Start by marking “Lightbringer (Empirium, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lightbringer (Empirium, #3)

Lightbringer

(Empirium #3)

Queen Rielle, pushed away from everything she loves, turns to Corien and his promises of glory. Meanwhile, whispers from the empirium slowly drive her mad, urging her to open the Gate. Separated from Audric and Ludivine, she embraces the role of Blood Queen and her place by Corien’s side, determined to become the monster the world believes her to be.

In the future, Eliana a

Published October 13th 2020 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about Lightbringer, please sign up.
afternoonsunjeans i've just read the latest newsletter in which claire says she will be extra tight-lipped about everything. she has nothing she can tell yet, with the …morei've just read the latest newsletter in which claire says she will be extra tight-lipped about everything. she has nothing she can tell yet, with the exception that the cover is really nice. the book will come out this year, oct. 13(less)

Start your review of Lightbringer (Empirium, #3)
jessica
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
happy release day! meaning, you have no excuse to not binge read this series right now. enjoy!
____________________________

oh, my heart. i was so not prepared for this series to end like this, or end in general. but i cant think of a more perfect way for this final installment to conclude.

from start to finish, i cant get over how consistent, how balanced, how engaging this entire series has been. this conclusion takes all of the best parts of the previous two books and builds upon it, resulting
Robin
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
↠ 2 stars

To anyone out there wondering why I need therapy, I would like to present into evidence this entire book. Lightbringer is the culmination of a lot of things, but it is first and foremost where Eliana and Rielles Journey draws to a close. We begin right where Kingsbane left off, with Rielle descending even further into darkness after fleeing with Corien, and Eliana having been captured by the enemy.

In many ways, this book was absolutely nothing like I expected. New character perspective
Whitney Atkinson
i'm still actively crying as i write this review. why is this the best YA series to ever exist ever ...more
CerysAnne
I have many, many, M A N Y questions...

I so very desperately need answers because what the fuck was that ending in Kingsbane I’m honestly still upset
Megan ❀
A solid 4 stars. I'm still sorting through my thoughts enough to write a coherent review, but I loved the ending and expected a little more from the journey of getting to it. RTC.

Pre-release Review:

Edit 7/7/20: I'm so emo over this series that I made a playlist to channel my feelings of love and despair as I wait for the final book. That's where I'm at.

Edit 2/26/2020: I WOULD LAY DOWN MY LIFE FOR THIS COVER. Also, I've decided that this is most definitely my most anticipated book of 2020.

Origina
alana ♡
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Time to go cry.

Welp, she did it. Claire Legrand somehow wrapped up this ruthless trilogy and I honestly can't imagine this ending any other way. Fair warning though, it will rip out your heart before slowly mending it back together and even then it'll never be the same 🙃
Abby
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I rated every book in this series 5*.
I can't express how much I love these books or how much they mean to me.
Forever my favourite fantasy series and I have a feeling it will be hard to ever compete with how I felt whilst reading it
Cassie
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-release-2020
Me, reading the last couple chapters of Kingsbane:

Me, desperately waiting for Lightbringer, coming to us on Oct. 13, 2020:

Books with Brittany
Feb 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Well that ended exactly as I expected and precisely how I wish it hadn’t. 🤦🏼‍♀️Why won’t most YA authors take that risk.
*** still very much enjoyed this conclusion and trilogy ***
Leah
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hall-of-fame
I definitely owe Raincoast Books my soul for this ARC, but they can't have it because Claire Legrand already took it and broke it into a million pieces. Anyone who knows me well is aware that The Empirium Trilogy is my all-time favourite fantasy series. I was scared of how this would come together, but please know that Legrand hit it out of the park. This story is magnificent and has been beautifully crafted from beginning to end.

Full review at A Book Shrew

This picks up almost right after that
CF Dracarys
I don't even know how to write this review. I will start with Claire Legrand and her beautiful prose. She writes so vividly and precise, even about things like magic that don't exist and other metaphysical things like light and auras, so acutely that it's like I'm watching an HD movie in my head. You see the elemental magic perfectly, which is no easy feat in terms of depictive writing. I strive to write like this and I'm so grateful for Legrand's generous gift that are these books (especially t ...more
mika
Oct 14, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
worst fucking book ever what a waste of my time
Athena of Velaris
“Love is the one constant force that no violence or despair can diminish. We must hold onto the light of this truth. Even when the world grows dark. Especially then.”

This novel destroyed me. Absolutely destroyed me. Having completed a reread of the first two books about a week ago, I had just fallen back in with the characters and had grown attached to them and their world all over again. This trilogy as a whole is excellent, and I highly recommend it if you are a fan of fantasy. Lightbringer
AJ
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
”In every moment, in every blade of grass, in every path untraveled—there I will be, beside you, and there I will always be.”

Ok, now that I’ve managed to stop crying for a full 5 hours, I think I can write a very short review— because let’s face it, I’ll start crying again..

Claire broke my heart over and over again in this book, in the most beautiful way possible. There was so much pain, suffering, redemption, and acts of love in this book.

I feel like Audric, Rielle, Ludivine, Eliana, Simon
☆ sana ☆
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
update: 01/01/21

2 stars. looking back on it, this was way more underwhelming than i first thought. right from the very first scene of book one, we are made to believe that rielle dardenne is supposed to bring doom and be the main villain of the trilogy but unfortunately she does not live up to the hype in lightbringer. in a final book, you usually expect a lot of action, but this finale lacks in that department as well.

update: 06/13/20

considering this is the last book in the trilogy, it was slow
Evie
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
booksNpenguins
May 26, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“The empirium speaks to you,” Eliana said, tearing her eyes from Remy to find Rielle once more. “It speaks to me too. It tells me to rise. It tells me it is mine and that I belong to it. But I belong only to myself. And it is the same for you.”

