Jump to ratings and reviews

Dark Immortal Flames #1

Claimed: Dark Breeds of the Lycans

Discover A Scorching New World Of Immortals In Lasasha Flame’s Tale Claimed: Dark Breeds Of The Lycans, The First Installment Of The Dark Immortal Flames Series... Coming Soon

Dark Lycan Alpha Lord… Power Is Everything

Rike West reveres power. After his father’s recent death, the opportunity to gain more rises. It is his birthright to unite both his empire with his fathers and sit on both thrones but he is met with red tape. Without a Queen and a legitimate heir, Rike will be forced to give up his claim to his father’s Empire to another with a stronger claim. Rike decides to find a mate to wed and bed. He doesn’t need love, just kick him out a babe so he can claim rule over half of the North American lycans.

Except fate had other plans and throws him one curveball after another, One being the growing obsession with Amelia. She is fierce, beautiful, and not to be underestimated. One problem: She hates his guts and sees him as a ruthless monster she wants nothing to do with… She’s not wrong

Future Queen Of The Dark Moon Empire? Ha… I Think Not!

Amelia Torrin is just a free-spirited lone lycan looking to explore the world and occasionally paint little masterpieces. Her visit to see a good friend leads to meeting a dark and dangerous lycan alpha; Who would stop at nothing to have her. He is going to learn real fast, that she is nobody’s prisoner and will kill him before she would ever agree to birth his unholy offspring.

If You Enjoy Paranormal And Fantasy Romances With Werewolves And Lycans, Alpha Men, Strong Female Characters, Explicit Language, Hot Sex Scenes, And Enemies To Lovers This Is The Book For You! Can Be Read As A Standalone But Better In The Series.
Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

LaSasha Flame

18 books199 followers
LaSasha Flame is a new black author of dark romances from Chicago, IL.

Connect with her on Facebook!

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
10 (3%)
1 star
12 (4%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 87 reviews
Profile Image for Bex (Beckie Bookworm).
1,875 reviews1,193 followers
March 16, 2021
DNF 18%
The premise of this sounded so good it’s a paranormal Lycan shifter romance but I just couldn’t get into it and I found the start confusing and choppy.
The narrative for me felt disjointed and I couldn’t get a feel for the style.
I also wasn’t that invested in the characters either and I absolutely detested Rike who came across as a complete tosser I like anti-hero’s but I just couldn’t with him.
This one was not for me so I decided to DNF at 18%
Profile Image for Bonny Niswonger.
387 reviews8 followers
July 30, 2020
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. Rike West is looking for his mate but there is some that like to cause trouble for him. Rike has to find a female that can give him a child. But he is having problems finding one that will be his and just his. Now would be the time to get the book.
Profile Image for Sadie Forsythe.
Author 1 book261 followers
January 21, 2022
I quit at 25%. It's bad. I love an anti-hero, but that's not what we have here in a man who murders his first wife in part to be with the heroine. And that wasn't the only problem I have with the 1/4 I read. I bailed rather than torture myself.
1,476 reviews19 followers
August 7, 2020
Their union was more war than romance!
by sewsummore

