Start by marking “Second Chance Magic (Order of Magic, #1)” as Want to Read:
Second Chance Magic (Order of Magic, #1)

Second Chance Magic

(Order of Magic #1)

Secrets broke her heart... and have now come back from the grave to haunt her.

So far, Lorna Addamss forties are not what she expected. After a very public embarrassment, she finds it difficult to trust her judgment when it comes to new friendships and dating. She might be willing to give love a second chance when she meets the attractive William Warrick, if only she could
Published February 18th 2020 by The Raven Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chance Magic

Start your review of Second Chance Magic (Order of Magic, #1)
Kelly
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lorna's situation is...rough. Like, she was lied to in the worst, most public way imaginable and she's sort of blamed (the idea that she "didn't know" or "hadn't suspected" her husband's lies is sort of thrown at her and WOW that sucks) for not seeing those lies, yet she loved this man and because of his betrayal and lies can't grieve the way one would if their spouse had died.

Rough. Super rough.

Good thing she's moved into a town and is finding a group of friends who can help her move on. You
Hsu Lee
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
This was a great book !
Lorna is having a really bad day.
Because of her pain from her past, she is afraid to trust again.
William is attracted to Lorna, but does he have a chance ?
Will Lorna let her past dictate her future.
Loved the characters + the storytelling !
It has all the ingredients that you need for a great book!
Monica
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book in this new series. This idea that the Fab 13 authors decided to do by making books about women over the age of 40 is Brilliant. This book is fun, funny, magical and romantic. Each lady had had some loss and now they have come together by fate to help them move on and find happiness. There is a great friendship bond that comes together and also a romantic relationship. You will get a witchy side. It will be fun to see where these 3 ladies end up with friendship, love and magic. ...more
Karen Fisher
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: karen-fisher
While leaving me a bit unsettled this book was riveting! It's a rollercoaster read through so many ups and downs. Super cool in the friendships of the three women. Great ending! I received an advanced copy of this book and freely leave this honest review.
Trisha
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Things started out with a twist I didnt quite expect, but the entire storyline was fantastic. It had me turning page after page to see what would happen next.
The characters are well fleshed out & the world building is very well done.
I am looking forward to reading more of this series.
#PWF #FAB13
Kathy Tozzi
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Ever find one of those books that touch you heart and soul? Well this is it for me!
Lorna Addams was hit with a devastating secret betrayal while at her husbands funeral. One that changed her life completely.
Needing a new lease on life she starts over a town called Freewild Cove, North Carolina. A place where no one knows her or of her past.
She finds two women she grows fond of, Vivian and Heather. The three form a strong bond.
This is an amazing story of magic, friendship/sisterhood, family and
Nikki Brooks
Lorna thought losing her husband was grief enough. Then she was made a laughingstock when it turns out her husband was a bigamist - and was the other woman! With her children starting college she moves to Freewild Cove to escape the gossip.

With a new job and flat over the cinema, it may not be much but it's all she needs for now. She has made friends with her employer Heather and gets a bit tongue-tied over William, her boss' brother. She is NOT going there no matter how hot he is. Then
Melissa
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Last thing you think to find out at your husband's funeral is that you were his second wife. Unfortunately, for Lorna that is exactly what happens and her entire world turns upside down. She loses everything and moves to Freewild Cove for a new start where no one knows her story. Three years go by and she finally feels like her life is back on track. Little does she know that her new journey is just beginning. She just made two new best friends and they each received a ring the same night Lorna ...more
Cheri
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A new life. She's forty. Divorced. Kids are away at college. She has menopause and empty nest syndrome to look forward to. No way. She's moving and starting over. Little did she know that her job and new friends would bring more than the job into her life. The boss's brother is hot and seems to feel the same about her. That's the good stuff. The rest -- not so much. Oh, she's gained a couple of cool gal pals, and the job is fun and includes an apartment. It's the other stuff. The magic stuff ...more
Marie Arnold
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love discovering new fantastic authors!!
Second chance magic is the first in a new series by one of 13 awesome female writers who have formed the paranormal womens fiction group. A group of kick ass women who have decided that its not only the teenage, stereotypical female thats in her teens to late 20s that can have fun and get up to some paranormal shenanigans.

