Start by marking “Mayday: Tinder Love in the Golden Years” as Want to Read:
Mayday: Tinder Love in the Golden Years

Mayday: Tinder Love in the Golden Years

(Dirty South #3.5)

Sometimes, all it takes is a hot meal—or a broken heater—to spark a long-lost flame!

Marilyn

I was looking for a handyman, not a “handsy” man.
And don't think I was too old to know the difference.
You wouldn't believe the things these eyes had seen.
Thought I'd seen it all—until I joined Tinder.
I was swiping men away like flies. To the left. To the left.
Too grouchy. Too ga
Kindle Edition
Published April 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Mayday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mayday

Start your review of Mayday: Tinder Love in the Golden Years
ItaPixie
Shelves: 4-stars

Mayday was an easy, quick and funny read.

I love to read about mature characters but this was a first for me too.
Our main characters are both in their seventies and they have many grandchildren but sometimes that’s not enough and they still have the desire to make a deep bond with a special person.
Who said that at their age they still can’t have a little more fun?

I recommend to to read Marilyn and Clide’s story if you want to spend a few carefree hours.

Copy kindly provided by the Publisher/

The Book Fling
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was one of the funniest books I've ever read. Within the first chapter I was snorting, and by the end I was crying from laughing so hard. Kat Addams really did a phenomenal job creating this golden years romcom masterpiece. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a good laugh with a bunch of sweet romance.

Looking for a handyman, Marilyn turns to Tinder to help her find one. She ends up matching up with her high school crush, Clyde. Marilyn is how I hope to be when I get old. She's independ
kittykat (Jo Tortitude)
3.5 funny and almost cute ⭐️. These bids are far too sassy to be considered fully cute in my book!

I'm not a fan of the conglomerate, but at times I do thank heaven for KU...

Saw the cover (not usually taken in by them), read the title, then the blurb sold it tome so I of course had to get it! What a premise; an actual 'older people' (they are both in their 70's) story (but that's a discussion for another time) where they are not totally technically illiterate! How refreshing.

Very funny in parts,
Menotah (Canadian Girl Book Blog)
Shelves: kat-addams, arc
description

Marylin needed a handyman to help around the house and her friend Klara suggested that she try Tinder and they could do some research for a new book that Klara could write and Marylin would be the star of. As Marylin started swiping through Tinder she did not expect to see Clyde, her old crush from high school. Clyde had enough of being alone and wanted a nice home-cooked meal again. When he saw his high school crush on Tinder he swiped right hoping for a match and a second chance at love.

Mayda
Katslovesbooks
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing

This book it's so unique and hilarious , I loved every single page, I loved every single character and I wish I can give this book more than 5 stars.
I don't know where Kat Adams gets all her creativity, she is so talented and this story of Mrs. Mae finding and old flame through Tinder at the age of 70+ it's one of her best.
Marilyn is a sassy old woman looking for someone to fix her old heater "Roger" but when her friend suggested to go into Tinder and maybe find a "friend" she does and she fin
Rochelle
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such a funny story about a couple who are in their 70s. I never thought I would like a story about older people but this one was so good. Loved Marilyn and Clyde. Great second chance romance for them and for them to find themselves again by using Tinder was way too good. You will be laughing and smiling when you are done with this story. Great read.

I received an ARC of this book and I am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
MoodyReader
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you’re looking for something to make you laugh in these hard times this book is what you were looking for. A book about two older people looking for companionship. This book was a hoot. It was a fun read and kept me laughing. Clyde and Mae have both strong and sassy personalities and can we say life goals to aim for. Kat Addams never disappoints me in the romcom genre. I know without a doubt it will be funny, and this one brought up memories of my grandmother that made me laugh. So if you wan ...more
Victoria Weston
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that Ive read by this author and this quick read is hilarious. If you are looking for a book that will cheer you up then this is that book. I really like this author writing style and the cover is awesome very eye catching.

Clyde and Marilyn are a real fun couple together and we're both looking for some kind of companionship and togetherness.
They are both really strong willed people but they still match.

This book is about two people of the older generation who were beginnin
Skye Yanovsky
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With Mayday Kat has written another hilarious laugh out loud romance centered around a couple in their golden age. Reunited in their 70s, Marilyn and Clyde have their second chance at love and companionship in this new phase of their lives. But don’t think this is a couple that are only there to have someone to hold their handle and watch tv with...this book shows that passion and chemistry are needed at every point in life. ⁣

I love that Kat wasn’t afraid to write a romance about a couple in th
Barbara
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh what a funny, twilight age romance. The author gave us a hilarious storyline that kept me grinning and laughing throughout. The story is about an elderly woman, a broken heater and her first experience with the app, Tinder (installed on her phone by her much younger friend who has ulterior motives for wanting Marilyn to use the app).

This is a quick read that you just need to read to appreciate. The humor, the witty banter and the “clumsy” moments are simply too much for words. Kudos
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Awww, I thoroughly enjoyed this light-hearted, funny read. I haven't read the Dirty South series but not once did I feel that I was missing anything. The pages just kept turning.

