Start by marking “Super Adjacent” as Want to Read:
Super Adjacent

Super Adjacent

Claire has always wanted to work with superheroes, from collecting Warrior Nation cards as a kid to drafting "What to Say to a Hero" speeches in her diary. Now that she's landed a coveted internship with the Chicago branch of Warrior Nation, Claire is ready to prove she belongs, super or not. But complicating plans is the newest WarNat hero, Girl Power (aka Joy), who ...more
Expected publication: March 17th 2020 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Super Adjacent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Super Adjacent

Start your review of Super Adjacent
Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
Don't mind me, just making room in my heart for another adorable f/f superhero book because those are my everything.
mahana
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rep-wlw, rep-poc, arcs
review on my blog

"I'm pretty sure I was too busy realising a lifelong dream to be distracted by a girl, no matter how cute."

I like to start ARC reviews by informing you whether you’d like the book or not so you can consider if it’s suitable for you, and you’re not misled by false advertising. Therefore, I’m going to be thorough for this book since quite a few people added it because of me (and I literally hate when people do that then come to me saying they didn’t like it because they
K.
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read an ARC of this book.

My review: I loved it! The writing was fresh, and I loved the superhero world-building - it was clever, fun, and made sense! The characters were fantastic as well. Claire was a perfect fangirl with perfect fangirl reactions and thoughts, and I really enjoyed Bridgette's perspective as the girlfriend of a superhero. Both POVs were distinct and interesting, and their friendship - as well as their personal journeys of discovery - were extremely satisfying. The plot was
Renata
Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, fiction, lgbtq, ya, sci-fi
This was a cute, light read. I was intrigued by the "real world" corporatized superheros--the concept sort of takes a backseat to the romances, which is OK. It's nice to see a cute fluffy f/f story, even if the characters also weren't super developed? Sometimes it is enough to read about one superhumanly strong girl kissing one girl of regular strength.
Brittney
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
3.25 / 5 stars

*Thank you Disney Book Group for providing me with this eARC through Netgalley.

Imagine dating a superhero. You finally get to meet and date a beloved hero. You are living everyone’s fantasy. You would also always be protected… right?

Bridgette knows what it’s like to date a superhero. It is isn’t all fun and games. Bridgette understands the reality of coming second to the danger in the world. Bridgette craves some normality in her relationship.

Claire is a superhero fangirl. Claire
Amanda Arkans -
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Such a fun book! A wonderfully different look at the life of superheroes and those who love them.

Thank you to NetGalley for my advanced copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Kate Waggoner
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-read
Thank you to NetGalley, Disney Book Group, and Disney-Hyperion for allowing me the opportunity to read an advance copy of Super Adjacent by Crystal Cestari. This young adult book will be published on March 17, 2020.

Claire has wanted to work with superheroes ever since she and her mother were saved by one. Now she's landed a coveted summer internship working for Warrior Nation. She's determined to prove that she fits in and can make a difference even if she doesn't have super powers. Things get a
Sarah Yung
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
Good casual rep; kinda fluffy / cheesy. Either the characters are a bit annoying or I'm just getting old. It all got a little tiring for me, and the pacing drags a bit, but it's still fun.
Ella
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a fun read and I always love female female romance rep, but I found the plot to be kind of dragging and the plot twist was predictable. It’s a good read it’s just not my favorite thing ever:)
Kacey
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. My opinion was not affected by the free copy.

I really like superhero stories, and this one is no different. Reading this reminded me a bit of comics in general, and a few titles specifically. I don't want to name them and accidentally spoil things for people. I think in this book, my main criticism is on the world-building. It is done pretty well, but it opens up a whole can of worms that
Jordan
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, bookstore
First book finished in 2020 and it’s a good one such a cute story to start off the year what’s better then super hero’s and Romance also love the LGBTQ rep in this book those are always my favorite.
Kat
#SuperAdjacent #NetGalley
I really enjoyed Super Adjacent, I think young adults will like the self-empowerment message that the book conveys. It is about finding your own method of being a hero. You don't have to be like everyone else.
Todd Duran
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. Super smart and snarky with a superhero edge. very well written
Athena Milbert
Nov 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
Thank you Crystal Cestari for giving us Young Adult WLW content that isn’t fake-edgy like so many other YA books are

I can’t wait to read this!
Samantha Puc
Ammaarah Jacobs
Aug 29, 2019

• Tweet Cute
  • Stargazing
  • Don't Check Out This Book!
  • Race to the Sun
  • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
  • Shadow of the Batgirl
  • What I Like About You
  • Bookish and the Beast (Once Upon a Con, #3)
  • It's Not Supposed to Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • They Called Us Enemy
  • Diana: Princess of the Amazons
  • Wizard and Glass (The Dark Tower, #4)
  • The Waste Lands (The Dark Tower, #3)
  • If We Were Villains
Oh hey! Thanks for stopping by!

Writing has been my jam since I was very young. In fact, in fifth grade we filled out a profile declaring what we would be doing as adults. I wrote I wanted to be an author because: "I love reading and stories, and want to share that love." My elementary-school self was very wise, because that sentiment holds true today.

I live just outside Chicago with my daughter.