This book focuses on Lorna, a widowed mum of three grown up children, who after discovering she was the second wife after twenty
Donna Hokanson
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lots of feels throughtout

The feels started from the very first chapter. You feel for the woman and her three kid. The feels continue with meeting new friend. You got a bit of action and adventure throughout. This is the first book of three and even though I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series the ending to this was was satisfying. Very well written story.
I highly recommend this book to read.
Elisa
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Life really can start over second chances are just around the corner and magic truly does exist if you believe... Seeing is believing right???

Lorna is widowed and then gut punched when she finds out what her late hubby was really up to their entire marriage, now she has packed up and moved far away from Vermont, her kids are all off doing their own thing and it's time for Lorna to find her place and what a special place she finds...
I did love the descriptive writing in this story i really felt
Valerie - Cats Luv Coffee
Second Chance Magic by Michelle Pillow is another book in the Paranormal Women's Fiction by the FAB13. So far I've read Sucks to be Me and Wrong Side of Forty. Second Chance Magic fits in that group well with characters that are in their forties and finding themselves again after something big comes and shakes up their life. In the case of Second Chance Magic and Lorna Addams, that very big thing is that her husband dies. Bad enough, right? Now imagine that at the funeral, you find out that your ...more
Caroline Paquin
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The bonds of female friendship and quite enduring, even newly formed alliances.

Lorna, Vivien, and Heather can tell you about it!

What joy to meet those three incredible ladies! Plus, magic apart, it reminds me of my own friends. The Sisterhood... with a second chance at love for one of them.

Looking very much forward to Vivien's story!
Julie
So Good

I really liked the protagonists in this book, Lorna, Heather, and Vivian are relatable and well rounded characters. Strong, but flawed. The mystery element was present, but took a slight backseat to the friendships and relationships of these women. And then theres the magic. Whats not to like? Looking forward to the next couple of books.
This Literary Life
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun new series!

A wonderful first book in this new series. It was exciting from the first page and I read it straight through. It was friendship and healing with a side of sexy! I cant wait to read Vals story!
Josie
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a story

Okay, get a little spooked by ghosts or demons do not read at bedtime with the lights off. I may have a bad dream or two, but wow, what an awesome read. I already pre-order the next two books because "I got to know."
Nicki
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Friendship, magic, ghosts, and romance. What more could you want? This was a really entertaining book, I read straight through without stopping. It sucked me in and kept me from leaving with how great it was. I absolutely love the characters! My heart broke for them but I'm so happy they have each other. I can't wait for the next book!
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Second Chance Magic begins the Order of Magic series with a story that is sure to break your heart and then allow you to watch as Lorna, and you, slowly heal that heart back again and perhaps a whole lot more as well. Its a story of betrayal so deep, developing friendships, sisterhood even deeper, and of starting over when its the very last thing you believe possible for yourself. It hits on so many emotions, showcases a true womens tribe of friends, and the
Brandy Barber
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lorna has had a pretty good life. Or so she thought. Her husband passes away and then SHOOT hits the fan. To move away and start over seems like a good idea. RIGHT?

New town, New job, New friends, New Man? Lorna has to reinvent her life now. She meets some outstanding people. She learns things are not always what they seem and Witches are real.

I thought this book was amazing. It really scared me in some parts. Not many books keep me scared. I think Lorna has joined the right town to help
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Second Chance Magic is a First Rate Read

Do you like your paranormal with a touch of mystery and some good old fashioned romance? If so, Second Chance Magic is right up your alley.

After Lorna's life literally kicks her when she's down and spits her unceremoniously out, she finds a quiet, little town to heal her heart, mind and soul. She's found a job, two new friends who are definitely quirky, and a man who might possibly help her on her quest to heal.

This book grabbed me right at the outset, and
Missie Jones
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Book and I Loved It!!!

