Start by marking “Twice Kissed” as Want to Read:
Twice Kissed

Twice Kissed

In this twisted, page-turning novel from #1 New York Times bestselling author Lisa Jackson, a woman searching for her missing twin discovers the darker side of her family's history . . .

Sisters share a bond--twins especially. For Maggie McCrae and Mary Theresa, that link once allowed them to communicate no matter how much distance separated them. But there were differences
Expected publication: October 27th 2020 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Twice Kissed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twice Kissed

Start your review of Twice Kissed
Gina
Not as great as I was lead to believe

While feeding her horses, a voice floats through Maggies mind. It had been years since she felt it for the last time. Her twin-sisters voice. Her sister is in trouble. And shes blaming her ex-husband, Thane Walker, the man Maggie had fallen in love with years ago. Not long after she hears the voice, Thane shows up on her doorstep; just before she disappeared, Marquise and Thane had gotten into an awful fight, and now the police believe him to be their number
Susan Schnelbach
It's okay, but not great. I'll finish it but the characters are not very sympathetic or even likable most of the time. I think it may be because the character traits are a little too much to the extreme:
1. The male lead (the macho guy) is a little too pushy. He really doesn't have the right to be so angry at the world, when most of what went wrong in his life is his own fault or a direct result of his own actions.
2. The heroine needs to face reality. Why is she finding it so hard to accept that
Melissa
I usually love second chance love stories but I just could not get pass the betrayal by Mary Theresa. Thane was really not very likable at all. One thing that stuck in my mind was after the 'incident' between himself and M.T he tells her not to say anything to Maggie....like really? could you really live with yourself knowing that you screwed her identical twin sister and not say a thing?? Maggie's whole psychic vibe from her sister was also very annoying. And....everything just tied up way too ...more
Deanna
Jan 05, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: couldnt-finish
I got this book from a friend, after telling her I'll read anything.. well, that was before I decided that life is too short to be reading bad books. Now, most of the time, I move on if the book doesn't grab my interest.

That was the case with this book. 65 pages in and I finally said 'forget it'! I just couldn't get into the story, I didn't care for the style of writing, and I just don't think I'd be glad I stuck it out and finished it.
Katie
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book didn't leave much impression on me, beyond irritation with the characters. It wasn't really a bad read, I just got tired of Maggie continually refusing to believe the worst about her sister or that Thane loved her, not M.T.
Deborah
Mar 31, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Suspense & Love story readers
Recommended to Deborah by: Linda Mason
Shelves: suspense
Love, suspense, deceit, betrayal, revenge with a western flair keep you guessing to the end. Lisa Jackson writes a good easy reading story.
karen wescott
Redundancy makes this book 100 pages too long. Exciting ending boosts the appeal.
Carol Olmsted
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the characters but found myself a little annoyed with the relationship ... still, I raced toward the end and am looking forward to the next Lisa Jacson.
Veronica WordsAreMyDrinkOfChoice
Rashmi Ananthakrishna
I wanted to read this book as i had found the plot interesting as i read in back cover. But once i started reading, i was disappointed. It was not as interesting as it promised to be. Starting part till where Maggie reaches Denver seemed interesting, but later on it was dragged too much with the feelings maggie and Thane have for each other, Becca staying with her cousin and then running away from there (this part didn't make any sense). There was a part where Maggie decided to walk in her twin ...more
Joyce
Mar 04, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical chick lit. The heroine is a mirror twin who's reverse image not only stole her 'true love' but also married him. She is now missing and the heroine plus hero (first love) are searching for her. They rekindle their relationship of years earlier as they evade the police and continue their search. Lots of genre twists and turns before the novel ends.
Conni Harness
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good suspense Read. I just don't get the nay sayers. I really like this author, her writing style, & imagination. Almost always the stories resolve (unlike other authors). I can always count on a good book from this author or her sister.
Paula
Apr 29, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
quicky no brainer...bit harlequinish
Erica
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book started off slow....held my interest......a good read....Lisa Jackson has better books
Kay-em
May 09, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: boring
Not interesting. Lead characters are rather shallow. Plot moves very slowly and the end is unbelievable.
Caralyn Rubli
Aug 05, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was awful. The characters were dull. The story ridiculous, boring, and didn't seem like the author was even interested in writing it.
Sandy
Jun 26, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Good book. Boring at first. But it got better. For fans of Tami Hoag. 2.5/5 stars.
Leah
Jul 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable and trite, I couldn't make it past the mid-point of the book.
Sidney
Jan 04, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
kingshearte
Sooo... It's a bit jarring to go from a book that uses language as beautifully as The Innamorati to one that wields it a bit more like a blunt instrument, such as this one. I've read worse, but yeah. The difference was striking.

