Start by marking “Starring Tracy Beaker (Tracy Beaker, #3)” as Want to Read:
Starring Tracy Beaker (Tracy Beaker, #3)

Starring Tracy Beaker

(Tracy Beaker #3)

Tracy Beaker is back . . . and she's just desperate for a role in her school play. They're performing A Christmas Carol and for one extremely worrying moment, the irrepressible Tracy thinks she might not even get to play one of the unnamed street urchins. But then she is cast in the main role. Can she manage to act grumpy, difficult and sulky enough to play Ebeneezer ...more
Published October 5th 2006 by Doubleday Childrens (first published October 1st 2006)

Start your review of Starring Tracy Beaker (Tracy Beaker, #3)
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Who else liked reading/watching Tracy Beaker every single day after school? This girl!

Starring Tracy Beaker is my favourite book in the series. It follows Tracy, who learns that her school is putting on a Christmas production of A Christmas Carol. She is determined to get a part, as she wants to show her famous Mum that she can act. When she gets the lead role of Scrooge, things start to get a little out of control, as her behaviour drastically changes. I loved the original Dickens classic,
Hannah
Jun 24, 2014 rated it liked it
I re-read this book recently because I love Jacqueline Wilson and I thought I'd re-read all of my old books whilst awaiting some new books to arrive. Jacqueline was my idol and I adored every single one of her books growing up, so I knew that I would enjoy this.

Tracy Beaker is the most famous character in Jacqueline Wilson's books. She has a movie adaptation, a series and even an ongoing spinoff set of series' just from Tracy's story. Tracy is loud, aggressive and most of all: she lives in care.
Laura87
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jacqueline Wilson (named the Children’s Laureate 2005 – 2007) continues her string of successful children’s books by introducing one about a young girl called Tracy Beaker.
‘Starring Tracy Beaker’ is not the first book written by Wilson that stars this young character. Tracy Beaker has become a popular story book series worldwide and has also become a successful hit TV show.

Tracy Beaker, while still living in the care home for looked after children (as she calls it, the ‘dumping ground’)
Amy
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Cam was still browsing in the fiction, her nose in a book, her whole expression one of yearning. I knew she couldn’t afford all the books she wanted. She saids he often spent ten or twenty minutes in the shop reading a book before putting it back reluctantly. Once she’d even marked her place with a bus ticket so she could sidle back the next day – and the next and the next and the next – until she’d finished the whole story”

SYNOPSIS:
Tracy is back, and is just the same. Wild, free,
Eve beinguniquebooks
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cheeky Tracy is still up to her usual mischief of getting into trouble but also having fun as she is set to play Scrooge in her schools play. With her heart set on her mum coming and seeing her perform, she practises with Cam and even goes Christmas shopping for gifts for her mum.

Only at school when wound up by Justine, she finds herself in a fight and getting axed from the play!

As Tracy is so upset, we see how she comes with her punishment for misbehaving whilst also finding the error of her
Annabel
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Dame Jacqueline Wilson (a very deserved title!) is, in my opinion, the best contemporary children's writer. She writes perfectly, in content, theme, style and accessibility for children from aged 6 to 13 (ish - of course this varies among children). She writes flawlessly for children, I could not find a single fault.

She is never patronizing and introduces young people to important life issues such as love, poverty, friendship, adolescence, separated parents, illnesses and so much more, in a
Ella
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very Good! Some points were a bit confusing but I would encourage you too read it! :)
Sandy
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Olivia has enjoyed this Tracey Beaker book after discovering the Tv version xx
Mia  Bakhthiar
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
My favourite from Jacqueline Wilson. Tracy Beaker was the girl that everyone at that age wanted to befriend. She's stubby, funny and cute. This book is my childhood wrapped up in a bundle of pages.
Felicity
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I bought this because a new book is being released Called "My Mum Tracy Beaker" and I realised I have never read this one.

This book takes place in the dumping ground between the end of the first book and the end of the second book. Tracy has an ambition of performing a main part in the school play and really wants her mum to see her show.

