Start by marking “Raising Sir Gallant: The lessons that transformed a young farm boy into a knight.” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  2 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Published December 12th 2019 by Bristol & Thornbury

To ask other readers questions about Raising Sir Gallant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raising Sir Gallant

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Raising Sir Gallant: The lessons that transformed a young farm boy into a knight.
Kasey Giard
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was the perfect gentle read for where I am right now. It definitely has a day-in-the-life feel to it, but it also features a hero with a clear goal who needs to navigate some obstacles along the way.

I enjoyed the period details and the thoughtful way that life during medieval time was described. It kept the story at a gentle pace but didnt leave me feeling bogged down with history.

Honestly, I thought the whole approach to the story was very thoughtful. There are vocabulary words in
Linda
This is a charming sort of "coming of age" story of a young boy who is given the opportunity to train to become a knight. But the training Gallant receives is not what he initially expects or hopes for. Sir Francis knows that before a boy is ready to learn to handle a steed or wield a sword he must first train his mind and manners and develop the heart of a knight. This story meets the standards I often looked for when choosing literature for my children when I homeschooled them: It depicts Love ...more