Start by marking “The Trade” as Want to Read:
The Trade

The Trade

Can you pinpoint a time in your life where you realized you are completely and utterly screwed?

I can. I got the dreaded phone call, the one every baseball player hopes and prays never comes.

I was traded. Yeah, that phone call.

Traded from my long time team of over ten years. And not just to any team, but my childhood rivals; the Chicago Rebels.

Completely and utterly
Published March 12th 2020

Start your review of The Trade
Christy
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-four-stars

photo 0024C267-AE42-46E7-B472-EE52DBEE4989_zps9o4kfwfe.png

Baseball isnt the only thing Cory Potter is really good at.

From the moment we met Cory Potter, I knew I wanted his book. This was one of my most highly anticipated reads because of Cory. I fell for him in 'The Dugout' and I was dying for his story. Cory did not disappoint me. I loved him just as much as I thought I would.

Cory is a legend in baseball. Hes played for Baltimore since his rookie season and is a fan favorite there. Now, in his early 30s, the unthinkable happens he
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I love the way he feels beneath me, like an unbreakable stone. I love the way he holds on to me, as if he needs me to be connected to him. And I love the way he makes me feel, like Im whole again. Beautiful. Precious. Wanted.

Every single book in this series has been an absolute pleasure to read. Meghan Quinn doesnt seem to have it in her to write anything less than fabulous. THE TRADE had the kind of slow burn that I love. The time it took
Dali
Meghan Quinn returns to the world of baseball romance with The Trade.

After playing over ten years with the Storm, first baseman Cory Potter was traded in the middle of the season to the Chicago Rebels. A team known for their rowdy players and even rowdier fans. A team who is not happy with straight laced Cory. That is the least of his concerns though, because after meeting his ideal woman he finds out shes married, or so hes been told.

Jason Orsons recently divorced sister Natalie has been
Meghan Quinn
Mar 11, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
BUY or READ IN KU → mybook.to/THETRADE

Shes my teammates sister. The first girl who couldnt care less that Im a pro baseball player.

Elle Kennedy

Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5/ 5 stars

Oh man I had been waiting for Cory's book ever since Carson's book. I fell in love with both men in The Dugout and up until now Carson had been my fav but Cory gave him a run for his money. He was just so bloody amazing and sweet and gosh my heart hurt so much for all the pain the trade caused and how hard it was for him afterwards to deal with everything.

Meghan Quinn never fails to give me exactly what I crave in a book... an amazing, sexy hero, all the fun times and a whole
Penny Reid
Mar 17, 2020 marked it as to-read

Birjis
Cory Potter is a very successful and super famous baseball player who fell into a drastic event of his life. Playing and dedicating his passion and life as a Chicago Bocat, he has been traded halfway through the season to another team - his childhood rival team, Chicago Rebels, a team where there was animosity when it comes to outsiders. As in not friendly. Attending an event based on charity and on his introduction as new team mate Cory meets Natalie, who is his one but the only problem was she ...more
Carmen Rae
So I have to say that Cory has been one of my most favourite secondary characters in this series of stand-alones. I think in part because when we met Milly he was this super famous, successful athlete, yet he was still such a great brother. And every time we met him he was so straight and together I just loved him.

He was so solid and dependable. Then to get his story and discover he's always incredibly sweet just made me love him even more. But then Meghan had to go and throw in an
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: March 12, 2020
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Sports Romance | Can Stand Alone

YOUVE NEVER WATCHED THE OFFICE? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!?!? Im with you Natalie, how can someone NOT have seen this show!

Once again, Meghan has dazzled me with her words. Ive been itching to read Coreys story and I am so delighted that he chose a smart, passionate, and realistic woman to give his heart to. This is truly what made me love him! Its all about how the author builds connections around their
Halle Reads
4/5 Stars 🌟

20200307-220512

I can see why my man Jason Orson has a huge crush on the Cory Fucking Potter

After playing for his longterm baseball team in Baltimore Cory is traded to the Chicago Rebel's a team where their players and fans are known for controversy and animosity when it comes to outsiders and especially lovers of their rival team The Chicago Bobcat's who Cory grew up a fan of. Attending an event for his new team mate and friends charity event he runs into a gorgeous girl who he is instantly enamored
lazybookconqueror
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gah, you guys, this book was just so sweet.
My crops are watered my skin is clear.

description

If you want something light and swoony this is the book for you. Cory Potter is the ultimate book boyfriend - hot, gorgeous, funny and considerate. Natalie is so relatable. And how can you not root for a couple that stays in bed watching The Office? Honestly? Goals.