I enjoyed this and thought it was good addition to the Tracy Beaker story. The other two books were childhood favourites and Jacqueline Wilson was one of the
يمامة
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is quite good actually.I liked that the writer shows how Tracy acts most of the time like a total pain but sometimes when nobody is seeing she gets her emotions out.It really touched my heart because I felt she is describing me maybe most of us because after all we all show ourselves strong and no-caring people cuz this is life you must play hard but then whenever we have the chance we show our real selves. I liked Tracy so much and I liked how Cam was such an understanding person I think ...more
Jono Mcdermott
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really regret being peer-pressured out of reading these books as a young boy, because I connect with the character so much. Tracy is the dreamer in us all, and the inner voice of frustration at the world. She is also the epitomatic unreliable narrator, casting doubt on whether reality really is as true as we take it. But as closure, she does to a degree come to terms with reality, so that by the end, she and we come to appreciate her situation as a dream come true in its own way.
I strangely
Shahrun
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Festive shenanigans are the order of the day with Tracy Beaker and the crew at the Dumping Ground. Tracy’s usually bulldozer style of getting what she wants (starring in the nativity play at school) leads to some very funny situations. But is she any good? Love the illustrations by Nick Sharratt, why can’t adult books have them too!
Poppy
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I actually thought I would hate this book as I cannot stand the TV show. However, when I read this book, my perspective changed immediately. This book is amazing in every way possible. It is a truly magical book by Jacqueline Wilson.
Freya
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing, one of my favourite Jacqueline Wilson books.
Caitlin
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved re-reading yet another Jacqueline Wilson book from my childhood. Still as amazing as I remember it to be!
Darcey
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good and funny! ...more
Rosie
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A childhood re read
Zo
Dec 12, 2019 added it
You guessed it. The beakers back and shes in for the leading role
Kat Weatherwax
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this one after the story of Tracy beaker, and before dare game if you want to read the series chronologically
Rifai Habibie
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really love this book. It got me a lot of feeling. very heart-warming
Chloe Thomas
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
I read this book when I was about 10 and I absolutely loved it and couldn't put it down and after about an hour and a half I come to realize that I had finished the book and wanted to read it again. So I did just that.

I have rated this a 2 star book only because I am now 16 and no longer have an interest in that young of books but I would highly recommended to any young readers.
Patrick Sherriff
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-the-kiddies
So it's a bit right-on, our heroine is an abandoned child and she's chosen to play Scrouge in the school play, but it's pretty good children's fiction. Kept my young-un enthralled at bedtime until dropping off (after about two pages in every night), and I found myself reading on just to see what would happen next. Quite clever but never condescending and justice of course is done.
Mothwing
Can Tracy behave well enough to keep her role as Scrooge in the Christmas play? Can her friends help where when she fails? And will her Mum come to see her?

I feel pathetically sorry for Tracy, though I also have a very soft spot for Cam. I can't believe the things she puts up with, and I'm very sorry that we never meet her girlfriend. Come on, she IS queer, right? Right?
Henry
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
A good addition to the Tracy Beaker series, especially following the below-par (in my opinion) The Dare Game. However, you should note that, chronologically, this is the second book in the series - the events of The Dare Game happen after this book.
minhhai
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another exciting story about our extraordinarily talented Tracy Beaker (a famous writer, actress and musician ... in future) starring the most difficult role, Scrooge, in the play "Christmas Carol" of the school. All characters are extremely cute, behave so naturally as if it is a true story. The story is embedded with many educational situations revealing kids' psychology.
Imani
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favs
Starring Tracy Beaker is the ultimate book from Jacqueline Wilson, it is about a feisty, talkative, cheeky ten year old wanna-be actress, Tracy. But besides her roughness she has a kind heart for her Dearest foster mother, Camilla, formally known as Cam. But even more than Cam, she is lyrically obsessed with the dreams of her mother visiting her. See the next adventure in THE DARE GAME!
Gary
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fun-reads
The things I have to read sometimes in my job! Pretty awful stuff, actually. Though it is hard not to be moved by the plight of someone cast into care because their mother is unfit to look after them.
Hilda
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Tracy Beaker will do anything for her mum to come to her school play, she wants to follow in her mum's footsteps in "movie stardom" as she is the main character in the play "A Christmas Carol" ; however things may not go as planned. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, quite easy to read and fun.
Akshay Narayanan
Feb 22, 2016 rated it liked it
The third part in the Tracy Beaker series traces Tracy through her life in the new school. Tracy has been selected to play the part of Ebenezer Scrooge in the school play and traces the challenges she faces as she goes about learning the role. An interesting read
« previous 1 3 next »

• Scarlett
  • Don’t Tell Teacher
  • The 117-Story Treehouse: Dots, Plots & Daring Escapes!
  • Ghoster
  • The Girl Next Door
  • The Gorgeous Georgians (Horrible Histories)
  • The Awesome Egyptians
  • The USA (Horrible Histories Special)
  • The Slimy Stuarts (Horrible Histories)
  • Last Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #6)
  • Dates, Double Dates and Big, Big Trouble (Ally's World, #2)
  • Tom Gates: Super Good Skills (Almost...)
  • The Cut-Throat Celts
  • Ottoline Goes to School (Ottoline, #2)
  • Through the Wall
  • Počkám tu na teba
  • Funnybones
  • The World’s Worst Children
Jacqueline Wilson was born in Bath in 1945, but spent most of her childhood in Kingston-on-Thames. She always wanted to be a writer and wrote her first ‘novel’ when she was nine, filling in countless Woolworths’ exercise books as she grew up. As a teenager she started work for a magazine publishing company and then went on to work as a journalist on Jackie magazine (which she was told was named ...more

Tracy Beaker (6 books)
  • The Story of Tracy Beaker (Tracy Beaker, #1)
  • The Dare Game (Tracy Beaker, #2)
  • Tracy Beaker's Thumping Heart (Tracy Beaker, #4)
  • Ask Tracy Beaker and Friends (Tracy Beaker, #5)
  • My Mum Tracy Beaker