Start by marking “The Journals of Octavia Hollows: Books 1-6” as Want to Read:
The Journals of Octavia Hollows: Books 1-6

The Journals of Octavia Hollows: Books 1-6

(The Journals of Octavia Hollows #1-6)

With a touch of her hand, Octavia Hollows can restore life. Yet, she couldn’t save the man she loved from the horrific accident that stole him from her. Octavia thought she could outrun the pain, but ghosts from the past refuse to be silenced. Out of options, she chooses to retrace her wayward journey across the country in search of answers. Surrounded by baffling mysterie ...more
Published August 10th 2019 by Anchor Group Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Journals of Octavia Hollows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Journals of Octavia Hollows

Start your review of The Journals of Octavia Hollows: Books 1-6
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I liked this one! I am always on the lookout for new Urban Fantasy series to try and I just couldn't resist a story about a necromancer with a resurrected pet pig named Bacon! This book is a collection of 6 different novella-length stories that all tie into a larger story. I did like some of the stories much more than others but I had a good time with the collection overall.

I loved Octavia! She had a lot of spunk and was just a lot o
This book is actually a collection of the first 6 novellas in the Octavia Hollows series by Stacey Rourke. I listened to the audiobook which narrated by Brenda Scott Wlazlo who I thought did a brilliant job with the different character voices. I often find my mind drifts when I'm listening to audiobooks but she did a great job of holding my attention and I ended up devouring the whole series far faster than I usually listen to audiobooks.

I'll talk about each one separately below but lets start w
Sophia
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I originally grabbed the first book separately, but I knew within minutes of listening that I definitely was going to love it. At the end, which left thing open for the series arc after closing out the specific suspense plot for that story, I was eager for the next installment. Easy decision to go for the complete series of six books and still enjoy the wonderful audio work of Brenda Scott Wlazlo.

Wake the Dead
The character, the world, and the series arc was introduced while giving the reader an
Martha
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very fun listen! My Rating: 4.25 of 5.0 Overall; Story 4.25; Narration 4.5.

Octavia is a gutsy young woman with special gifts. She is a necromancer who can restore life and she has a little bit of magic learned from her witch coven friends. Still, she never felt like she belonged or had a family anywhere.

One of her special restorations is her sidekick and constant companion, a miniature pig she named Bacon. Octavia is distressed that she wasn’t able to save her boyfriend, Elba, from a t
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Wake the Dead
What an awesome ride!!

The characters were phenomenal. I loved Octavia's attitude. She is an amazing character that knows how to get to the bottom of each mysterious investigation that she finds in each town...well, except for the one she really wants to solve that is. And of course, I can't forget about Bacon!! He really livens up the story and makes me crave for more!!

The story-line is incredible! Rourke has a knack for drawing in her readers and keeping us guessing from beginnin
Crystal Gray
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series of novellas was so fun! Each one brings her to a different place, with a different problem. Octavia and Bacon for the win.
Nicci
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Octavia Hollows is one weird chick.
She is a necromancer who is set apart from other necromancers in that she can fully restore life to dead things. She doesn't bring back zombies, she fully heals the body/vessel and restores the soul so you have a 100% living breathing being back.
She travels with a pig she brought back from the dead and named Bacon, and Bacon seems to be her only friend.
She was bounced around foster homes as a kid until she was taken in by a coven who she also had to leave when
Amber Krystofiak
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Super fun read!

This was fun and fairly light hearted. I enjoyed the snark, the pig and the humor. I will enjoy seeing her with Reid in future books!
Jo Awalt
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun read.

She no push over, but het love for bacon makes her feel down too earth and real. I enjoyed the read.
Ashley
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing series! This series is funny, intelligent and action filled. Definitely recommend!
Sue
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The journals of Octavia Hollows
Format: Audiobook

Bk1 wake the dead:
This is a new to me author and all I can say is where has she been hiding? I loved everything about this book, especially that Octavia’s sidekick is a reanimated pig called bacon, reanimated because Octavia is a necromancer who was working in a butchers shop and that’s where she acquired Bacon :-)
Humour, a good storyline and a very likeable main character make this an entertaining read.

Bk2 dead mans hand:
Octavia can raise the d
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

The six-book collection of THE JOURNALS OF OCTAVIA HOLLOWS gives readers a chance to have the entire series right at their fingertips to move from one story to the next easily. This was an important aspect for me because I am not a fan of cliffhanger endings – I’ve never hidden that fact – however, I am a fan of Stacey Rourke’s writing so I made a decision back when this series first came out that I’d wait until it was complete and then binge read to avoid the cliffha
Flora
A Fun-filled Mystery Adventure set in an Urban Fantasy World.

