Start by marking “Distract Me (Stupid Awesome Love, #6)” as Want to Read:
Distract Me (Stupid Awesome Love, #6)

Distract Me (Stupid Awesome Love, #6)

Who said dating your baby’s daddy would be complicated?

Meera
For the past few years, I’ve been raising my former best friend’s kid. So when she storms into town, wanting the child back, it’s not surprising that I need something to distract me from panicking. Enter sex god artist, Nick. He drives me wild and gives me the confidence to pursue my dreams. But when I discover my
Published December 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Distract Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Distract Me

Start your review of Distract Me (Stupid Awesome Love, #6)
Rochelle
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is book 6 in the Stupid Awesome Love series and the first one that I have read as well as the first book that I have read from this author. It was a really good story. Meera and Nick were such a good couple. I loved the chemistry that they had between them. Loved Nissa, she was a cutie. Quick read that will keep you invested until the end.

poppy
Shelves: ng
Distract me is Nick and Meera's story and I found myself hooked pretty quickly it was a good interesting read and had enough going on to keep me reading right until the very end this was a super read I really enjoyed it.
Liz
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is another fast paced romance in the Stupid Awesome Love series. It has some coincidences that strain credibility but it does have some interesting characters and a nice ending. I really didn't understand his anger after the heroine had devoted five years of her life to raising a child foisted off on her but I suppose there is always another way to view things. If you're looking for some hot sex scenes and a little bit different plot you'll enjoy this book.
I won a copy of this book in a Goo
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It Grabbed My attention and focus so strong I could not put it down. A word of advice when you get your copy. Grab a snack, a comfy seat, kick back and relax. You will not be moving until you finish this bad boy here. Remarkable job. Thanks for sharing.
Jennifer Robinson
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such a good book. Meera was left with a huge burden but yet the biggest blessing of her life. Little did she know that it was her forever connection to Nick. Nick never knew what he wanted. He lived the wild boy life style that never the consistent love of a woman or other blessings until he met Meera and her blessing at a wedding. They ended up with the fight of their life in the end but it is magical.
Tayra Sanders
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful book. It didn't seem rushed. This was sweet and steamy, full of romance and passion with great characters that were interesting enough to draw you in.
Celicia Fowlkes
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
He really did distract her from what was right in front of her. He knew what she wanted and needed. He made it known that he wanted her and her daughter. Not knowing the truth made it harder to be what he wanted to be to her. There was a lot of hurt and emotional pain involved in this book. Sometimes the distraction brings attention to something that needs to be dealt with on a personal level.

Book-Lover
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read. Pulls at your heartstrings and has you rooting for true love. I haven't read the others in the series but they are definitely on my want to read list now!
Gwen
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from the author and I am happy to give my honest review.

This is the 6th in the series and we get to see all the precious cast of characters. It was nice to check in with them. Meera has fascinated me from the beginning so I was excited to see her get her own book.

Nick is a famous painter artist who knows he has a child he has never met from 5 years ago. He has been looking for his kid while sleeping with every male and female he came across (basically). I liked seeing a bi ch
Ewa
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very interesting story line.
Meera is Mom to her best friend’s baby. Real Mom couldn’t do it, for I would say didn’t care ?
But Meera always been expecting her back to take child back. The little girl is 5.
Nick, an artist, who likes sex in all varieties, men and women. No discrimination here.
But Meera is different,all of a sudden, he knew he wanted her to be his.
Nick is on the mission to find his Baby after he made a terrible decision about 6 years ago.past, He has no clue where she is.
Shocki
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Interesting take. Distract Me is a stand-alone novel in the Stupid Awesome Love series. I read it as a stand alone and did not feel like I was missing anything. I will say that it was obvious that some of the other characters had their own stories, but I didn't feel the need to have to read them first. This was a decent story with some strong points, but it also had some downfalls for me.
The plot of this story was interesting and refreshing. The idea that the main hero was looking for his child
Elvira
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this well written book with great characters and a smoothly written storyline. The chemistry between the characters is strong from start to finish making for smooth flowing storyline. I am looking forward to reading more by this author.

