Start by marking “Pop Star (Famous, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pop Star (Famous, #1)

Pop Star

(Famous #1)

HARLEY

What happens when the most successful boy band on the planet breaks up?

How about twenty thousand fans screaming my name.

But the price of fame comes with an increased risk to my safety.

I’ve been avoiding the dreaded B word for as long as I can, but after a close call with a rambunctious fan, I can’t do it anymore.

It’s time to give in.

I need to hire a full-time bodygua
Published April 8th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Pop Star, please sign up.

Start your review of Pop Star (Famous, #1)
☆ Todd
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it

After Harley being the selfish, arrogant, would-be villain slash pop star diva in Jet's "Hat Trick" book, I wasn't entirely sure what to expect of him in this story, but I did have a feeling that Eden wouldn't disappoint. And she didn't.

Right off the bat, I immediately liked the more down-to-earth, slightly-insecure guy behind the boy band image that was forced upon Harley by his shitty, controlling record label. There was a lot more to him than the public was allowed to see.

The main thing that
Shile
Audiobook - 4 stars

Story - 3 stars

Iggy Toma did an amazing job with the narration. He had distinct voices for the characters, the only problem is that he is a slow reader. I had to listen to this at 1.5x.

description

This was a just there story. The charm and humor that was present in the Fake Boyfriend series was missing here. The characters were okay but i didn't buy the chemistry at all.

I will go to purgatory swearing this story was inspired by Harry Styles. All the signs are there.

description

The Harley in this bo
Wendys Wycked Words

I am a big fan of Eden Finley's "Fake Boyfriend" series, which is also where I first met Harley...Jet's douche ex-boyfriend from Hat Trick. He was a bit of an ass but kudos to Eden for making me completely change my feelings about the guy.

changed my mind gif - Google Zoeken

I have really come to like Harley...insecure, funny, sweet and talented Harley...

When an obsessed fan gets a bit too close (really really close) to Harley, it is time to agree with his manager and hire a personal bodyguard.

Brix is an ex-military guy who works f
Snjez
Apr 13, 2020 rated it liked it
I have to say I picked this up only because I liked Fake Boyfriend series by this author. I don’t really like reading about celebrities in a romance, and this book hasn’t changed that. So overall, I enjoyed it but nothing more than that.

I liked Harley and Brix as main characters. The first part of the story, when they were getting to know each other and starting to build a connection, was my favourite. There were some really fun moments, especially when Iris was present. Loved him.

The suspense
~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars!

Life has been pretty crazy and trying to stay focus has been a bit challenging. So I'm giving myself a pass for not realizing Harley was the same Harley from Jet's story. Ugh, lol! It didn't take long to remember though. Just took the mention of Jet and the band name 11. Anyways...

Harley ended up being a very likable character considering how he was portrayed in Hat Tick . He was just a guy who wanted to make music and find someone who would love him with all his baggage and secrets
Jan
Jul 26, 2020 marked it as did-not-finish-dnf
Shelves: lgbtq, ku
DNF 58%

I am bored out of my mind.

There is hardly any conflict here, which results in a flat and boring storyline.
The chemistry between the MCs is meh.

I know this is a favourite of many of my friends, but there is nothing interesting here to make me turn another page.

Curious to read about the others.

Peace! ☮☮
Eugenia
WELL.....

I wanted to love this book. BUT....

It was just OK.
Eden Finley TRIED to create UST.
She TRIED to create a sense of mystery and danger.
She TRIED to get me to really care about the MC’s.
She TRIED to upend traditional power dynamics in the bedroom.
She TRIED to create a compelling backstory for why our beefy bodyguard was so secretive.

Her TRIES were somewhat successful.
AND...
Her TRIES were somewhat a miss.

The UST, once the characters gave in, created little pay off.
The danger angle k
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: male-action
Nice start to a new series.

I guess I remember not caring for Harley in the book he was previously featured in. But it wasn't a lasting dis-like I guess. I didn't harbor any ill feeling towards him when I started this one.

I liked his character - and I do like the bodyguard to lovers theme.

I can't say this one wowed me, but it was good. The suspense plot was a bit meh honestly.

But there was no un-necssary drama. Some good steam. Interesing side characters who I am looking forward to reading ab
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This is the first Eden Finley book I was able to finish. I tried a couple of the Fake Boyfriend books and just didn't connect with the characters or writing style, as I really dislike the first-person, present-tense POV.

I liked both Harley and Brix. Ever since I saw The Bodyguard with Whitney Houston and Kevin Coster, I've been a fan of the falling-for-your-bodyguard trope.

