Start by marking “Happy Valley” as Want to Read:
Happy Valley

Happy Valley

With Grandpa suffering a heart attack, Juliette Hollander saw little choice but to head back to their Tennessee mountain farm in Happy Valley to help out. She didn't expect, or want, to leave behind her life and work in North Carolina to return to her grandparents' home so soon. Nor did she imagine meeting, and working with, the mysterious man she met briefly last summer ...more
Expected publication: April 2nd 2020 by Mountain Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about Happy Valley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Valley

Start your review of Happy Valley
Julia
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Happy Valley by Lin Stepp is a delightful contemporary Christian novel. It is part of the Mountain Home series but can be read as a stand-alone.
I always adore Lin Stepps novels as they wrap around me like a cosy blanket on a cold day. The characters are kind and caring, wholesome with huge hearts that are community minded.
The reader sees how important it is not to judge by appearances. The Lord looks at the heart. We, too, should be more concerned with the state of our heart than the condition
Suzie Waltner
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lin Stepp invites readers to enjoy the beauty and history of the Smoky Mountains while encompassing them in the tight-knit community with all of its highs and lows in Happy Valley.

Balancing the challenges of a newcomer in a town inhabited mostly by people whose families have been around for generation, Stepp introduces a bevy of characters who range from welcoming to pompous to suspicious. And each one of them is memorable.

Walker and Juliette share an immediate attraction that grows throughout
Fawn
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Again Lin Stepp has written another book that feels like a place I want to call home. HAPPY VALLEY has captured the beauty and flaws of small communities. The people are all so real, and the problems they each face are deep and relatable. I love how many of my own dreams and struggles I could see in this book.
I also now have to try my hand at quilting. That was a major part of who Juliette is and made me want to pick up a needle and thread.
There was drama threaded in with high tension yet never
Carrie Tripp
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Thoughts on Happy Valley
Suggested Beverage Pairing: Chocolate Milkshake
Characterization
Juliette Hollander is not your typical mountain raised farm girl. Juliette has a gift in art, and shes been using that gift for a few years. However, the allegiance she feels towards the grandparents who raised her is stronger than her desire to create crazy quilts. She comes home to help out, but doesnt expect to meet and fall in love with a stranger to the community. Could Walker Logan be the person who
Lin Stepp
Mar 21, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
My latest novel set in the Smoky Mountains in my new Mountain Home series of stand-alone books. I hope readers will enjoy visiting in the quiet, rural area really called Happy Valley near the Abrams Creek area of the Smokies. I hope you love this new story!! ... The back of the book reads:

Escape to the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee in this sweet tale of two young people who meet by chance, their paths soon overlapping and intertwining amid a cast of warm-hearted characters in the small rural
Christi
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
With the Smoky Mountains as a gorgeous backdrop, the reader is taken to the charming Happy Valley, along with newcomer Walker Logan, who has decided to take up residence in the small mountain town and open an old-timey general store for locals as well as visitors that hike and camp in the area. Reading details about the area, and the general store itself, were some of my favorite parts, the scenery coming alive on the page.

Juliette is a local gal that instantly has a connection with the newcomer
Pam
Mar 27, 2020
Sherri
Mar 28, 2020

News & Interviews

Mary Pauline Lowry knows a thing or two about being stuck at home when you don't want to be. After all, the premise of her newest novel, The Rox...