Start by marking “My Very Own Hitman: a sweet suspense novel” as Want to Read:
My Very Own Hitman: a sweet suspense novel

My Very Own Hitman: a sweet suspense novel

A clean laugh-out-loud romance with a killer twist!

When Jessica gets blackmailed into working for a gang boss, the last thing she expects to find is romance. She is certain her bucket list full of wishes- like learning to ice skate and kissing under the mistletoe- will never come true. When she tries to run for it, the boss sends a hitman after her. But when the hitman s
Published August 6th 2019 by Village Lane Publishing (first published October 29th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about My Very Own Hitman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Very Own Hitman

Start your review of My Very Own Hitman: a sweet suspense novel
Cait | GoodeyReads
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I WOULD READ A FULL NOVEL LIKE THIS.

BLOG || INSTAGRAM

I saw this as a recommendation on Bookstagram as a light-hearted, entertaining, and a novella that’ll make you smile. And they were right!

This was a short and simple novella with a kinda dark background. Our MC has been wrapped up into gang work and when she tries to escape she runs into a cute stranger. Then said stranger is blackmailed into being her hitman. Y’all, what a plot line. I can’t say I’ve heard this before!

It was definitely a roma
Abigail Harris
A review may come... We'll see. ...more
Dana Michael
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute Story

Cute and short story by a new to me author. It is a romantic comedy about a young gal who has a hit man out to get her and let's her finish her bucket list first.
Hannah Dixon
Jun 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute story. I love the cover! ❤ I finished this in one day. It ended so perfectly.
Cherise
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun, quick read

This novella was a fun, quick read and definitely worth the buy. I'm typically not a fan of present tense first person, but I'm glad I stuck to it. A cute romance with fun action.
KayLee
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything! From romance and comedy to suspense and action packed! It's so nice to be able to read a book and not have to worry about any explicit content. This book is amazing and definitely a must read!! ...more
J
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun, engaging but easy read. I would recommend it for someone in middle school or high school, but great for anyone that wants a quick read.
Amy Call
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a cute quick and easy read. A clean Romance that has some surprises in it.
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started reading this aloud to my mom and couldn't stop! It's a funny and wonderful romantic comedy/thriller book. I really like that for a sort of romance it's clean too, which I really appreciate. It has a quite bit of action and fighting scenes too. This is exactly the kind of book I love to read! I highly recommend it! ...more
Christy
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so fun! It called to all my loves: suspense, romance, humor, thriller- without profanity and inappropriate content. I was laughing and making predictions of the ending the first half, and cheering, crying, and on the edge of my seat the last half. A book I can recommend to all my friends and family.
Danielle Hale
My Very Own Hitman: a romantic comedyThis book is worth reading. It's fun and engaging. ...more
Bethany
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: modern, owned
Hallmark Christmas movie meets Jason Bourne, this book is fun and scary and hilarious and romantic.
Janae
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fun read. I enjoy a good, clean, fast, easy romance every now and then. If you're looking for any of those things then this is for you! ...more
Desiree
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I opened this book up at 9:30 p.m & stayed up till I fiinshed it. It was a fun, and light read. The h was quirky & the H endearing. I enjoyed their banter. I didn't even care if the whole idea of a hitman giving you time to do a bucket list is plausible. One reviewer complained it was dark. Well, yes hitman and being blackmailed is dark, I suppose so maybe it's a dramedy? I think I'll try this author again! I laughed & smiled & enjoyed the story ...more
Regina
Jan 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Cute and fun quick read!

Although there were some darker and grittier scenes, overall it was a fun story that had some truly funny scenes. The romance was a pretty slow burn, but especially toward the end, there were also some scenes that hit me right in the feels.

Looking forward to reading more by this author!

(Technical side note and not relevant to my rating: In my edition, the chapter headers were counting wrong.)
Shebb
Dec 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An unexpected adventure with twists and turns.

I enjoyed this story, and laughed out loud on a few occasions. The witty comments by Jessica, her forthright personality and 'go-getter' approach to her situation made for a great read.
Crystal
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very good. I enjoyed reading it to find out what was going to happen next.
Katherine
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Such an interesting perspective for the story. I want more!
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

4.5

This was a lot better than I expected, Jess was fun and relatable. I would have liked more though, especially of them together.
Pia Kroyer
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining!

I can really see this book as a movie. Fast paced and humorous tongue in cheek. Fun book to read.
Laramee
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
A short sweet suspense novel with a side of comedy!
Kay
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book surprised me in how much I ended up enjoying it!

It was just a fun cute read. It was the perfect book to just relax and enjoy! :)
Florence Witt
Really cute, a bit disappointed in the ending.
Kristine
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a fun book! A very quick read but so worth it. I highly recommend. 😁
Shirley
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku
Awfully cute. Fun to read. Though the situation is anything but comic, yet I liked the way the author subtly builds brief moments that spring a smile on your face or make you giggle and even laugh out loud. Nice one. Would recommend for a light read.
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun, quick read! I loved it!
Rebecca
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!! A fun, clean romantic comedy! If you are a fan of Matchmaking for Beginners or The Overdue Life of Amy Byler, you will love My Very Own Hitman! Jessica is an overworked, underpaid (haha!) college student being blackmailed by one of the worst gang leaders around. When he realizes she is likely to bolt, he sends a hit man after her. In the chaos that ensues, Jessica finds out she had more to live for than she thought she did.
Completely fun. A quick-read page-turner that will make you
Dananna
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Can't die yet!

Wow! Sometimes good people get to meet other good people when things go bad....and even when they are forced to do bad deeds! This story has some really bad surrounded by dreams and wish-lists coming true before they die! Hooray for communication and truth saving the day and leading to potential true love.
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this aloud to my mom and couldn't stop! It's a funny and wonderful romantic comedy/thriller book. I really like that for a romance it's clean too, which I really appreciate. It has a bit of action and fighting scenes too. This is exactly the kind of book I love to read! I highly recommend it! ...more
Haley
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Far-fetched, unbelievable plot combined with little to no depth and development to the characters equals a story that fell short in what I was hoping would be a fun, light romance. I appreciated that it was clean, and I can see potential in the author's writing though. ...more

• Falling for Your Boss (Love Clichés, #2)
  • Falling for Your Best Friend's Twin (Love Clichés, #1)
  • Falling for Your Fake Fiancé (Love Clichés Sweet RomCom #3)
  • The Twelve Holidates: a Sweet Christmas RomCom Novella
  • All is Mary and Bright (Belles of Christmas: Frost Fair #2)
  • His Disinclined Bride (Seasons of Change, #7)
  • First Kiss Train Wreck (Shaped by Love #3)
  • Oh, Keep Your Shirt On (Shaped By Love #2)
  • Of Cloudless Climes and Starry Skies (Kinsley Sisters, #2)
  • The Christmas Letters
  • Mr. Gardiner and the Governess (Clairvoir Castle Romances #1)
  • The Widow of Falbrooke Court (Ladies of Devon #3)
  • The Hope of Christmas Past: Sweet Regency Romance (A Dickens of a Christmas Book 1)
  • The Christmas Foundling (Belles of Christmas: Frost Fair #5)
  • Give Me One Good Reason: A Sweet Romantic Comedy (Shaped By Love Book 4)
  • The Off Limits Rule (It Happened in Nashville, #1)
  • A Hopeful Christmas: A Regency Romance Collection
  • The Peace of Christmas Yet to Come (A Dickens of a Christmas #3)