I loved the characters in this book, they are so easy to love. Marilyn is very sassy and made me laugh. After joining Tinder, she did not expect to see someone from her high school years. Clyde lives in a retirement home and he's bored with life. That is all about to change when his high school crush Marilyn May messages
Barbara
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mayday is a sweet story of love found in the golden years... May and Clyde crushed on each other YEARS ago when they were in HS. Now, in their 70's they meet up again - through tinder of all things... the spark is still there. This story talks about many of the issues faced as we age, the new insecurities, the new feelings of vulnerability. May and Clyde's story pulled on my heartstrings and gave me hope. This story may not be for everyone, but I enjoyed it. ...more
Destiny Coleman
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mayday is a wonderful story about finding love even in the golden years. Marilyn and Roger didn't have the greatest relationship, so she starts off on a journey through the world of Tinder, installed by her much younger best friend, in order for her to write a book about Marilyn's conquests, and of course to find someone to fix that pesky heater she, so thoughtfully, named Roger. Little does Marilyn know she would meet up with an old flame.. a flame that has not yet burn out.

I loved being able
Wendy Livingstone
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marilyn in looking for a handyman and decides to join Tinder to find one. Clyde is lonely and looking for some company in his later years, and when he finds Marilyn, he is determined to not let her get away again. This is a unique and beautifully fast paced 2nd chance love story which has the main characters in their 70’s and leads to a story which is hilarious from very beginning. I was totally captivated throughout this addictive page turner, and I highly recommend for all readers.
J. Ockenhouse
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A golden years romcom that with all the craziness going on outside right nowm we need some witty banter and characters to remind us of the power of humor.

I don't think I've chuckled, spit out my drink and just enjoyed an easy romance in a long time. Kat brings these characters, their situations and environment right to our readers. I am not the biggest romcom fan but Kat nailed it and gave us a unique and interesting bookworld. I received an ARC for an honest and voluntarily review.
Ashleigh
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you want a book that will have you laughing out loud and leave you giggling and smiling like a Cheshire Cat then this is the book for you.

The chemistry is electric and the banter is witty and flows naturally and once you add in the secondary characters you get the perfect rom com.

I received a copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
Spunky N Sassy
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Marilyn and Clyde's story was really sweet. It is a story of two older people that want more and feel they deserve more. It was funny, sweet and sassy.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Mayday: Tinder Love in the Golden Years by Kat Addams is the story of Clyde and Marilyn.
This was such a fun read about an older couple meeting in a modern way. It was a easy fun read that I really enjoyed. Sweet, fun easy read.

Caroline
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
A light-hearted read with some amusing antics within. This was my first read by Kat Addams and it did keep me entertained.
This book uses humor to discuss topics that are all so often taboo, such the affects of ageing and as sex and the elderly.
Kristina Simkins
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful and funny golden years romance packed with intense chemistry, tons of LOL moments and a beautiful romance between two elderly people that prove you’re never too old to find love.💗
Dee
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I didn't know what to expect from this book, but I'm so glad I gave it a chance! It was cute and naughty!! The two main characters were everything, even at their age ;) ...more
CK
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Funny romance that shows you can never be too old to have it all! Quirky passion and intense passion (sometimes with the help of viagara) rolled into one!
Susan Zimmerman
Dec 11, 2020
Momo GL
Feb 11, 2021
Kat Addams
Feb 13, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
María S
Apr 01, 2020
Morena
Apr 02, 2020

• Fated (Fated, #1)
  • Across Eternity (Parallel, #4)
  • Easy to Fall (Hard to Love #4)
  • Heartbreak Prince (Broken Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Never Kiss a Stranger
  • No Reservations
  • The Secrets We Hide (The Four, #2)
  • Genesis (Bones, #1) A Mafia Romance: A Give Me Series Spinoff
  • My One True North
  • The Love Hack
  • Guts & Glory: Brick (In the Shadows Security, #6)
  • The CEO of Cristo
  • Beyond His Control (His #2)
  • Midnight Prince (Blackthorne Bloodlines, #1; The Blackthorne Vampires, #4)
  • Assassin's Game  (Assassins, #4)
  • Make You Mine (Love in Everton, #4)
  • Amico
Kat Addams is a forever twenty-nine-year-old fashionista following her lifelong dream of writing contemporary romance inspired by the exotic men she meets in her worldly travels. At least, that’s what she would like for you to think. She’s certainly not a stay-at-home mom indulging in excessive daydreaming, frozen pizzas, an unhealthy addiction to purchasing pajamas, and one too many cocktails on ...more

Dirty South (3 books)
  • Grit and Grind (Dirty South, #1)
  • Nashvegas Nights (Dirty South, #2)
  • Mr. Big Ego (Dirty South, #3)

News & Interviews

Nature, in Her infinite awesomeness, can provide solace even when you’re stuck in the house. As a matter of fact, the numbers suggest that...