Mary
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this new "Stupid Awesome Love" story. It's a stand alone read with a very interesting plot. I really like the characters. Meera and Nick are good together if they can get past hidden truth's. She's is raising her ex-best friend's baby, who is now five. She ex-best friend could not handle a child and skipped town. Nick is an artist who loves sex any way he can get it. He made a mistake years ago and is not sure where to find his child. Very interesting story-line with some sexiness, dra ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Meera is single mom to her best friend's baby, since said best friend left town because she couldn't do it. Obviously said bestie is now in the former category, but nonetheless, Meera's always been fearful of her coming back for the baby who is now a tiny human of 5. Meera also has some issues with her mother, who I didn't really care for, since I truly believe mother's should always want what's best for their kids, and Meera's mother did not. Then there's Nick, an artist, who likes sex in all t ...more
Jeanne Richardson
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 5th book I've read written by Ceri Grenelle; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Debra Phiri (Dragon Nanny)
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Broke my heart and put it back together again! Debra @ Janise’s Jivin’ Book Blog

Sometimes life throws you curve balls and you have to learn how to catch them and throw them back. Distract Me has all the emotions you can possibly experience in one book and still get to the end and go wow. Ceri Grenelle is a talented author that brought you a love story frought with potholes, sharp curves, regret, forgiveness, hate and throughout the whole story love is the biggest emotion in it. Love is the reas
Sonja Ton
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This instant attraction love story is actually really distracting. I keep forgetting what I'm supposed to do and read this book instead. We find some familiar characters here and I enjoy meeting them again.

The creative couple are both lovable, serious, hard working artists. It's just their personal life that are twisted and broken. Neither one of them need or have time for a relationship and still they somehow manage to fall head over heels for each other.

They have a connection but cannot seem
2OCC Reviews
Shelves: jessica
I really like Meera. She knew why she wanted and didn’t make any apologies for that. I also liked how she was with Nick. He bright out this fun side of her and she did the same for him and with everything they have to deal with they both needed that. I’m not saying they weren’t without their drama because hello, this whole story was pretty much based around the drama they encounter but I love that by the end they have worked through it and ended up with a HEA.

An issue I had with this book was t
Elsie Pitt
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one is for the reread shelf! Nick and Meeras story. I wasn't too keen on reading a story about a guy who was bi and had a kid but I have to be honest I was hooked when I read this story. It intrigued me because Nick seemed like he was searching for something that he hadn't been able to find with ANYONE. Enter Meera she was witty and charming with just enough sass to get to Nick to come around and have me believing that this was a real relationship. Meera makes me want to believe in her and ...more
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet, adorable, achingly hot, and oh so sexy. Distract Me is the perfect distraction from a long day! We get to see so many other couples we met and fell in love with and we also get to see Nick find his one.

Meera will surprise you. She's got so much fire in her but she's also pretty vulnerable. She's an amazing mom to her daughter, Nissa, and even though some huge drama comes up she never falters in her protectiveness and love for Nissa. Nick has been changing over the last few years, while h
Debbie Orazi
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Of you enjoy reading high drama, angst filled romances with an emo male lead character this book is for you.

Meera Das is a fashion designer, running her own business and raising a precocious little girl. Nick Rodriguez is an artist, bisexual manwhore who is searching for his child. They meet at a wedding and hookup at the reception. They agree to have a sex only relationship, but find they need more from each other. Nick finally tells his family about his child and they help him find her. Meera
Samantha Molina
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am such a sucker for a good heartfelt love story filled with angst, suspense and sexiness. And that is exactly what Ceri Grenelle delivers in Distract Me.

Nick is a stubborn, lovable guys with a heart of gold who is trying to find himself, while searching for his missing link.

Meera is a single mom, trying to navigate her life between being a mom and a business owner when Nick storms into her life as the perfect distraction in the mist of chaos.

