Start by marking “More Than Maybe” as Want to Read:
More Than Maybe

More Than Maybe

Growing up under his punk rocker dad's spotlight, eighteen-year-old Luke Greenly knows fame and wants nothing to do with it. His real love isn't in front of a crowd, it's on the page. Hiding his gift and secretly hoarding songs in his bedroom at night, he prefers the anonymous comfort of the locally popular podcast he co-hosts with his outgoing and meddling, ...more
Expected publication: July 21st 2020 by Wednesday Books

To ask other readers questions about More Than Maybe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than Maybe

Start your review of More Than Maybe
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Another limbo read and I need immediate help! Im moving back and forth between 3 and 4 stars! My head starts spinning to take the fair decision.

I loved the writing style, smart musical knowledge and intellectual references, I loved supporting characters and it was fast, easy, mostly sweet reading but Im reading Youd Be Mine at the same time and that really confused the hell of me (By the way: there was nothing wrong about the book)

I could give this one four solid stars even though I couldnt
Karen McManus
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just you wait, guys. JUST. YOU. WAIT.
Candace Robinson
This was a super cute read and this is seriously one of my favorite contemporary covers ever!
Tucker
May 13, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
Shelves: reviewed
[11/01/2019] - A title and a cover! I kind of wish it wasn't illustrated and kind of fit with the style of You'd Be Mine... Oh, well

--------------

I just finished You'd Be Mine a few weeks ago... But I am so ready for this book.
Corina
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
full review closer to release date
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

This book was such a delightful little gem. I have such a soft spot for YA books that feature characters that have a passion and love for music. When I was in high school, music was my everything. It was my ultimate passion and what I lived for day to day. Reading this book was really nostalgic for me. I really felt every moment of this book so ardently.

These characters were
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Absolutely LOVED! Full review to come.
Kelly Coon
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reader, you're in for a treat. I read an early version of MORE THAN MAYBE by the splendid Erin Hahn, and it was an absolute delight. There are twists you don't see coming, and more good music than you can possibly handle. PLUS, did I mention that the illustrious Hahn has once again graced us with her lyrical talent? I didn't?????? SHAME ON ME. Filled with longing and so much hope, this YA rom-com is more than maybe for me. It's a loud and resounding YES!
Erin A. Craig
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart, my heart! MORE THAN MAYBE had me cheering and dancing right along with the characters and left the biggest trail of happy tears down my face. I didn't think it was possible to top YOU'D BE MINE, but Hahn's sophomore book has me longing for my days in Ann Arbor and super upset I never met my Luke there!
mahana
Oct 31, 2019 marked it as dnf
Shelves: arcs
dnf @ 7%

there were a lot of annoying popular culture references in the first couple of chapters, but i drew the line at a game of fuck marry kill about the characters from teen wolf. just... why?
Erin Hahn
Jan 28, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
UPDATE: (3.27.20) MORE THAN MAYBE's release date, along with the release of the paperback of YOU'D BE MINE has been postponed to July 21, 2020. I am sad that I have to wait a bit longer to share Luke and Vada with you all, but I definitely think that my publisher, Wednesday Books, made the right decision and I'm so grateful to them for wanting both the book and the readers to have the best chance at a Happy Ending. :)

UPDATE: THE MORE THAN MAYBE SPOTIFY PLAYLIST IS UP. There are a few to choose
Rebeca
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an early copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 stars Im giving this book all the stars⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ok, you all need to add More Than Maybe to your TBRs right now! Seriously, this book was A M A Z I N G😍 And yes, it totally deserves capital letters🌚

I havent read Erins debut yet but after reading and loving More Than Maybe Im definitely going to read it💛

More Than Maybe stirred my heart. There are two POVs, Luke and Vadas, and they are perfect. I loved to read about their love
Mari Johnston
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have so many thoughts and feelings about this book. It was everything I needed at the exact right moment. This story is so very special. Ill have a full review closer to release date but I will go ahead and tell you that this is a book you will not want to miss. ...more
Dahlia
Mar 16, 2020 added it
Shelves: 2020-releases
The romance was adorable and the music stuff was really fun, but readers be warned that both MCs think Adam Duritz is more brilliant than Kurt Cobain and I honestly just have no idea what to do with that. But I'm very proud of myself for not DNFing. (If the romance weren't so good, and the characters so compelling otherwise, I totally would have. *spraypaints "Kurdt 4eva" and runs away*)
Susan's Reviews
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for a free ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Well!!! I just finished More Than Maybe and I have to say, that was one long, drawn out, slow sizzle of a romance between two totally likeable young adults: Vada Careswell and Luke Greenly.

Would they or wouldn't they?! The suspense was killing me. Then..... the KISS! Picture a big smile on my face! Etta Jame's At Last is playing in the background (- or Beyonce's version, if you prefer
Andi
Mar 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I was excited to read this book because the author is writing about Ann Arbor (which is the city next to mine) and she is from Michigan (where I am from). Also, because this was about two teens in love and on the cusp of going away to college and it is set around to music.

I came out enjoying the book but unable to give it any more than 3 stars.

What I think this book excels in is giving you two characters that are wanting something more than what they have. Each feeling the outsiders in their own
Natalie - FerryGoodBooks
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Give me all the angsty lyrics, the heartfelt plucking of the strings, passionate and world-weary please. Give me the banging of keys, the staccato of beach eats, the gift of swing and swoon. Give me this book on repeat, singing at the top of my lungs alone in a car.

