Start by marking “More Than Maybe” as Want to Read:
More Than Maybe

More Than Maybe

Growing up under his punk rocker dad’s spotlight, eighteen-year-old Luke Greenly knows fame and wants nothing to do with it. His real love isn’t in front of a crowd, it’s on the page. Hiding his gift and secretly hoarding songs in his bedroom at night, he prefers the anonymous comfort of the locally popular podcast he co-hosts with his outgoing and meddling, ...more
Expected publication: May 12th 2020 by Wednesday Books

To ask other readers questions about More Than Maybe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than Maybe

Start your review of More Than Maybe
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Another limbo read and I need immediate help! I’m moving back and forth between 3 and 4 stars! My head starts spinning to take the fair decision.

I loved the writing style, smart musical knowledge and intellectual references, I loved supporting characters and it was fast, easy, mostly sweet reading but I’m reading “You’d Be Mine” at the same time and that really confused the hell of me (By the way: there was nothing wrong about the book)

I could give this one four solid stars even though I
Karen McManus
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just you wait, guys. JUST. YOU. WAIT.
Candace Robinson
This was a super cute read and this is seriously one of my favorite contemporary covers ever!
Tucker
May 13, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
Shelves: reviewed
[11/01/2019] - A title and a cover! I kind of wish it wasn't illustrated and kind of fit with the style of You'd Be Mine... Oh, well

--------------

I just finished You'd Be Mine a few weeks ago... But I am so ready for this book.
Corina
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
full review closer to release date
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Absolutely LOVED! Full review to come.
Erin A. Craig
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart, my heart! MORE THAN MAYBE had me cheering and dancing right along with the characters and left the biggest trail of happy tears down my face. I didn't think it was possible to top YOU'D BE MINE, but Hahn's sophomore book has me longing for my days in Ann Arbor and super upset I never met my Luke there!
Kelly Coon
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reader, you're in for a treat. I read an early version of MORE THAN MAYBE by the splendid Erin Hahn, and it was an absolute delight. There are twists you don't see coming, and more good music than you can possibly handle. PLUS, did I mention that the illustrious Hahn has once again graced us with her lyrical talent? I didn't?????? SHAME ON ME. Filled with longing and so much hope, this YA rom-com is more than maybe for me. It's a loud and resounding YES!
mahana
Oct 31, 2019 marked it as dnf
Shelves: arcs
dnf @ 7%

there were a lot of annoying popular culture references in the first couple of chapters, but i drew the line at a game of fuck marry kill about the characters from teen wolf. just... why?
Rebeca
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an early copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 stars I’m giving this book all the stars

Ok, you all need to add More Than Maybe to your TBRs right now! Seriously, this book was A M A Z I N G And yes, it totally deserves capital letters

I haven’t read Erin’s debut yet but after reading and loving More Than Maybe I’m definitely going to read it

More Than Maybe stirred my heart. There are two POVs, Luke and Vada’s, and they are perfect. I loved to read about their love for
Mari Johnston
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have so many thoughts and feelings about this book. It was everything I needed at the exact right moment. This story is so very special. I’ll have a full review closer to release date but I will go ahead and tell you that this is a book you will not want to miss.
Erin Hahn
Jan 28, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lord knows I won't rate my own book here... even though I *do* happen to think it's worth the five stars, I learned my lesson last time. :) But I just wanted to offer an update and answer a few questions... YES, there is a playlist for "More Than Maybe". I will be opening it up on Spotify just as I did with "You'd Be Mine"'s. In fact, I'll post a song a day over on Twitter and IG if you want to follow along. A little "Behind the Music", Vada style. Also, YES there is a spin off in the works for ...more
Natalie - FerryGoodBooks
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Give me all the “angsty lyrics, the heartfelt plucking of the strings, passionate and world-weary please. Give me the banging of keys, the staccato of beach eats, the gift of swing and swoon.” Give me this book on repeat, singing at the top of my lungs alone in a car.

“Are you there God? It’s me smitten”. I am completely smitten with this story, Luke and Vada, and everything in between. Vada is a “middle-aged, overweight, receded-hairline soul” stuck in an 18 year olds body. She has a plan, a
Britt (Geronimo Reads)
Absolutely loved this but it’s by Hahn so that’s a given. Will give a better review later if I can remember but for a little baby one: 5 stars. Absolutely amazing. Perfect for any music fan. Adorable romance, great side characters (Meg is going to be the MC for Hahn’s next book!!!!!) You’d Be Mine references!!!! Basically you should read it. Now. Thanks.

Thanks to Wednesday Books and Edelweiss for providing me with a free copy to review!!
Alexa
Dec 07, 2019 rated it liked it
3/3.5

Review to Come
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Uhm this book is fantastic. It’s so many things I love rolled into one and most of the music mentioned in the book is music I love.
Ashlee Bree
Think back to your first secret crush as a teenager.

Remember all those little moments: the bashful smiles, the nightmare blushes that sprang to your cheeks unbidden. Feel the breath catch in your throat and the flutter in your stomach swoop all over again simply because you caught a whiff of his cologne, her perfume, realizing right then and there how unfair it was for another person to smell so damn good. Recall the elaborate daydreams, the "doesn't even know I exist" doubts, your silly
Katie
I READ THIS TOO FAST AND WAS DEVASTATED WHEN IT WAS OVER: THE STORY OF MY LIFE

I looked LONG AND HARD for this book. I emailed publicity contacts, I entered contacts, I scoured the ARC trade pages on Twitter and Facebook, I was denied THREE TIMES on Edelweiss.