I am not usually a fan of fantasy novels, but this book grabbed my attention from the start. Rike was King of the Lycans, a dark purebred Lycan, and he sought to claim what was his as his father's son. Under Lycan law, Zacharias's claim was equal to his, since Zacharias was his father's Beta. Rike had only three more years to take a mate and birth an heir to cement his claim before his claim becomes void. He would only take a purebred Lycan to be his wife, and there were very few of them left. His first marriage ended due to acts of treason and death. Rike was determined his second would last. Unfortunately, his name struck terror in the hearts of his enemies, and the one woman he wanted did not want him. Amelia ran from Rike, despite her attraction to him. His lust for power sickened her, and she refused his attentions. The time came when Amelia could no longer escape, and he forced the marriage and their mating. Amelia was a dark Lycan, the same as Rike, but their union was more war than romance. It was the battles fought between the mates that I found this book absorbing with strong characters, Amelia was defiant, determined never to give in to Rike's demands. Her nature demanded it while he demanded her submission. When the truth concerning his first marriage is revealed to Amelia, her resistance begins to weaken, and his determined wooing bears fruit. When peace is declared in their marriage, the two of them must face further hurdles to cement their rule. This book is the first book from this author I have read of this series but will not be the last.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Profile Image for JOJO (jojoxobooks).
50 reviews2 followers
January 31, 2021
I listened to the book on audio and the narration was really good. I just don’t think the book was for me. I loved the steaminess of the book. I wish there was more world building and more on the shifting side. Since it’s the first book I would have wanted more details on pack life and why things are they put into place that way. I feel the issues between Rike and Amelia would get resolved rather quickly which caused the chapter to be short. The author introduced some great characters and her mind was in the right direction. I would definitely read some of her other work.
8,193 reviews93 followers
August 10, 2020
I've read several books written by Lasasha Flame; she has done a great job at writing a good book; she is becoming one of my favorite authors. I can’t wait to read more of books her books.

Fantastic story line; caught my attention at the very beginning and kept me interested throughout the entire book.

I loved the characters.

Profile Image for Stephanie.
331 reviews1 follower
August 1, 2020
WOW! Amazing! This story grabbed my attention by the throat from the get go! Rike and Amelia are high octane... such an explosive romance and once she decides on board she is ALL in! Rike is the big bad of the Lycans and feared but also loved by all. Amelia is a free spirit who bounces around where ever her fancy takes her. When they meet not only do fireworks go off but the bells n whistles too. Rike puts her through a lot and she does her fair share also but they eventually learn they are meant for each other and that is when they start to work at keeping each other. A very sweet romance. They both played dirty but when the going gets tough they both fight to win and damn can they throw down!!!!!!!!!! I hope Al & Rett find a way to work through whatever they have going on and that Al works through his grief over Cami. Hope Amelia's mom finds happiness also. Not sure who this Alaster is but sounds like it's bout to get hotter in the Dark Moon territory. I really enjoyed this view on Lycans and werewolves.

Profile Image for Emily Pennington.
15.6k reviews187 followers
August 1, 2020
Rike West wants to gain even more power than he currently holds. When his father dies, he sees the opportunity to bring together his and his father’s empires and double his power by claiming rule over half of the North American Lycans. But he needs a Queen and an heir or someone else can take that empire before he can. He picks Amelia Torrin, a purebred free-spirited Lycan, to give him the heir and complete his plans. He never expected her to deny him! Trying to force her into this is not a good plan, as she will quickly teach him. But when danger comes at them from the outside, they are both put into danger. Will they join together to protect each other? Or will she fight her own battles and leave him as soon as she can?

An exciting start to a new series. I look forward to the strong and feisty Amelia keeping strong control of her life. Grab your copy and see what the future has for these two when neither of them is the type to back off of a situation. Sparks should be freely flying!
Profile Image for Scarolet Ellis.
7,444 reviews44 followers
August 4, 2020
Claimed: Dark Breeds of the Lycans by LaSasha Flame is a wonderful story to read. This is book number one in this wonderful start to a brand new series written by a brand new author for me to read and I can not wait to read the rest of this series. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about werewolves, lycans, dark and paranormal romance.

745 reviews4 followers
August 5, 2020
I really enjoyed this book. Lots of romance and plot twists to keep you interested. Rike and Amelia are both strong characters who want things their way, they need to learn to compromise some. I'm looking forward to other books in the series. Definitely a must read for paranormal fans.

24 reviews2 followers
August 3, 2020
This was a full story with detailed world building. The main characters were exciting and combustible. Although the H was looking just for someone to give him children, he was open to love. The female character was no pushover. She held her own against everyone including the H. I found the story to be exciting and interesting. It is a different way of looking at Lycans.

