Start by marking “Gudetama: Love for the Lazy” as Want to Read:
Gudetama: Love for the Lazy

Gudetama: Love for the Lazy

Gudetama: Love for the Lazy is inspired by the worldwide hit Sanrio character and animated series star!

Dating is exhausting, so let's take a lighthearted approach to exploring it with Gudetama, everyone's favorite grumpy egg! From navigating first-date smalltalk to recovering from being dumped, Gudetama is your guide to finding love...even when you're lazy.

Sanrio is the
Published January 14th 2020 by Oni Press

To ask other readers questions about Gudetama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gudetama

Start your review of Gudetama: Love for the Lazy
Nenia ✨️ I yeet my books back and forth ✨️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

This is so cute. I first got into Gudetama after watching Vox's YouTube video, How a melancholy egg yolk conquered Japan. Here in the U.S., we only really have one kind of cute: the kind that conjures up images of big-eyed, childish innocence, but Japan's different kinds of cute are more textured, with dark or even sad nuances that our kind doesn't have.

Gudetama is a cranky, cantankerous egg yolk that just wants to be lazy. Sometimes he'
Elyse  Walters
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m new to these Sanrio characters.
These vignette stories give- ‘eggsactly’ the helpful advice their human egghead friends needs. They aim to make humans smile.

It takes a cartoon-figure-animated-egg-yolk to shine the light- on
eating- sleeping - loneliness- dating tips....breakups - and solutions....
Most important advice: Naps make all problems look better. ..

Adorable-colorful- eye-catching illustrations.

Recommended to my egghead spirited-friends!

Great-choice gift-book for our little munchkin f
Natalie
Dec 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I received an advanced reader copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers.

This is a cute book and the artwork is very bright and eyecatching. The book reads like a graphic novel but the humour just wasn't to my taste really.
This is the first of this series I have tried so maybe its just my taste, but if you have read others in this series i am sure you will enjoy it.
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
The artwork in this was (while not to my personal taste) well done and fun, but the short dating tips were just not all that funny or relatable. I know Gudetama is meant to be lazy, but this egg is kind of just a jerk in this book...

Thank you Netgalley and Oni Press for the advance copy, which was provided in exchange for an honest review.
Amber
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This book is perfect for Gudetama fans!

The art is beautiful and colorful. Meanwhile, the story line is funny and easy to relate to if you have ever had mishaps in love. This story basically revolves around our funny little fried egg giving out advice on love. This advice is not always good or coherent but there are some nuggets of wisdom scattered throughout.

Don’t read this with any expectation to get love advice though, it’s mainly just a lighthearted and funny read.

Loved this and would like
Deanne Patterson
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Deanne by: cnnamongirl@aol.com
Sanrio is the home to many "pop icons including Hello Kitty®, and home to many other beloved character brands including Chococat, My Melody, Badtz-Maru, Keroppi, Gudetama and Aggretsuko." Gudetama is everyone's favorite grumpy egg .
Colorful, eye-catching illustrations and you're definitely going to want to read the dating advice Gudetama has, it's lighthearted and funny.

Expected publication: January 14th 2020 by Oni Press
I was given a complimentary copy. Thank you.
All opinions expressed are my o
Yna the Mood Reader
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cute, simple, and perfect for the Gudetama fan!

Though short and cute, this Gudetama comic gave me lots of laughs and amazing fangirl moments as Gudetama is my favorite Sanrio character. In fact, I have a mini-collection of Gudetama stuff - from stationary to fluffy plushies! It was amusing to watch Gudetama lazily give "advice" to people with love problems - although everything is almost very ridiculous!

In terms of the art, everything is beautifully done! I love the illustrations and the colors,
Kelly Long
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing this book in exchange for an honest review.
This book has cute illustrations but the comics themselves fell flat to me. It's a quick read and not a complete waste of time.
Lauren
Jan 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Short & sweet. Gudetama gives dating advice for various dating/relationship dilemmas (I doubt it would help you solve any real life issues, but it’s cute non the less).
Mehsi
I received this comic from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I love Gudetama, the cute lazy egg, so I couldn’t resist this comic when I saw it. I first thought it was manga, given it is Gudetama, but it is a comic. 😛 But since I didn’t know that when I started I read the manga way and was quickly finding out I should just read it the normal book way.

In this book we meet our lazy egg, Gudetama and see him help out various people with problems in love. Like the guy who looks normal but has
amanda
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Happy New Year!! Coming into a new decade we need to start with a stunner of a book and what else says WOW then Gudetama??? And even better a Gudetama DATING GUIDE. Just in time for Valentines Day too.

Sick of dating apps? Want to mingle with real people in real time? Never fear, Gudetama is here.

Kind of sucky with the lads/ladies? Do you blurt out innapropriate things at the wrong time? Are you just a wee bit obsessed with murder and conspiracy theories? Uh, one can never be FYI. BUT, if you wan
Jinghay (these.blank.pages)
{I received a copy of this comic on Netgalley in return for an honest review.}

'Gudetama' is a cute graphic novel that follows the Sanrio characters, Gudetama and Nisetama, as they give light-hearted dating advice to different characters.

