Start by marking “Space Boy Volume 6 (Space Boy, #6)” as Want to Read:
Space Boy Volume 6 (Space Boy, #6)

Space Boy Volume 6

(Space Boy #6)

To Amy, everyone has a flavor . . . and she has finally figured out Oliver's! His flavor is orange with a hint of cinnamon--bright and alive, full of passion and love.

Amy's friend
Published March 10th 2020 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Space Boy Volume 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Space Boy Volume 6

Start your review of Space Boy Volume 6 (Space Boy, #6)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Still loving these!! They are children’s books. I’m in my late 40’s, who gives a shit. Love what you love! 😉.

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Chad
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
A soap opera for little girls. I don't know that this would appeal to anyone over the age of 10. Hardly anything of note happens in this 250 page story.

Received a review copy from Dark Horse and Edelweiss. All thoughts are my own and in no way influenced by the aforementioned.
Rod Brown
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
A small hint is possibly given to Oliver's origins, but mostly it's just a continuation of the teen angst from last time. The pacing is soooo sloooow.

And it was off-putting that the only brown-skinned male featured was shown accosting our lily-white heroine so she could be saved/avenged by two even whiter guys. I'm not accusing the creator of anything, I've just been reading a lot of books about racism this month and this caught my attention in a way I know it would not have just a few days ago.
Jenny
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Adorable. Amy's reaction to her first snow day made my heart happy. ...more
The 6th volume of this fun, quiet series, of a girl who grew up in outer space, learning about life on earth, and the strange boy called Oliver that up until this volume, she thought didn’t have a flavor (Amy can sense flavors in people)

The story on line, of course, has gone beyond this volume, but I am being patient and reading them as they come out.
Alison
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This volume isn't out until March 2020, but I've caught up with the content that's available online (which goes way beyond this) and I'm so enraptured by this story! Absolutely can't wait to see more of this as time goes on, and I'll definitely be buying the comics as they come. ...more
mad mags
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
The one where we finally discover Oliver's flavor!

(Full disclosure: I received a free e-ARC for review through Edelweiss.)

-- 3.5 stars --

A long-running weekly comic on WEBTOON, Stephen McCranie's Space Boy is teased as "A sci-fi drama of a high school aged girl who belongs in a different time, a boy possessed by emptiness as deep as space, an alien artifact, mysterious murder, and a love that crosses light years."

The MC is Amy, a sixteen-year-old girl who's pretty normal except for the fact tha
Ellen
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
"It means something to be there. It means something to exist"

Still love this webtoon. Not as much happens in this volume. It's mostly setup for things to come, but still a good read.
Tammy
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read this volume on Webtoons a couple of months ago because I couldn't wait for it to be published. I love this series! ...more
Timea
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finally, I was able to return to Amy's and Oliver's future! It was, again, a blast to reread this comic. I just love its characters so much!
This time, the cover features Zeph, one of Amy's new friends who has invited her to prom and tries to get closer to her. However, Amy is too distracted by the drama in her friend group, school, and the mystery about Oliver.
In this volume, the plot was less important. It focused on the emotions and developments, both things I usually don't really like to read
Delaney
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is just such a cute series, ranks right up there with Heartstopper for me.
I love reading these new volumes on release day because they always make me so happy, and I can't wait for the next one.
Cassie
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series keeps delivering. If you like the pace and mood of the first one, you'll love this one. It's a slow one, but the scenes allowed to breathe are a delight. Can't wait to find out what happens next. ...more
Dakota Morgan
Sep 18, 2020 rated it liked it
A little more information about Oliver ((view spoiler)), but otherwise this sixth volume is all character growth with very few big picture moves. That's fine, these characters are nice folks, I don't mind spending 30 minutes with them. It's nice to see the Cassie/David break-up play out and to watch Zeph work through his feelings. I wasn't shocked by any of it - Space Boy continues to be a pleasant, uninvolving read.

As a
Cathy
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another pleasant read. Not much happens in this volume- just more character exploration and Amy being cute as she encounters snow for the first time. The ending makes it seem like the next installment will dive deeper into Oliver’s true backstory.
Amanda (MetalPhantasmReads)
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I actually finished a thing! Feels like it's been forever since I finished a book. I like seeing the changes in the characters and Amy is such a wonderful person to root for! ...more
Sage
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read all of these books on Webtoons, so I don't know what happened in this exact section of the story, but overall I rate the series 5 stars. The art is lovely, the characters are delightful, and the story inventive and engaging. ...more
Rebecca Ann
Jun 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I can really relate to all the kids at our library reading this. I am ready for the next volume as soon as I start the current one.
Rachel
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So, when I realized how much more there is published online than in the physical books, I decided I don't have the patience for waiting after all. And I binge-read the rest of what's out. So I don't know where this book ends, but I'll give it five stars to represent what I've thought of all the rest thus far after book 5. The characters (particularly Oliver and Amy) are amazing and the plot is intriguing and the art style is ever improving. I like it quite a lot. ...more
dan
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
im literally going feral w love for this series
Julianna Wagar
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was literally perfect! My favourite volume so far, I smiled and laughed and cried and it was just what I needed!
Marilyn B
Overall this series has been great and inventive; however, reading and rating each volume reveals flaws. I haven’t read the series on webtoons.com so it’s been a few months since I read the last volume. This one progressed the story very little. The entire volume takes place over two days. I still know almost nothing about Oliver, Zeph is still pining for Amy but she has no idea, David and Cassie are still sad about being broken up, it snows.

