Start by marking “How to Ride a Dragon's Storm (How to Train Your Dragon, #7)” as Want to Read:
How to Ride a Dragon's Storm (How to Train Your Dragon, #7)

How to Ride a Dragon's Storm

(How to Train Your Dragon #7)

THE STORY CONTINUES in the seventh volume of Hiccup's How to Train Your Dragon memoirs ...Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III was an awesome sword-fighter, a dragon-whisperer and the greatest Viking Hero who ever lived. But it wasn't always like that. Hiccup's memoirs look back to when Hiccup was just an ordinary boy, and finding it very hard to be a Hero. Hiccup has three month ...more
Published September 1st 2008 (first published August 26th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about How to Ride a Dragon's Storm, please sign up.
Jessica Technically yes. There is a Dream Works movie called How to Train Your Dragon, and even a squeal called How to Train Your Dragon 2. (both of which are…moreTechnically yes. There is a Dream Works movie called How to Train Your Dragon, and even a squeal called How to Train Your Dragon 2. (both of which are my favorite Dream Works movies.) Yes, they are both different from the books, but since when are both the books and the movie adaptation exactly the same anyway. (less)

Brigid ✩
Okay so it took me months and months to finish this, mostly because I've been terrible at reading lately and I keep reading like ten books at once and not finishing any of them. BUT I finally finished this––hooray! This was definitely one of the stronger books in the series so far––a lot of action and adventure, very exciting and fun. And the illustrations are very cute.

Also the epilogues of these books are always so well-written and emotional, a;dlfja;sdjf.

I believe the last book in the series
Deborah Pickstone
Further adventures of Hiccup, Fishlegs, Camicazi and Toothless. Back on track with this one!
Erin
"And at night, as they slept, their dreaming minds drew maps of America, and each map of this paradise-on-earth was drawn according to their own desires."

This is just such a fantastic idea. It was a small moment in the book, but I couldn't stop thinking about it-- if you were journeying to a strange land, one that you knew nothing about and yet expected to love, your expectations would simply be a reflection of your deepest desires. In this installment, Hiccup and his friends are kidnapped by No
Ruthie
Feb 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I know I'm an adult reading kids books, but I can't help it! There are so many kids books that weren't out there when I was a kid, and they are a great way to keep in touch with your inner child.

Cressida Cowell's "How to Train Your Dragon" series is one of my favorite children's series these days, and "How to Ride a Dragon's Storm" is no exception. It seemed a little longer to me than the last few books have been, and it was worth every page.

The Viking's are having a friendly swimming competit
Abigail
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhhhhh
Keturah Lamb
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*listened to audiobook*

Love how this book came full circle ;) also lots of hints to make me curious for future books!

Love FishLegs in this book!!!!
Sophia
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
" you have the mental capacity of a jellyfish with a lobotomy"

If nothing else, you really learn how to offend ppl in creative ways while reading. XD
King Haddock
This book series could be described as Beowulf mashed with A Prairie Home Companion for Vikings.

It has cheeky, entertaining, succinct descriptions such as we might expect from Garrison Keillor (take, for instance, page 13, Stoick's description: "He was built in the traditional Viking mold: six-and-a-half feet tall, belly like a battleship, eyebrows blowing in the breeze like a couple of large hamsters doing cartwheels.").

It has wild, dramatic stories carried on by entertaining ironies, tying to
Denae Christine
Reader thoughts: I keep thinking I can predict the ends for these books, or even the middles. I can't. Despite CC liberally planting foreshadowing and plot clues, I am surprised every time. Well, maybe surprised for 80% of what unfolds. It's still amazing.

I love that Hiccup is growing up a little. He's now about 12 1/2. I love that he learns something new in this book, that he decides what sort of chief he's going to be.

I love the Viking version of a swim race. It's perfect and so totally fits t
GuineaPigFalconer
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is the first book in the series that has seemed really good, more mature, and a beginning for deeper things to come. A lot of world development went down in this book, and I am eager to see how the whole story will begin to weave together, as Alvin the Treacherous rises from certain death once more.
Yami
Jun 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

as usual LOVED it, this series is really something big disguised under the skin of tiny toothless Dragon,
as a reader who is waaaaaaay above the target age, I have to admit it is highly entertaining, it is becoming my new guilty pleasure to read this series and TRULY enjoy it. I even caught myself reacting at the Q at the end of the books, and shouting "YES,why is that??"
BUT, if I ever put my feet in a parent's shoes, I wont recommend it for age below 11, it is harsh, and have some cruel jokes a
Sophia
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hiccup and his friends, Fishlegs and Camaicazi, end up being trapped on a boat, heading to the mysterious, fabled land of America! They try to survive being surrounded by a people that call themselves the Hysterics and their leader, Norbert the Nutjob. While back at Berk, a deal is being struck between three tribes on whether the three Heroes will actually come back. It is an interesting story line but it is starting to get kind of repetitive on how the Heroes juuust make it back in time, or juu ...more
Kristen
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I write this every time--but I love this series. It's full of humor and adventure and fun while addressing things like friendship, bravery, and leadership. Hiccup really grows up in this one, and finally accepts the fact that he will one day be Chief of the Hooligans. We don't get the doubt from Stoick in this one, which was a welcome change--you'd think after all the times Hiccup has been successful (in his own way), Stoick would start having some faith in him. Not a lot of Toothless in ...more
Matt
Feb 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, young-adult
By far the darkest of the seven thus far. Big-Boobied Bertha is only sparingly used for comic relief, lots of people die, and water runs red with the blood of lost vikings. Still, it's a kid's book - but this was the first in the series I could see potentially giving this favorite nephew nightmares. Definitely feel my attention for this series beginning to wane...

