie set filming at a local plantation house. She catches the eye of the male lead who wants her, but she's shy and can't understand why he would be interested in her
Linda Lee
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First time reader and PNR is not my genre, however I quite enjoyed this story. It does end oddly, I was expecting another book and from what I see there isn’t one. The storyline was engaging and the characters were well thought out.

Lauren returns to New Orleans when she finishes high school. Not sure what direction to take next she decides to use the time to make some choices before locking herself into college. Her brother Blake is the front man for a band and his best friend Carey who is like
Joyffree
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Strong storyline, incredible world building
A FIve star read!
The first few chapters contain a lot of character building as well as setting up the tone for the story
I will warn pay attention to the little things in the first couple chapters - because later in the story you will wish you had! That is the only spoiler I am giving - because once we "think we knew who is who and what is going on-
Willett lets go and I have to say -
Lock your seatbelts and place your trays in the upright position - y
Tracie Simister
Genre: Romance of a Paranormal variety
Author: ZN Willett
Format: Kindle Edition
Published on: Aug 6, 2017

I voluntarily received a Courtesy Copy of this book from the author and am choosing to leave a review.
>-< >-< >-< >-< >-<>-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-<
What I liked/Didn’t Like: Ok this book was fun to read and all the twists and turns in it made it feel like a rollercoaster r
Kelly Mccurdy
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~I received this in exchange for my honest opinion~~

This book was a little hard to get into. Once I did though, I was able to read it quickly! There are two insanely hot alpha males vying for Lauren's heart/safety. But, when Lauren finds out who they are, she needs to take a step back.

Z.N. Willett has written a book that will take ahold of you, not right off the bat, but after there is enough built up. It will take you by the shoulders and take you on a ride that you won't want to get off!!

Silke
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forget stories that are clean cut, making it easy to know good guys from bad guys and right from wrong. This tale will have you on the edge of your seat, trying to figure out intrigues, hidden agendas, and what is the greater picture. Could the charming bad not be all bad? Are the lovable good really that good? And what the hell does the intriguing title of the story want to tell me? Could it be I have it all wrong? I couldn't stop reading until I was through, the sort-of-sudden ending leaving m ...more
FS Meurinne
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy the books ZN Willett writes, this book was very enjoyable. Lots of romance, twists, and Jackson! Lauren is working for her aunt’s catering in a film, she meets Jackson a hot sexy famous actor. I couldn’t put it down, had to read it all, the mystery behind Lauren and how Jackson reacts to everything had me on the edge, I so need the next one! Totally recommended, a very captivating story overall.
FS Meurinne
I always enjoy the books ZN Willett writes, this book was very enjoyable. Lots of romance, twists, and Jackson! Lauren is working for her aunt’s catering in a film, she meets Jackson a hot sexy famous actor. I couldn’t put it down, had t oread it all, the mystery behind Lauren and how Jackson reacts to everything had me on the edge, I so need the next one! Totally recommended, a very captivating story overall.
Ally Reads Romance
Paranormal Suspense with a Delicious Love Triangle

This is novel is amazing in so many ways!! For a majority of the book we receive small hints and bites of information. It is so much fun trying to put it together!
I love Carry & Jackson!! As soon as you finish book one you will need book two Carry!! This is a must-read!❤️
Pimm Cullen
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and I'm excited for the second part. Lauren grew up in New Orleans and returns home after time away for school. Strange things start happening to Lauren, should she take things at face value or is more going on than anyone could believe? ...more
H.B. Jasick
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story was not what I expected, but everything I never knew I wanted. These characters had me captivated the entire time. I will definitely be reading this author again!
Jimette Ross
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a amazing read!
Jenny
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
review to come
Tracy Fritts
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the White Carpet series. I thought it was a wonderful read. It was very interesting. It was well written. It had a good storyline. It was a page turner.
AJ
Jan 23, 2022 rated it it was ok
A complete drag…

This book was a complete drag. I found myself having to skip pages and chapters just to gain insight and new information. Lastly, the paranormal aspect wasn’t introduced until the last few chapters of the book. This is not a series I would recommend.
Z.N. Willett
May 22, 2022 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The White Carpet Series will be reintroduced under a new trope and Author in 2022

Sha'von Davis
rated it did not like it
Oct 09, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Updated Cover Change 6 16 Feb 14, 2020 12:06AM

• Kin Selection (A Shifter’s Claim, #1)
  • Owned by the Alphas (Waxing Crescent #2)
  • Bound By Bloodlust: Vampire BDSM Erotica
  • Obsession 2.5 (Loving An Alpha Male, #6)
  • Toast To A Real N*gga
  • Unspoken
  • Shawty Got A Boss For Christmas
  • Diary of a Mafia Princess 3
  • Claimed At The Stroke Of Midnight
  • The Forbidden
  • This Man Trilogy
  • Straight Outta Dade County: A Dem Boyz From Da Bottom Spin Off
  • Touch Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #4)
  • Try Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #1)
  • Room One (Club Sin #1)
  • Stigmata (Twisted Eventide-9)
  • Share Me, Touch Me, Tie Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #0.5, 4, 5)
  • Share Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #0.5)
Bestselling author ZN Willett started sharing her first contemporary romance, The Trouble with Dating a Movie Star, online. Receiving an overwhelming response of over 2 million reads, she created the Red Carpet Series. The Red Carpet Series showcased a unique perspective spotlighting Hollywood from the inside. ZN enjoys creating diverse heroines who are strong, intelligent and true to themselves. ...more

The White Carpet Series (2 books)
  • The Devil has a British Accent: Cary (White Carpet, #2)

News & Interviews