Are you there God? Its me smitten. I am completely smitten with this story, Luke and Vada, and everything in between. Vada is a middle-aged, overweight, receded-hairline soul stuck in an 18 year olds body. She has a plan, a very
Katie
I READ THIS TOO FAST AND WAS DEVASTATED WHEN IT WAS OVER: THE STORY OF MY LIFE

♥ I looked LONG AND HARD for this book. I emailed publicity contacts, I entered contacts, I scoured the ARC trade pages on Twitter and Facebook, I was denied THREE TIMES on Edelweiss.

Then I saw that my author friend Liz Lawson (please go preorder her book it's FABULOUS) received a copy from Erin and I knew this was it--THIS WAS MY CHANCE! Liz lives very close to me, so I begged her to let me borrow it and she did
Chloe
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Spoiler free, 4.75 stars*

I have seen a lot of love for You'd Be Mine online and a lot of excitement for More Than Maybe. I haven't read You'd Be Mine yet, even though I really want, because I know it's heavier. But, I knew that More Than Maybe would have a super sweet male main character and that was basically enough for me to want to read. And then I found out there's mutual pining and I kind of just exploded.

After reading this book, I kind of just want to launch myself right into You'd Be
Lauren
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There are novels that come along that defy their genres. That tap into a feeling so primal and deep that you cant help but become completely immersed. To me, Erin Hahns More Than Maybe is one of those novels.

Luke Greenly loves music, but doesnt want to be in the spotlight. The son of a famous punk rocker, Luke has all his fathers talent, with none of his desire for fame. He prefers to create music in secret, with no intention of ever performing for others. He also has a secret crush on music
Britt (Geronimo Reads)
Absolutely loved this but its by Hahn so thats a given. Will give a better review later if I can remember but for a little baby one: 5 stars. Absolutely amazing. Perfect for any music fan. Adorable romance, great side characters (Meg is going to be the MC for Hahns next book!!!!!) Youd Be Mine references!!!! Basically you should read it. Now. Thanks.

Thanks to Wednesday Books and Edelweiss for providing me with a free copy to review!!
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Uhm this book is fantastic. Its so many things I love rolled into one and most of the music mentioned in the book is music I love. ...more
Alexa
Dec 07, 2019 rated it liked it
3/3.5 ⭐⭐⭐💫

Review to Come ❤
Ashlee Bree
Think back to your first secret crush as a teenager.

Remember all those little moments: the bashful smiles, the nightmare blushes that sprang to your cheeks unbidden. Feel the breath catch in your throat and the flutter in your stomach swoop all over again simply because you caught a whiff of his cologne, her perfume, realizing right then and there how unfair it was for another person to smell so damn good. Recall the elaborate daydreams, the "doesn't even know I exist" doubts, your silly
Monte Price
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-releases
An arc was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for a review.

I'm going to be honest here, I'm not a musical person. I'm very much that person that listens to the same artists on repeat and am v slow to adopt new people into the rotation.

That said, I do love books about people that are very into things and both Luke and Vada I think appreciate music in a way that I never could. More Than Maybe is a slice of life contemporary following Luke and Vada in their last semester of high school.
Jennie L
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Have you read a book that just takes you back to high school? This book had so many memories rushing back to me, I couldnt help but just reminisce about my relationships in high school.

More Than Maybe is a story of two high school seniors, Luke Greenly, music enthusiast who owns a popular podcast with his twin brother, & Vada, bartender of Lucky Lizards and blogger for behind the music. With their shared love and passion for music, Luke and Vada are paired together with intense feelings for
Fizah(Books tales by me)
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-read
Actual Rating 3.75
RTC
Megan Turton
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After reading Youd Be Mine I couldnt wait to get my hands on this book! While I loved YBM, THIS book is IT! Its like the soundtrack of my life wrapped up in a heartwarming, stomach flutter causing, giddily smiling, gut punching love story. Its not an easy love story, but what true love story is! I could not stop singing or reading until it was done. And to be honest, I havent stopped singing or smiling since! ...more
Myra Bryant
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Seriously great read!! Once you start you just can't stop and that is from page one. Erin Hahn draws you in and I can't wait to read more. This was the first book I have read and now I want to read everything else she has written. The characters are well developed and relatable while staying true to originality and being current.
Fanna
Mar 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
Love song goes viral?? Now that's an inciting incident I want to see spiral into a romance!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• What I Like About You
  • Beach Read
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • Tweet Cute
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • What You Wish For
  • Meet Me at Midnight
  • Burn Our Bodies Down
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • Four Days of You and Me
  • Time of Our Lives
  • Something to Talk About
  • Bookish and the Beast (Once Upon a Con, #3)
  • Lobizona (Wolves of No World, #1)

Erin started writing her own books when her little sister gave her shade about a country music-themed Twilight fanfic. By day, she gets to share her favorite stories with her elementary students. By night, she writes swoons. Erin married her own YA love interest whom she met on her first day of college and has two kids who are much, much cooler than she ever was at their age. She lives in

Articles featuring this book

Love, loss, magic, and wonder: 2020 looks to be a year of glued-to-the-page reading in the young adult genre. Among the most anticipated books ...