That said, to give credit where it's due, what Jackson lacks in subtlety, she does make up for in creating a reasonably compelling, mostly well-paced story. Again, I didn't guess the ending, but in this case, it was more one of those cases where I came up with what I
Lisa
May 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lisa-jackson
I only gave this book 3 stars because I do love this author and most of her stories. For some reason this one was so out of sync with her other thrillers/mysteries. I love the To Die series and have read so many other ones by her, but for some reason this one was just a bust. So little action and so much long, lingering, remembering, and flashbacks. It seems the story should have been written a different way instead of the way she put it together.
Julie C-F
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5*

If only the timeline was right, I would have wanted Becca to be the daughter of... never mind if her attitude is not nice because she is after all a young teen.

M.T. is not likable, she is selfish and self-centered. Maggie is so convinced that her twin can't possibly do no wrong that it becomes irritating.
Amy Phelps
It was a good story but I thought it took too long to get anywhere. StRted in the present then when to the past for background information then back to the present. I think some stuff was put in as filler not very critical to the story at all
Daniella
Feb 19, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The back of the book fooled me. Way heavier on the romance than the suspense. This was like reading a soap opera sub plot that took too long to get interesting. And the romantic lead is named Thane Walker. Thane. Walker. I should a known better.
Julie Richter
Slow moving, but had to finish it. Not one of Lisa Jackson's best.
Carolyn
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
stand alone novel but waiting to see if these characters show up somewhere else - a good, easy, beach read
Maureen Hensley
Aug 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Worst book ever, if you read the last 100 pages the story finally makes sense.
Ann
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book. A good read 😀
Samantha
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was rather disappointed in this book.

It was boring yet just interesting enough to keep me reading but it was also very frustrating.

The things that were glaring to me was that she just would not listen when he tried to tell her how he really felt, she just shut down and refused to believe it. Though, what happened in their past, I could kind of understand it but, at the same time, youre a grown woman with a thirteen year old daughter. Stop acting like a child and listen.

Then, the guy had this
Anita
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-supense
Twice Kisses suffers from extraneous narrative and would have been a great book if it could have been cut by about 150 pages. The plot is great but it suffers from excessive verbiage. Feel free to scan read major parts of this book. The story did not give up its' secrets easily and most of them, not till the end. This is a very good read.

Maggie and Mary Theresa (aka Marquise) are mirror image, identical twins. M.T has always been the more out there of the twins, sucking in all the light and air
« previous 1 3 4 next »
2015 Reading Chal...: Twice Kissed by Lisa Jackson 1 5 Jun 14, 2015 06:56PM

• Still Waters
  • I'll Find You
  • Dangerous Behavior
  • Dark Paradise
  • Night Sins (Deer Lake, #1)
  • Sizzling (Buchanans, #3)
  • Kill the Messenger
  • The Trouble with J.J.
  • Cover Your Eyes (Morgans of Nashville, #1)
  • Blind Alley (Eve Duncan, #5)
  • Outlaw Mountain (Joanna Brady, #7)
  • Crush on you 03
  • The Guardian (Dark-Hunter, #20; Dream-Hunter, #5; Were-Hunter, #6; Hellchaser, #3)
  • Dead Aim (Eve Duncan, #4.5)
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • Vengeance
  • The Killing Hour (Quincy & Rainie, #4)
  • Mismatch

Lisa Jackson is the number-one New York Times bestselling author of more than 85 novels, including Afraid to Die, Tell Me, You Dont Want to Know, Running Scared, Without Mercy, Malice, and Shiver.  She is also the co-author of the Colony Series, co-written with her sister, Nancy Bush. There are over 20 million copies of Lisa Jacksons books in print in twenty languages.

Before she became a