Start by marking “The Other Tide” as Want to Read:
The Other Tide

The Other Tide

Dr. Samantha ‘Sam’ Smith and Luke Jansen have gotten under each other’s skins since they met 10 years ago on the Royal Australian Naval base. They never thought they’d see each other again until their love of sharks brought them back together, giving their competitive and stubborn natures another chance to clash.

Sam, marine biologist and shark specialist, recently landed h
Published August 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Other Tide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Other Tide

Start your review of The Other Tide
Carvanz
Holy heck! This was a freaking amazing read! It has absolutely everything you could want in an enemies-to-lovers story and if you’re a shark week fan, this is going to totally push you over the edge of fandom!

Ten years ago, Sam met Luke, a cocky, arrogant navy diver that rubbed her competitive nature in such a way she hasn’t been able to forget him. Just as she’s preparing to begin two years of research on the mating habits of the great white shark, she learns he will be along for the ride. Havi
T.L. Martin
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fairly fast-paced read with a delicious hero, fun banter, and great chemistry.

My husband is terrified of sharks, comically so, and the fact made this book that much more enjoyable for me ;) I really enjoyed the setting and all the shark facts packed inside, and that it was delivered in a natural, engaging way that didn't overshadow the story or romance. I also admire the purpose behind it and hope this sheds some light on the importance of sharks and why they deserve protection.

As for the hero,
Smut Report
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Review also available at The Smut Report.

Heat Factor: Moderate

Character Chemistry: The best thing about this book

Plot: We are studying Great White sharks because they are the coolest!

Overall:

I’ll be honest here, I picked up this book solely because I figured it would give me an opportunity to use a bunch of Sharknado gifs.

How could you not want this?!?!?!

However, there is a distinct lack of shark attack drama, probably because Spade is a responsible author who does not want to perpetuate the urban legend that sharks are evil
Jacinta - Aussie Book Nook
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this Author and let me tell you it will definitely not be my last.
This book had me giggling in parts, I'm not even going to say about what. You just have to read and if you are Australian let me tell you it is brilliant!
The Australian colloquialisms were perfectly done as well! I can't tell you how many books I've read where the author goes clichè.
I loved the dynamic between Sam and Luke.
This was a funny enemies to lovers romance, with the perfect amount
Jade Wiseman
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ILOVESHARKS!!!

Looooved this book! I feel like I know so much more about sharks!! Haha the romance part of the book was great! I love that he obviously always liked her but she was too feisty and stubborn to realise it!
The writing was brilliant and I'm looking forward to reading more or your work! 😁
Amelia Foster
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, let me be upfront and admit I am a big fan of Shark Week on The Animal Planet so I was kind of tickled pink to see sharks featured front and center in this read. I also want to take this opportunity to just draw attention to a really important detail, Ms. Spade has a note listed at the end of her blurb, “A portion of all proceeds will be donated to shark and ocean conservation.” This is a lovely sentiment and a great reason to grab a copy of this book ASAP knowing your money is going to a ...more
QueenOfBooks88
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was brilliant, a enemies to lovers trope. The hilarious banter between Sam & Luke makes this a heartwarmingly funny thoroughly enjoyable read! I'm a sucker for accents so given its Australia Vs America it was a battle of the pronunciations 😊 it was equally interesting learning facts about sharks i wouldnt normally of known since i have a fear of deep water and them lol. Another fantasic book by this author and look forward to many more 😊 ...more
Georgia Tingley
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
TRUE BLUE ENEMIES TO LOVERS STORY

I love the dynamics between the two main characters, Sam and Luke. Their witty repartee and banter was laugh out loud at times. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it was fast paced and fun. A great summer read ... but not at the beach!
Aimee Ann
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Other Tide is a stunning piece of romantic comedy literature that enthralled, entertained, and enchanted me from the very beginning! Everything about this romantic comedy was beautiful, funny, but also poignant; the characters, as well as the incredible literature courtesy of the excellent Carly Spade, made me fall in love with this book. So if you are looking to read a book that will grasp your attention from the first page and hold it throughout, then already, I would implore you lovely re ...more
M.J. Bavis
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sharks. It’s been a while—okay, never—that I last read a romance novel with the big fish. Hence, going into the book my knowledge of sharks amounted to Jaws.

The Other Tide was far less bloody.

