Start by marking “Hvis jeg skal være helt ærlig” as Want to Read:
Hvis jeg skal være helt ærlig

Hvis jeg skal være helt ærlig

Cameron Bright går på Beaumont Prep, den dyreste og bedste privatskole på hele vestkysten. Hun er smuk, populær og den bedste på løbeholdet. Men hun er også berygtet for sin brutale ærlighed og arrogante stil.

Udefra ser Cams liv perfekt ud, men sandheden er en anden. Hendes rige og berømte far mener, at hans opgave som far er klaret med en check til Cams skole, men
Published March 25th 2020 by Palatium Books ApS (first published April 23rd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Hvis jeg skal være helt ærlig, please sign up.
Emily Wibberley Nope! Both novels are standalones. But if you've read ANY, you may recognize a character or two...

Start your review of Hvis jeg skal være helt ærlig
Melanie

ARC provided by Penguin in exchange for an honest review.

If I was going to commit to someone, I wanted him to be worth the worry, worth the part of me I was going to give him.

Wow, this truly read like a gift from above. Like, Im actually bitter than I didnt have a YA contemporary story like this when I was in high school; because this was perfection. The Taming of the Shrew/10 Things I Hate About You loose retelling, starring a popular mean girl and a nerdy gamer boy, where they go to The
jessica
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
okay, so emily wibberley and austin siegemund-broka are ultimate couple goals. not only do they write books together, but they write freakin adorable stories with the most wholesome romances. i seriously cant get over it. like, where do i find myself a significant other who can ALSO be my coauthor?! thats the dream right there.

i seriously enjoyed this story so much. i feel like on a surface level, anyone would enjoy this sweet contemporary story. but with the deeper meanings, flawed but
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This was SO GOOD and I am so pissed at myself for putting it off for so long. Im obsessed. YA contemporary perfection *chefs kiss* ...more
emma
If Im being honest..this was one of the most disappointing reads of the year for me.

(Get it? Because the title is If Im Being Honest? Buh dum ch.)

It was just...unpleasant. Like, none of this read as even remotely realistic to me? Parents at large were crazy flat nothing-but-evil stereotypes (except at the end, when exactly one of them made a near-explanationless development 180).

And the friends from the beginning...who were soon very cruelly replaced with a Ragtag Group of Quirky Teens...what
Barbie
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

My thoughts in a nutshell
I never planned to read this book. It was an instant buy and read because of the cover. I thought it would be an ordinary fluffy YA book. I'm so glad I picked it up. It was so much more than I felt.

The story is about
Skip over this point if you don't like the sneak peek.
Cameron Bright is an honest girl. Everyone hates her because she says what's on her mind. One day, Cameron's big, old crush Andrew labeled her as one word: bitch. It is a problem. Oooops.

What impressed
Lola
This is a contemporary retelling of Shakespeares The Taming of the Shrew that is both a comedy and a tragedy. Its also everything I wanted it to be and so much more than this duos previous release Always Never Yours. I was recently told that I am brutally honest, a statement I agree with and probably the main reason why I connected so well and so instantly with the heroine of this novel, Cameron Bright, a girl who says what she thinks 24/7.

But brutal honesty in general can offend and hurt those
Elise (TheBookishActress)
proof the timeline Im in doesnt totally suck: one of my favorite author duos is writing another book, but this time its inspired by Ten Things I Hate About You, aka my favorite 90s teen movie. so yeah Im happy
releases: April 23rd, 2019
Larry H
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

Cameron Bright, a high school senior, is beautiful, blonde, and popular. She also has a bit of a reputation around school.

"...I've been called that name often enough, under enough breaths, for it not to hurt. Not from a girl like her. It's hardly an uncommon thought here. Cameron Bright's a bitch."

