Start by marking “More Than Maybe” as Want to Read:
More Than Maybe

More Than Maybe

Growing up under his punk rocker dad's spotlight, eighteen-year-old Luke Greenly knows fame and wants nothing to do with it. His real love isn't in front of a crowd, it's on the page. Hiding his gift and secretly hoarding songs in his bedroom at night, he prefers the anonymous comfort of the locally popular podcast he co-hosts with his outgoing and meddling, far-too-jealou ...more
Published July 21st 2020 by Wednesday Books

To ask other readers questions about More Than Maybe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than Maybe

Start your review of More Than Maybe
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Another limbo read and I need immediate help! I’m moving back and forth between 3 and 4 stars! My head starts spinning to take the fair decision.

I loved the writing style, smart musical knowledge and intellectual references, I loved supporting characters and it was fast, easy, mostly sweet reading but I’m reading “You’d Be Mine” at the same time and that really confused the hell of me (By the way: there was nothing wrong about the book)

I could give this one four solid stars even though I could
Irena BookDustMagic
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
More Than Maybe is ya contemporary that showed up in my life just when I needed one.
I was craving for a story like this, and am so grateful it was in my hands in the exactly right time.

Therefore, because I enjoyed every single page of this book (the bitter and the sweet) I had to rate it so high.

Music (or songs to be particular) plays big role in both Vada's and Luke's life which, as a result, has that it has big role in this story too.
They send music links to each other through the story, and I
Karen McManus
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just you wait, guys. JUST. YOU. WAIT.
Larry H
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
4.5 stars, rounded up.

More Than Maybe , Erin Hahn's upcoming book, is a terrific story about music, love, family, and the freedom to follow—or not follow—your passions.

Vada has had a crush on Luke Greenly for a while. It’s not just his accent (his family moved to Michigan from the UK when he was younger) or his looks; it’s his soulfulness, his personality, and of course, the passion for music they share.

Luke has always been partial to gingers so of course Vada catches his eye every time he an
Tina
This is a young adult/romance. I just could not get into this book. I read the whole book, and the whole time I was wishing it was going to get better. I think it was just not the book for me. The writing style was just one I come not get into. I have seen some really good reviews about this book, so some people really loved it. I hope the book finds the people that love it. I was kindly provided an e-copy of this book by the publisher or author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review, an ...more
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)

Many thanks to Macmillan Audio for the free audiobook in exchange for an honest review

his was such a hopeful and joyful book while expertly mixing in some heavier themes but balancing it all out with a sweet romance. I loved You’d Be Mine and I was really exciting to test this.

I was frustrated by the whole conflict, especially by the way it was "resolved". Mild spoilers ahead - When Cullen so blatantly disrespected Luke's privacy, I was really mad but I got even more mad when Luke was basically
Susan's Reviews
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for a free ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Well!!! I just finished More Than Maybe and I have to say, that was one long, drawn out, slow sizzle of a romance between two totally likeable young adults: Vada Careswell and Luke Greenly.

Would they or wouldn't they?! The suspense was killing me. Then..... the KISS!

Picture a big smile on my face! Etta Jame's At Last is playing in the background (- or Beyonce's version, if you prefer i
Corina
This book is perfect for any music enthusiast.

This is a kind of confession, but I’m the worst when it comes to music. I can’t carry a tune, and can’t for the life of me remember lyrics. I’m the WORST!! So, much of the music related stuff in this novel, the YouTube references, singers, songs, etc went a bit over my head.

But what I enjoyed the most about this book were the characters.

Luke and Vada had such similar backstories, and complimented each other in a genuine way. Also the supporting chara
Katie B

I appreciate how this book was more than just a typical young adult romance. The characters were well-developed and weren't primarily focused on their love lives all the time. And I enjoyed how the author used music in the story as the characters would go back and forth sharing different songs that were relevant in certain situations.

Luke Greenly has seen what life is like under the spotlight as his dad is a famous punk rock musician. While Luke enjoys making music, he has no interest
Christy
4 stars

This was my first book by Erin Hahn and it was seriously the cutest. It left me with a huge smile on my face. I loved Vada, Luke, and so many of the secondary characters (Phil especially). If you’re a music fan, I highly recommend this one.

Audio book source: Libby (library borrow)
Story Rating: 4 stars
Narrators: Rachel L. Jacobs & P.J. Ochlan
Narration Rating: 4 stars
Genre: Contemporary YA
Length: 9 hours and 41 minutes
Monica
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Fantastic! If you are looking for a light-hearted, summer beach read, this is the one for you! I may have felt such a strong attachment to this book because I completely relate to the characters' love of music. Especially live music, which I miss horribly right now due to all the gathering restrictions.

I was initially concerned that this might be too much flighty teenage romance but there is lots of growth and maturity in the short story. Language is strong throughout, so might not be for young
NAT.orious reads ☾
3.5 generous STARS ★★★✬✩
This book is for… music enthusiasts who enjoy good song and genre references in their YA reads. Be ready for a lot of adorkable teenage angst and overthinking.