I didn't mind the stalker plot; it added some excitement to the story. But I was disappointed that there was no epilogue.
Vanna
3.75 Liked-it-but-did-not-love-it Stars!! 👍😄 I feel that it had all the ingredients that a typical Eden Finley book has.. low angst story, interesting MCs, great banter, lots of heat and yet I felt that the chemistry between the MCs felt forced. The danger level was also 'meh".. 🙄. There wasn't enough back story given for Harley and Brix and therefore their attraction felt superficial. But overall I still liked it despite the shortfalls.. the supporting characters were great and I am curious abo ...more
Anna *Bran. San. Stan*
Apr 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
3.75 stars. So, I had trepidations going into this because, like most other readers/fans of the Fake Boyfriend series, I didn’t much care for our pop star Harley, Jet‘s ex. Understandably, he wasn’t portrayed favorably through Jet‘s eyes in Hat Trick. I should have had more faith in Eden Finley: She turned that ship around and made me like him. I liked Brix, ex-soldier and Harley‘s initially reluctant bodyguard, even more though. What can I say, I have a thing for stoic, tough guys who have a he ...more
Ele
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really liked this mostly because it was unexpected. Harley was nothing like the standard spoiled pop star he was supposed to be and Brix was definitely far from the macho unapproachable asshole I was expecting him to be. Very refreshing. I would have loved a more solid ending but this worked ok too. I suspect we will see much more of these two
Ky
Apr 08, 2020 rated it liked it
*3 stars*

Usually I'm staying away from books with bodyguards because I know they'll innevitably add a stalker or two to the plot. This time though I couldn't say no because it was a new release by Eden Finley!

If you've read Hat Trick you most likely remember Harley, he was very memorable after all, as Jet's ex. The one with the attitude and all the wrong reactions. He appeared as selfish and arrogant and he made it very difficult to like him. That was just his defence mechanism though and the
Cadiva
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Eden Finley's books.

Here she gives the reader a sort of redemption arc narrative with boy band bad boy Harley Valentine, last seen causing "problems" for Jet and Soren in Hat Trick

And I say sort off because Harley wasn't a bad guy at all. The arrogant arse of Hat Trick is really a guy who has no control over his own life because his record label won't let him come out.

Harley's really quite a sensitive guy, someone who isn't really sure about anyone, whether they only like him because he
Fabi
It's a lovely story. Sweet and simple. It was just ok for me because I tend to enjoy a lot of action and intrigue. I thought this one fell quite short on those things. ...more
Gustaf
1.5 stars rounded up to two.

This did not work for me in any kind of way. I disliked Harvey with passion in Hat Trick, and I was expecting to like him better in this book. Or you now, at least at the end of the book. But no. I still dislike Harvey. He's still whiny and unlikeable. Sure, he's not as selfish as he seemed in Hat Trick. But definitely unlikable. And Brix deserved so much more than Harvey.I liked Brix so very much. The two stars are all for him. The gentle badass teddy bear.

The over
haletostilinski
This was really good, I really enjoyed it.

Harley is Jay's ex from the 5th book of the Hat Trick series, and we get to see a side of him we didn't get to see from that book.

Harley is arguably the most famous of his band, Eleven, that broke up a year and a half before the start of this, and with that fame can come some stalkers.

Such as after a show when Harley is home and one invades his home and almost hurts him.

After that, Harley agrees to getting a bodyguard, as his privacy has been violated
AussieMum

Enjoyable with some nice moments, but still predictable. I’m not really that interested in reading about any of the other members of “Eleven”, the former boy band who look to be the subjects of this series...BUT...give me a book about Trav and the other badass members of Mike Bravo and I would eat it up with a spoon and lick the bowl.

Bodyguard tropes are popular for a reason but they usually suffer from characters who are totally crap at being a bodyguard once their dick starts to twit
Marilisa
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
“I made him believe in fate.
He makes me believe in love.”

I’m not sure what it is about Eden Finley, but I end up loving all of her books. This is the story of Harley and Brix and it was an incredibly funny and charming one to read.

I found Brix’s chapters to be very refreshing. He’s an ‘army brat’, but he’s not the stereotypical super macho. Sure, he wants to take everything in his own shoulders and be big and strong, but his character was softer and felt more real than the usual army types in b
Caz
I've given this an A- for narration and a B- for content at AudioGals.

