Start by marking “Archery, Projectiles, and Canoeing: Secrets of the Forest” as Want to Read:
Archery, Projectiles, and Canoeing: Secrets of the Forest

Archery, Projectiles, and Canoeing: Secrets of the Forest

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  1 rating  ·  2 reviews
In this fourth volume of the "Secrets of the Forest" series, outdoor educator Mark Warren describes the details of how to make and operate the tools that hurl projectiles toward a target including:

- "firing" techniques of a sling, spear, atl-atl, bow and arrow, throwing knife, tomahawk, and blowgun.

- a comprehensive lesson in the art of archery that includes the direct, l
Published November 1st 2020 by Lyons Press

To ask other readers questions about Archery, Projectiles, and Canoeing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Archery, Projectiles, and Canoeing

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·
 ·  1 rating  ·  2 reviews

Start your review of Archery, Projectiles, and Canoeing: Secrets of the Forest
Mark Warren
Mar 15, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
From the Author:
There is a lot in this book about weapons: stone, spear, atl-atl, blow gun, knife, tomahawk, and bow. But the heart and soul of this section is archery, which I found to be a defining part of my soul. I have poured more information into the archery section than any other, because I have delved into it most deeply. You will find a mountain of information about shooting form here.

I can say the same about canoeing. These are the two subjects that seemed to materialize in me out of t
Susan
After taking classes with Mark Warren for more than 25 years, these books are the perfect addition to my collection of nature books and notebooks of information from classes taken at Medicine Bow. Not only do the "Secrets of the Forest" books contain all the information you need on their respective subjects, they are beautiful to read. They are full of many nature and animal encounters, and some amusing anecdotes.

I highly recommend this series! Volume 4 is for anyone who would like to better the
Blake Cauthen
Cheryl
Mar 01, 2021
Curtis Urness
Mar 15, 2021
Mark Warren grew up in College Park near Atlanta, Georgia and is a graduate of the University of Georgia with a degree in Chemistry/Pre-med. Following undergraduate college work Mark pursued music composition and arrangement at Georgia State University, while performing original works in various concerts, scoring plays for The Academy Theater and having his suite The Once and Future King performed ...more

News & Interviews