204 reviews13 followers
July 31, 2020
This is a must read book, it can get a little confusing keeping up with the histories in the book but keep at it, it is well worth it. There is an instant connection between Amelia and Rike the chemistry is sizzling hot, but Amelia doesn’t trust Rike and is not afraid to tell him that. Love Amelia she is sassy and a very strong female role model which is very much lacking in books. Can not wait for book two!

Profile Image for Elaine.
72 reviews1 follower
July 29, 2020
Rike West is a Lycan who wants power and to take claim over his family’s empire but needs a heir to do so.
Amelia Torrin is a modern day Lycan who isn’t tied up in the hierarchy of the Lycans.
They meet and the chemistry is instant. Amelia doesn’t trust Rike based upon his actions and history so she refuses to consider Rike as a mate.
Of course what’s a great romance without a little chase and the build up of them falling hard for each other.
This book is the first in the series. It was a little confusing at times to keep up with the history of this new world but definitely worth reading.

Profile Image for Pat .
3,886 reviews20 followers
July 31, 2020
Rike and Amelia what a storyline. Firstly she meets rike when she visits her friend then she causes treason so she gets killed but blames rike. There is a lot of chasing , lots of feisty arguments, but a whole lot of loving. I felt this book had it all for me. Strong characters and an amazing storyline that enthralled me. Fantastic read
Profile Image for Sarah Fuller.
479 reviews4 followers
July 31, 2020
this book was a great surprise, i was not expecting to enjoy it so much as it is over 50 chapters but after the first 5 i was hooked and wanted to know what was going to happen, i look forward to reading the rest of the series
1,182 reviews9 followers
July 22, 2020
This is the start of a new series with the first of the book telling of how the Lycan was created and then how the different breeds came about. This book deals mainly with the dark breed. Greed and the thirst for more power causes Rike to marry a purebred Lycan with the main purpose of producing an heir which would allow him to have to lay claim to his father’s empire and rule over both of them. The relationship between Rika and Amelia is explosive to say the least but the sexual attraction is strong. There is danger from outside sources lurking and both Amelia and Rika’s lives are threatened. This is an exciting book that is full of drama and danger. It is a great read and I would highly recommend it.
Rate 4.5
11.2k reviews46 followers
July 27, 2020
His father has died and to go in his right for the property and others is to marry. He needs a heir and he does not expect anyone to say no but when he meets her she says no. He will so anything to get her while she will do anything to stop him. Who will win? Will be gain his birthright? See if he will

1,075 reviews5 followers
December 4, 2020
This is the beginning of what appears to be a very detailed story about the different Mythology's and its of biblical proportions. This book started out one way but by the end your drawn into this world were its not all it seems. You have different fractions of power fighting to stay on top evil assassination plots, betrayal, marital discord, greed and death. And well let's just say there is a steam level thats off the charts the two main leads want hate each other love each other or try to kill each other.

Rike a Lycan needs a pure bred to be his wife and bare his young what he gets is a mess of betrayal hes not the easiest guy to be around hes down right ruthless and dangerous cares only about power until Amelia she has him all kinds of twisted. He will do anything to keep her even kill to have her hes a dark breed Lycan there more animal then man and she brings out all his bad instincts. Amelia strong willed and a tad immature but I think that has more to do with not liking change then anything she hates and wants Rike there are allot of misunderstanding between the both of them but there chemistry is explosive even from the beginning when he shouldn't want her because he's married and its Amelia's friend. There is some really low key M/M stuff no sex but I'm wondering were this is going I would like Aloysius to find a happy ending. This book has duel point of view it has allot of layers and plenty of intrigue going on im glad to see the series is continuing and look forward to reading more and hopefully this isn't the last I will read about Amelia and Rike.

