Start by marking “The Man Who Corrupted Heaven: A beautifully dark novel of self-discovery” as Want to Read:
The Man Who Corrupted Heaven: A beautifully dark novel of self-discovery

The Man Who Corrupted Heaven: A beautifully dark novel of self-discovery

Isaac McGlynn is a successful businessman who was brought up in an orphanage after the death of his mother. Not only has that experience led him to become fabulously wealthy, it's made him cold and unfeeling. When he learns that he has cancer and has little time left to live, he decides that he will take his money with him rather than leaving it all to his best friend and ...more
Published February 7th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Man Who Corrupted Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Man Who Corrupted Heaven

Start your review of The Man Who Corrupted Heaven: A beautifully dark novel of self-discovery
Moitsa Parker
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am an avid reader of all genre’s and this book was on my Xmas reading list. It kept my attention from the first page to the last, great characters & interesting tale...I was a bit disappointed it actually ended...as I wanted to what would happen next...!!!
Moreshnie
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed discovering the characters and the story! Loved the twists as they unfolded.
Also gave me time to reflect on the most important things in life ! Great read ... can’t wait for the next book
Mark
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
An easy but thought provoking read. Some great imagery and concepts. A fast paced flow that left me reading "just one more chapter" until I'd suddenly finished it and was left keen for a sequel. My one criticism was that the characters became a little less likeable as the book progressed but if I wanted predictable characters I'd read Charles Dickens or something. Overall, an excellent read. ...more
Leanne Shelton
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Absolutely loved it. Devoured it in 24 hours! Easy to read and very interesting perspective of life after death.
Donna
Mar 13, 2021 rated it liked it
Thanks for sharing your book with me in return for an honest review.

I loved the idea of this story and the first couple of chapters left me wanting to read more. It was a great opening.

However, after the funeral I started to lose interest, maybe because I just finished reading The Midnight Library by Matt Haig which has a similar theme.

For me the book lacked colour, all I knew about Isaac was his wealth, had 2 friends and was dying.  Where was the book set, what was his home like, what season
GRAHAM FERGUS
Oct 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Three and a half maybe

Not sure what I expected but I was intrigued by the title and the reviews seemed fairly positive. It kind of rambles on without really getting to any real point. I appreciate that it is supposed to be all about perspective but I didn't think it provided any real insights. I now know it is part of at least a trilogy of books about each of the main characters but don't feel like I will rush to read them when they become available.
wendy moss
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected treasure

This book wasn't anything like i expected it to be. I started to read it because I couldn't imagine how heaven could be corrupted. Fully prepared not to like it.
Instead it flew into my list of all-time best reads because it was different.
It was also captivating and absorbing with characters who, although flawed, were likeable.
I can't wait for the next titles
jill
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Amazing Afterlife

Whether a Christian, or someone who believes in reincarnation, or spiritualist, all wonder what happens after death. Mr. Hood has brought to life a perspective that will surely be contemplated for a very long time. Thank you, Mr. Hood, I definitely appreciate this book and your style!
Gail Wheatley
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Brilliant

Loved this book. Very fast paced and thought provoking. As a Christian, I enjoyed the slant on Heaven Andrew writes about. Looking forward to the next books. Don't leave us waiting too long for them. Would reccomend to every one.
Alan Player
Mar 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
A very good ethic but I have to say if you can get past the beginning and the odd mentions of the abuse etc the all round end is positive, must say not my best read but each person will see into this and see something entirely different.... ✨
Beckie Hines
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Enjoyed it!! It's a page turner. It's a well written story about abuse, murder, deceit, revenge, greed and love. Look forward 2 the next book.
mike sadler
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
A book that stays in my thoughts

I would have liked to explore the characters moore

The way evil actions was viewed by the afterlife ,thought provoking

Juanita M Goyette
Feb 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Intriguing

A bit confusing at the beginning, but, by the end, I was totally involved and anxious for the follow ups.
Jada Pike
Apr 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Good story

Loved it. Really good draw you in story. I would recommend it to anyone. can't wait for sequel. Thank you Goodreads
Katy
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was very keen to read this book after I spent time with Andrew & Elizabeth his wife at what was to be an interesting night out seeing a band.

Liz and I talk books a lot, compare reads and suggest books to each other often. So finally meeting her husband, only to find out he too was an author was a wonderful surprise.

I love a book that presents a philosophical stand point interwoven with a story. You get the chance to enjoy the authors story telling, but also get the chance to stop and process
WKEdmond
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gripping and made me think

Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Very different perspective of afterlife. Story held my interest till the end. Looking forward to the sequel.
Yvette Smart
Feb 08, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• American Dirt
  • A Counselor, an Old Man and a Park Bench
  • P.S. I Love You (P.S. I Love You, #1)
  • While You Walked By
  • Everything My Mother Taught Me
  • The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto
  • 180 Seconds
  • The Likely Resolutions of Oliver Clock
  • Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots
  • A Fire Sparkling
  • One for the Blackbird, One for the Crow
  • Princess Sultana's Circle (Princess Trilogy)
  • Waiting for Morning (Forever Faithful, #1)
  • Found (Firstborn, #3)
  • Like Dandelion Dust
  • When the Game Is Over, It All Goes Back in the Box
  • Rome Sweet Home: Our Journey to Catholicism
  • Safely Home

News & Interviews

Jordan Morris is a comedy writer and podcaster whose credits include @Midnight, Unikitty! and Earth to Ned.  The sci-fi comedy Bubble is his...