& we must not forget my absolute character Nissa.
Shanna D
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Distract Me by Ceri Grenelle. I thought this book was good. I appreciated the artist passion Nick’s character displayed while living his life. He came across as a very sensual and genuine individual. Nissa is a keeper for sure and Meera while battling her own demons was a blessed soul with many talents. A good contemporary romance with strong yet damaged characters that have plenty of passion to share. This is a new author for me, and I enjoyed reading this story. Good storyline, plenty of drama ...more
Sharon
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Meera has been taking care of her former best friends daughter for the past few years. She is independent, loving and hard working.
Nick is an artist that has living life on the surface. He has not had a serious relationship and has been spending his spare time trying to find his daughter.
When they meet both are attracted to each other and see that there is a potential for a real relationship.
Problem is that the girl Meera is raising is Nicks daughter. Talk about some angst, hard decisions and ac
Jurae
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nick is the youngest Rodriguez brother. The one everyone thinks as a man whore who will never settle down. Meera is a fashion designer. Daughter of one of the greatest designers in the world. She is a single mother to her best friend's daughter. When Meera meets Nick at a wedding she is in list at first sight. When Nick realizes that they share more than just their mutual attraction.

Great characters and I love the tie ins to rest of the series. The story line is good but gets a little overly wor
Lisa
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. First, I am not a fan of the man bun. I did not think I was going to like Nick, much less fall in love with him. I did not think I was going to like this book and boy was I wrong. The depth of character and backstory is phenomenal. I love Meera. She is brave, strong, fierce and forward facing when it comes to Nissa and then Nick, but she is not so forthcoming when it comes to her livelihood, her work passion. I love the family and friends and their dynamic. I love the interaction between th ...more
Lauren
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Otay y'all this is part of series but I read it as a stand alone. This book started really slow for me and it took me a minute to get into it. I loved Meera and even more so after learning all about her. I didn't care for Nivk at first but he definitely grew on me. This book had lots of drama but it wasn't horrible... them working through the drama was the big part of the story for me. I will agree with some others the adult time scenes kinda threw me off but thankfully they weren't a huge part ...more
Judy Johnson
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was the first time I've read a book by this author and I was totally impressed. Although it might have been helpful to have read the books that came before this, not only is it not necessary, but this will likely make you want to go back and read the others for the background! The story is not only well written, but it is also sweet, heartwrenching and steamy all in one! A pageturner that I recommend without hesitation! I'll be reading more of this author! I requested and received an ARC of ...more
Rubi
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can’t believe Ceri wrote this book.
Nick is so hot and surprise baby / single parents are my jam!
I loved Nick’s relationship with Nissa. So cute and swoony.
Roma and Dom were my favorite characters with their banter and tough love friendship with Nick. I want more of them. 😂
I was so happy to see some of my favorite characters from Stupid Awesome Love books in the past. How they’re doing after all this time 😂.
All the steamy scenes are amazing and you’ll be needing a cold shower. I will alway
Jill Baker
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read by Ceri Grenelle. It will not be the last. I was easily drawn to the characters and their somewhat complicated lives. Did I want shake some sense into Nick and Meera and tell them to just open up to each other? Yes! But, that is exactly the reason why this is an entertaining, sexy, lovable, and heartfelt book. Without a doubt, I recommend reading Distract Me.

• Nailed by You (Ross Brothers, #1)
  • A Billion Times No (Fake It Till You Make It #1)
  • The Lineup
  • Everything's Better with Lisa (Everything’s Better #3)
  • Bad For Me
  • The Howl (By Kiss and Claw #1)
  • Mr. December (Calendar Boys, #12)
  • Don't Mean a Thing (Got That Swing, #1)
  • The Broken Bond (Band of Billionaires #1)
  • Billionaire Bosshole (Bedding the Billionaire #3)
  • Fired: A Steamy Accidental Wedding Rom-Com (Cooking Up A Celebrity Book 3)
  • Void
  • Resisting Her (Moving On Duology Book 2)
  • Biker Baby (Kings of Mayhem MC, #3)
  • Brothers in Arms (Kings of Mayhem MC, #2)
  • Sugarplum (Sweet Curves #4)
  • Kings of Mayhem (Kings of Mayhem MC, #1)
  • Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #1)
Ceri is the author of quirky and sexy contemporary romance novels. She has a major weakness for sappy cuddle moments as much as hot and steamy sex scenes, and a penchant for writing snappy and sarcastic dialogue. She loves romance that isn't afraid to be awkward and uncouth, and thrives on flawed characters with big hearts.

Ceri is a New York native living in California with her two cats, Mercy an