Apparently I survived this trilogy and my heart is still intact.
Don't know how you guys feel about it but I think I deserve an award.
Seriously, though, Claire Legrand just made it into my list of Authors Who Lovingly Torture Their Readers and I think
Katie
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS WAS BRILLIANT AND HEARTBREAKING

“You love me."
"I wish I didn't," she said bitterly.
"I fascinate you, darling."
"As would your death.”

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Furyborn Review *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Kingsbane Review *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Review
The Empirium trilogy now has solidified itself as one of my all time favorite series with this concluding novel. I felt like everything came together perfectly. This story was so captivating, and the twists and turns of the plot kept my heart racing the entire time th
Ava
I'll review this one day, when I'm not still raw from the ending of one of the best trilogies in fantasy. All you need to know is that this book, like its predecessors, is perfection. It has teeth and strays into dark places, but it's perfection. FRTC.

EDIT: The cover is so beautiful that it killed me. The book isn't even out and I'm dead. What am I supposed to do when I actually read it? Die twice? (Yeah probably). Seriously where did this cover come from? All of Corien's angels couldn't come up
jesse📚
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay. Here’s the thing: I’m so glad I decided not to give up on Furyborn.

I gave Furyborn a grand total of 2 out of 5 stars. I remember thinking it was one giant mess and I couldn’t for the life of me fully grasp the feel between whatever happened to Rielle and Eliana. Too much was happening and it felt like two books squeezed into one. I didn’t like Eliana and I sure as hell didn’t like Rielle. When I decided to read Kingsbane, I grew to like Eliana and hating Rielle.

This book managed to turn th
Sena
Jun 14, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Update: (Nov. 26/19) Hell yeah 🙌🏻

WHO ELSE IS BETTING THIS BOOK IS GOING TO BE CALLED LIGHTBRINGER
Gaby (lookingatbooks)
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ARC courtesy of Edelweiss

i feel so much pain right now but i’m also beyond impressed with Claire Legrand for crafting this beautiful novel. the brilliance of the world building, plot, characters, just everything left me in awe. i don’t know if i’m satisfied with the ending; nevertheless i did think it ended the way it should. i love how connected i felt to every character in this series, which can often be a rare thing. for once, when reading a multiple POV story, i didn’t dislike one character’
Victoria BookLover
This final installment was enjoyable, however I wouldn’t say that it was the conclusion that I was anticipating. This was unfortunate because this of course Lightbringer was one of of the finales I was the most excited for.

Despite that I gave it four starts because the last half of the book was impactful enough that it made up for the first half, which to my disappointment was very slow compared to the entirety of the first two books. Like how does one half of the book move THAT slow. SOMETHING
casandra
thanks for the pain i guess
rosemariereads
May 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I could give Lightbringer a million stars I would 🥺

These books are the types of books that remind me why I love to read.

Lightbringer and the whole trilogy itself was beautiful and soul crushing, it was TRULY epic and also something like I’ve never read before, especially with how handled the moralities of right & wrong.

I may be a bit dramatic but this series is truly one of my favorites ever and I am so so so so happy to have read it.

I highly, highly recommend this book ❤️ Apart from the amaz
Jenn
Wow, what a conclusion to this series. I was really worried going into it as the previous books have been a little bit of a let down for me. And while I still had issues with this one, overall, I was fairly satisfied.

I want to start off with what I liked. What drew me to this book was the plot and that's what kept me around throughout the story. The prologue for this book is one of the best I've read. It hooked me immediately and I just wanted to know how these characters got to that point. Leg
michelle xie ✧
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
“We all have light and darkness inside us. That is what it means to be human.”

To say that I enjoyed reading Lightbringer would be a lie. It suffered from the same issue that plagued Kingsbane; the pacing was awful. It was such a chore to read the first 2/3 of this book because the plot really dragged on and to me that was such a disappointing thing, since I really enjoyed reading the first two books in this trilogy from the beginning to the very end. This book, however, was the complete oppo
Bonnie Wells
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i did not finish this book, it finished me
C R O N C H
The more I think about this book the more I realize how truly dark this series gets. I can't express the feelings and emotions Legrand puts into this series you can truly feel how determined she was while writing this. It's amazing and puts me to shame on my own writing. How many times I've put my heart out for these characters only to know in the end they're going to put me in betrayal. Anyway enough of the deep heart stuff. Read these books.

Most listened to song while reading this is: Empty Cr
Laura ☾
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was definitely better than the first two instalments, but I still had some of the same issues as I did with the previous books, especially in terms of pacing/foreshadowing.

full RTC

• The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (The Hunger Games, #0)
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Wilder Girls
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist (The Friend Zone, #2)
  • Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
  • Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You
  • The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
  • Vicious (Villains, #1)
  • A ​Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #4)
  • Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • The Storm Crow (The Storm Crow, #1)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
  • A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3)
See top shelves…
Claire Legrand used to be a musician until she realized she couldn’t stop thinking about the stories in her head. Now she is a librarian and New York Times bestselling author living in central New Jersey.

Her first novel is THE CAVENDISH HOME FOR BOYS AND GIRLS, one of the New York Public Library’s 100 Titles for Reading and Sharing in 2012. She is also the author of THE YEAR OF SHADOWS, a ghost st

Empirium (3 books)
  • Furyborn (Empirium, #1)
  • Kingsbane (Empirium, #2)

Articles featuring this book

“There is too much hate in the world already. Why direct more of it at yourself?” 13 likes
“Someone who hates me as he does deserves no piece of my heart.” 7 likes