The thing is, while Cameron can be cruel in the way she says things to people, she's really just brutally honest. It's a quality she inherited from her father, whom she never sees, since her
Ashley Nuckles
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was not expecting to read this one but there was an ebook sale and I said why the heck not. Super cute! I kept seeing Brendan as the character Penn Badgley plays in John Tucker Must Die and it was glorious.
✨ A ✨
I thought I was over cutesy YA contemporary. I guess not 😅
Review to come.

____
Buddy reading with Warda, Türkan, Fares and Karima
Warda
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I appreciated this book so much. I loved the message and what it stood for.
I misjudged this story too quickly like I misjudged the main character too quickly. It was a surface level judgement. And as the story went on and more meat was added onto the story, I really grew to care for every part of it all. It had depth, it had substance and more importantly, this story was human.
Vicky Again
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS WAS AMAZING AHHHHHH
Tatiana
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tatiana by: Kirkus
Shelves: ya, 2019
Examination of a mean girl this is not, unfortunately. If you want that, Some Girls Are is the way to go.

Cameron is unnecessarily rude and brash, but, after being chastised by her potential love interest, learns relatively quickly to tone it down and becomes a better person, makes new friends and discovers a nerdy boy to love. None of this is particularly new or revelatory. 10 Things I Hate About You, I think, had a better version of The Taming of the Shrew.

More interesting is Cameron's
EmBibliophile
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars

Katherines not the villain of the play. Its the people trying to change her

if Im being honest, This was a really good book.

A really enjoyable quick read where an unapologetically honest girl figure herself out.

I didnt have high expectations before I start this book, but the fact that its based on 10 things I hate about you with Taming of the shrew references made me excited to read it.
This is a book about becoming who you truly want to be, not who everyone trying to make you. Its
Hollis
IF I'M BEING HONEST is something of a love letter to the archetype of the mean girl. The girl who is pretty, blonde, popular and always there with a harsh barb. What these authors do with that character, however, is somewhat different from what we've come to expect.

If every glare I earned, or didn't earn but received nonetheless, bothered me, I'd drown in the judgment.

Cameron is beautiful, blonde, popular.. but she's not rich. She doesn't have a string of broken hearts in her past -- infact,
;3
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
edit: SCREAM oh my god it got worse because she basically just described the love interest as benefyd cumberparchs younger brother in the looks department. like? hello? what YEAR are we in.

me: maybe the main character is redeemable after all

main character: i know what sherlock is, i reply. honestly, Ive long had a thing for benedict cumberbatch. hes definitely gawky and nerdy, with his bushy hair and narrow frame, but Im into it.

me: suddenly ive lost all respect for her
Madalyn (Novel Ink)
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Much like this duos debut, I super enjoyed this! I appreciate that their MCs are never your typical YA MC, but they also dont play into the not like other girls mentality. I will admit, Cameron really frustrated me toward the end of the book and I say that as someone who rarely gets annoyed by characters in books but overall, I loved her character arc. Also looooooved the romance. And the cameo by Owen and Megan at the end of the book?! I died. ...more
Corina

Even though I enjoyed the audiobook, If Im Being Honest is not an easy book to rate.

The story was well done. The writing, dialogues, pace and overall topic was right up my alley. And I really enjoyed many aspects of this book. Camerons journey, Brandan, her new friendships, and the overall Mean Girls/10 Things I Hate About You vibe.

Cameron was an interesting character.
She was one of those popular girls. Beautiful, smart, and part of the upper echelon of her high school. Cameron was
Tanvi Mopati
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was captivated by the synopsis and so, I picked up this book. The plot and the drama were cool and the writing style was neither too heavy nor too frugal.

The best part about the book is its theme: You should always embrace your real self and not change yourself for someone else. And it was beautifully portrayed by the character, Cameron Bright- she spoke her mind and was really upfront about things (she WASN'T being a bitch) and with every passing chapter, she just got more and more
Dahlia
I am here for this duo forever and ever. Always fun, always voice-y with great heroines, always banterrific, and I love how they handle Shakespeare. Bring on the next one, please!
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

A very enjoyable ya read!
Cindy ✩☽♔
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This writing duo is at it again. And it is even more gush worthy as the last.