Stacey Rourke is a new-to-me author and I liked her writing style: I found these stories easy to read. The prose and pace used was good: the tales never feeling rushed and came without any dreaded information dumps or slumps.

I downloaded the ebook for free using my Kindle Unlimited subscription and the Audible narration because I enjoy reading along while listening to a story. Brenda Scott Wlazlo is a new-to-me voice actor and as a n
Lisa
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
I LAUGHED my way through this book! Like Laugh out loud laughing. That doesn’t happen very often. Octavia is smart and she doesn’t mind showing it. She is also a bit clumsy...that is how she got Bacon...her pig. So she now is also cautious.

This is a collection of six stories. Each one is kind of a stand alone with a main storyline running through the whole set. I loved the beginning couple but the last two are my fav! Again so many Pig-isms and Magic flusters that I couldn’t help but laugh and
Jennifer Treviño
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Soooooo So Sooooooo Good!!
This series is hilarious, heart wrenching, & adventurous wrapped in a paranormal bow of awesome! Each release had my full attention until the very end, & I could not get my hands on the next quick enough. I am sad for the end, but beyond thrilled to know we will see more of Octavia & Bacon...and hopefully Reid!
If you enjoy paranormal tales with a twist that may bring on the tears, but will always bring a chuckle too then this series is for you!
A bit of what to expect
Siran
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
*** six books in one?! Awesome!

I wanted to read (and review) this book because the main female has a paranormal ability.

Whenever Octavia used her ability, seemingly nothing but trouble followed.

There were a few graphic details that I could have done without, which stopped me from a rating of five.

Jeri L. Moseley
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well

Not the HEA I expected. When I saw the bundle pack I assumed that this was a complete series, it's not. That being said it's a laugh out loud, tears in your eyes, and heart touching collection of stories about a woman trying to find her place in the world. I'm looking forward to new adventures with Octavia and Bacon in 2020.
TSN ☮
Nov 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019, did-not-finish
DNF

I read this just because of the cover.
I mean, magic, a sword AND a pig?!?

Count me in!
Unfortunately, it was like, nah.

L B
Mar 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Laugh out loud funny.
Heather
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great story lessened by bad mistakes

To many typos and grammar mistakes greatly reduce the fun of a otherwise good story if even one other person. Had proofed it it would help
Lori Potter
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great series!

Loved the fun and quirky characters. Nice mix of paranormal and mystery. I enjoyed the series from book one! Can’t wait for more adventures to come.
Karen Peterson
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quirkiness at its best!

The pig sidekick was my favorite part. Octavia is a snarky character that resonates In my soul! Loved chronicles 1-6!
Debbie Marchant
Michael Mountz
Aug 08, 2020
Oct 03, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• How to Rattle an Undead Couple (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #9)
  • Blood Magic Box Set (Blood Magic #1-6)
  • Change of Heart (The Potentate of Atlanta, #3)
  • How to Survive an Undead Honeymoon (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #8)
  • Death & Desire (The Jezebel Files, #2)
  • Trinity (Feathers and Fire, #9)
  • Damned Souls and a Sangria (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #8)
  • Dead World (Kat Drummond, #7)
  • Reaper's Blood (The Grimm Brotherhood, #1)
  • Midlife Demon Hunter (Forty Proof, #3)
  • The Hocus Pocus Magic Shop (South Side Stories, #2)
  • Anghellic (Feathers and Fire #8)
  • Lost Talismans and a Tequila (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #7)
  • Delivering Evil for Experts (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #4)
  • Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)
  • Reaping Havoc (The Grimm Brotherhood, #2)
  • Blood & Ash (The Jezebel Files, #1)
  • Druid Vices and a Vodka (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #6)

The Journals of Octavia Hollows (6 books)
  • Wake the Dead (The Journals of Octavia Hollows #1)
  • Dead Man's Hand (The Journals of Octavia Hollows Book 2)
  • Caught Dead (The Journals of Octavia Hollows Book 3)
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous (The Journals of Octavia Hollows Book 4)
  • Dead Ringer (The Journals of Octavia Hollows Book 5)
  • Dead as a Doornail (The Journals of Octavia Hollows Book 6)

News & Interviews