Start by marking “Lily for My Enemy (Lockhart, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lily for My Enemy (Lockhart, #2)

Lily for My Enemy

(Lockhart #2)

He's from Lords. She sides with Commons.
Watch out London, sparks will fly.

Felix Lockhart is tired of balls, tired of musicales, and most especially tired of society only seeing him as the heir apparent to a powerful seat in Lords. Then, one evening he meets the witty Jocelyn Hunt—perhaps the only young lady in London who isn’t impressed with him.

Jocelyn Hunt will never hol
Published February 21st 2020 (first published February 15th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Lily for My Enemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lily for My Enemy

Start your review of Lily for My Enemy (Lockhart, #2)
Jolie
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Regency romance is one of my favorite sub-genres of historical romances to read. I have said this often, but I love imagining what it was like back then. I have a fascination with the English ton, the Lords, and Ladies. So, when I saw that this book was available for review, I jumped on it.

Lily for My Enemy is the 2nd book in the Lockhart Sweet Regency Romance series. It can be read as a stand-alone. As always, I do suggest reading book one to familiarize yourself with the world. But in this boo
Mandy
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With an original plot that showed a side to the Regency Era I haven't much thought of, this book not only gave me a fun glimpse into history, but the romance was so great! Felix is a member of the House of Lords and heir apparent to his father's revered title. Jocelyn is the very informed and opinionated daughter of a prominent member of the House of Commons. With a bit of a Romeo and Juliet/Westside Story vibe, this book was so interesting as it showed how hard it might be for a titled gentlema ...more
Stacey
Shelves: review-books
This is the second book of the Lockhart series and I loved it just as much as the first! Perhaps even more actually, so this is really 5.5stars haha
I love the interactions between Felix and Jocelyn. We first meet Felix in book one and we get to learn a bit of his backstory in that one so I definitely recommend reading that book first, especially since a lot of the characters from the first one are mentioned again throughout this one.
The character development throughout this series has been eve
Maria Thomas

This story had elements to it that I don't often see in clean regency romance. At least not the ones I read. It was very much based in politics and the love interests are very much opposites in political beliefs. So it was fun to watch how they navigate those differences and then you also get a Romeo and Juliet element because the families of course hate each other. Their relationship seems doomed from the start.

I liked both characters and enjoyed their banter and the growth in their c
Candy Briggs
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story, it was so romantic and sensitive. When Lord Felix Lockhart, Earl of Sutby and heir apparent to the Marquess of Ramport, first saw Miss Jocelyn Hunt it was at a musicale. He had hoped to hear some good music but that was not his lot in life. They had gotten into an argument. She had run into him again at the hot house where flowers could be gotten. She loved flowers especially Lilies.
Her father was the Head of Commons and his dad was very influential in the House of Lords. The
Sonya Wasden
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Felix and Jocelyn are from two different worlds, almost. Felix will eventually take his father's seat in the Lords. Jocelyn's father has a seat in the Commons. These two houses have never agreed and have had a contentious attitude towards any that don't agree with their philosophy.

When Felix and Jocelyn first meet in London, there are sparks from their bantering, but the more time they spend together, the more their feelings change and the more time they want to spend together. When their secre
Mary
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was received from the Author/Publisher, in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I loved this story and I finished it in two days.  Even though this is the second book in the Lockhart series it can be read as a stand-alone. So far it appears that each book will focus on a different sibling in the Lockhart family.  This is A Proper Romance novel.

I really liked how this book wasn't just about how the Lady wanted to be loved for more than her dowery or advant
Jeanie's Kindle
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank goodness it was a little different. It was not your typical damsel in distress. Her father had not gambled away their fortune, nor had she been ruined by a rake. No this pair were political adversaries. Although women were not political, her father certainly was. A member of the House of Commons. Jocelyn was very involved in her father's political views. Felix was a heir apparent and future member of the House of Lords. The opposing political view.
They met at a musicale where although the
Catherine Graham
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this second book in the Lockhart Regency Series. Miss Hart and Earl Sutby really shouldn't have any reason to spend time together but their first conversation caused a spark of interest. On opposite sides of the parliament divide there's trouble for both of them if they spend any time together but their 'chance' encounters are so enjoyable.
I enjoyed the characters and the depth of thought and the way they both developed through the course of the book. I was on the edge of my se
Karen
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wonderful story just up my alley. I love enemy to lover type books as well as some playful banter. Lord Lockhart was raised in privilege and to a certain way of thinking. He was challenged by a beautiful, outspoken women with a completely different viewpoint. Although both wanted to improve England they had very different ideas on how to accomplish that goal. Jocelyn and Felix got to know each other while putting aside some of their differences. They came to value each other in ways they didn’t ...more
Melissa Hayford
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great opposites attract

