Start by marking “Stranger Still” as Want to Read:
Stranger Still

Stranger Still

Your sins are Legion...

... and now you belong to him.

***

Legion is a teacher. An avenging angel. A murderer.

A madman.

Published March 10th 2020 by Written Insomnia Press

To ask other readers questions about Stranger Still, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stranger Still

Start your review of Stranger Still
Kimberly
STRANGER STILL is the sequel to author Michaelbrent Collings novel, STRANGERS. Unlike most "sequels", this novel can be read without having read its predecessor first. If anything, this tells a story from an entirely different point-of-view, filling in details that we were never privy to in the original book.

The scope of this novel covers more locations and incorporates many more characters. Legion is by far the one that gave me the most "conflicting" emotions.

"Legion is of normal build. He is
Sherry Fundin
Stranger Still by Michaelbrent Collings is a stand alone novel, even though it is a sequel to Strangers. I didnt realize I had Stranger on my Kindle, but now that I have met Legion, I have to know more about him.

He named himself Legion. He is a punisher. Doling out lessons to sinners.

Sheldon, but not the cute kid on Young Sheldon, or the genius on Big Bang Theory. No, this Sheldon is a hot mess whose specialty is kidnapping, torturing and murdering. He thinks hes a god and revels in the gross
Ronda
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great book from my favorite author. I loved the three brothers. They were like avenging angels.
Deb
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a sequel to the book Strangers, but it can easily be read as a standalone. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I love Michaelbrent Collings' writing, and this was no exception! It is a fast paced book that I didn't want to stop reading. It had so many different elements included in it.. horror, action, murder, and even comedy. There were even a couple of surprises! You need to read this book!! Thanks to the author for a digital copy of the book. I voluntarily chose to review it.
Billie
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Your sins are Legion...
... and now you belong to him.
***
Legion is a teacher. An avenging angel. A murderer.
A madman.
Born in the blood of a dying mother, raised in the underground hideout of an insane father, he travels the world looking for those who keep secrets and sins. He finds those who have fallen short, and teaches them the lessons they need to leave their mistakes behind.
And if he has to teach a lesson that ends in death, well... sometimes that's the cost of proper education.
That's why,
Minx
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Stranger Still is the sequel to Strangers, the book where the main character, Legion, was first introduced. Although, he was not named Legion in that book and had two others with him. Legion is solo in this story but he is never truly alone, that is a little hard to wrap your mind around initially but it feels pretty natural as the story goes on. I have not read the prequel and I will admit that I was mighty curious about the what happened to Legion and his brothers but that is just my innate ...more
Buttercupp77
Shelves: crime, suspense
This was so incredibly close to perfect for me when it comes to a psychological thriller/horror novel!

The story follows a group of people - most of whom no sane person would ever want to meet - whose paths cross with explosive and deadly consequences. We learn more about Legion (who appeared in Strangers), but this functions extremely well as a standalone novel, and I don't believe that reading the initial novel is a prerequisite for enjoying this one to the fullest.

Set in the present-day US,
Kim Napolitano
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Im fairly new to Mr. Collingss work when I joined his street team of reviewers and was pretty excited to be a part of it all. I have to say, this has been my favorite book of all Ive reviewed on the Team. I have to be honest I didnt read Stranger in time for the sequel but I felt I didnt miss a beat. Legion and his ghost brothers are accidentally swept into a crime happening with the Russian mob. Two people are kidnapped by a egotistical psychopath named Sheldon Steward, a hired gunman and ...more
Eric
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Michaelbrent Collings has done it again!
Stranger Still brings back some twisted characters that were introduced with his book "Strangers" and expands Legion's bizarre mission to punish the sinners.
Mr. Collings is an expert at creating characters that you sympathize with and care about, even if they're dirty, rotten scoundrels. He also excels at crafting a story that ropes you in and keeps you hanging on every word. Stranger Still is no exception. Excellent story, tense action and suspense.
His
Deb Threadgill
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was given an Advanced copy for an honest review.