This was GREAT! A wonderful storyline that draws you in and keeps you there. A little mystery, ghosts and three 40+ aged women finding friendship, magic and love. *sigh* It was Awesome!!! I put this as one of my fav PWF books so far.
I hated what Lorna went through. I wanted to kill her husband myself if he hadn't already died. And to see her finally find true friendship, possibly love to...yay
Thank You Michelle M Pillow for having a steamy romantic bedroom scene.
Cheryl Drake johnson
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lorna Addams is a woman whose gone through a rough and humiliating time in her life, now she has moved on and found her way back to a little town called Freewild Cove, North Carolina that her family had stopped in on a vacation gone wrong years ago and she realizes this is where she wants to start her life over again. What she got she was certainly not expecting to find out that she has some special talents that she found in this town along with certain people like Heather, her friend Vivien and ...more
Diane
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was a delight to read. I admit, I wasn't sure as this author is new to me and I thought the cover was kind of odd. I'm trying to read some of the books in the new Paranormal Women's Fiction genre, so I picked this one up. And, dang! What a shocker in the first chapter! That hooked me in and I read the book through pretty quickly. I liked the main character, Lorna, and her friends Heather and Vivien. The story was not what I expected, but it was very good. I will definitely go on to the ...more
Kathy Mayer
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved the sisterhood of these friends.

This book was really good. Starts out almost tragic/funny with a interesting funeral. As an escape from a horribly embarrassing situation leads Lorna to move. She chooses a small town she passed through once. Very quaint by the beach. The friendships that develop between her new boss & her quirky best friend are stuff of legends! Like best friends since kindergarten & forever. Her new boss is a descendant of a well known medium from the
Kimberly
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From second wife to a trio of magic

Lorna finds out the day of her husband's funeral that she is his second wife and that he never divorced his first one. She leaves her home and travels to a place where she once vacationed. She gets a job and makes friends with two other women. They are all magical.
I love the dynamic between Lorna, Heather and Vivien and how they come to rely on each other.
I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series.
ConniW
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Friends dont let friends séance drunk.

This book is very well written and quick paced. As the main characters are fleshed out and the plot thickens, literally, not only does the author spend the time showing us just how beautiful confidence can be on a 40+ woman, but she shows the reason you should read the directions before you do something crazy! Playing with matches comes to mind.
Michelle M. Pillows needs to please hurry and release the next book, please.
Niki
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious and interesting

This story was so good! From the very first word, my attention was completely focused on this story, its roller coasters ride of emotions, unexpected paranormal interactions, and hilarious dialogue. Ive already preordered the next two stories and cant wait to get them!
Dawn Dohey
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome short story about starting over and a second chance at love with a new found flare of magic. Life seems to have a lot of twists and turns so when hit hits you full on the best thing is to get back up and start over or move on.And in Lorna's case she had to do more than that she no choice but to.
Not only did Lorna find a new life in a new place she found true love and a little magic or magic found her.
Jan Janus
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: witchy
Never mess with the powers that be, especially when its the power of three. Phenomenal mid-life change when you have been done wrong by the man you thought was your forever. So much mayhem when the three do a spell oh hello, I am not spoiling this for you, better grab a copy and get to reading it, you will not be disappointed.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Halfway There (Midlife Mulligan #1)
  • Cloudy with a Chance of Witchcraft (Grimm Cove, #1)
  • Writing Wrongs (Crow's Feet Coven #1)
  • Witching For Grace (Premonition Pointe, #1)
  • Sucks To Be Me
  • Let it All Burn
  • It's A Wonderful Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #1)
  • Wrong Side of Forty (Marina at Midlife, #1)
  • Grave Magic Bounty (Forty Proof, #1)
  • Betwixt (Betwixt & Between #1)
  • Suddenly Psychic (Glimmer Lake, #1)
  • Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1)
  • Her Scream in the Silence (Carly Moore #2)
  • Perfect Pending (Witches of Gales Haven, #1)
  • How to Survive an Undead Honeymoon (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #8)
  • A Lovely Drop (The NeverNeath #2)
  • Do You Really Want to Haunt Me (Bewitchingly Ever After, #3)
  • Sin & Spirit (Demigods of San Francisco, #4)
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author of Romances, Cozy Mysteries, and PWF (Paranormal Women's Fiction)
www.MichellePillow.com

Michelle loves to travel and try new things, whether it's a paranormal investigation of an old Vaudeville Theatre or climbing Mayan temples in Belize. She believes life is an adventure fueled by copious amounts of coffee.

Newly relocated to the American South,

Order of Magic (3 books)
  • Third Time’s a Charm (Order of Magic, #2)
  • The Fourth Power (Order of Magic, #3)