[3 stars for attempting to become something a little more mature, while still keeping kids at the heart of the whole adventure. Not so
Davis
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After a poor sixth book, Cowell got right back on track with the seventh book in this weird yet addictive series. Uproariously funny, with a cutting edge of action and suspense.
Beatrice
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maricarmen Estrada M
I loved this book as all the other from this wonderful series. Another fun story full of adventures, the funniest and evil villains.
Hiccup, Fishlegs, and Camicazi were sailing to America without their consent, and during their quest they met slaves, an ancient dragon, and were able to save their lives and their tribe.
I enjoy Cowell’s writing very much. Here’s a little bit of the heartwarming epilogue which I loved:
“Again and again I have been on Quests that I thought were for one thing and tur
Caleb Block
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great continuation to the How to Train Your Dragon series! I was not disappointed. It still has hilarious illustrations, entertaining Toothless moments, new dragons, and crazy action scenes, not to mention quite a few plot twists - like the return of Norbert the Nutjob. Hiccup, Fishlegs, and Camicazi really have got into serious trouble this time - they're being taken to America when they are supposed to be winning a almost impossible swim race. I can't even imagine how I hadn't read thi ...more
McKenzie Dean
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How to Ride a Dragon’s Storm is the quintessential Viking adventure, and I loved every moment of it. Hiccup, Fishlegs, and Camicazi are quickly stealing my heart and I have a feeling they’ll only continue to steal more of it as I finish reading the series. The situations these three find themselves in on a consistent basis are laughably ridiculous, but I still love them.
Aleta
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Really good.
Doss
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked it but her other ones were better but I still liked it alot! And the wonders were cool and baby bare was cute but his grandma was creepy! I like how she has unsuspected moments. That's why I really like her books a lot! And I really love fishlegs and Alvin but I don't know if Alvin is in this book. One thing I also really like about this book is the swimming contest and the way she made Hiccup win
Xandy
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
David Tennant is amazingly talented!!
Anna
Sep 23, 2017 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anna by: Hiccup series
** performed by David Tennant
app 4.5 hrs
Anna ~"One need not fight every battle, or die in the struggle, to be a hero" MV~
Just as good as all the others have been- hilarious!
Victoria
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I kept getting distracted at work and I missed bits, but I'm glad it deals with slavery and the inhumanity of it.
Isabela Ueda
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm glad to know there are people like the author that can use all their creativity and intelligence to entertain others. I had real fun reading this book, as the other ones I'd read from the "saga". Also, I always enjoy pretty much the endings of the stories, when Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, already an old man, shares his words of kindness and tells in a more adult perspective how he remembers and feel his memories.
Thais Pampado
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love how each book in this series can be different yet always be so fun to read. How to Ride a Dragon's Storm was full of adventures and I think it was my favorite in the series so far :)
Rachel
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook, children-s
We listened to this audiobook as a family and enjoyed it. 4/5
Janell
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This youth series is really quite cute but the real fun is listening on audio! Great narrator. :)
Imo
Oct 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is my favourite Hiccup adventure. This one really appeals to me.
The Dragon's Lair: How to Ride a Dragon's Storm 1 1 Apr 21, 2013 07:16AM

• How to Train Your Dragon: The Chapter Book
  • Black Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #3)
  • Revenge of the Dragon Lady (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #2)
  • The Sandman and the War of Dreams (The Guardians, #4)
  • Gauge (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #2)
  • The Dragon Diary (Dragonology Chronicles, #2)
  • Other Worlds
  • Alien on a Rampage (Intergalactic Bed and Breakfast, #2)
  • Corby Flood (Far-Flung Adventures, #2)
  • Rise of the Guardians Movie Novelization
  • The Dragon in the Library (Dragon Keepers, #3)
  • Jay: Ninja of Lightning (Ninjago Chapter Books, #4)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Triad of Finity (Oliver Nocturne, #6)
  • Showdown with the Shepherd (Imagination Station, #5)
  • Doctor Who: The Day of the Troll
  • The Dragonlord's Heir (The Ascalon Trilogy, #1)
  • Flight Of The Quetzalcoatlus (Dinosaur Cove, #4)
Cressida Cowell grew up in London and on a small, uninhabited island off the west coast of Scotland. She was convinced that there were dragons living on this island, and has been fascinated by dragons ever since. She has a BA in English Literature from Oxford University, a BA in Graphic Design from St Martin's and an MA in Narrative Illustration from Brighton. Cressida loves illustrating her own w ...more

How to Train Your Dragon (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • How to Train Your Dragon (How to Train Your Dragon, #1)
  • How to Be a Pirate (How to Train Your Dragon, #2)
  • How to Speak Dragonese (How to Train Your Dragon, #3)
  • How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse (How to Train Your Dragon, #4)
  • How to Twist a Dragon's Tale (How to Train Your Dragon, #5)
  • A Hero's Guide to Deadly Dragons (How to Train Your Dragon, #6)
  • How to Break a Dragon's Heart (How to Train Your Dragon, #8)
  • How to Steal a Dragon's Sword (How to Train Your Dragon, #9)
  • How to Seize a Dragon's Jewel (How to Train Your Dragon, #10)
  • How to Betray a Dragon's Hero (How to Train Your Dragon, #11)
“Always sailing, sailing, sailing...never quite reaching.” 19 likes
“Det är en sak att stiga i land på en ny kontinent under pompa och ståt, från ett stort och tungt beväpnat fartyg, med gåvor och bytesvaror och god mat. Att däremot anlända mer eller mindre naken, obeväpnad, försvarslös och utan minsta gåva, är en helt annan sak, nåt som alla stackars flyktingar genom historien kan intyga.” 0 likes