Start by marking “Scandalous” as Want to Read:

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  1,450 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
Lori Foster doubles the spice in this two-in-one treat…

Can passion challenge cool, levelheaded reason? Knee-melting kisses spark more than hotelier Tony Austin or boutique owner Olivia Anderson ever planned. He wanted an heir, not a wife. She wanted a no-strings affair…and delicious memories. Scandalous? Perhaps. And it was all going perfectly—until love got

Published August 1st 2004 by Harlequin (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Scandalous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scandalous

Dec 06, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemp-romance
This book left me wanting to be a business owner.

The characters were interesting (I find Lori Foster always has distinctly different characters) and they have an interesting 'deal' going on.

One thing I really liked was that the characters don't fully think things through in this book and are alerted to the fact and stumped by it. I can't say more without spoilers. Because, let me tell you, right off the bat you can probably guess how the story will go (not just the HEA but the conflicts that wil
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
To be honest... while I've read this book more than once it's one of my least favorite... I just found the stories more frustrating than romantic... the first one seemed a little preposterous that an intelligent man doesn't realize that even the best of couples will have disagreements and if he wants a woman so much that he wants to have a kid with her then it probably means something... and the fact that it all starts out with lies just bothered me... and the second one... I'm sorry but any wom ...more
Jul 12, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Collects two short works by Lori Foster that both star lady lingerie entrepreneurs and the handsome millionaires who own their leases. The first one in the collection, whose exact title escapes me but probably had "scandal" somewhere in it, had the old classic "let's treat baby-making as a business proposition" as its premise. The second one had a half-heartedly developed stalker plot.

I like Lori Foster, though. She's like Linda Howard lite.
Jun 25, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a 2-in-1 by Lori Foster. Really enjoyed the first story, Scandalized, didn't care for the second story, Sex Appeal all that much........The heroine was too flighty in my opinion.
Scandalous adalah buku kedua Lori Foster yang aku baca. Buku ini memiliki dua cerita pendek, yaitu Scandalized! dan Sex Appeal. Kedua karakter utama di buku ini bekerja di toko yang menjual sexy apparel.

Dalam Scandalized!, Tony Austin, seorang pria yang merajai dunia perhotelan, merasakan sudah waktunya dia memiliki anak. Dia hanya menginginkan anak tanpa istri. Wanita yang akan dipilihnya untuk mengandung anaknya adalah Olivia Anderson.

Awalnya Olivia kaget dengan tawaran yang diberikan Tony. Pr
Dec 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
It was really a pleasure reading this book. The excitement of the story never wavered from chapter to chapter.

I liked the character of Tony Austin very much. He was the kind of man who knew what he wanted when he sees it. And he wanted something from Olivia Andersen and he meant to get it. All throughout the story, he made sure their liaison was nothing more than a business relationship and could never get any personal. He’s known Olivia since she became his business associate and had always
Tony Austin is ready to have a child. He doesn't want to get married, he just wants a woman to bear his child and then go away. And he thinks he's found the perfect woman, Olivia Anderson. She's not super-attractive, but she's smart and ambitious and she needs his loan. Having his child is not a condition of the loan (thank you, Baby Jesus) and he makes that clear to Olivia.
Olivia's interested in the proposition. But she wants to do it the old fashioned way... with some strings attac
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harmony
Tra quelli di LORI FOSTER, questo libro, Scandalo in città, è il mio preferito. L’ho letto e riletto innumerevoli volte nel corso degli anni. A tal punto da averlo quasi imparato a memoria.
Lui è Tony Austin, proprietario di una catena di Hotel esclusivi. Dire che è ricco, è dire poco. Lui ha voglia di avere un figlio: maschio o femmina non importa. Però, non vuole avere una moglie, con tutte le complicazioni che la cosa comporta e che potrebbero esserci in futuro.
Ha anche scelto la donna che, se

The first in this two-fer tells the story of hotelier Tony Austin, who wants a child of his own, and boutique owner Olivia Anderson, the woman whose womb he has chosen to help him fulfill this dream.

Sadly, the plot was just as silly as it sounds. It was hard to respect Tony and Olivia - especially Olivia, in her dishonesty - and it was also hard to believe in their passion and love, particularly when he was so clinical about her when he selected her for the endeavor. It's okay for a
Virginia Paige
Two books for the price of one. It's interesting to read a reprint, especially with things that aren't really old, yet refer to a way of life that doesn't really exist anymore.

In the first book, Scandalized, so much of the story revolves around communication via a land-line, which would be unheard of now between these two young professionals. Yet this story isn't even twenty years old. It's just amazing how much technology has changed over the course of this last decade. The scenarios and situat
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Contemporary novellas. The 1st was published 1997, the 2nd 2001. My copy is from 2009.