I loved this one even more than Always Never Yours. I read it all in one day with pleasure and ease. It's fierce, smart, witty and charming as are its characters.

*Review to come*
Jenna | Bookmark Your Thoughts
"I know the truth can hurt, even when you need to hear it."

Reviews on this novel have been circling around a lot in the book blogging community, ARC's and eager beaver buyers alike. I'm fond of retelling's WHEN done RIGHT and the reviews made this novel sound VERY promising, so I decided to give it a shot ... it's also just a lovely cover. Much to my surprise, this has jumped high on my favourite reads of 2019! The flow of the story, the HILARIOUS main character and accompanied side characters,
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
I thought that I liked the first novel, "Always Never Yours" more than enough but if I'm being honest (see what I did there) I liked this novel so much more.

Going into this novel, I thought that it would be a cute contemporary romance. I thought it would be cute, fluffy, and all of the soft descriptors that you could think of. Basically a cute 'chick flick'. However, it was way more than they average contemporary romance. In fact, even though the story does feature a romance, I would say the
Karima chermiti

A buddy read with | Fares | ; | Warda | ; | Azrah | and | Türkan |

Well, this turned out to be such a treat. If I'm Being Honest was surprisingly good in an effortless way and I loved every second of it.

Cameron Bright is known as a bitch. She is brutally honest and never holds back what shes thinking, even at the expense of
Tiffany (Read By Tiffany)
I FREAKING LOVED THIS BOOK WITH ALL MY HEART!! Its honestly everything I couldve asked for & more. Im having such major throwback to my The Clique days. The romance just made me smile so so much, and Camerons growth as a character was beautiful. Full review coming soon!! ...more
Fareya
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-copies
It has been a while since I enjoyed a YA contemporary book as much as If Im Being Honest. A modern day retelling of Shakespeares The Taming of the Shrew, this compelling story about a popular mean girl and computer game nerd boy had me laughing out loud and turning pages from start to finish. The story is smart, entertaining and funny but also realistic. Undoubtedly, teenage me would have swooned over this, but seeing that adult me enjoyed it too without any eye rolls, (which believe me happens ...more
Tara ☽
Apr 01, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This book is apparently inspired by the movie 10 Things I Hate About You, which means that I need it immediately, imminently, promptly and instantaneously. Insert more synonyms here.
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell
This is on sale right now for $1.99!

It's inspired by the Taming of the Shrew!
Marie
Well it's official, I am in love with this book and everything these authors write okay. This was the perfect contemporary, with a complex, amazing main character I adored, a soft romance, family and friendships issues and ugh everything was SO GOOD okay add this to your TBRs, friends <3

Read my full review of If I'm Being Honest on the blog.

My Blog - Drizzle & Hurricane Books - Twitter - Bloglovin'

• Fake It Till You Break It
  • Somewhere Only We Know
  • Field Notes on Love
  • The Upside of Falling
  • Don't Date Rosa Santos
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • The Rest of the Story
  • You'd Be Mine
  • There's Something About Sweetie (Dimple and Rishi, #2)
  • Night Music
  • Technically, You Started It
  • Moment of Truth
Emily Wibberley grew up in Southern California, but instead of working on her nonexistent tan at the beach, she spent her time reading, making music and watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Shortly after falling for her best friend, Austin Siegemund-Broka, she attended Princeton University where she graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2014 with a degree in Psychology. She and Austin now live and write YA

Articles featuring this book

Young love, first love, star-crossed love. YA fiction has brought us some of our very favorite heartbreaks and Happily Ever Afters. For Valentin...
“I tilt my head just enough to tell Autumn I heard her, but I don’t care enough to respond. I have things to do.” 1 likes
“What the hell?” Jeff asks, irritated. “Bethany was one hundred percent going to put out. You owe me.”

“Please. You owe me the ten minutes of my life I’ll never get back.”
1 likes