Start by marking “Cursed Brides and Alibis (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cursed Brides and Alibis (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #2)

Cursed Brides and Alibis

(Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery #2)

Charming Calhoun's adventures continue in Cursed Brides and Alibis. When a bride-to-be winds up dead, it's bad business for Southern Belles and Spells Matchmakers. Charming must act fast to find the killer before she winds up the next victim. ...more
Published August 31st 2019 by LADYBUGBOOKS LLC

To ask other readers questions about Cursed Brides and Alibis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cursed Brides and Alibis

Start your review of Cursed Brides and Alibis (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #2)
Jeni
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Better than book one

Okay, this one was much better than book one. The mom wasn't as bad and the characters are starting to flesh out. Im looking forward to book 3 and seeing where the story goes. No spolers!
Atlanta Whitlock
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it

After getting to the end of the first book in this series, I can honestly say I was hooked, and now I’ve just devoured this book in less than a few hours. I have to say that Amy Boyles has done an incredible job, she’s managed to grip me completely and has actually improved a hell of lot in this one. I have to say I’m quite impressed and ended up loving the entire thing. At times I found myself wanting to scream at Throne because he should just kiss Charming as it’s clear he likes her, but at th
Angela Griffin
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal-cozy
Kudos to Amy Boyles

When your backup consists of an entitled mother, a batty great-aunt, a pig and a broom, AND you're expected to save an entire town while preventing a curse that will end magic, what do you do? If you're Charming Calhoun, you just wade right in! Then she feels additional responsibility when the woman she brings to town is spelled and the woman pretending to be the spelled woman is murdered. There is plenty of action and humor thanks to Aunt Rose and Pig, Mama's untruthfulness a
Sarah Crawford
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Charming's job as a matchmaker should be a relatively easy one. Nope. Not a chance. In this story she has to deal with a woman who may not be the intended matchee, a murder, a woman under a curse and people losing their magic due to a villain.

Then there's her sort-of relationship with Thorne. They can be very nasty to each other and she keeps denying to herself how she feels about the vampire. It's a matter of 'she doth protest too much,' though, and there's some significant developments here.

Oh
Lyn640
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another good quick read from Amy.
Sharon
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story, now I hate that witch too.

When you read it, you'll agree with me. I won't even tell you which one to hate, you'll know it. To forward your own agenda so it comes true is cheating.
Corrie Mattingly
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book.

Just like the first one this one is really good too. I can't wait for the next book. I am stuck on these characters.
Krystyna
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A matchmaker's life isn't easy

A good read. The characters are really starting to come into their own as we get to know them better. Their past is what makes them what they are today. Okay the plot, eve though it, involved murder was easy to find the culprit but the other part of the solution was a bit harder to fathom.
A trip to the train station to see if her matchmaking is correct leads to murder and a witch under the Sleeping Beauty curse. Who killed the other witch and which witch is the tru
Jana Gundy
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A funny good time

Charming is still match making like crazy and dealing with the prophecy of her ending all magic. It’s a full time job for her and now, someone has been murdered and she’s going to,figure it out. Her dealings with Thorne are painful to read and difficult to say the least. Comedic relief is found with her mama and aunt Rose, who feeds her pet pig chocolate constantly. A great read!
Meg Carpenter
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Instantly Hooked!

I can’t get anything done because these characters are so great. The suspense of the story is excellent with absolutely fluid story lines. I actually laughed out loud at her Aunt Rose, and the chemistry between Charming and Thorne is just too much. I have read over 50 series, and this one is worth it.
Amy
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pig loves Chocolate

I'm in love with Amy's writing. There is laughter, magic, and love. I love the generations coming together and solving the mystery together. I believe the older generation to be the feistiest!
Reen Graham
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Match me up with every book written by Amy Boyles. I'm in love with this author's writing style. I love her characters, and she keeps me in suspense until the very last chapter. She makes witches and vampires wandering around sound like an every day occurrence. I highly recommend Amy Boyles books. ...more
JoAnne Henry
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Curses

Cannot wait for the next installment. This book has quirky characters and interesting back stories. The main character, Charming, is starting to grow not only as a witch, but to understand herself and her animosity for Thorne. This leads to a possible romance.
Deborah
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cursed Brides and Alibis

When I first started the series, I just liked it. I found it entertaining. Now, as the series progresses, I am hooked. I can't wait to read what happens next.
Lisa Kimbrell
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love love love this series!! I want books to come out faster!!! I’m dying to find out what will happen next...will the summer of love finally make its appearance????!!!!!??? Such a great book!!
And series!!!
Tom Kennedy
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Hope she can keep from taking any thing from the fire witch . Love her mama and aunt along with the pig
Matthew Murray
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed

Another winner and I am really looking forward for more of your books in all of your series I .
Franci Taylor Pennington
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun

Interesting twist on the usual crimes witches get involved in solving. Lots of clues, then a twist from nowhere at the end.
Any Boyles is a fun, creative, author to read.
Rebecca Sulyma
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Woohoo

What a great story. Loved the new characters and creative storyline. Looking forward to the next book. Definitely worth a read.
Lesley Hewitt
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely book

A nice paranormal mystery with a little bit of fun and laughs. Witches, Vampires and a little pig that likes chocolate. Loved it.
Michele
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great addition

Very fun read. I enjoyed the chacter development and I am looking forward to the next installment in the series.
JANE VAN HORN
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: boyles-amy
Great book

Great new series by Amy Boyles . I love this series. A new twist by having a witch be a match maker.
Shawn
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Next please!

Oooh, I need the next book! A new character I already don't like. I'm sure they are going to stir up some trouble.
Kimberly Landry
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Loved it. Charming, Thorn, ROSE, Glinda and the rest of the cast of characters are wonderful. I can't wait to see where the next book takes us to.
Allyson D. Shwartz
Art Chick 808
Nov 20, 2019
Lindsay W
Dec 05, 2020

• Payback's a Witch (Blackwood Bay Witches #5)
  • Broom and Gloom (Wicked Witches of Coventry #8)
  • Three Alarm Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic #6)
  • Broom and Board (Wicked Witches of Coventry #7)
  • Magic & Maladies (Starry Hollow Witches #10)
  • Magic & Misdeeds (Starry Hollow Witches #11)
  • Witchy Orders (Witches of Shadow Lane #2)
  • Going through the Potions (Pacific North Witches #1)
  • Whole Latte Magic (Enchanted Enclave Mystery #2)
  • Witchy Business (Witches of Shadow Lane #1)
  • Sweep-Stakes (Wicked Witches of Coventry #6)
  • Over the Broom (Wicked Witches of Coventry #9)
  • Hell Hath No Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic #7)
  • The Potion Commotion (Happy Blendings Witch #1)
  • Cloaks and Daggers (Spellbound Ever After #6)
  • Witchy Secrets (Witches of Shadow Lane #3)
  • Witch Out of Time (Blair Wilkes Mystery #7)
  • Witches & Words (Library Witch Mystery #4)
Hey, I’m Amy,
I write books for folks who crave laugh-out-loud paranormal mysteries. I help bring humor into readers’ lives. I’ve got a Pharm D in pharmacy, a BA in Creative Writing and a Masters in Life.
And when I’m not writing or chasing around two small children (one of which is four going on thirteen), I can be found antique shopping for a great deal, getting my roots touched up (because that’s

Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery (4 books)
  • Deadly Spells and a Southern Belle (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #1)
  • Magical Dames and Dating Games (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #3)
  • Some Pig and a Mummy Dig (A Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #4)

News & Interviews