Side note: I was shocked to discover that the year is
Becky B
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Amy's heart is very full. She has several friends who are hurting, and she wants to be able to help all of them. But knowing how to help can be challenging. On the plus side, Amy gets to experience her first snow fall. On another negative side, she's struggling with history that happened while she was in stasis, and while researching an extra credit project comes across interesting information about an alien object and the ship sent to investigate it. Meanwhile, Oliver has told his guardian he w ...more
Kay
Still really enjoying this story!
Both Amy & I forgot all the "journey to the Artifact" stuff from Vol. 1. Glad we got a refresher course when Amy flunked her history exam. ;)

Character-wise, I'm so curious about Oliver. I'm on team Dr. Kim (I can't believe Oliver destroyed one of his terrariums! Boo!). And, I still love Amy's wonderment at everything on earth. Her first snow day was very sweet! (Zeph is totally going to get his heart broken here.)

I can't believe Scott (from Vol. 3) was going to
Anne
Jan 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
I love this series. One book is never enough! They are quick reads, beautifully illustrated, and packed with intrigue and Amy's enthusiasm for life. Full of delightful characters and sci-fi technology, it's an engaging series to get hooked on. One of the only downfalls for me is how slowly the Space Boy mystery is revealed. We're into the 6th book and Amy still knows next to nothing about Oliver - if that's even his name. I could read further into this series on webtoons.com, but I really prefer ...more
Aprilj328
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Snow day --Amy experiences snow for the first time going sledding with Zeph who wants to confess his feelings for her but doesn't want to ruin their friendship--she sees Oliver again and he says goodbye --she breaks down and talks to her parents about all the things going on her life --David and Cassie breaking up; school stuff and Oliver. She goes to see Dr Kim at the hospital and is told he has just quit and now she realizes Oliver has gone. ...more
Kristen
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This sci-fi graphic series is great fun, and does a good job of hooking readers in with each book and giving them just enough to satisfy them while having them yearning for the next one. Amy and her friends go through typical teenage turmoil, while Amy continues her quest to understand the mysterious Oliver. Though the characters are in high school, this series has been very popular at my elementary as well, and the subject matter works at any level.
Nadina
Aug 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Weirdly, in contrast to the last volume I felt like this volume was very slow. I feel like things dragged out a bit and characters made little development. It felt very expository. I am curious about the next volume still. I do still enjoy the artwork and layout. Hopefully this was just an anomaly for the series.
liv
Sep 01, 2020 rated it liked it
i waited sooo long for my library loan to be ready and i devoured this so fast but i was kind of disappointed since there's hardly any story progression in this volume :/ def going to keep reading tho ...more
CylonRev
3.5 or 4
Breelynd Huntley
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another good volume. Still felt like a bit of filler and not like we were going anywhere fast.

• Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 4: Out of Time (Lumberjanes, Vol. 4)
  • Séance Tea Party
  • Shirley and Jamila Save Their Summer
  • Critical Role: Vox Machina Origins II #3
  • Critical Role: Vox Machina Origins II #2
  • Critical Role: Vox Machina Origins II #1
  • Book Love
  • Thirsty Mermaids
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 3: A Terrible Plan (Lumberjanes, Vol. 3)
  • Strange Planet (Strange Planet #1)
  • The Deep & Dark Blue
  • Fence, Vol. 2
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 2: Friendship to the Max
  • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • Witches of Brooklyn
  • The Big Four (Hercule Poirot, #5)
  • White Bird
Stephen McCranie has been drawing comics since before he could read or write. He graduated from the University of New Mexico with a degree in Fine Arts and currently lives and works out of a small apartment in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Space Boy (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Space Boy Volume 1 (Space Boy, #1)
  • Space Boy Volume 2 (Space Boy, #2)
  • Space Boy Volume 3 (Space Boy, #3)
  • Space Boy Volume 4 (Space Boy, #4)
  • Space Boy Volume 5 (Space Boy, #5)
  • Stephen McCranie's Space Boy Volume 7