Then I saw that my author friend Liz Lawson (please go preorder her book it's FABULOUS) received a copy from Erin and I knew this was it--THIS WAS MY CHANCE! Liz lives very close to me, so I begged her to let me borrow it and she did
Lauren
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There are novels that come along that defy their genres. That tap into a feeling so primal and deep that you can’t help but become completely immersed. To me, Erin Hahn’s More Than Maybe is one of those novels.

Luke Greenly loves music, but doesn’t want to be in the spotlight. The son of a famous punk rocker, Luke has all his father’s talent, with none of his desire for fame. He prefers to create music in secret, with no intention of ever performing for others. He also has a secret crush on
Megan Turton
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After reading ‘You’d Be Mine’ I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book! While I loved YBM, THIS book is IT! It’s like the soundtrack of my life wrapped up in a heartwarming, stomach flutter causing, giddily smiling, gut punching love story. It’s not an easy love story, but what true love story is! I could not stop singing or reading until it was done. And to be honest, I haven’t stopped singing or smiling since!
Chloe
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Spoiler free, 4.75 stars*

I have seen a lot of love for You'd Be Mine online and a lot of excitement for More Than Maybe. I haven't read You'd Be Mine yet, even though I really want, because I know it's heavier. But, I knew that More Than Maybe would have a super sweet male main character and that was basically enough for me to want to read. And then I found out there's mutual pining and I kind of just exploded.

After reading this book, I kind of just want to launch myself right into You'd Be
Myra Bryant
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Seriously great read!! Once you start you just can't stop and that is from page one. Erin Hahn draws you in and I can't wait to read more. This was the first book I have read and now I want to read everything else she has written. The characters are well developed and relatable while staying true to originality and being current.
Caroline Bertaud
*Jumping to my feet, clapping hysterically and shouting “ENCORE! ENCORE!”* This piece of gem was vibrant, and not just with music. It really needs a standing ovation.
I fell in love with the characters, the story, the swoon feeling, the music. One of the best YA I've read. My 2020 favorite so far—and even though it's still early and I've only read like15 others, I'm sure Vada and Luke and their music nerdiness will stay with me a lot while.
BRAVO!
Cassandra
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for the arc of this wonderfully swoony second book by Erin Hahn.

I immediately fell in love with Vada and Luke and their journeys. This book perfectly encapsulates what I love and believe should be in more YA stories:
1. Family that can come from anywhere
2. The belief: you are never too old for a second chance
3. It’s okay to break away from those who seek to break you

Once again, Hahn blew me away with her lyrical poetry, and what I loved about this
Jaye Berry
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
I really enjoyed the author’s first book, You’d Be Mine, and I am looking forward to finding out how this one plays out as well. These characters sound fantastic. Luke and Vada’s romance is one that I can’t wait to read.
Samantha
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh. First things first, Hahn has a way with incorporating lyrics in her work—original lyrics—that just tie everything together. First YOU’D BE MINE, and now this. I’m pretty sure Vada and Luke are a form of anti depressant, because having just polished off the last few chapters, I feel like tomorrow will be a good day!

I spent most of this book alternating between being impressed at the exceptional punk references (since it’s not a terribly popular genre and also a genre I grew up on) and
Kate
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-in-2019
5 big, swoony, gushy, eyes closed because the feels are too real, stars!!!

I thought Hahn had worked magic on her debut, You'd Be Mine, but damn, she is a full on literary wizard and I'm forever bespelled by her crafty books.

(Yup, I'm also in full on October mood, so please ignore all the witchy drool)

Vada and Luke are amazing. Separately they are great solos, together they are the world's greatest duet (not sure which one that'd be, but in my head, right now, it's Set Fire to the Third Bar by
Melissa
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
More Than Maybe AKA Jesus H. Christ, Just Make Out Already!
Luke likes Vada. Vada likes Luke. Luke does not know Vada likes him. Vada does not know Luke likes her. A simple conversation could have cleared all of that up, but instead we get over 200 pages of pining, so so much pining. I loved it.

In Vada I found the talented, determined girl I wish I had been in high school. In Luke I found the sweet, shy, honorable boy I wish there had been more of in high school. They bond over a love of music,
Katelyn  White
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC received via publisher.

Beautiful. Magnificent. Would hop in front of a bus if it meant I got more of these babies. Jesus. JEEEEEESUS. good God almighty who -- how -- Luke has completely stollen my heart.

You’re NOT going to want to miss out on this young adult romance. Vada is everything I wish I was in high school & Luke is......good god. Luke is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Peter K move aside, and make some much needed room for Luke Greenly. Lovers of Jenny Han's To All The
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Sick Kids in Love
  • How to Speak Boy
  • Jane Anonymous
  • Don't Read the Comments
  • Lobizona (Wolves of No World, #1)
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)
  • The Mall
  • The Night Swim
  • Foul Is Fair (Foul Is Fair #1)

Erin started writing her own books when her little sister gave her shade about a country music-themed Twilight fanfic. By day, she gets to share her favorite stories with her elementary students. By night, she writes swoons. Erin married her own YA love interest whom she met on her first day of college and has two kids who are much, much cooler than she ever was at their age. She lives in