Start by marking “Dead as a Doornail (The Journals of Octavia Hollows Book 6)” as Want to Read:
Dead as a Doornail (The Journals of Octavia Hollows Book 6)

Dead as a Doornail

(The Journals of Octavia Hollows #6)

With a touch of her hand, Octavia Hollows can restore life. Yet, she couldn’t save the man she loved from the horrific accident that stole him from her. Octavia thought she could outrun the pain, but ghosts from the past refuse to be silenced. Out of options, she chooses to retrace her wayward journey across the country in search of answers. Surrounded by baffling mysterie ...more
Published July 25th 2019 by Anchor Group Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dead as a Doornail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead as a Doornail

Start your review of Dead as a Doornail (The Journals of Octavia Hollows Book 6)
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Her journey has come full circle and now Octavia is back in Tallahassee, Florida, the place where Elba died and where her stalker is now holding her coven captive. Reid has travelled with her wanting to help her and pay back the debt he feels he owes her but her focus remains on finding Elba's body and rescuing her coven.

I'm not going to say too much about this final instalment because I don't want to give spoilers but I will say I was really happy with the way this series ended (although I'm st
Samantha
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have been very eager to read the conclusion of Octavia's adventures, although I truly never want them to end. She and Bacon have embedded themselves in my heart and it is bittersweet reading this final installment. I loved the characters and the humor every step of the way through this one. I thought the way the series ended was an interesting twist, and I was very excited to see that there would be more adventures coming in 2020. ...more
Autumn
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2019
I received an ARC to give an honest review.

I love that I will be owning this book when it comes out on the 25th!! I need to own all of them in pb as it is a good collection to have. The author did just another terrific job again with a series. Amazing character building, humor, action, fighting scenes all came together in a way that makes you want to read more. Sadly this is the last book in this series but we are told we might get to see more of Octavia and Bacon later my fingers are crossed.

In
Nicci
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
The finale we've been waiting for! The answers to who the creepy ass stalker is and what happened to Elba! It wasn't the ending I was expecting but I liked it! I like that it wasn't what I assumed it would be and that Octavia will be moving forward with a fresh start, her ghosts laid to rest, but no longer alone.

I REALLY hope we get more of her whacky adventures in the future!
Michelle
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So far, this is my favorite series by the author. I've only read one other, the Rise of the Sea Witch one. I did like this one quite a bit more. The wit, the pig, the badassness, the actual storylines. It all came together.
I did see a little blurb at the end saying Octavia will be back 2020, so Stacey, if you read this, make 2020 great by giving us more. Thanks.
Christy
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Addicting to say the least

In less than 24 I have read all 6 of these short works. Omg I am on love with bacon and want Reid to be my new wing men when I go out. I literally couldn’t put them down.
Jodi
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Octavia has finally come full circle and is back in Florida, with Bacon and Reid with her. C.A.S has captured the Coven and now wants Octavia to come out and 'play'. He doesn't give her much time to find the Coven. Jealous Elba shows up to help, and ultimately gives his ok to find friendship and maybe love with Reid. Things do not go Octavia's way - it's messy, painful, and full of heartache. The banter is back. We see a little bit of her relationship with Elba and the Coven. This is all I'm goi ...more
Ashley
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book. This series has become one of my favorite.
Marissa
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Dead as a Doornail is the final installment in a set of novellas in the Journals of Octavia Hollows series and it definitely wrapped things up quite nicely for our snarky, pink-haired necromancer, her undead piggy sidekick, and her wolfy protector. Everything Octavia's been dealing with throughout the series comes to a critical point - unraveling the mystery behind her dead fiance and the freak who is following her while sending her body parts and finding her kidnapped coven. Her past comes back ...more
Good Books & Tasty Morsels
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have I really reached the end of The Journals of Octavia Hollows? How can that be?

Dead As A Doornail is the last instalment in this series, and what an amazing way to wrap up this storyline. Octavia and (my book man crush) Reid are on a race against the clock to save her coven, and get Elba back. I don't want to ruin the book by giving spoilers, but she finally gets the answers of who's stalking her, kidnapped her coven, and who took Elba from her. This mysteries man is not what you would have t
Paranormal Tendencies
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m having a hard time finding the words for how much I love Octavia’s story so far. Her journey was a lonely one till she met Reid. It was just her and Bacon on the open road trying to track down her fiance’s body. You know, that old story… Along the way she defeated some nasty foes and made some friends, but she always moved on alone. Then she met Reid. Now she has a swine kick and someone to watch her back! Let’s just hope that is enough to save her coven.
If I didn’t have this series on my k
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Wow.....What a way to end this series of Novellas!!

The characters are phenomenal! Octavia is still her savvy and amazing self and I am still all for #teamReid. They make quite the powerful couple!! And I can't forget Bacon. He is still my hero pig. Power to the piggy!!

The story-line is incredible! So much action and suspense adding up to a shocking yet unforgettable ending. Rourke has once again used her storytelling power to reel me in hook, line and sinker from beginning to end. I so can't bel
Kim
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Final book in this series. So sad to see it end. Stacey did a wonderful job with this series. I really liked how she wrapped up Octavia and Bacon's adventures. This is one series I really would love to get the paperback version so I can read this at anytime. I am happy that Octavia got answers she was searching for. I found the last 3 books in this series were my favorite and got better and better. I found the action and the searching that Octavia had to do was more exciting and seemed to ha ...more
Dolorianne
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant! Ended in the only way it could have. I warred with myself over what I wanted from this series finale, what would feel right. I didn't know what the author had planned, but assumed certain things would happen. Yes and no. Yes in all the best ways, and no in all the ways that would have been wrong, as it turns out. I really enjoyed the race to save the day. The author made choices throughout the entire series that meant no one was safe, which caused a few heart spikes along the way. Cha ...more
Niamh Hunter
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Faulkner
Slam a Gatorade and take off your pants HOT!!