Overall.
That's it, I'm making it official: I'm in a bloody reading slump.

I'm not gonna lie to you, folks. I feel like an utter tosser not adoring this book. Honestly, what is wrong with me. It features angsty teenagers, a pure gay love, family relationships, personal emotional growth and an awful lot of b
Emma☀️
This was a cute, sweet read! The characters were what made the story for me and I enjoyed their dynamics immensely!

More Than Maybe is more than a love story, it’s about family and friendship. Luke and Vada are likable protagonists with amazing banter. The side characters were also very fun to read about. Cullen and Phil were my favorites and I enjoyed their interactions with the protagonists.

Luke and Vada are so cute together. I found it so sweet that they already had crushes on each ot
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Absolutely LOVED! Full review to come.

*EDITED TO ADD REVIEW*
I expected to love More Than Maybe, I did not expect it to steal my heart. The characters, the story, the music, the sheer friendship and love. This is by far the first YA book in a really long time I can say completely swept me a way in just about every way a girl, a reader, can be swept away.

And yes, dear author, I want a Phil! And a Cullen, and a Zach, and a Mia, and yes, especially a Luke!

This was so much more than I was expecting
♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction
Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

This book was such a delightful little gem. I have such a soft spot for YA books that feature characters that have a passion and love for music. When I was in high school, music was my everything. It was my ultimate passion and what I lived for day to day. Reading this book was really nostalgic for me. I really felt every moment of this book so ardently.

These characters were
Berit Talks Books
A sweet symphony of words. Erin Hahn has crafted an engaging story rocking with friendship, family, and music. Luke is the son of an expunk rocker who has no desire to follow in his father‘s footsteps, even though he has the talent. Vada is a huge music connoisseur. She writes a music blog and is headed off to college to study music journalism. The two of them have been crushing on one another for ages, neither of them knowing about the others feelings. When they are teamed up to collaborate on ...more
Jacob Proffitt
Apr 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
I don't know what to do with this book. Well, read it, obviously. But how to describe it in a way that makes sense? Short description first, I guess. This is a brand of YA wish fulfillment in the sense that the background of the characters, and their prospects going forward, are unique and interesting. In this case, both Luke and Vada are heavily into music and each are incredibly talented in their own ways, and, more importantly, have recognition for those talents. Even more fantastic (in the f ...more
Tatiana
Jan 27, 2021 marked it as dnf
First book club flop of the year. I could have finished it - it’s not terrible, but it’s bland and boring, so I don’t want to.

Also, American authors MUST resist writing British characters if they don’t know what they are talking about. Nothing about Luke was British. I’ve read enough British books and watched enough British tv to pass judgment.
Jessica J.
Apr 07, 2020 added it
Shelves: young-adult
I can't decide how I felt about this one. On the one hand, it's a sweet romance and I love that the female lead is not a Manic Pixie, but it took more than half the book for her voice to feel even a little different from the male lead's and the pacing frequently felt clunky.

Also, I can not get over the fact that a character is twice described as a "high-functioning introvert" which... introversion isn't a dysfunction, Erin.
Kristy
A superb teen romance that will make you smile

Luke Greenly has a famous dad (former punk rock icon Charlie Greenly), a popular and outgoing twin brother who has sorta stolen his best friend (they're going out now), and immense musical talent. But Luke prefers his music more private. He writes songs instead of singing them. Just try telling that to his family. He also has a longtime crush on music blogger Vada Carsewell. Vada loves music too. She lives and breathes it--working at the Loud Lizard,
human
Jul 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Netgalley and Wednesday Books for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I'm stuck between rating this a 3 or a 4, so 3.5 I suppose it is!

More Than Maybe was an adorable contemporary romance about two teens (young adults, really) that are brought together by their shared love and passion for music, despite all the problems they face in their day-to-day lives.

On the one hand, there's Vada, an aspiring music journalist who has a solid plan for accomplishing her dreams w
Sylvs (NOVELty Reads)
Nov 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I knew from the second I read the blurb that I would love this book.

And boy was I right.

In all honesty, I think any book that explores music immediately wins my heart. Especially if I actually, for starters, know the song references and if they mention a lot of songs I love to bits. This book won me over from the very first mention of Twenty One Pilots, Flora Cash and Panic at the Disco and it kept getting better and better from there.

But all music references aside (which, as said before, was
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
We want to be moved and changed and knocked over and pieced back together. We want to swoon and taste and cry and scream to the sky, Yes, this. We want ninety minute relationships encompassing a lifetime of feels. We want the fantasy, the reality, the immortality, the salvation ... we want to be seen.
This was such a great story with a cute romance, and strong family moments. More Than Maybe follows Luke Greenly as he struggles behind the shadow of his punk rock father and keeping his
Fanna
October 10, 2020: More Than Maybe sings a great love song between two people most passionate for music. A talented music blogger who aspires to be a music journalist meets the son of a famous musician who secretly writes songs for himself but doesn't wish to perform, and what follows is a great mix of romantic angst and the awkwardness that teen crushes bring.

