Start by marking “Say Yes Summer” as Want to Read:
Say Yes Summer

Say Yes Summer

Perfect for fans of Morgan Matson and Netflix/Hallmark Channel rom-coms, this is the story of a girl who decides to give in to the universe and just say yes to everything, bringing her friendship, new experiences, and, if she lets her guard down, true love.

The perfect book to kick off summer! For as long as Rachel Brooks can remember, she's had capital-G Goals: straight As
Published May 12th 2020 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Say Yes Summer, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Say Yes Summer
Ashley Nuckles
I read this completely in one sitting! Overall, it was a super cute, fast-paced, summer romance story. It was a bit simple, like a story I’ve read or watched multiple times before, but still enjoyable! Just like the description says, if you’re into Morgan Matson, you’ll find this enjoyable I think!
Olivia (Stories For Coffee)
If you’re ever looking for a quick, summery read that’s an instant dose of happiness, this book is the one for you. With major Morgan Matson vibes, Say Yes Summer was a book that I almost read in one sitting. It gave me the nostalgia of being a teen during the summer along with a cute romance to bat.

I absolutely loved Rachel, the protagonist, whose personality is/was just like mine in high school where I played it safe, never said yes to new opportunities, never tried to hang out with new people
Alaina
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

4 stars of cuteness!

Say Yes Summer introduces you to Rachel and her two love interests Miles and Clayton. Both are pretty easy to fall in like with but only one is completely and utterly lovable. I'll let you decide who for yourself.

Now this book was a really cute romcom. Heck I read it one little sitting.. which I thinks was maybe an hour or two? Not quite sure but I definitely flew through this one. After meeting Rachel,
M.  [storme reads a lot]
This book just reminded me how lame I’ve always been. It’s got a good start, but then it just gets lost in cliches and predictable plots. It’s a quick summer read, but it’s not a book I’ll be reading again soon or suggesting.
Kelly
Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-arcs
Say Yes Summer is a YA Contemporary Romance where you meet Rachel and her two love interests, Miles and Clayton. From the beginning, I knew I loved one a lot more than the other.(view spoiler) The chemistry & banter was there and I was so excited during the whole book to see how and if they would end up together and I'm glad to say Rachel ended up with the best choice ;)

Now I know I'm not the only one who got annoyed by Rachel when she messed up pretty badly by being wi
Samantha (WLABB)
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
She worked hard for the past four years, earning the title of valedictorian and a spot in the freshman class at Northwestern University, but in order to accomplish her goals, she had to miss out on many things. That was why Rachel decided to stop saying NO, and to make this her SAY YES SUMMER.

• Pro: This book was the super-fun rom-com I was hoping for. It was great watching Rachel expand her social circle, as well as, reconnecting with a childhood friend. We went to parties, crossed the boarder,
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)

What a perfectly entertaining (and enjoyable) summer romcom. It sorta reminded me of Booksmart in the beginning - overachiever regretting missing out on the high school experience and decides to broaden horizons the summer before college, so if you're looking for something to remind you of a great movie, look no further. Rachel has a very eventful summer after taking a self-help book to heart and starts to get outside of her comfort zone (and juggle 2 guys affections). There was a lot o
Stacee
May 16, 2020 rated it liked it

I really liked this synopsis and the blurb from Kasie West, so I jumped in.

I really liked Rachel. She’s smart and once she realizes that she’s kept her head down all through high school, she’s determined to try something new. There’s a pretty small group of characters here and I will say that Nonna stole every scene she was in.

Plot wise, it was good. There’s a lot of fluff and fun experiences coupled with boys and rekindled friendships. I loved the growth Rachel had and this slice of
Ana Ramos
May 23, 2020 rated it liked it
2.75 tho I really enjoyed the synopsis.
These were my expectations as I kept reading:
description

I feel bad giving this rate because I actually enjoyed the last 50 pages and the route it took towards the end and I'd like to say it justify the annoying cliche characters at the beginning and a too predictable start plot but unfortunately it was too slow for me and at the end it didn't paid off
Leah Waters
Jun 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, ya-fiction
What a cute summer read!

This was pretty typical YA romance, but I really enjoyed it! I related the main character so much, and there were so many moments that had me smiling.

Ultimately, this book is about learning to say "no"--and how to say "yes." It's about going out of your comfort zone but staying true to yourself, which is a message everyone needs to hear sometimes.
Kara
Mar 17, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joee (booksandacupofjoee)
This was such a sweet YA Summery story about a girl learning to say yes to new adventures after graduation which did include 2 very cute boys. 😜🙌 It was a cute love triangle that had me torn at first. It was a super quick, precious read that gave me the summer vibes I was looking for! If you want something sweet, quick and fluffy I'd give this one a shot!!! ...more
Aly
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a cute read to kick off summer!
I loved this book, Rachel is a great character and the plot is fun and moves quickly. Rachel is the Valedictorian, super smart girl that never experienced high school life. Parties, boyfriends, and making mistakes were never part of her agenda, but now that summer is here, she decides to take some risks and just say yes to everything.

I really liked that both Miles and Clayton were good guys and neither were stuck up or treated her poorly. I had a favorite, Te
Yesha- Books Teacup and Reviews
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, ya
*** Note: I received e-copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review. Many thanks to PRHGlobal for free copy. ***

Say Yes Summer was cute and fluffy YA Contemporary, a coming of age story of Rachel and her summer of saying yes to everything. It was about pros and cons of saying Yes or No that comes with opportunity cost, experiencing the world for the first time, friendship, family, and love.