Outstanding! Heart wrenching! Written with the usual snarky sarcasm and witty humor that are true Octavia style. Totally laugh out loud funny and it might just pull on your heartstrings, as well. This book has it all. A fabulous ending to the series! Almost all of my questions were answered in this final chapter of Octavia’s journey to find her dead fiancé, Elba. Bacon and Reid are the best of sidekicks, along with Elba in a surprising twist of fate.
Kira Assad
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This series of novellas has been one thrilling ride full of humor, action, and adventure with twists and turns throughout! I am so sad to see it end, but Stacey Rourke created such a fabulous world full of interesting characters that came together so well in the end. The underlining question throughout each of the novellas is finally answered. I feel for Octavia as she has gone through a lot of hardships, but luckily our favorite pink haired heroine is not going down without a fight.
Jennifer Treviño
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Soooooo Good!!
This series is hilarious, heart wrenching, & adventurous wrapped in a paranormal bow of awesome! Each release had my full attention until the very end, & I could not get my hands on the next quick enough. I am sad for the end, but beyond thrilled to know we will see more of Octavia & Bacon...and hopefully Reid!
If you enjoy paranormal tales with a twist that may bring on the tears, but will always bring a chuckle too then this series is for you! Life’s always better with Bacon!
Ashley Marie
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm in love

I think this was the best of them all yet.. I have binged the entire series as quickly as I could wanting to go on the adventures with our pink haired friend & porky sidekick. I'm sad I've got to wait for the next adventure.. But I'm so happy with the events of this book. It seems she's finally healing since book one.
Sue
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this book all the intrigue and unanswered questions are finally answered.
The mystery stalker is revealed And with it sees Octavia face her biggest challenge yet, one that could see her lose everything!
A gripping and nail biting finale to this adventure, I’ll be keeping a close eye on any future adventures from Octavia and Bacon.
Belinda Clemons
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh Stacey im.Very happy. You brought us an ending that was happy and sad all in one I loved it im.still crying. It was a ending this wonderful series deserved thank you for allowing us to go on this journey with you.
Beverly
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I did not want this series to end I will be team bacon forever. I was stunned how it ended and wholly approve of the ending can't wait to read more from this author and maybe revisit these characters again. ...more
Gena Grider
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally!!

I have been searching for books like this for a long time. So glad I found this! It’s a funny paranormal read that isn’t just sex. There’s love interest and a great plot!! Wish I could find more like this!!
Jo
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A heartwarmingly sweet and laugh out loud funny page turner. Loved it!!

Favorite Quote:
“I’m new to all this. Are they going to want to eat my brains? Scale of one to ten, how concerned should I be?”

Megan | A Page to Turn
Finally got a chance to sit down and finish this one, I feel like it took so long because I wasn’t ready to say goodbye!

I really enjoyed this last novella of the series- I feel like we got some closure, but I am hoping we eventually see more from Octavia, Bacon, and Reid!
Crystal Gray
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: signed-gems
This wrapped up pretty nicely! All my questions got answered. Not sure where it will go in 2020 when it continues but this was the perfect conclusion for now :-)
Jojo
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not all hero's wear capes

"Not all hero's wear capes," and I have to say nothing felt more right then that sentence. Octavia and Bacon along with few friends confront her past.
Kelly
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, horror
What a perfect ending series. Thank you Mrs Rourke for the best laugh. I enjoyed it.
Heather Rizkallah
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Octavia, bacon and Reid set out on a journey to find answers which cannot be Told. But Octavia had to know the truth
Lizz Taylor
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A satisfying ending to an enjoyable series. I am looking forward to October 2020 when we will have more adventures of Octavia. I look forward to reading more books by Stacey Rourke.

• Magitek (The Rift Chronicles, #1)
  • Knights Magica (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #5)
  • Let it All Burn (From the Ashes, #1)
  • Well of Magic (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill #4)
  • Dark Dancer (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #3)
  • How to Rattle an Undead Couple (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #9)
  • Fate's Demand (Havenwood Falls #28)
  • Predestined (Havenwood Falls High #26)
  • Reaper Unexpected (Deadside Reapers, #1)
  • Dragon's Egg (Dark Streets #2)
  • War Song (The Rift Chronicles, #2)
  • The Wu & the Wand (Havenwood Falls #29)
  • Reaper Uninvited (Deadside Reapers, #2)
  • Woman of Blood & Bone (Rogue Ethereal #1)
  • Night Stalker (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #2)
  • Midlife Fairy Hunter (Forty Proof, #2)
  • Delivering Evil for Experts (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #4)
  • Rediscovered (Havenwood Falls High #27)

The Journals of Octavia Hollows (6 books)
  • Wake the Dead (The Journals of Octavia Hollows #1)
  • Dead Man's Hand (The Journals of Octavia Hollows Book 2)
  • Caught Dead (The Journals of Octavia Hollows Book 3)
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous (The Journals of Octavia Hollows Book 4)
  • Dead Ringer (The Journals of Octavia Hollows Book 5)