Also, I loved the slow-burn and friendship between these two. And now I'm definitely looking forward to reading a lot more from Meghan Quinn.

Although I
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
4.5 STARS!

The Trade by Meghan Quinn was just so wonderful. Meghan writes the best romcoms and this book is no different. In fact, this series has consumed my heart and soul, and I'm so ready for Walker Rockwell's book next! ❤🖤

Corey Potter is such an enigmatic hero that you cannot help but swoon over while reading. He's facing a monumental moment in his career. He's being traded midseason to the team that rivals his beloved Bobbies, The Rebels. Its been such a hardship for him to become apart of
Dana
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm back with another review for another EPIC story from the Queen of Rom-Com, Meghan Quinn. I know, I know...you are probably saying 'Dana, you say that with every Meghan Quinn"...well, you know what, that's because it is the truth!!!

So, I started The Trade on 5 March at around 6:00 pm....had to stop at 11 pm; woke up at 3:00 AM! because I needed more! I adored Cory (F^cking) Potter! He was everything I thought he would be when I first "met" him in The Dugout. Ms. Quinn brought him to "life"
Meghan March

Rachel Dyken

Alley Ciz
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I knew back when we met Cory back in The Dugout the guy would have swoon coming out of the wazoo and he did NOT disappoint. Oh and BTW he is MINE.

The push the pull between Cory and Natalie is Meghan Quinn perfection. And in a side of Jason Orson from The Lineup and his ridiculousness there was no way I wouldnt love this book.

The humor, the heat, the way Meghan just makes you FEEL will have you wanting to both read faster to know what happens and slow down to savor it.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ for those book.
Jessica Alcazar
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not gonna lie, Meghan Quinn pretty much has me at hello. Seriously ... she can write no wrong. If youre not drowning in her word wizardry and getting lost in her fictional worlds, are you really living??

She entertains me with her swoony romantic heartwarming storylines over and over again. AND THEY ARE FUNNY TO BOOT. Its a fun time to be a romance reader I tell ya! *happy sigh* I hope she writes forever and ever ....

Ilsa Madden-Mills

BUY or READ IN KU → mybook.to/THETRADE
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
If forgoing a shower to read 'The Trade' by Meghan Quinn doesn't say she is one favorite authors, I don't know what does. Seriously y'all, I skipped a shower so I could devour 'The Trade' , and that says something because I am a shower as soon as I wake up person. I am glad to announce that skipping the shower was so worth it, because 'The Trade' was so amazing that I can barely put in to words how amazing it truly is. So I guess I will start from the most obvious, the cover.. Ummm Hello, < ...more
Irene

So much love for The Trade by Meghan Quinn!

From the first page I was hooked. Loved the storyline, it's entertaining, heartwarming, romantic, funny, sweet and swoon-worthy.

Cory and Natalie are wonderful, passionate characters that made me smile, swoon, frustrated, swoon some more and touched my heart with their love story.
These two captured my heart and I was so happy they found each other.

description

Another major plus for me was spending time with all the friends and watching their
The Smutbrarians
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Feels 3
Steam 5
Storyline 4.5
Overall Rating 4.5
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Robin

Cory F*cking Potter...you rocked my world. What a sweet, strong, commanding type of man! I loved how he was the one who could take on any situation but this time it was a little more than he could handle. He had some lessons to learn...and so did Natalie. Natalie was also a sweet, lovely girl who was betrayed once before but looking for someone who appreciated all she had to offer. Such a perfect pair.
jos (sportschicreads) Ochoa
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sports
⭐⭐⭐⭐💫

Each story in this series is unique but every single one captures our heart in the classic Meghan Quinn way ❤
Pencil Cory Potter in as your new #1 book boyfriend! Do it now! This man could literally do no wrong! Jason is obsessed with him hahaha in the funniest way! A new bromance 👬.
I was so glad to be reunited with my favorite brother sister duo. Cory and Milly are literally sibling goals. Jason and Natalie also have a super special bond.
There was so much humor packed into this book. A lot
Amy
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Youre not a man you have a fling with. I learned that pretty quickly, she says softly. Youre the man you hold on to, cherish, thank whoever is listening that theyre a part of your life. Youre special, Cory.