Writing was simple, easy, and entertaining. It was super-fast paced
inabookshell
Jan 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
Okay okay, let’s talk about this book.

This book is about a girl named Rachel in the summer before her freshman year of college. And this summer isn’t like the other ones simply because Rachel decides she is going to be adventurous and say yes... to everything (even if the said “everything” is dumb and could possibly hurt people’s feelings, *sigh*).

I rated this book 4 stars simply because it was very fun, and very entertaining. The main character definitely annoyed me at certain points, but it
Jen Ryland
This was super cute. As a studious, cautious person growing up, I really related to Rachel. Loved her family and that she has a job at their restaurant. Liked the way the book dealt with female friendship and had her reconnect with someone she’d drifted apart from. It was fun to see her try new things!

Just a heads-up that part of Rachel's saying "yes" is exploring her feelings for two different guys and this does create a triangle-y romantic situation, if that is an issue for you. I definitely s
Lauren Greene
Jul 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Cute summer read. I liked the characters and style of writing but felt like the romance elements were not developed enough to be fully believable. If this had like 50 more pages I think the author could’ve done a lot to enhance the romance. As it is it’s probably 3.5/3.75 stars but rounding up. Also the cover! So cute!
Deborah E Kehoe
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rachel’s life has been all about structure and checking off the items that will help her achieve her goals. Good grades, extracurricular activity at the old folks home, staying in on Friday night to study- check, check, check! When she finds an inspirational book of her Nonna’s she curiously checks it out and before she knows it, her no’s have turned into yes’s. This cute contemporary is all about making small changes, saying yes to new experiences, and living life to the fullest!

Rachel’s life h
Morgan Wilson
Jul 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Super quick and fun summer read! I honestly wish there was more to this one. The main conflict was resolved only like 5 pages after the climax, so it felt a bit unrealistic, but it was fine bc it was all cute and sweet and whatnot. I really liked the “say yes summer” concept and could relate to the main character a lot.
Chance (temporary.escaper)
Thank you to NetGalley for giving an eArc in exchange for an honest review!
2.5 🌟
The story itself was cute, but it was shallow and underdeveloped. I didnt care for the main character and felt like she was just annoying most of the time. There was no buildup or chemistry, you’re just plopped into a teenie bopper love story and one or two things happen quick that are unrealistic then it’s over.
Erin (erinevelynreads)
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley20
Say Yes Summer has all the perfect elements of the genre: a love triangle, re-discovering friendships, a crappy, yet endearing summer job, a likable young heroine, and young love. It’s perfect for fans of Sarah Dessen, Jenny Han, and Morgan Matson!
Lori
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️.5
Content Rating: 16+
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Published: May 12th, 2020 by Delacorte Press

Say Yes Summer is a light, straightforward rom-com that is a bit predictable, but still enjoyable. This is the first book by Lindsey Roth Culli that I have read, and while the writing and character development are relatively well done, it did feel a bit unpolished.

Rachel Brooks has done everything right in the first eighteen years of her life. She has had laser focus thro
Emelie
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Say Yes Summer Review:

Rating: 4 stars

So I’ve been reading a lot of books about summer it seems, and none of them have surprised me more than Say Yes Summer by Lindsey Roth Culli. I was browsing books on Netgalley recently, and the description of this book caught my eye, and I was lucky enough to get approved for an e-arc. So thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Things I Liked:
- I really loved the main character, Rachel. I thought she woul
Gayatri Saikia   | per_fictionist
AAAAAHHHH!!!
This book was a DELIGHT!
We have Rachel, a rather apprehensive teen who finds it difficult to step out of her comfort zone.
But she has just one summer to take THAT big step : EXACTLY "SEVENTY SEVEN DAYS, EIGHTEEN HOURS AND TWENTY ONE MINUTES" and so she decides that this summer will be the summer of "YESes"
And thus begins Rachel's quite remarkable summer!

I absolutely enjoyed Rachel's story and being a total introvert, myself I could relate so much with her!
I know how unthinkable it
ThatBookGal
May 10, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a nice, gentle summer story of coming out of your shell and first love. This would be the perfect teen beach read, with an ice cream and a cool drink. It's very easy to read, and could be done in one sitting very easily.

The book is a good reminder to sometimes say yes when your inclination would be to say no. Rachel learns quite quickly that there is a balance that needs to be found, but that there are benefits to pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. She had some wonderful people
yahaira ✰
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, young-adult, summer
thank you netgalley for this arc in exchange for an honest review!

i love the concept of this book (i love yes man). it sounded so intriguing! the cover is so cute as well. and for the most part, i enjoyed this book.
i adored the friendships. the characters. the STORY.
imagine my surprise finding out there was a love triangle! that trope never gets old!
only thing stopping me from giving this 5 stars is that this book was very... anticlimactic????? i'm so disappointed by how everything was resolve
Natalie
Gladys
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. I found the main character of this book very likable and I thought the plot was compelling and fun. I enjoyed the concept of "just saying yes" and it was interesting to see what changes that brought to Rachel's life. A really cute read. Of my own accord I am posting a forthright review. ...more
Danielle
Jun 05, 2020 rated it liked it
3 stars
Cute but young story. It was a very slow book. Fluffy and light. Nothing to really grab you and then the ending left me hoping for me. I was like "that is it??"
Grace Williams
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Last Chance Summer
  • Just a Boy and a Girl in a Little Canoe
  • Four Days of You and Me
  • Meet Me at Midnight
  • Keep My Heart in San Francisco
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • Far From Normal
  • Pieces of Her
  • The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • Now & When