If you’ve read or listened to Hat Trick, the final book in Eden Finley’s Fake Boyfriend series, you’ve already met Harley Valentine, one of the two protagonists in Pop Star, book one in her new Famous series. Harley was a member of  Eleven , the most successful, most famous boy-band on the planet, and he came across as a selfish, spoiled brat, especially when he (in effect) blackmailed his former lover Jet Jackson – one of t
Eva ☆
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
+ 18- M / M
This book was really fun, in it we are introduced to Harley, he is an ex boybander who is building a solo career after the said band ended, he wants independence so he never hired a 24/7 security like his record company always said to do, until he enters his house and sees a fan there with a knife in his hand.
Brix isn't exactly excited about having to protect a Pop Star but the payout is too good for him to pass.
Threats begin to be sent to Harley and with emotions at their peak other
Erth
Oct 04, 2020 added it
I didn't like Harley when we met him in Jay and Sorens book, but in the end it still showed that there was something more to him and I'm happy to be right.
I love the book, the pop star meets bodyguard trope and Brix is certainly the right man for Harley.

It was a book that I didn't want to put down and had me both on edge and laughing.
I'm very happy to hear that there will be more of both pop stars and bodyguards. And I'm so ready to see Iris meet his match.
Bookreader87(Amanda)
The popstar and his bodyguard...

Harley is a former boybander, now solo artist, who has a run in with a crazed fan. This scare has him realizing he may need personal protection, i.e. a bodyguard.
Brix is used to the adrenalin rush of his job. After serving in the army he lands a job working for MB security. When he is asked to work as personal bodyguard to a pop star he is hesitant. However, it pays good money and he needs it to help pay bills.
Overall an okay read.
Papie
May 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars! Harley Valentine is a pop star who used to be in the boy band Eleven (yes, as in Jay's ex from the Fake Boyfriend series). A stalker breaks into his house, and he finally accepts that he needs a full time bodyguard. Enter Brix, badass ex military who accepts to do the job for a few months.
They are both attracted to each other but both think the other is straight. Once they realize, there is nothing holding them back. Except the whole bodyguard thing.

This was so much fun. And sexy! H
Santy
Eden Finley has done the impossible. She made me not only tolerate Harley but root for him to get his HEA. If you read about Harley in Hat Trick, you'd know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. He was a handful.

In this book however, while still displaying some of the behaviour from that book, we see Harley grow into himself. This can primarily be attributed to Brix and the fresh perspectives he offered our Pop star.

Usually, bodyguard books are either a miss(where the bodyguards are completely irresp
mwana
Jun 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, contemporary
I really struggled with this. I barely remember Jay and Soren's story so I don't recall Harley's character from that book. I just felt like he's body snatched different in this book.

Additionally, while there were some moments where I laughed, swooned or otherwise delighted (Evah herself being a high point), I found this book remarkably boring. I also had some issues with being told when to laugh especially towards the end. I can tell when the characters are being funny. I don't need it hammed up
Andrea
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
"I promise to always try to bring you a dose of normal."

I'm glad Harley finally got his own book and got to be more than the clingy mess/ass he was in Jet's book. There had to be more to him, and it was so sweet and adorable to see him finally fight for something.

It does remind me a bit too much of Jet's story, though, because both Jet and Harley get their stoic, stubborn, sarcastic quiet guy who provides much-needed perspective and grounds them.

But still. Brix and Harley work so well together
Bora Noona
I was holding off on reading this book because I LOVED the Fake Boyfriend series by Eden Finley, but everything else I have read by her has been kind of hit and miss. And I really didn’t want to risk being disappointed.
But then, I was re-reading Hat Trick, and it occurred to me, poor Harley really got the short end of the stick in the end. And then a couple of epiphanies at once. Firstly, it is unlike Eden Finley to leave a character at a loose end. I mean, she had a short story for Olley’s ex
Play Book Tag: Pop Star by Eden Finley - 2.5 stars 1 4 Apr 29, 2021 01:48PM
The hopeful reade...: Buddy Read: Pop Star 26 10 Jun 24, 2020 11:42AM
Turning Pages At ...: Pop Star (Famous #1) (M/M Buddy Read) by Eden Finley 17 20 May 18, 2020 06:31PM

• Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Just Friends (Never Just Friends, #1)
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • Happy Endings (Demon Magic #1)
  • Murphy's Law (Havenwood #2)
  • Off Plan (Whispering Key, #1)
  • Spring Strings
  • Tempting Fate (Love in Eden #1.5)
  • Ex Meridian (Nothing Special, #7)
  • Giving Chase (Havenwood #1)
  • Hardwood (Four Bears Construction, #3)
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
See top shelves…
Eden Finley is an Amazon bestselling author who writes steamy contemporary romances that are mostly full of snark and light-hearted fluff.

She lives to create an escape from real life for herself and her readers.

She's also an Australian girl and apologises for her Australianisms that sometimes don't make sense to anyone else.

Famous (3 books)