Youre extraordinary. Youre a force to be reckoned with, funny, intelligent, and Ill be honest, sexy as fuck. And when youre ready, theres no doubt in my mind youll find what youre looking for. Who youre looking for.

We were first introduced to Cory Potter in The Dugout, and now its his turn to
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

I have long awaited a book for Cory Fucking Potter! Cory is everything, ya'll. Jason Orson's crush on the man is well deserved!

I don't know how Meghan Quinn does it, but she has a little bit of magic in her. Every single time I open up one of her books I know without having read a single word yet that the book will rock my ever-loving socks off. I know that it is going to be
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
NO SPOILERS!

Oh. My. GOSH! These baseball books from Meghan Quinn have been EVERYTHING, and she has gotten better and better with every single one. The Trade blew my mind in the best way possible, and I absolutely LOVED and ADORED the storyline and characters, as well as the authors writing style and brilliant sense of humor. Meghan Quinns storytelling is unparalleled, and I am shamelessly addicted to her books and brand of romance. The Trade was a sexy, swoon-worthy, hilarious, and utterly
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Its not secret that I adore Meghan Quinn, especially her sports romance books. Theres just something about them that I love. Her latest release The Trade is another fantastic boys of summer romance. In it we finally watch Cory F**king Potter, player extraordinaire and perpetually single guy, fall and fall hard for the woman of his dreams. Natalie is beautiful inside and out, shes his teammates younger sister and off limits in more ways than one. Determined to win her over until he finds out shes ...more
Escape into a Booksite
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
*4 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

I have been waiting for Corys book since we were first introduced to him. He's a great character. This series of books has been really fun to read, and Cory and Natalie's story was no different.

I really liked how they were both genuine people, and had a real connection. It takes a while for things to get going, which frustrated me, but its the way that the books in this series go, and the way the story is supposed to be told.

There
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
What a story, check out my full review & more on my BLOG ->  photo 20190911_093631_zpsyslz1m7j.png ">CLICK HERE
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I'm going to open up by saying, I don't think I took a breath for the last 25% of the book.

Ahh, Cory Potter. Strong, Serious, Protector. He was everything I expected Meghan to write, but also a lot different than some of her other heroes. He's older, more mature (and a side note, seriously reminded me of my husbands personality) and is looking to settle down. He wants forever, and he's waited so long for it. Meghan just KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK (I swear these puns will never get old).

• Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy
  • Enticing Liam (Big Sky Royals, #2)
  • Wish
  • Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks, #5)
  • Old Fashioned (Becker Brothers, #4)
  • Cannon (Carolina Reapers, #5)
  • Silver Player (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • The Guy in the Middle (The Underdogs, #3)
  • Hatemates
  • Dear Ava
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Awful Curse (Celestial Bodies #1)
  • My Maddie (Hades Hangmen, #8)
  • The Dare
  • The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
  • Tucker (The McBrides of Texas #2; Eternity Springs #17)
  • Revenge (Slay Quartet #3)
Like me on FB: https://www.facebook.com/meghanquinna...

When I was in high school I occasionally read books but was consumed by other teenage things so I didn't take the time to appreciate a good book on a cloudy day, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. It wasn't until I received a Kindle for Christmas one year that my world completely flipped upside down. When looking for books I came across the

News & Interviews

“Why do you make me yell at you? I don’t want to yell at you, but when you say stupid shit like that, you force me to be a bully. Is that what you want, Natalie, for me to be a bully?” 0 likes
“And what would make them not worth our time?” 0 likes