I really enjoyed reading this comic and I thought the artwork was absolutely adorable. Gudetama is probably one of my all time favourite Sanrio characters- so seeing a comic book for him was honestly amazing, (I wish there were more!)

And despite the fact that the
Etienne
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was so far from my taste... I didn't enjoy it at all. The art was interesting but the «story» and the humor were far away from what might have like and laugh at. Not for me! ...more
Morris
The comics in this volume were hit or miss for me. I did enjoy the vibrant illustrations, though. I’m sure many readers, especially those involved in online dating, will enjoy this.

This unbiased review is based on a complimentary copy provided by the publisher.
Lucas
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to myself for purchasing this not advanced copy in exchange for a completely gushing review.

So this is how I come out of review retirement, is it? Spurred by my love for a book about a simple little lazy egg doling out bad love advice and rolling itself into the nearest plate of food, I have once again picked-up the keyboard to compose a word or two to nobody in particular.

Gudetama: Love for the Lazy is a collection of short skits where the best egg in the world receives questions from
Kaylabookworm22 L
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute book! I loved it!
Tzipora
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gudetama, for those who don’t know, is an adorable little animated egg yolk who is known for his laziness (he’s often lounging on or napping on his pillow-like egg whites, or cuddled under a strip of bacon!) and his gluttony- little yolk bro loves to eat! He’s a very popular and silly Japanese character created by Sanrio, the folks who brought us Hello Kitty. In this little book Gudetama begrudgingly- because hey I did say he’s lazy- answers people’s relationship questions.

I thought it was an a
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
Jan 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley, arcs, comics
Having only peripherally known about Gudetama, the lazy egg, which I felt I could totally identify with, I gave this ARC a chance and it just wasn't for me. Gudetama helps people find love, but it feels cliched and boring and not about Gudetama. And I don't want to mention Nisetama, the weird leotard wearing overly hyper matchmaker, but I must because, a) creepy and b) even more creepy. This was just not for me. ...more
Wayne McCoy
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Gudetama: Love for the Lazy' by Wook-Jin Clark is a series of comics about a grouchy egg (from Sanrio) who gives love advice. It was a weird enough concept that I had to try it.

Gudetama and his acrobatic friend Nisetama are introduced in the first few pages, and meet their first lovelorn person in Carmelo, who drives people off with his overly loud speaking style. They find a novel solution which is how the rest of the book goes, sort of useless, but definitely hilarious. Can a grumpy egg give
Nikolai Garcia
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Perhaps the greatest philosopher of our time, Gudetama, is gifting us with GREAT advice on snatching up a mate. Perhaps the only weakness is that this book was just too short. But what can you expect for just $10?
Marcia Hector
Apr 11, 2020 rated it liked it
It's cute and short but I'm not sure I would buy it. ...more
Colin Oaten
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Adventures with Japanese comic and YouTube star, everyone's favourite lazy egg,Gudetama! ...more
Jenna
Jun 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Only 4 stars because it didn’t actually tell me how to get a date with Gudetama. (Jk!)
Danielle
Aug 01, 2020 rated it liked it
This was really cute, and funnier than I was expecting. It's also queer-inclusive which was such a pleasant surprise. ...more
Meg
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Actual good dating advice
Sheree Norman
Dec 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Not really into graphic novels. Might make a cute gift for a young adult.
Hannah Collins
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
Super cute and silly.
Jill Jemmett
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Gudetama is a character that was created by Sanrio, the company who created Hello Kitty. Gudetama is an egg yolk, who is extremely lazy. He doesn’t want to get up and he often doesn’t even want to speak. He would like to just go to sleep.

In this story, Gudetama gives relationship advice to people who need help. They all have different problems with finding love. Gudetama often accompanied these people on their dates, but he wasn’t much help. He is quite lazy and uninterested in life, so his adv

• The Twelve Mehs of Christmas by Gudetama
  • Gudetama's Guide to Life
  • Eggsistential Thoughts by Gudetama the Lazy Egg
  • War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • Dark Archives: A Librarian's Investigation Into the Science and History of Books Bound in Human Skin
  • You Can't Scare Me
  • Grandville Noël (Grandville, #4)
  • Big Ideas for Little Philosophers: Happiness with Aristotle
  • Big Ideas for Little Philosophers: Imagination with Ren� Descartes
  • Big Ideas for Little Philosophers: Equality with Simone de Beauvoir
  • Rat Queens: Deluxe Edition, Volume 1
  • Recipe for a Perfect Wife
  • My Life in a Cat House: True Tales of Love, Laughter, and Living with Five Felines
  • The Mystwick School of Musicraft
  • The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 3: Hotel Oblivion
  • Write With Me to Keep What Matters in Mind
  • My Unedited Writing Year: 365 Invitations to Free Your Creativity and the Writer Within

News & Interviews