Start by marking “Captive” as Want to Read:
Captive

Captive

A full length STANDALONE book.

She's his captive.
He's her captor.

Their relationship is a volatile push and pull.
He plays the villain, and she plays the victim; each play their roles to a tee. One buries the past to forget, the other fights to remind the other how they began.

She is desperate to escape.
He is desperate to keep her.

One thing is clear:
Only one will be left
Published February 10th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Captive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captive

Start your review of Captive
Isabella.R
4 The Power of Fear Stars

I was his toy. Still fresh and new. Still unbroken.

I started this story, and with every page I grew a little more uncomfortable and a little more unsure as to where this story was heading. Because it didn’t feel like a love story as our heroine is being held on an island against her will, with no real freedom insight. However Vixen isn’t just a toy, she is a woman who is being obsessively loved by her captor.

“I think you missed me,” he went on, amused.

I ground my hips,
Fre06 Begum
R.J. Lewis
Feb 02, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
To be released this week! Waiting for final copy.
BG
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don't think words can describe what I felt while reading the book. The name 'Captive' is very fitting because the book imprisons you and enchants you with its writing.
After reading Captive,I am ready to try out more of this author's books.
Alex
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
RJ does it again! Absolutely amazing, Captive completely Captivated me! I completely fell in love with these chapters, especially Nixon. He was the prince and the villain wrapped up into one. The perfect blend of smut and storyline. ...more
Barb
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The only thing bad about this book was that it ended and i know im being dramatic because this book was a beast to go through. Nonstop twists and turns, huge reveals with the most delicious second part on a cabin in the middle of nowhere where so much crazy times happen ;). I love their dynamic and the way they talked to each other. i loved the bickering and the fights and the emotions were so raw. i loved the way it ended, the suspense felt right to the end. the twist at the very end left me :O
Flo₂₂
Cami
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!!! The story is uniquely written from middle, to beginning, to end. With such intricate details and plot twists you quickly become enthralled with having to know what happens next and what led them to their current situation.
The synopsis gives nothing away which I’ll admit, concerned me at first but after finishing this beautiful story, I’m so thankful I went in unknowing. That’s is exactly how you should enter this book!
Riz
This book really got me hooked! Although I had some minor issues with it, I really enjoyed it! And I liked the supporting characters as well! Such as Hobbs, Doll, and the other crew!

Btw, I don't think it is a standalone.. I feel the ending wasn't really satisfying me. So,
I hope there is another book about Flynn since I'm so curious about him!
sophie
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
i was so unsure about this book, but it deserves the rating
Nicole  Sands
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: captive
I absolutely loved the hero, Nixon. He was the definition of a perfect bbf to me. Unfortunately, the heroine, Vixen was not a character I liked. Thankfully the storyline and Nixon were strong enough to carry this book.
Kay
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars
This definitely didn’t feel like an RJ Lewis book which is both good and bad. Good because this author definitely has a formula she likes to stick to; characters meet when they’re younger, form a connection, separate, and then reunite so it was good to see the author try something new...but then she actually ended up doing the same thing just taking a different path to get there.
I never connected with the characters. I don’t understand all the love for Nixon and the hate for Vixen. Nixon felt
Natalie
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great?

I would gladly rate this book a 10. It is a first book in a while that I have read the entire book an not skip out chunks of it. It was a good story but there is an element of incompleteness about it that spoiled it for me. This is mostly around the main male and female characters. I can't put my fingers on what was missing - just know that I needed more. The incomplete feeling was greatest however at how the story ended.

