Start by marking “Canadian Dreadful: An Anthology” as Want to Read:
Canadian Dreadful: An Anthology

Canadian Dreadful: An Anthology

"CANADIAN DREADFUL showcases some of Canada’s best voices in horror fiction. This anthology is a harrowing tour of the northern landscape that will leave you both dazzled and terrified." ~David Morrell, New York Times best-selling author of Murder as a Fine Art

In the pages of this anthology, you will not find the Canada you are accustomed to, nor a Canada that the world
Published July 12th 2019 by Dark Dragon Publishing (first published June 16th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Canadian Dreadful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Canadian Dreadful

Start your review of Canadian Dreadful: An Anthology
Tobin Elliott
Ah, the anthology. Always a mixed blessing.

It's very typical to find every anthology—whether single or multiple author—a rollercoaster of quality. Some are gonna be great, some are gonna be shit, and then there's the majority in the middle that good enough to be considered okay, but not great enough to be remembered much past the last sentence is read.

There's not a lot of groundbreaking work here, and much of the time I felt two things. First, that the authors could have, in most cases, pushed a
Billy
Nov 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
I have a bad habit of picking out books by their covers alone, which is exactly how I ended up reading Canadian Dreadful. Plus, I love anything and everything horror. Unfortunately, I had many issues with the writing in all 14 tales. Even with a short horror story, I expect there to be detailed descriptions and well-written characters but I didn't get any of these things. I've never been to Canada and I was hoping to get a vivid picture of the landscape from the descriptions but that never occur ...more
Sheryl Powers
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice collection of short stories. I didn't love them all, but loved most of them.
J.A. Sullivan
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Many folks around the world know Canada as that place with all the snow, with citizens constantly saying sorry. But there is so much more to this fabulous country I call home. Our landscape is varied from soaring mountains to flat plains to rugged coastlines. Our people are diverse in backgrounds, cultures, and beliefs. And when you combine all these elements you have the perfect ingredients for uniquely flavoured horror stories.

Canadian Dreadful is an anthology of fourteen short stories explor
Kay Hawkins
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
More people need to review this book. I it's a very good book packed full of eerie Canadian ghost stories. Each story bringing something different. If you are a fan of ghost stories or horror this is a collection for you. Wonderful authors in here, an amazing collection. More people need to review this book because I don't want to be the only one when I don't think My review does this book any justice.
Franklin Wales
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this anthology. As a reader anthologies are a hit and miss collection. The secret, if there is one, is to find one, is to find a collection that has more hits than misses to you personally. For this reader Canadian Dreadful has more hits than misses. All of these tales are good. Some of them in my opinion are GREAT. Overall Tocher has put together a damn fine collection. No one sent me a review copy. I paid to read this book.
Timothy Totten
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not a single dud in the entire collection. It was fantastic from cover to cover! Some really creepy stuff in there, with a great diversity in tone and topic, yet all having the common thread of Canadiana. My only complaint was when I turned the last page of the last story and realized I was done. I'm definitely hoping a volume 2 is planned!
Crystal Slaght-Silvermane
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A page turner for sure! Couldn't put it down!
A wonderful collection of Canadian stories, edited by David Tocher, guaranteed to send shivers up your spine as you flick through the pages and read about the dreadful things that may have happened in very familiar places! Read this in one day, couldn't put it down!
Jasmine
Dec 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Review coming soon!
Robin Rowland
Mar 05, 2020
Elliott Dunstan
Feb 23, 2020
Nancy Kilpatrick
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Robert
Nov 16, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine 2 18 Jul 28, 2019 12:17AM

• The Magic Fairy Godmother
  • Gabby and the Dark
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • Ravensridge
  • The World That We Knew
  • Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #14)
  • Summer's Promise
  • Spider-Man/Deadpool, Vol. 9: Eventpool
  • The Empty House
  • The Road Home
  • Pokergeist
  • Middlegame (Middlegame, #1)
  • White is for Witching
  • Bloodchild and Other Stories
  • Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness, #1)
  • The Changeling