Start by marking “The Book of the Sails (Vesik #14)” as Want to Read:
The Book of the Sails (Vesik #14)

The Book of the Sails

(Vesik #14)

A demon unleashed. A queen restored. A quest into a realm of fire and death...

The Burning Lands once again beckon Vicky as she and Zola fight to release Tessrian on the realm of the fire demons. Traveling aboard an ancient ship known as the Bone Sails, the infamous pirate Graybeard takes the helm. But all is not what it seems.

Together, they must fulfill Vesik’s promise on
Published February 14th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Book of the Sails, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of the Sails

Start your review of The Book of the Sails (Vesik #14)
Penny
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am a big fan of this author, and I admit I wasn’t sure I was going to like the novellas he was going to write. I was completely wrong; these have been so fun! This one was especially a good time, while advancing the plot so much. These novellas are building to the end, and I can’t wait until then. While waiting, we are treated to a glimpse into these characters in saving Vesik. The end has many twists and turns, and now I have to wait until the next one, but thankfully not too long. One thing ...more
Kristofer Stachowiak
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Eric R. Asher should give a master class in world building. Every book in this series just brings out more and more of this universe, and brings me deeper and deeper into it! As Vicky and crew embark on their voyage to save Vesik, the reader feels as if they are on the ship, right next to all the characters. For those that are just coming into this world, do yourself a favor and read the previous books. It will make this one all the more special. Trust me.
Sandy
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A story in a story!

Eric Asher has packed so much action into this novella that it left me breathless to the point of almost needing CPR. My heart even stopped a couple of times. It has laughter as well as all the action you expect! You won't want to put it down until you are done reading chapter after chapter after chapter! Chores, food, phone calls, and if you have kids, they can wait until you are done! Well, done sir!
Lisa Guertin
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every time I think Eric Asher’s writing can’t get any better, he manages to surprise me and top his previous book. The Book Of The Sails kept me glued to my Kindle and on the edge of my seat from start to finish. Watching almost this group of friends work together to save Vicky, Sam and Damian is completely absorbing. I’m so grateful to my friend who told me I had to read the Vesik books. You were right Melinda!
Stacey
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Adventure

Please tell me how Eric Asher can write such good stories — all of the time!! No, don’t tell me. It will ruin the mystery.

Mr. Asher hits it out of the park AGAIN! Of all the novels in the books of the dead I find this one the most “fun.” Seriously, pirates, demons, ghosts, pandas, necromancers, death bats and I think I saw some dead people. I thoroughly enjoyed this installment.

The ending, however, oh my! His ending just get you good. Twists like you wouldn’t imagine.

Don’t
TE
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Book of the Sails is my new favorite Vesik novella. It's like a high-seas action adventure with one of the most unique (and deadly) treasure hunting pirate crews ever. I'm always kind of wowed by how much awesomeness Mr Asher can pack into such a short read. Excellent installment to the series.

For those who want to know: This one has violence, half a dozen F-bombs but no sex.
Susan
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Book of Sails is the fourteenth book in the Vesick series. This book should not be read as a standalone or you will be confused with the storyline. There is violence and use of magic. Damien's friends are still trying to free him. In this shorter book they join up with Blackbeard and his crew to continue collecting the items they need. I love these "side" stories!
Wendy Schindler
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding!!

The Author continues to give us insight into the Misfits pasts, and tease us through another set of trials, and another book of torture for those of us rooting for Team Vesik!
It's a fantistic book that I highly recommend!
Thomas Griffin
Pirates and fire demons

The gambles have been made. The action is starting to pick up. Greybeard gets his time to shine but let's face it, Luna wins this book hands down.

My only request now is for Mr. Asher to remake MST3K with Luna, Vesik and a rotating cast of boorish people.
Andrea Laws
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You gotta love a pirate ship!

I am absolutely adoring these books from the other main characters from Damian Vesiks world. I love following the progression of stories that not only continue the quest but allow such a huge insight into the lives and thoughts of the others. Bring on the next book!
Nicole
Love love love

This just gets better. Loved getting to see.org of Greybeard. One step closer to the final showdown and i just can't wait. Book of the sails is masterful story telling.
Nicki Johnson
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Eric Asher does it again! Love love love his books and getting a deeper look at some of the other characters from the Vesik series is amazing! Bravo!!
Amy
Love it

I suck at reviewing without giving away the story, but I love this series and this one is as good as the rest
Mike Arthur
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great in the Vesik series. The "Book Of The...." is not only moving the Vesik story line along , but also gives a perfect mix of backstory from different character POV
Trish Vestal brown
Matt Mcbee
Todd
Feb 18, 2020

• Saving Mr. K: A Montague & Strong Detective Story
  • The Golem (Montague & Strong Case Files #10)
  • An Unexpected Truth (Alastair Stone Chronicles)
  • Devil's Dream (Shade of Devil #1)
  • Salvation: Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter Year Four
  • Vampin' Ain't Easy (Legend of the Vampire Reject, #1)
  • Sea Breeze (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #8)
  • Sin & Spirit (Demigods of San Francisco, #4)
  • Dead of Knight (Guardians of Camelot #2)
  • A Warrior Christmas (The Protectors, #14)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Boys' Night (Way) Out (Alastair Stone Chronicles)
  • Blood Bound: A Junkyard Druid Urban Fantasy Short Story Collection (Junkyard Druid Novellas Book 5)
  • Inflection Point: A Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter Novel (Quincy Harker Demon Hunter Book 6)
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride: The Epilogues (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • Devil’s Blood (Shade of Devil Book 3)
  • Sinister: Unrighteous
  • Cunning Devil (Lost Falls #1)
Eric is a former bookseller, cellist, and comic seller currently living in Saint Louis, Missouri. A lifelong enthusiast of books, music, toys, and games, he discovered a love for the written word after being dragged to the library by his parents at a young age. When he is not writing, you can usually find him reading, gaming, or buried beneath a small avalanche of Transformers.

Vesik (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Days Gone Bad (Vesik, #1)
  • Wolves and the River of Stone (Vesik, #2)
  • Winter's Demon (Vesik, #3)
  • This Broken World (Vesik, #4)
  • Destroyer Rising (Vesik, #5)
  • Rattle the Bones (Vesik, #6)
  • Witch Queen's War (Vesik #7)
  • Forgotten Ghosts (Vesik #8)
  • The Book of the Ghost (Vesik #9)
  • The Book of the Claw (Vesik #10)