Nixon did not end as an alpha as how the book began. He appeared
Sandra
4.5 stars.
Everyone kept talking about this book. I was in the middle of another book and had to know what the fuss was about so I abandoned it (lol) to say I got hooked in is an understatement, the writing flowed so beautifully. I was highlighting a million passages, I ended up staying up until the early hrs of the morning. I didn't know what was going to happen and I couldn't go to bed without thinking of the direction the story was going and that takes talent to draw a reader in like that,
Kristie
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! The three parts of the book are present, past, present. It just captivated me in so many ways. Vixen and Nixon have some past hurts and they both seem to hurt one another. But as the story gets explained in the past section it all falls into place. But when the third section starts I was literally going to throw the book out my window. I was so upset! I kept reading and I am so happy I did :-)
Stacey Wright
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

As usual always buy RJ Lewis books without even reading what they about . Brilliant always keeps you guessing and throwing in shockers loved every minute start to finish had me scared then laughing then crying gets all your emotions going I will be definitely be rereading this one over and over
Jules Cake Pops
Omg breathless

I was a little wary as I started reading this book, but still could not put it down, I was so drawn to Nixon the way he got under your skin,
It was so captivating, so very well written.
I've read all your books and my favorite was hawk, but this has most definitely no my number 1 . So we'll written.
bookworm
Love love loved it!!!

RJ Lewis is one of my favourite authors.
Love her writing style and honestly all her books I’ve read so far!!!
Hopefully there will be more books on other characters from Captive.
Shelsea
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The best story since Ignite and Burn

I’ve been a long time fan of RJ Lewis books and I’m so happy to read her work again. This book was her best since her books Ignite and then Burn. I couldn’t put it down. Loved it loved it loved it!
jessica
Pleasant surprise

I was in a book funk and this definitely pulled me out of it!! I loved how i was never exactly sure what was going to happen next and I actually enjoyed starting this store from the middle! Definitely recommend!
Elissa Cook
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The best yet!

Normally the last few chapters in a book (the wind down if you like) bores me. This is the case in so many books for me. This book...never! Kept me there until the last line. In fact, please say there’s a follow on!
Donna Palmer
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from page one!
I couldn't put Captive down.
I loved Vixen and Nixon.
This book could definitely turn into a series, all the Characters are lovable.
Go into this book blind like I did, you won't regret it and if your a true fan of RJ's, you will LOVE it!!!
Jamie Xiong
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great read...

I've always loved reading this author's books.... and when this book came out... I was excited to read it.... love all the characters in this book... hopefully she does turn it into a series and write about Flynn... I'm so curious about his character...
Alicia Gabel
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This book grabbed my attention and didn't stop. It was hard to put down. You will fall in love with Vixon and Nixon and hate them too. You will laugh and cry. Do not pass this book up. It is a must read!!
Megan
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I love all of RJ’s books and this didn’t disappoint. Raw with twists throughout, it keeps you guessing the entire time. Loved it!!
tammy
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love the book.

I could not stop reading. I wanted to figure out the twist. The way the story started, pulled you in and held you there you till the end.
Butthisbook
Rating to come. I need a few days to think about it.
J Mahoney
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I could not put this book down.

Great read! I experienced every emotion. Loved the characters. I would so buy book two of this story. I was so sad when the story ended.
Gemma Sheppard
Mind blown

What a story!! I loved it!! Please let there be more books from the other members of the gang.

It was dark gritty and oh so hot!

Well done ms Lewis. Awesome work
Vicky
Feb 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I saw improvements. There were parts that honestly took forever to get to the point but overall I really did enjoy this book.

• Code of Silence
  • Dear Ava
  • Credence
  • Resurrection (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High #1)
  • A Lovely Obsession (Debt of Passion Duet, #1)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Wicked Saint (Sinners and Saints, #1)
  • Descent
  • Cruel King (Royal Elite, #0)
  • Priceless
  • Release
  • Iron Crowne
  • Darker Than Love (Darker Than Love, #1)
  • Dirty Girls
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestseller, R.J. Lewis, is the number one bestselling author of the Ignite series and the Loving Lawson series. She was born and raised in Ontario, Canada. She did a bit of travelling, residing in Western Australia for six years, before returning to Canada and settling down in Vancouver with her family.
In her spare time her hobbies include travelling, reading,