The Prelude starts out strange and as the book goes on it does get Stranger Still

If I could give it more than 5 stars I would.
There were three then One The drowned one is Water, the burned up one is Fire and in the first few chapters we learn the live one is Legion ( which can mean many as in the three in one) or that others have  many sins.
Danielle Anton is a newly married and works in the Office of the State Public Defender.  Her new husband is
David Zaine Aarons
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As a big fan of Michaelbrent's work who's also an acquaintance (we don't know one another well, but we stop to chat at conventions), I hope he'll forgive me for saying I consider 2013's original Strangers one of his weaker efforts, one of only a few of his books that just never clicked for me. Strangers wasn't bad by any means, but in spite of a series of interesting and chilling ideas at the core, I neither liked nor empathized with its cast and felt the text looped into cycles, retreading ...more
Claire Davis
Mar 21, 2020 rated it liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I have given Strangers Still by Michaelbrent Collings three out of five stars ⭐ ⭐⭐

This is the sequel to the first book, Strangers. Strangers Still can be read without having read the first book in the series. I dont know if Im just going through a really big reading slump at the moment, but it took me such a long time to read this book I feel like Id normally whizz through it because I enjoyed it but half of the book I felt a little dazed
Tam
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had a lot to live up to, because I found Strangers to be SO unlike any book I had ever read, and it COMPLETELY blew me away. So, in the beginning of Stranger Still, I found myself wondering if that "literary lightening" would strike twice, for me. But, as the plot rolled along and the tension mounted, I learned to NEVER doubt the ability of MbC's writing to zap me twice in a row!

The action and thrills never stop in this electrifying story that delivers clever twists and blindsiding
Sean Flanagan
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you've never read Michaelbrent Collings, there's hope for you; if you've read only one and are reading this review, you're probably beyond hope.

Disclosure: I received a pre-publication copy of the book; I purchased it as soon as it was published. (The only error I could find has been corrected.)

MbC ended the previous book, "Strangers" with a note about the story's seed and incubation, concluding with the statement that he would not develop the story any farther. ("Probably.") Frankly, I was
Kel
Who would you trust more - someone who can quote Lord of the Rings or a Cadbury-egg loving newlywed? A defender of orphans or unrepentant killer? No matter who you chose, you'll change your mind multiple times in reading Collings' latest novel, Stranger Still. There's humour, blood, bravery, stubbornness, dark corners of places and souls, chocolate, road trips, loving siblings, enemies, trees and tunnels - and several reveals that smacked me upside the head, laughing creepily. Collings sure ...more
Robert Ullrich
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-challenge
I was fortunate to wrangle an advance copy of Strangers Still by Michaelbrent Collings; the follow up to one my of my Collings favorites, Strangers. Stranger Still picks up down the road from where Strangers left off.
I don't typically make a recommendation with a caveat; this time I am. I strongly recommend you get your hands on a copy of Strangers and read it before embarking on the second half of the journey. Strangers has a unique twist you need to experience. Without it, Stranger Still is
 Martin
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 and 1/2