I'm so glad I was born to a normal Joe and fell in love with someone also born to a normal Joe. I can't imagine living a life where it was not your own and you could be used as pawns or could ruin your parents reputation/career. Felix and Jocelyn are such opposites, yet they complement each other so well. If only their fathers weren't enemies. I loved Felix and Jocelyn and more importantly who they were together. They really are good for each other. I loved their interacti
Mikkayla
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a good story!!! Felix and Jocelyn are an adorable couple. They joke and laugh together but also discuss some pretty deep topics. The only catch? He’s heir apparent to a seat in the House of Lords. She is the daughter of a member of the House of Commons. And the two don’t get along. So despite Felix and Jocelyn’s growing feelings for one another, the relationship seems doomed before it can even start.

It’s truly a beautiful story. They stand by each other and never doubt their chara
Glenda
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was entranced with the story of Jocelyn and Felix. What a time to have lived in.... Jocelyn was very advantaged to have a father who allowed her the liberty of being educated and to speak her own mind. This made for sparks when she met Felix who was raised to be a lord and her father was a member of the House of Commons. But those sparks lead to challenging and entertaining conversations! Read the book to see if flames ignite😀. I received a complimentary copy of this book and chose to write a ...more
Lara
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My favorite thing about L. G. Rollins’ book, Lily for My Enemy, was the character’s ability to see past their own beliefs and listen to someone with a different viewpoint. I think the characters were well-written and showed diversity and strength of character. This was a sweet and clean love story between two people who started as political enemies. The progression of their relationship was lovely with a wonderful happy ending. Great book!
I received a complimentary copy of the book. All opinions
Margie
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
To say Jocelyn had an unusual upbringing would have been an understatement. Her House of Commons father had no qualms discussing politics with his daughter. Felix is the heir apparent to an Marquise, but has never taken an interest in politics or following his father. Sparks fly in more ways than one. What do you do when the young lady you wish to pursue father refuses to allow you to court her? Felix does get creative. I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading about Cassandra’s rom ...more
Desiree
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Overall, I give this a 4 star because I was able to stay engaged, I was curious how the h & H would resolve their issues and would they come together. I like family series and it was nice to see what happens to other members of the family. Lud & gads wasn't used as much as in the 1st book & I appreciated that. I did still wish other words were used besides those two. I think the story was creative and original. The book showed pride can come from all sides. Those with title and the "common" peop ...more
Kim Power
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Witty, tender and compassionate

Please this is not a simple Regency romance although it does have a happily ever after traces the journey of a couple from the opposite sides of the political spectrum with wit, compassion and understanding of political reality. I was tempted to call this review Romeo and Juliet we visit us, at and here and here are well I’m not immature adolescents and intelligent young people who grapple with the reality of the situation to find their resolution. The characters a
Kimberly
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great story that’ll have you rooting for Jocelyn and Felix. Jocelyn’s father is a member of Commons and Felix’s father has a seat in the House of Lords. Can two people with different political leanings and backgrounds find a way for romance? They both have obstacles to overcome, but isn’t romance a great motivator? I loved the characters and the interesting world they lived in. This is the second in this series and I enjoyed it as much as the first one!
nancy  Lanham
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Don't judge the book by the coer

Felix and Jocelyn so much alike in the inside but in political or social thinking diametrically opposed. Neither seemed tolerant of opposing positions,, but honest sharing of life's little comforts much was discovered to be adored and found in mutual esteem. I found this a real page Turner and I skipped nothing, the perfect length and yet it drew me into these characters life dilemmas and I admired their courage and character grwothbn.
R.L.S.
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Delight

He's never taken seriously for himself, only for his title. She's too outspoken for a woman of her time.

Oh--and their fathers are sworn enemies.

They shouldn't fall in love, but they do, and they're both better for it.

But convincing themselves--and everyone else--that they should be together proves quite a trick.