Scandalized - 4 stars. Yes, it's kind of cheesy, but this is a LF & you sometimes have to give your brain a rest. Unprotected sex, because she's trying to have his baby. There is I believe a discussion about their sexual health before.
Tony wants a baby, but not a wife. He thinks Olivia would be perfect.
Olivia thinks she's sterile, but doesn't tell Tony. She accepts no money from him & thinks she jus
Dec 06, 2009 rated it liked it
The first story is classic Lori Foster. A little crazy but great characters:

Had a hard time with the characters of the second story made me cringe. I had a hard time getting through the story because the hero was so removed and the heroine was hot then cold then hot then cold with the smallest transition possible. It was frustrating. BUT this is what you get with Lori Foster. She writes distinctly different characters for each story. Some of them I love.
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Scandalous includes two stories: Scandalized! and Sex Appeal. Scandalized! is the story of Tony, successful owner of a chain of hotels, who feels his biological clock is ticking and it's time he had a baby in his life. But Tony doesn't want a wife too, just a recipient of his sperm donation. Livvy just wants Tony, and volunteers for the job. There's more to their story, but it's fun to get there. Sex Appeal is a classic opposites-attract story, with a little bit of danger tossed in to flesh out ...more
Amber Brownlow
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book contains two different stories. Overall I enjoyed both these stories, however I did enjoy Scandalized better than Sex Appeal. There were just moments in Sex Appeal that Shadow and and Brent seemed repetitive to me.

I picked up this book after reading other stories by Lori Foster and enjoying her stories, writing, and characters so much that I couldn't wait to devour more by here, and I wasn't disappointed. Lori delivered two more amazing stories in this book. Like in previous reviews,
Adriana Fogaça
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Um Escândalo de Amor
Lori Foster
H.C.P. Sucessos 38

Não sei, não sei...

Acho devo estar sensível ou algo parecido.

Na realidade tô tentando encontrar uma desculpa. Porque adorei o livro. E como já li algo parecido.

Fico pensando que não deveria gostar tanto assim. Mas, se for pensar bem, há muita diferença, entre as duas estórias.

A única igualdade é um homem querendo ter um filho, e de certa forma pagando para uma mulher ter o bebê.

Simplesmente devo parar com essas bobagens. Pois, o livro é marav
Jan 30, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
May 14, 2008 rated it did not like it
Okay...I have found a LF book that I did not like. I think these were written for Harlequin (which I hate) so I think that is why they were so bad. The first one was so ridiculous that I almost quit reading it. The second part, I liked the girl, but it was kind of pointless and I was totally able to put it down with only 10 pages left. Not a good sign. Not a big fan of the short romance stories....
Jun 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Both stories in this book were believable, incredibly sexy and mysterious. They both featured strong, independent women who had their own businesses and weren't afraid of hard work. Each of them had a dark threat looming in the background as well. In each story comes along a tall, successful (and not to forget gorgeous) specimen of sensual man. Attraction, curiosity and eventually lust abounds! Want to know what happens next? Go get the book. What are you waiting for?
Pam Terry
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scandalized is the epitome of best laid out plans gone crazy...Here was have two buisness people who think they have everything planned out in perfect organization. Life does not alway go that way and Scandalized puts it all out there....When family and hope for the future overwhelms this coulple, they have decisions to make...great story
Jan 07, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica-romance
I'd say maybe 3.5 The characters were fun in the beginning but they started to grate on my nerves after a bit. They weren't strong and kinda repetitive and just not my favorite. However, sex scenes with Foster are always hot. I just was looking for characters that progressed to be a bit better over the course of the stories so it was less repetitive.
Sep 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At first I wasn't so eager to continue the first novel, as I always have problems with calculated lies of one of the protagonists. But it turned out to be a really good story, with a great plot. The second novel was more easy on me, maybe because of the great humour displayed by Shadow. An absolute must-read. :)
Aug 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really liked both of these stories. I have yet to be disappointed by Lori Foster. The first was definitely better than the second but I liked both sets of characters. The stories were both well written & entertaining.
Nov 30, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Se lee en una tarde. Novela corta que hace que todo vaya muy rápido entre los protagonistas. En una página él piensa que ella no es una mujer hermosa y a la siguiente es una diosa. Típica novela romántica contemporánea de engaños y final feliz.
Emily Bowring
Jan 12, 2015 rated it liked it
I really liked the first book! The second one, not so much. The issues I had were purely with the heroine. She was extremely mood and kept changing her mind back and forth. It's a wonder the hero stuck around! Her indecisiveness drove me nuts!
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Terri Hebert
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. Would recommend it to anyone that wants to read a truly wonderful book. Have read a lot of Lori Foster books and have yet to read one that isn't great. Thanks for all your hard work Lori !!!

Oct 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. Simple and fast read, heartfelt story in a different kind of way. The man wants the baby this time! I usually don't care much for the "family" stories, but this was a sweet story. I enjoyed it! Love Lori Foster!
Jan 10, 2010 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the first book scaldalized. It kept me reading. The second one Sex Appeal was not her finest work. Would read the first one again, not the second. The story was half hearted and not fully developed. But I guess all good authors have their missteps.
Kevin Connery
Dec 08, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Solid Foster novels, not her best.
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Scandalous***: Scandalized!****\Sex Appeal**
Lori Foster's New Winston Story Featured in New Anthology 1 5 Dec 01, 2009 09:51AM
  • All of Me (Wedding Veil Wishes, #4)
  • Lucky Break (Lucky, #3)
  • Charmed (Ghost Hunters, #0.5; Winston Brothers, #2)
  • Hot Chocolate (Winston Brothers, #1)
  • 3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #2)
  • That's Amore! (Meet the Parents\I Do, Don't I?\There Goes the Groom)
  • Underfoot (Bellagio #2)
  • The Naked Truth
  • In Your Wildest Dreams
  • Just for Kicks (Showgirls, #2)
  • Top-Notch Surgeon, Pregnant Nurse
  • Servant: The Acceptance (Servant, #2)
  • Under His Skin
  • Santa, Baby
  • The Seduction of Shamus O'Rourke (Jamesville, #4)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)