Start by marking “When You Wish Upon a Rogue (Debutante Diaries, #3)” as Want to Read:
When You Wish Upon a Rogue (Debutante Diaries, #3)

(Debutante Diaries #3)

She knows what she wants.
Miss Sophie Kendall is happiest arranging the secret meetings of the Debutante Underground, a group of women who come together to discuss the weekly advice column The Debutante’s Revenge. What makes Sophie most unhappy is her impending march down the aisle to a man she does not love. But her family’s finances are in increasingly dire straits.

He mak
Mass Market Paperback, 321 pages
Published May 26th 2020 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about When You Wish Upon a Rogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When You Wish Upon a Rogue

Start your review of When You Wish Upon a Rogue (Debutante Diaries, #3)
Addie H
NB: ARC review – expected publication May 26th 2020

(Tropes: Mistaken Identity, Forbidden Love, Work Relationship-ish, Love Triangle)

Feeling pressured to save her family from financial ruin, Sophie has resigned herself to marry money without love, but doing the right thing becomes increasingly difficult when she meets the tortured and penniless Reese.

description

*****
- “I won’t hurt you. I won’t violate your rules. But you can be damned sure that I’m going to take anything you’re willing to give me.”
*****

I
Amy Imogene Reads

Happy Publication Day!

Sometimes you just need a Regency romance... This was a cute and enchanting read, with more fairy tale elements than steamy scenes.

Memorable?: ★★★
Pacing: ★★★
Characters: ★★★★

Miss Sophie Kendall, organizer of the feminist group the Debutante Underground, has a few problems. Her family is one step above financial ruin, her father is a drunk, and her family has given her an ultimatum: she must marry, he must be rich, and it must be quick.

Now, in a deviation from one o
Jultri
2.75/5. This book didn't work for me on so many levels.

Plot summary. He is an insomniac, cantankerous earl, who recently came into his title following the death of his brother, forcing Reese (a major) to reluctantly abandon his war duties and the men under his command and return to to England to fulfil his ancestral obligations. Sophie is being pressured into accepting the marital proposal of a marquess, whose wealth holds the key to getting her family out of the dire financial sinkhole that he
Becky
I ADORED this book. LOVED it. I started it when I should have been sleeping and instead stayed up half the night reading 70% of it. I have never tried this author but oh she has climbed quickly up my next to read list for more.

This is book 3 in the series and can be read as a standalone. The heroines from the previous 2 books are in this story, but just briefly and you can easily grasp the story and their friendship without reading them prior to this.

Reese is the hero. It has almost a beauty an
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved the hero. He started off grumpy and grouchy but ended up sweet, romantic and kind. The heroine was sweet and it was nice to see her come into her own. This was a sweet story and I enjoyed it very much.
Melanie
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
When You Wish Upon a Rogue was a fantastic read featuring a romance between a woman being forced to marry to save her family and a man haunted by his past.

Miss Sophie Kendall looks forward to her secret meetings with the Debutante Underground every week. The meetings are a great escape from her impending marriage to a man she doesn't love in order to save her family from ruin. When Sophie is looking at an abandoned property for space to expand the meetings, she meets Henry Reese, Earl of Warshir
Kimberly
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 stars - Reviewed for Wit and Sin

When You Wish Upon a Rogue is incredibly sweet without ever becoming saccharine. Anna Bennett’s third Debutante Diaries installment has a gorgeous setting with some fairytale elements that easily captured my interest, so when you add in such likeable characters as Sophie and Reese it’s easy to see why I fell into this story with such ease.

By all outward appearances, Sophie Kendall is the proper society miss. She says and does what she should and witho
Cyndi
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book! Our heroine is in charge of a secret society of women who meet to learn about all the things society doesn't want them to know. They support each other and give each other sounding boards for the many woes women of the Regency Period experienced.
Unfortunately she will have to step down as the leader of the group since she is being forced to marry. It seems her father has made some money mistakes and she must save the family through marriage. But., before the fateful d
MichellemyBelle
***ARC provided by St. Martin's Press in exchange for an honest review***

This was a fair enough distraction for a day or two read. Regency Romances tend to follow the same mode, which is what makes it such a decadent appeal to many. We absolutely know how it all ends, and just sit and wait for those feels to hit. I enjoyed the angst, the push and pull of it all once the heroine meets her soulmate. Sophie has an edge to her, she has a secret story, a secret side that she cannot reveal. That was a
Debby*BabyDee
"When You Wish Upon a Rogue" is the third book in the Debutante Diaries Series. Although I am jumping around Ms. Bennett's series, I am finding this still new to me author's stories devine and very nice to read. A nice title and lovely cover.