I was allowed to read and advance copy of this book via Booksprout and this is my honest review.
797 reviews9 followers
August 25, 2020
Will say right away if cheating is a hardline in the sand for you, or getting the down and dirty details on the horizontal time on one of the leads with someone else this may not be the story for you. Also a trigger warning as the Lycan’s were created through violence and inbreeding as was the norm for the elites of that time. There are also some homo-erotic events, in case that makes some of you uncomfortable.

Since we are privy to some information from early in the book and Amelia is not her initial reaction to being pursued by Rike is understandable, however she kept running away for almost the first half of the book and that got old really fast. Once she finally stops running and decides to give Rike a chance the story starts picking up.

Rike has always admitted that his dark side is more dominant and due to being the alpha his personal feelings cannot take precedence he must always put the pack first. His initial dealings with a situation could be seen as barbaric but as it the Lycan’s customs he must follow tradition. While he appears hard he actually cares very much for Amelia and is trying his best to win her heart as well as safe guard his pack.

For me the saving grace were the secondary characters, they added much levity, council and back history that helped balance out my annoyance with Ameila. Al/Aloysius was one of my favorite characters. He knew Rike for most of his life and was able to give some insight into the man behind the darkness. The story for me picked up about a third to two thirds of the way in when Amelia and Rike stopped fighting each other and had each others back. That’s when all of the moving pieces came together and we had a cohesive team ready to defend and protect their own.

One of my pet peeves is when a female lead is feeling her sexuality and the writer has her refer to herself in a derogatory way using words like ess ell you tee or ho orr roar. It’s one of my hardlines and others may not feel the same way about those words, for me that is an automatic star drop.

This story ran the gauntlet for me from 2-4 stars I left it as a 3 star rating even though the first part of the book got me so aggravated, a wishy washy female makes me crazy. I am ok with some angst but when it drags past a certain point it loses all of it’s purpose and just becomes a drag. The later part of the book redeemed Amelia for me and I could see her and Rike becoming a formidable couple.

I received an ARC and I am leaving a voluntary honest review.
Profile Image for PelicanFreak.
1,101 reviews
Read
September 28, 2021
No rating ...
I listened to some of this book and it had an interesting concept but, lots of telling, very little showing just didn't make it attention-holding for me, so I DNF'd fairly early on.

However, I think it's worth noting that there are some production issues with the audio, unless of course, it was just my copy.

I borrowed it from my local library and downloaded it to my device. It's dual narrator, but each speaks at a very different speed, so every time there was a POV change, I had to either speed up or slow down in order to understand them. I cannot stand to listen to people sppeeeaaakkk slloowwwwllyyy, so one needed to be sped up in order for me to tolerate it. But the other, I couldn't even understand on 1.0 speed.

Also:
The volume was weird. I had to turn my phone up ALL the way, just to be able to hear it, but if ANY other noise occurred, such as a passing car, etc., it drowned it out. Normally, I listen to books on the lowest setting and can hear it just fine, external noise or not.

So again either I got a faulty copy or there are production issues.

I think this author has an interesting mind and I'd likely check out more of her books ... other series, maybe not this one. And maybe more recent works in the hope that she's improved her craft.

I don't think it was bad at all, I think it was just an unfortunate set of circumstances for me and this one. :)
Profile Image for Kathryn Manzella.
3,407 reviews26 followers
November 27, 2020
Claimed by LaSasha Flame is a dark paranormal romance that really is a wild ride.  An exciting read where sparks fly, things are set aflame, and the road to love is not an easy one.  Well written with interesting and entertaining characters in a fantastic new world I can not wait to explore further.
Profile Image for Behind Closed Doors Book Review.
1,243 reviews138 followers
October 29, 2020
Amount of sex – 3.5 / 5
How explicit are the sex scenes – 4.5 / 5
Story – 4.5 / 5
Overall – 4.5 / 5

Claimed: Dark Breeds of the Lycans is the first book in the Dark Immortal Flames series, written by author LaSasha Flame. This book tells the story of Rike West, who is known as the dark king. Rike’s number one goal is to gain more power, and his best chance to acquire it is by getting married to a purebred lycan. Although, that has proven to be more difficult than expected. Especially since he inflicts fear to those near him.