I loved this book--especially the characters, the witty banter, and the politics.
Jessica Christensen
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great banter

The main characters have great teasing banter with each other. There is wit & humor aplenty in this story, but also a wistful seriousness regarding family relations & societal issues. I would have given it 5 stars except for several instances of homonyms & homophones used incorrectly. I'm a stickler for grammar & they stuck out to me, but not enough to detract from the narrative.
Julie
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved these characters. Jocelyn Hunt is intelligent, beautiful and loving with a little bit of sass. Felix is loyal, kind and smart. Sparks fly when they meet, sparks of an argument. Their fathers are on different sides politically. When chance meetings become more than chance, a romance starts to bloom. I found this book so good I read it in a day. I love how this author writes.
Shaylin Maxwell
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. I stayed up till 2 A.M. to finish it. I enjoyed hearing about the Lords Vs. the Commons- I didn’t know much about them before reading this book. The characters were funny and relatable. It had a happy ending which I always want and also a intro to an upcoming book (I hope). I would recommend this book- it was a very good read.
Rebekah
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Clean Regency with some fun political battle

I am surprised that I liked the little political spats in this book. Made the Regency read different and fun. I did get a little annoyed with all of the "he was the son of a Marquess after all". That line got little old.

Content: Clean
Language: Clean
Religous: No.

Happy reading!
Patricia
Aug 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story—I am not sure what I saw in the summary that made me skip it initially. I enjoyed “revisiting” the Lockhart family. This plot was a fun twist in the usual Regency era. I don’t think I have read a book about the era’s politics that was from this angle. I liked the main characters.
JackEllena
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful historical romance!

A true love that quickly grows despite all obstacles is truly wonderful. Sparks are necessary between beginning lovers and strong feelings are all part of building trust and love. This book demonstrated my ideals of a good book. I really did enjoy reading their story, thank you, Jack.
Anna
Mar 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Really good!

Laura Rollins did it again! This was such a great and fun story. I loved the rivalry between the House of Lords and Commons. It was exciting and gave suspense to the storyline.
You should totally read this one! It can be read as a standalone or in order of the series. Both ways are great!
Chauney
Apr 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A Fantastic Story

I loved this book right from the start. The characters were fun and engaging. Felix and Joselyn go from enemies to lovers. I feel this idea was executed well. Felix and Joselyn's love was challenged and it left me feeling that they truly were a good match. I highly recommend this book series.
Nari
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. I loved how the characters developed with the story. The storyline pulled me in and I was hooked until the last page. The epilogue has been impatient to read Cassandra’s story. Overall a great book and I highly recommend it.
Belinda K Miller
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love concurs all!

Opposites attract and oh how the love grows and blooms. A young man coming into.his own and helps to try and bring change and to win his loves father to his side of things!

• A Forgiving Heart (Seasons of Change #2)
  • The Road Through Rushbury (Seasons of Change, #1)
  • The Jewels of Halstead Manor (Ladies of Devon #1)
  • The Cottage by Coniston (Seasons of Change, #5)
  • A Lily in Disguise (Wycliffe Family, #1)
  • The Ace of Hearts  (Larkhall Letters #1)
  • A Foolish Heart (Regency Shakespeare #1)
  • Thawing the Viscount's Heart (Belles of Christmas: Frost Fair #3)
  • The Lady of Larkspur Vale (Ladies of Devon #2)
  • All is Mary and Bright (Belles of Christmas: Frost Fair #2)
  • A Lord of Many Masks (Wycliffe Family, #2)
  • A Well-Trained Lady (Seasons of Change, #4)
  • Romancing Her Rival (Promise of Forever After #2)
  • The Last Eligible Bachelor  (Seasons of Change Book, #3)
  • My Wild Heart (Regency Shakespeare, #2)
  • A Haunting at Havenwood (Seasons of Change, #6)
  • On the Second Day of Christmas  (The Belles of Christmas: Frost Fair #4)
For L. G. Rollins, conversations regarding Schrodinger’s cat, the effects of scientific advancements on politics, and whether Infinity is better categorized as a number or an idea are all quite commonplace. To be short, she is an unapologetic nerd. Mix in her love of whimsy and the unusual, and you get Steam and Shadow, a steampunk series of science, sweet romance, and unexpected adventures.

To lea

Lockhart (5 books)
  • Wager for a Lady's Hand (Lockhart, #1)
  • A Heart in the Balance (Lockhart, #3)
  • A Farewell Kiss (Lockhart, #4)
  • A Well-Kept Promise (Lockhart, #5)

News & Interviews