Start by marking “Photography For Writers: ​A Writer's Companion for Image-Making” as Want to Read:
Photography For Writers: ​A Writer's Companion for Image-Making

Photography For Writers: ​A Writer's Companion for Image-Making

(Flash Writing)

Love taking pictures? Have a passion for writing? At last—a craft book about photography specifically written from a writer’s POV! If you savor self-expression, then this book is for you— no previous photography skills necessary.

Written by a published photographer and writer who has insight into the image-making process, rest assured that this down-to-earth, expressive gui
Published December 30th 2019 by Vine Leaves Press

To ask other readers questions about Photography For Writers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Photography For Writers

Start your review of Photography For Writers: ​A Writer's Companion for Image-Making
Melissa Slayton
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the anecdotal story-telling approach and upbeat tone coupled with an in depth analysis of where photography, writing, and the techniques of a creative lifestyle all merge.
Lisa
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: writing
One could not ask for a more encouraging and enthusiastic guide to photography than Melanie Faith. Don't let her breezy style fool you--there's plenty of substance here to guide your image making, including lots of great resources for potential publication.
Susan Furst
Whether you are a poet, or a camera phone fanatic, a weekend blogger, or a professional photographer, Melanie Faith’s Photography for Writers is for you. You will learn about the art of image-making as it applies to creative writing and photography. I had the privilege of taking Melanie’s Photography for Writers course online. I enjoyed taking many different kinds of photos. One, in particular, inspired me to write a flash fiction piece. It was published in a literary journal a few months later, ...more
Melanie Faith
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jessica Bell

• 50 Paths to Creative Photography: Style & Technique
  • Paris by the Book
  • Old School
  • Sometimes I Dream in Italian
Melanie Faith’s writing has been published in numerous literary journals and small presses and has been nominated for three Pushcart Prizes. Her flash fiction placed in the Bevel Summer Prize for Short Short Stories and was subsequently published in Shenandoah. She finds joy practicing and teaching in several genres, including: poetry, creative nonfiction, flash fiction, flash nonfiction, and inst ...more

Flash Writing (3 books)