Start by marking “Hot Ride” as Want to Read:
Hot Ride

Hot Ride

*Please be aware Hot Ride originally appeared in the Heart2Heart Charity Anthology, Vol 1, under a different title.*

When phone-sex operator Azrael gets into Travis's Uber, the driver profile claims Travis is deaf. Thank goodness, right? Otherwise, the guy would hear Az's dirty talk which would be all kinds of humiliating considering Az is actually a virgin who doesn't ev
Published June 25th 2019 (first published February 5th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Hot Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Ride

Start your review of Hot Ride
Denise H.
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Travis and Azreal make music and dance !

A delightful short story from Lucy Lennox. Travis is filling in for his brother, an Uber driver. His customer, Azreal, gets in for the ride while having phone sex. It’s dirty and hot, and he doesn’t tell Azreal that he can hear him. After all, it’s his brother’s Uber, and he’s deaf, which the sign says. Then they meet again, and we know Azreal, 25, teaches dance, but he’s also a virgin. Travis is a theatre dance director, 35, and quite taken with Azreal.
Lily
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance, short
Cute, sexy, fun.
Notorious Book Tease
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s Lucy Lennox...of course it was good!

What Lucy Lennox can do with a novella is amazing. This is short, sweet, insta-love goodness. And of course it has LL’s famous sexy scenes. I couldn’t ask for anything more. No cheating, no drama, no angst, and a HEA.
Fani *loves angst*

Sweet & sexy little story with likable MCs. Too many coincidences that made it hard to take it seriously, but it was enjoyable anyway.
Jill
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, 4-star-reads
4.5 Stars
Cris
Jun 11, 2020 rated it liked it
This short story is part of the heart2heart anthology and I have to say, as part of the anthology is really good, by his own? Not so much. I read it before I knew it was part of h2h and wasn't impress at all. But later on, when I read the anthology I found it to be endearing, compared to the other stories.
Cindi
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, m-m, short-story
3.5 stars, rounded up.

Cute story. I liked both Azrael and Travis. To repeat what another review says, a few too many coincidences to be realistic. Even so, it's an entertaining quick read.
HEChapter -Tina J
POV ~> Alternating first person

Looking over the shoulder of a man driving. Nothing noteworthy or exciting about this cover other than the fact that it’s written by Lucy Lennox.

What happens when a phone sex operator (Azreal), who has never had sex before, climbs into the back of an Uber while on a call? What happens when the Uber driver, who is supposed to be deaf but is actually the hearing-abled twin brother filling in (Travis), gets an earful?
HOT RIDE is a fun little story about a closeted ga
Cheryl

Monica
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Anna Goerlitz
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was ok

Ok, so maybe Lucy Lennox only works in small doses for me... or at least not two of her books after another... Even though this was a short I could feel myself getting annoyed and started eye rolling at the end

The premise of this book was super cute, but the execution annoyed me quite a bit - there were just a tad too many convenient accidentals happening for me and everything was way too instalovey and quick.

Especially the last couple of chapters almost made my eyes stuck in my brain
Mandy Jones
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
A good short story

I don't usually read many short stories or novellas. I like more depth, but I knew going into this one what I was getting. I won't hold it against the book, but I do want it to be known that this could have been a great full length novel. I like the humor and sweetness of it.
D.K. Sutton
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Still love this!

I'd read this originally in Heart2Heart and loved it then. It's a great story told in the way only Lucy can. Her stories all have humor, steam, and heart. And the virgin phone sex operator talking dirty to a client in the back of an Uber because he thinks the Uber driver is deaf is irresistible and delicious.
Sarah Sargent
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What I needed

Anything I pick up by Lucy is exactly what I need when I need it. This one is no exception. I needed something light and fun and that is exactly what we get with Azrael and Travis.
Ankita Singh
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Omg this was such a fun read! From the moment it started, I was giggling on and off for the whole book. Travis and Azrael were both such adorable characters and I thoroughly enjoyed reading their story.
Karen
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DID. NOT. WANT. IT. TO END. An absolutely perfect short story. Lucy Lennox at her best. Travis and AZ so need a full-length story, as does twin brother Brody. Hot Ride is not to be missed!
Chelsea Moore
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great short story! I loved it so much! Travis and Azrael were so adorable!
Denae
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was so damn good.
KerriLee
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sexy fun little read!
Melissa
Loved the premise for this short novella. Travis and Azrael were super cute together and also steaming hot!!
Debbora
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short but definitely fulfilling. Love this author’s story’s..
Ess
Sep 02, 2020 rated it did not like it
Meh. That’s all.
Stefanie
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
Sweet little story. Enjoyed reading!
▪️◾️▪️ Jenvile ▪️◾️▪️
DNF - 50%

Great premise, but I think I’m gonna stay away from short stories. I love a good slow burn and a developed story line and this didn’t cut it for me because it was going all too quickly.
Pernille Aarseth
I liked the idea but the all the virgin-talk was cringeworthy.
S
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, lgbtqi, ku
Short, sweet, and delightful.
Leia Rose
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a light, short read filled with a truckload of sweetness. ❤️
Amy
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this short read with an interesting intro to the characters. There was some funny parts along with the sexy times. Lucy Lennox can write steamy.
Michelle Hayden
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For such a short story this book packs quite a whollop!! It was an amazingly beautiful read full of heart and humour.
A very well deserved 5 stars ✨ from me.
Thank you Lucy Lennox for a brilliant read looking forward to a lot more.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Catching Orion
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • Hardwood (Four Bears Construction, #3)
  • The World (Love in O'Leary #3.5)
  • Secret Admirer
  • A Touch of Color
  • Two Men and a Baby (Love & Luck #5)
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • Always Mine (Love in Eden #1)
  • Forgotten: Luca (The Four, #1)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Sexting the Boss
  • Five Fake Dates
  • Endless Stretch of Blue
  • The Fire (Love in O'Leary #4)
  • Tempting Fate: A Love in Eden Short
  • Murphy's Law (Havenwood #2)
  • #Royal (Fever Falls, #4)
I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated!

News & Interviews