Miss Sophie Kendall runs a Debutante Underground meeting place where females from all classes meet to discuss men. The unfortunate part for her is that she has run out of room due to the popularity of the meetings. She finds a vacant shop owned by Henry Rees
Aly
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5

Miss Sophie Kendall is one of the founders of the Debutante Underground, a group of women from different class who meet one time a week, to discuss all kind of topics they can't alk about in society. Her two best friends are happily married now and Sophie wants to marry for love and enjoy one more season but she knows that her family's lack of fortune will probably ruins her chance of following her dreams. In fact, her parents already found her a husband but Sophie is not quite bethroted beca
Janet Newport
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2021-reads, netgalley
Thank you NetGalley and St Martin's Press for this arc.
I have found most historical romances of this period usually start with some sort of contrived premise story line and mostly I'm okay with that. But the ridiculousness of this one was too much for me. I read on, hoping the characters would overcome. Initially, I found Sophie and Reese somewhat intriguing, but as I read on they started to wear on me. Sophie was just "too sweet" and Reese was just "too too"
Overall, it was a predictable read wi
Carole Burant
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reese is the type of hero that you just want to hold tight in your arms and never let go. Wow, what a story this was, my emotions got so involved and I'm not ashamed to admit I broke down crying a few times!

Sophie agrees to help Reese overcome his insomnia in exchange for the use of the abandoned shop he owns for her secret meetings with the Debutante Underground group. Her kindness, compassion and innocence are a soothing balm to Reese's tortured soul. They meet once a week to spend the night
Elodie
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Debutante Diaries Novel series #3
Anna Bennett
Release date 05/26/2020
Publisher St Martin’s Paperbacks

Blurb :

Once upon a time in Anna Bennett's When You Wish Upon a Rogue, three young ladies vowed to record their first London seasons and to fill in the gaps of their educations.

She knows what she wants.

Barbara Rogers
May 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Series: Debutante Diaries #3
Publication Date: 5/26/20
Number of Pages: 320

Sophie Kendall is the last unmarried member of the original group of friends who agreed to keep diaries sharing their experiences of their seasons. Her friends Fiona (First Earl I See Tonight) and Lily (The Duke Is But a Dream) have both found love and marriage, but that doesn’t appear to be an option for Sophie. Her family is on the brink of destitution, and they expect her to marry Charles, a wealthy marquess who has agre
Jane
May 23, 2020 rated it liked it
3 stars

You can read all of my reviews at https://www.NerdGirlLovesBooks.com.

This was a cute, but predictable, fluffy romance that brings together a young socialite and a haunted Earl. It's the third book in the series, but the first one that I've read and can be read as a stand-alone.

Sophie Kendall loves nothing more than to arrange the weekly meeting of the Debutante Underground, a secret society of women that gather to discuss love, life, and the weekly advice column, The Debutante’s Revenge,
Stacee
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had enjoyed the previous books in the series and I was excited to get to Sophie’s story.

I’ve liked Sophie from the start. She’s sweet and loyal and quietly feisty. Reese is struggling with PTSD and desperately wants sleep, among other things. Together they have an easy connection and a lovely friendship that evolves organically.

Plot wise, it was good. There are a lot of sweet moments between the two of them (which is what I always want). The story is nearly all fluff as the conflict wasn’t r
Donna
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This author saved the best of the trilogy for last. The first 2 books were very good, but this one was hard to put down.

Miss Sophie Kendall monitors the meetings of a secret society of ladies who faithfully read The Debutante’s Revenge column in the paper. They call themselves The Debutante Underground and only discuss things in their group. Her best friends, Fiona and Lily, are behind the Debutante’s Revenge column and happily married to wonderful men. Sophie’s parents are insistent that she m
Rainelle
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I very rarely give books 5 stars when I’m giving a review for a book, but man... people I’m shaking my head. This book was DAMN GOOD!! Sorry for the explicit language. This book blew me away. It had passion.
It had romance. It had steamy hot characters coming together anywhere they felt like. And a surprisingly twist that I certainly did not see coming in the end. Reese the lead character, he could carry me away anywhere. Gosh, that man with his words and how the writer brought all his male masc
Maranda
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this series and author. Taboo of the times is women who might think for themselves and hold the control over their own destiny. Sophie Kendall finds herself at the mercy of having to marry to save her family from financial ruin. Knowing that she is trapped into this arrangements she wishes only for a few more weeks of freedom to indulge in the secret society of Debutante Revenge. Sophie and her two friends set this group up having a schedule that appears in the newspapers in article and gra ...more
Susan Peterson
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was so completely enchanted by this delicious story that I read it in one sitting! Sophie and Reese are incredibly endearing and charming, and they epitomize the idea of romance, devotion, and love.
Luz Trevino
Series: 3rd book in the Debutante Diaries
Rating: 5 stars!!