With a sweet and simple writing that easily brings across all emotions of sneaking glances, cute smiles, and yearning, this YA contempor
Stacee
Well, between that cover and the synopsis, I was sold on this one and I'm happy to report that it delivered for me.

I loved Vada and Luke. They're both so passionate about music and I love love loved that they spoke to each other in lyrics. Vada's mom and Luke's parents were all fantastic, not to mention Vada's mom's boyfriend and Luke's twin. It's always great to see present and positive parents and while these family members weren't all sunshine and rainbows, it showed a supportive set.

Plot w
Brithanie Faith
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5/5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

So- it's been a few days (and I'm still in denial), because I convinced myself that I was done with YA Contemporary/Romance, but APPARENTLY I'M NOT. Apparently I just hadn't been reading anything that worked for me, because this was SO GOOD- and I'm already dying to read Erin Hahn's next book. I know, I know- this one isn't out yet, so I'll be waiting a while, but I AM READY FOR IT!

Who knew that all I needed to reki
book bruin
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult

More Than Maybe was so adorkably sweet and cute. I'm pretty sure I got at least a dozen cavities while reading it and there were so many times that I couldn't wipe the dopey grin off my face. I fell in love with all the characters (well, besides Marcus), and it made my music loving heart rejoice.

I don't need to rehash the synopsis because there are plenty of wonderful reviews out there for that. I want to talk about how this book made me feel. I admit that if you aren't familiar with t
Ashley
Star Rating: —> 5 Stars

Boy, does my heart hurt... in the best way possible.

This book was written for all of the music lovers out there. The ones whose souls wouldn’t be complete without it.

This was ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!
Those of you who don’t feel like music is “your thing” you may not the the best out of this with its many band & artist references. But, I think you should take the chance anyway, if for no other reason than it is an ADORABLE rom-com!!

And what an absolutely ADORABLE romance! Va
Erin Craig
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart, my heart! MORE THAN MAYBE had me cheering and dancing right along with the characters and left the biggest trail of happy tears down my face. I didn't think it was possible to top YOU'D BE MINE, but Hahn's sophomore book has me longing for my days in Ann Arbor and super upset I never met my Luke there! ...more
Dahlia
Mar 16, 2020 added it
Shelves: 2020-releases
The romance was adorable and the music stuff was really fun, but readers be warned that both MCs think Adam Duritz is more brilliant than Kurt Cobain and I honestly just have no idea what to do with that. But I'm very proud of myself for not DNFing. (If the romance weren't so good, and the characters so compelling otherwise, I totally would have. *spraypaints "Kurdt 4eva" and runs away*) ...more
Young Adult Conte...: #17 More Than Maybe by Erin Hahn 10 16 Sep 21, 2020 07:23PM

• The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
  • Trust Exercise
  • Pretty Things
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
  • Big Summer
  • The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
  • The Dark Tide
  • A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1)
  • The Only Plane in the Sky: An Oral History of 9/11
  • The Girl of Hawthorn and Glass (The Girl of Hawthorn and Glass, #1)
  • The Gilded Ones (The Gilded Ones, #1)
  • Hart & Seoul (Hart & Seoul, #1)
  • She's Faking It
  • Mooncakes
  • The Fiery Crown (Forgotten Empires, #2)
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • Recipe for Persuasion (The Rajes, #2)
  • The Herd

Erin Hahn is an author of YA romances, including "You'd Be Mine", "More Than Maybe" and "Never Saw You Coming". Up next, she will be venturing into adult romance with her 2022 debut, "Built to Last". She married her own YA love interest whom she met on her first day of college and has two kids who are much, much cooler than she ever was at their age. She lives in Michigan, aka the greenest place o

Articles featuring this book

As dedicated readers already know, some of the best and most innovative stories on the shelves come from the constantly evolving realm of young...
“Lyrics do that sometimes. They find their home at just the right time. Like a secret message in a bottle, floating on a current for decades, only to wash up at someone's feet when the words are needed.” 10 likes
“Love is.... it's bringing an umbrella when rain is forecasted, but, like not for you. It's serenading someone off-key in the kitchen while they chop red peppers lenghtwise because they know you like them better that way. It's pulling the car in backward at night because your parner gets edgy when they have to back into morning traffic. It's buying moisturizer in bulk because one time they mentioned they liked the scent.
It's noticing things.Seeing parts of them even they might not know exist because you've been studying them since the moment you first laid eyes on them. It's memorizing their phone number even if you have it programmed because God forbid you ever lost your contacts. It's reading their mood by the song blaring through their headphones. It's experiencing something so extraordinary you can't tell if it was just that mind-blowing or if it's only because they were there with you that you were so affected by it.”
4 likes