Amelia Torrin is a purebred lycan, and there was an immediate attraction when she first met Rike. However, there were several obstacles that prevented their union and caused her to run. That didn’t stop Rike, though. He was determined to marry Amelia at any cost. But, could he convince her?

Claimed: Dark Breeds of the Lycans is an exciting page-turner, and I seriously could not put it down! It’s full of drama, angst, and lots of deliciously steamy scenes! I loved Rike and Amelia, and I enjoyed their journey to HEA.

Voluntarily Reviewed an Advanced Copy

Profile Image for Cherisse.
24 reviews2 followers
August 17, 2020
The author has provided a very in depth backstory with a Pronunciation Guide, Glossary and Origin story at the very beginning. The story was slow to start as it felt like it was more of a factual retelling and not a story to begin with. The two main characters Rike and Amelia are explosive from the beginning. Rike needs an heir to be able to regain his lands and maintain his power and Amelia does not want to give in. They both feel the bond that is between them, however exhibit very different responses to it. Although I enjoyed the story, I could not like some of Amelia's behaviour which then detracted some of the enjoyment for me. I would however want to read the next in the series as I think this will be a very good series.

618 reviews3 followers
November 21, 2020
I truly enjoyed reading Claimed: Dark Breeds of the Lycan from author Lasasha Flames. I believe a story is only as powerful as its characters and Rike and Amelia leaped from the pages. I love stories where the hero and heroine are immediately drawn to each other but have to overcome their own doubts and fears in addition to external obstacles. If you enjoy romances that offers action, drama, mystery, steamy scenes and a surprising twist, I highly recommend this book.

Profile Image for Ashley Carr, LSoR.
3,885 reviews45 followers
October 31, 2020
This is a new author to me and I definitely will be reading more from her!! The characters are well developed in the story and the storyline is intriguing. Rike is now the King of the Lycans after his father‘s passing, well if he can marry and have a heir within three years. Amelia runs from Rike and his lust for power but she is forced to marry and mate him. The mating is more like more than anything, Amelia is defiant and won’t give into Rike’s demands. But as the details emerge about his first marriage Amelia finds herself weakening towards him. When peace is called and their mating can they get onto having the romance and babies? Looking forward to the next installment of the series!!
3,456 reviews7 followers
August 18, 2020
The Claimed is a very well-written book 1 to Dark Breeds of the Lycans (Dark Immortal Flames) Series. The characters are very well crafted that grow throughout the story with a lot of history. I cannot wait to read the next story to continue this story. It will keep you engrossed from start to finish because it has action, adventure, drama, danger, suspense, intrigue, mystery/secrets, surprises, strength, courage, betrayal, trust, romance, passion, and love. A must read. It is a very intense, dark Romance and this book I could not put down!!

100 reviews
August 21, 2020
This book is amazing!!!! Couldn't hardly put it down. Amelia and Rike are two of the most stubbornness people there is. They were freaking made for each other. Amelia is the perfect female to have by your side she is the perfect heroine to have by your side she gets and gives better. Rike is a king that has had it hard, misunderstood because of what he is, that man will love you his mate to the end and back. This is definitely one for your library, if you want action, fun, a little steam and a lot of passion. I can't wait to read the rest of the series, I hope they're as good as this one!

3,691 reviews22 followers
August 24, 2020
Rike West wants to unite both his and his late fathers empires to rule the Northern American Lycans but he has one problem he needs a Queen and an Heir to secure his legacy. Having chosen his new Queen Amelia but he never sees her refusal coming. Amelia is free spirited and doesn't want to be tied down to anyone let alone Rike whose reputation proceeds him. As not only sparks fly between the two, danger also lurks around the corner. Well written with a great story plot and in-depth characters. An enjoyable read and a great start to the series!

Displaying 1 - 30 of 87 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.