Thank you to the publisher for the ARC given through NetGalley for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

When You Wish Upon a Rogue was such an unexpected wonderful story! I loved it from start to finish. I wish I could experience it again for the first time. The story felt very unique to me. We have an Earl who because of his involvement in war and his new social status as the new Earl of Warshire can not sl
Dorine
Rated 3.5 - WHEN YOU WISH UPON A ROGUE by Anna Bennett is my introduction to this author’s talent, thanks to the publisher who sent me a copy. Even though it’s the third book in the DEBUTANTE DIARIES series, it was easy to read without prior knowledge of the first two books. It’s fun and entertaining with a great beginning.

The story starts off super cute with a spunky heroine who meets a dark, mysterious stranger. She’s innocent but just mischievous and brave enough to push forward into dark all
Molly
Mar 09, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a fun, improbable regency escape with witty, passionate characters and a mild twist at the end. All in all a lovely way to spend an afternoon, but slightly forgettable, compared to the previous books in the series. Recommend!
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
Sophie and Henry made my heart HAPPY!!!

This was one of those HR reads where you feel yourself transported to another time. I admired so much about Sophie - from her wit and ideas (which were ahead of her time) through to her kindness. And who doesn't love a damaged hero! Together they were just perfect.

This was a quick read for me and I absolutely loved it. Great pace, witty dialogue and a beautiful soft love story. Definitely recommend.

I received an arc of this book.
Candy Briggs
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Miss Sophie Kendall chairs the Debutante Underground. At the meetings, they discuss courting, desire, intimacy, and love. There are four rules that all who attend their meetings must agree to. They also have a newspaper column called Debutante's Revenge. Her father is an alcoholic and has put them in debt. So he has agreed to give Sophie to Lord Stanton as his bride. She does not love him but feels it is her duty to keep her father out of prison. Her mother keeps making excuses for him while her ...more
Melissa
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
"He moved behind her and slowly removed the handful of pins left in her hair, running his fingers through the honey-colored stands as he kissed the column of her neck."

Sophie and Henry were great characters. I felt captured with a feeling of sympathy for Sophie being forced to marry for the sake of saving her family. Henry was a tortured soul looking for peace that alluded him.
The story had a great flow and was a perfect HEA.

My only complaint was that although this book was set in the Regency e
Jessica Grogan
Mar 18, 2020 rated it liked it
An enjoyable enough way to spend a day or two, even if it’s nothing overly remarkable. This was an easy read but not going on my to read again list.
Heike
Sophie leads a group of women who secretly discuss taboo relationship subjects in a weekly meeting. When she is looking for a new location for these meetings she meets Reese, Earl of Warshire.
Reese has night mares upon returning from war, and she manages to sooth him enough to make him get a restful sleep. He seeks her out afterwards to offer her a deal: his abandoned shop for her use in exchange for her helping him find sleep.
Meanwhile a man she does not love is waiting for her to announce the
Cathleen
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
Love the cover!
Unfortunately, I didn't finish the book. Why?
The plot kept throwing in things I had a difficult time believing in, from the cross class women's group to the Earl spending time in an abandoned shop to get away. The language was dramatic, too much so for the circumstances and made it seem cheap. Maybe it was supposed to make me laugh?
Maybe I'm too much of a curmudgeon to enjoy this story.

I voluntarily reviewed a ARC from Netgalley

• Gone With the Rogue (First Comes Love, #2)
  • To Catch an Earl (Bow Street Bachelors, #2)
  • The Princess and the Rogue (Bow Street Bachelors, #3)
  • Hit Me With Your Best Scot (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #3)
  • Highland Sword (Royal Highlander #3)
  • A Good Duke Is Hard to Find (Isle of Synne, #1)
  • Nothing Compares to the Duke (The Duke's Den, #3)
  • All Scot and Bothered (Devil You Know, #2)
  • Never Conspire with a Sinful Baron (Infamous Lords, #4)
  • The Devil in Her Bed (Devil You Know, #3)
  • The Footman and I (The Footmen’s Club, #1)
  • About a Rogue (Desperately Seeking Duke, #1)
  • My Kind of Earl (Mating Habits of Scoundrels, #2)
  • The Highlander's English Bride (Clan Kendrick, #3)
  • Dawn with a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas, #9)
  • Any Rogue Will Do (Misfits of Mayfair, #1)
  • Who Wants to Marry a Duke (Duke Dynasty #3)
  • A Highlander Is Coming to Town (Highland, Georgia, #3)
Anna Bennett started swiping romances from her mom’s bookshelf as a teenager and decided historicals (with their balls, dukes, and gowns) were the best. So, when she had the chance to spend a semester in London she packed her bags—and promptly fell in love with the city, its history, and its pubs. She dreamed of writing romance, but somehow ended up a software analyst instead.

Fortunately, a few ye

Debutante Diaries (3 books)
  • First Earl I See Tonight (Debutante Diaries, #1)
  • The Duke Is But a Dream (Debutante Diaries, #2)

News & Interviews