Shark specialist Samantha ‘Sam’ Smith scores the job of her dreams—located in Australia, tagging sharks, filming them mating… Who wouldn’t want a piece of that? Of course, every silver lining has a dark, rain-filled centre, and in this case, it comes in the form of Luke ‘Also-Into-Sharks’ Jansen—Sam’s deca
Jessa
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A contemporary romance with a few twists! Or one main twist, sharks - in Australia. It doesn’t veer too heavily into science but it does give enough information to help you better understand the species and what the main characters are trying to accomplish with their research. It has facts but it’s always light (as opposed to bogged down) when giving tidbits. On the romance side, it’s a fun take on an enemies to lovers relationship. I loved their shared history and dynamic, it was entertaining t ...more
C. Lymari
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Enemies to lovers are one of my favorite and the way Carly tells the story was very unique. I can't say I ever read about sharks, so I loved the fact that I got to learn so much from this. The chemistry between Sam and Luke was hot. I was waiting for that sizzling moment to go BOOM. And it didn't disappoint. Can't wait to see what Ms. Carly writes nex ...more
Remy Marie
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT

From the first chapter I was hooked! I highly recommend. I loved the characters and this book was well written. Five stars!
Lyndsey Gallagher
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A shark invested love story which I enjoyed from start to finish!
Danalynn Donovan
I absolutely loved everything about this book! Great White sharks are my favorite animal, and The Other Tide is full of wonderful insights into this amazing species! I love the Will They, Won't They back and forth between the two main characters, and I love how it all worked out in the end.

The writing in this novel is excellent... I didn't notice any typos, and the story draws you in and holds you tight. There is one very explicit sex scene that I was surprised went into so much detail -- someti
Wendi Wilson
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and swoonworthy

I loved it right from the very start. Sam it's spunky and smart, and Luke is absolutely yummy. The shark expedition makes a fun and interesting backdrop to this romance, and the build up to Sam and Luke's eventual relationship is perfectly paced with the right amount of tension.
Highly recommend this one!!
Judy Ferrell
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let's hunt sharks!

Once again Carly Spade have brought us romance and adventure in her own style. She takes us shark hunting and shows us love at its best. An easy read for days that have gotten you down. This book will brighten you right back up.
A.M. Gilliam
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a sweet story!

I loved this story! I learned quite a bit about sharks and it was filled with love, humor and a bit of sexiness. I will definitely be reading more from this brilliant author ❤️❤️
Jordan
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I freaking loved this! I adore anything to do with sharks (despite them being my biggest fear) and I love romance novels. So this combined two of my favorite things! Such a fun read.
Also looked into who Luke was inspired by and that element just made this story even more meaningful!
Kryst Ashly
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this story!

This was a sweet enemies to lovers romance. Extremely well researched with a great message behind it. Loved this book and would definitely recommend it to any Shark Week lover! This was a great way to pass the day, snuggled up on the couch.
Lili Grouse
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As a fan of shark movies in all its forms, I really enjoyed the underwater scenes. The characters were likeable and I enjoyed the enemies-to-lovers storyline.
Sam
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Samantha Smith, also known as Sam, was recently able to get her dream job as a marine biologist who specializes in sharks. However, when she is invited to an expedition by her mentor, her mentor had also invited another shark expert. What she was not counting for was the fact that she knew the shark expert and has an interesting history with him too. Sam and Luke Jansen, the shark expert, has been having a competitive streak ever since they met each other 10 years ago but Sam thought that she wo ...more
Reads A-Lot
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Sam was a shark researcher with a fancy Biology degree and bodacious body. When an opportunity to join an expedition comes up, she jumps on it. The last person she expected to see was the same cocky bastard she’d hope to forget. The boat suddenly didn’t seem big enough.

Story is simple with a steady rhythm, and delves into great knowledge about sharks and sea-diving. It’s a tumbling life at sea! The schematics regarding the expedition and the scientific research were a little confusing at times.
Angela Cairns
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Will they, Won’t they? And is it safe to go back into the water?
Two strong, relatable main characters - she, smart and academic, he, intriguing and unusual. Add some superb coastal settings, a mission, a baddy with no integrity, and enjoy. A great rom-com but with enough content to keep my interest all the way through
Paula
yaeic
rated it it was ok
Nov 23, 2020

• Atlas Memorial: Love, Lust & Saving Lives
  • Brody's Redemption (Small Town Scandals #1)
  • Man of My Dreams (Sherring Cross, #1)
  • Love in the Stacks (Love in New Bedford, #2)
  • The Anti-Boyfriend
  • The Worst Best Man
  • The Darkest Temptation (Made #3)
  • Protecting What's Mine
  • Quarantine
  • Highlander Most Wanted (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #2)
  • The Prize
  • Surrender (MacKinnon’s Rangers,  #1)
  • IOU
  • My Friend Nick
  • Separate Beds
  • Saving Grace
  • Code Name: Rook (Jameson Force Security, #6)
  • The Matrimonial Advertisement (Parish Orphans of Devon, #1)
An adult romance writer who has been writing since she could pick up a pencil. After the insanity of obtaining a bachelor’s and master’s degree in cybersecurity, creating worlds to escape to still ate at her very soul. She started writing FanFiction (which can still be found if you scour the internet 😉 ), and soon felt the need to get her original ideas on paper. And so the adventure began.

She liv