Another strong work from Mr. Collings. You do not have to read the first book to enjoy this one. STRANGER STILL works as a standalone novel but you do feel a connection if you have read STRANGERS, its predecessor. Again I was caught up into the whole 'Legion' affairs, and let me tell you this guy means business. You'll meet many of his victims who are not always likable themselves and you'll have a ball following their journeys as they come face to face with the 'teacher'. A bit like
Deb Hartman
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those with a need for a thrill ride.
Stranger Still is an awesome title and so descriptive of the content. When I first started reading I had trouble wrapping my head around it. But I persevered and thankfully so. I read while I brushed my teeth, while I vacuumed, that was tricky. I did not want to put this book down. The entire concept of "The One" is very original. If you like plants, you will want a Bonsai tree to call your very own. Although, Lucy was an unusual name for an artfully constructed tree. You will find yourself ...more
Donna
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Stranger Still is the sequel to Strangers, but can be read without reading book 1 though I do recommend grabbing it as well! I found myself cheering on Legion throughout this book and hope there is more coming with him as I can see him doing more teaching and what not! While this book did not scare me (I don't scare easy but love horror/thriller) it had me on the edge of my seat needing to know where the plots were leading and how everything would play out. The characters were well ...more
Solana Cragun
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I got done reading this not to long ago. I have been looking forward to reading it when I heard it was being written. This book was very well written, if you like scary, sit on the edge of your seat, lights on kind of book this is for you. I am reading it again now and love it even more. There is a first book to this one called Strangers I recommend reading that one first then this one. I definitely will tell people to read this book especially if they love a good intense read. Could not put it ...more
Julie Castle-Smith
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely lives up to its name - this is definitely Stranger Still! There are characters in this book that are insane/crazy (fun) and psycho, ego-maniacs, who put a whole new spin on the consequences of ones actions...this story is not for the feint hearted or weak stomached...but if you enjoy a little gore with your mayhem, then this story is for you! Another fast read that will have you giggling maniacally and leaving you breathless... ...more
Denise
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved the book! So when I started reading Stranger Still is was like what the f*** - but the more I read, the more intrigued I got. So I read the book in 2 days like maybe 4 or so hours and I absolutely loved it. At first I was like what is going on am I missing something but wow can the author write - the book held me till the very end and every turn was amazing and totally not what I was expecting.
MaryJude Schmitz
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great sequel to the book Strangers. While this is a stand alone book, I felt like you would appreciated this book much more if you read the first one because you would understand what the character Legion is talking about. This book starts off interesting and just gets better. I liked meeting the new characters in this book and getting to find out what happened to the cross over character from Strangers. I highly recommend both books if you like horror.
Riann
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book! The author is excellent at getting into the psyches of his characters. Sheldon's narcissistic inner monologues were hilarious because they were so over the top. The twists kept me guessing. Legion is such a multifaceted character which makes him even more interesting. The action was fast paced and engaging. I really like that this book can be read as a standalone but I am interested reading Strangers the first book in the series as well.
Joan Herrick
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I throughly enjoyed this book. Although I did not read Strangers until after Stranger Still. This is a stand alone story or a sequel. I found myself rooting for the antagonist and hoping the narcissist would get his due. Hopefully I haven't given too much away. But you gotta read this book.
Doreen Fernandes
Stranger Danger

This book takes you on a rollercoaster ride. It's uncanny. It's suspenseful. It's a page turner. I could not stop reading. Who is Legion? Is he a hero or a villain? What lessons does he teach? What are the repercussions? A very interesting horror thriller with a twist. Another must read book from Michaelbrent Collings.
Shannon L
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stranger Still was a sit on the edge of your seat thriller. Although it is a sequel, it is a great standalone story as well. You do not need to read the first one before this, although it isn't a bad idea.

The characters were well fleshed out, and the good (bad?) guy is an incredibly written and complex guy.

I'd definitely recommend this book!
Dawn
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you are a fan of Dean Koontz then some of the word play / structure will make you feel right at home. I enjoyed this Sequel more than than the origin story - the characters had a bit more depth. Words were good - more please 😁
David A Weddell
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a page turner, pulls you in right from the start.What a crazy ride, Loved it . Gonna go check out Strangers now, And every other book he's written:) So happy I found another great writer .
Christine Christensen
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great book. Michaelbrent Collings made a killer into a good guy, a hero. I read this in a little over a day. Excellent characters, and plot. I loved this book. I would recommend this to everyone. The twists and turns keep you on your toes. Wow!

• School of Rebirth and Reincarnation: Full Occult Trilogy
  • Blood Red Sky
  • RUN GIRL RUN (Harry Hunter Mystery Book 2)
  • Coleridge
  • The Prisoners of Stewartville
  • Last Wish (The Linh Davies Series Book 1)
  • The Evergreen Motel: A Haunting Thriller (Sleepless Series Book 1)
  • Run Girl Run
  • The Woman in Black
  • The Roo
  • You Are Not Alone
  • The Sister Taken (Troubled Waters #7)
  • The Girl in the Manor (Emma Griffin FBI Mystery, #3)
  • Street Justice
  • The Curse: A Shocking True Story of Superstition, Human Sacrifice and Cannibalism (True Crime)
  • Ten Days Gone (A.L. McKittridge #1)
  • I Will Rot Without You
  • When Darkness Loves Us
Michaelbrent Collings is an internationally-bestselling novelist, multiple Bram Stoker Award nominee, produced screenwriter, and one of the top indie horror writers in the United States.

He hopes someday to develop superpowers, or, if that is out of the question, then at least to get a cool robot arm.

Michaelbrent has a wife and several kids, all of whom are much better looking than he is (though he