Start by marking “Trailblazer: An Intimate Biography of Sarah Palin” as Want to Read:
Trailblazer: An Intimate Biography of Sarah Palin

Trailblazer: An Intimate Biography of Sarah Palin

2.97  ·  Rating details ·  61 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Beginning with Palin's birth in Sandpoint, Idaho, and her family's move to Skagway and then Wasilla, Alaska, Trailblazer details the difficulties of growing up in Alaska, Sarah Palin's early successes as a basketball star and a beauty pageant contestant, and the story of her elopement with Todd Palin, whom she met at Wasilla High. It describes her career as a broadcast jou ...more
Published February 17th 2009 by Threshold Editions (first published February 6th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Trailblazer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trailblazer

Damon Suede
Feb 21, 2011 rated it did not like it
A mawkish, facile biography by an "impartial" writer who (*surprise*) manages to come up with "Aw-Shucks!" loveable moments in one of the most shocking, inexplicable rises in American politics by a self-proclaimed no-nothing. This book is about as impartial as Newt Gingrich's twitter account and about as deep/revealing as a coat of Governor Palin's nail polish.

As always when I read such things, I woinder who the readers are for whom it is intended. The self-cogratulatory back-patty condescends a
James
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Trailblazer is a biography of Sarah Palin - the once-up-and-coming star of the Republican Party during the 2008 election. Written during this time, in order to present a more balanced and nuanced approach to the already-divisive figure, this book does not really provide any new information to either her fans or her detractors. Lorenzo Benet writes a positive portrayal of the former Governess though his writing occasionally descends into the overly sentimental.

This book seems more aimed at those
Patti
Jan 17, 2010 rated it liked it
The author is an assistant editor with PEOPLE Magazine, who was sent to meet Sarah Palin and her family weeks before the announcement that she would be the vice-presidential nominee. (He really hit the jackpot when she was thrown into the limelight). Most of the book ended up being about the campaign. He addresses all the issues, criticisms, and challenges she faced during the campaign. The book paints a very favorable picture of Sarah. I just received a copy of Sarah's book "Going Rogue" and am ...more
Meredith
Jul 06, 2009 rated it did not like it
You know, for "know thy enemy" reasons. Already a pretty awful book - imagine a People magazine author writing the biography of a person whose life history is pretty underwhelming. He seems to have interviewed her parents for the bulk of her early life, and the number of inane, useless details is staggering. He also quotes other Palin biographies - crackerjack journalism there. And yet, I press on.
Mopowers
Aug 24, 2010 rated it liked it
Worth reading because of the author-- a real journalist who does not push certain values as much as other authors. I felt I learned more about her motivation (from God, whose desire it is that she become President) and her actions (all designed to attain that goal, and not to learn more about much else) than from any other source so far.
Kelsey
Feb 27, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009-books-read
A fantastically in-depth portrait of one of the time's most fascinating figures. Sarah Palin is someone I greatly admire, and this biography is - finally - a accurate and deserving account of her life and accomplishments.

Michael Sherwood
Oct 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Balanced biography of the former Governor of Alaska.
Cliff Ball
May 15, 2009 rated it it was ok
I didn't learn anything that I didn't know already from the overkill the MSM did to vet her. I voted 3rd party, so this book was way too late to matter.
Kristin
Jun 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
I have to admit I am interested in her. Not because I believe in a lot of her politics but mostly because she's a woman It was an interesting read.
Christiana
May 08, 2009 rated it liked it
It was interesting to learn more about Sarah Palin.
Marsha
Apr 18, 2010 rated it liked it
I read this in one sitting. It was interesting, non-partisan, and easy to read. The only drawback: it's a bit dated now, having been published two years ago.
Roxanne