Start by marking “The First Wall (The Siege of Terra #3)” as Want to Read:
The First Wall (The Siege of Terra #3)

The First Wall

(The Siege of Terra #3)

Book 3 in The Horus Heresy: The Siege of Terra. Essential reading for all Horus Heresy fans

The war for the fate of mankind blazes on. Though the outer defences have fallen, the walls of the Palace itself remain inviolate as Rogal Dorn, the Praetorian of Terra himself, uses every known stratagem and ploy to keep Horus's vast armies at bay. In Perturabo, the Traitor
Published March 3rd 2020 by Games Workshop

To ask other readers questions about The First Wall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Wall

Start your review of The First Wall (The Siege of Terra #3)
Matthew Hipsher
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an absolutely amazing book. From the start, you're plunged into the happenings on Terra, coming at the story from 5 different sides, yet it transitions seamlessly, soo much so they slide a super huge twist in that you have no idea is coming.

If this book is any indication of the rest of the series, this is going to be a fantastic end to the Horus Heresy series.

MUST READ.
Matt Lancaster
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book pretty much sucked up until the last 25 pages. The time jumps (the entire book shifts between a few POV characters before and after an event, sort of like Looking for Alaska but less linear), while not difficult to follow, disallowed me from getting too invested with any one character, so they all seemed pretty bland. The plot twist at the end almost left too much mystery, so that rather than being shocked and needing more, I felt like that whole third of the book suddenly didnt matter ...more
Pavle
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gav Thorpe continues to impress me the more I read his contributions to the Black Library. I thoroughly enjoyed this title, and although there are some parts I thought were unneeded, it delivers on a magnificent scale.

The pacing, to start off this review, is perfect. It keeps an air of severity of the situation surrounding the Lions Gate Spaceport, yet allows the reader time to digest the written word, or in my case, the audio drama. The prior book, Lost and the Damned, set this one up
Andy
Mar 09, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So. Here we are. When I started reading this series over a decade ago, I didn't expect it to run to over fifty books. Or to have the finale as a "separate" series. But we're now half-way through the final seven book mini-run of a story that started fifty five books ago.

ISN'T IT A BIT LATE TO INTRODUCE A "CHOSEN ONE" ARC FOR A SECOND TIER CHARACTER?

ISN'T IT A BIT LATE TO HAVE SUCH INCONSISTENT CHARACTERISATION FOR MAIN CHARACTERS?

ISN'T IT A BIT LATE TO RIP OFF THE NON-PARALLEL TIMESCALES THING
Skywatcher Adept
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
"The First Wall" is one of the best of Gav Thorpe's books. There are some truly awesome and memorable moments like the final of the Addaba 64th Defence Corps story arc.
The appearance of proto-commissars in the Imperial Army and the growing acceptance among the highest authorities of Terra for the spreding cult of the God-Emperor brings us closer to the grim-dark realities of 40k.
Unfortunately the face-off between the two main Primarch antagonists is so disappointing that the tension sags a
Victorus Mortis
Mar 19, 2020 rated it did not like it
I wish i had never started it ! The worst hh book ever !(the Damnation of phytos is light years ahead.) And im reading BL books since 2010.BOI im mad!!!! How coud you ruin this...this was supposed to be a book for siege tactics and two rivals clashing! Oooooo my oo my I AM SOOO MAD!!! Zenobi,adaba,amon,light bearers,katzuhiro WTF!
Kavinay
Mar 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
Nothing really happens.

At best, this is hundreds of pages devoted to what's basically a white dwarf scenario.
Guillaume Dumas
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
Sorry Gav, but this is one of your worst book. The plot with the Imperial Army regiment is useless. The plot with the Iron Warrior attack is way too long. Only the plot with Amon and Keeler is quite interesting but not extremely clear. This book could have been reduced of about 2/3, as only the last hundred pages are making the story move.
Cory Rathbun
Mar 22, 2020
Matthew Smale
Jan 30, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Sons of the Selenar (The Siege of Terra Novella)
  • Belisarius Cawl: The Great Work
  • Valdor: Birth of the Imperium (The Horus Heresy)
  • Spear of the Emperor (Warhammer 40,000)
  • Morningstar (Black Library Advent Calendar 2019 #24)
  • Konrad Curze: The Night Haunter (The Horus Heresy: Primarchs, #12)
  • Mark of Faith (Warhammer 40,000)
  • Illyrium (Black Library Advent Calendar 2019 #1)
  • The Revelation of the Word (Black Library Advent Calendar 2019 #10)
  • The Hollow Mountain (Vaults of Terra #2)
  • Celestine: The Living Saint (Warhammer 40,000)
  • The Regent's Shadow (Watchers of the Throne #2)
  • Blue Moon (Jack Reacher, #24)
  • Angron: Slave of Nuceria (The Horus Heresy: Primarchs #11)
  • Sons of the Emperor (The Horus Heresy: Primarchs #Anthology)
  • Severed (Black Library Novella Series 2 #4)
  • Titandeath (The Horus Heresy #53)
  • The Buried Dagger (The Horus Heresy #54)
Gav spent 14 years as a developer for Games Workshop, and started writing novels and short stories in the worlds of Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 when the Black Library imprint was launched in 1997.

He continues to write for Black Library, and his first 'homegrown' novel series The Crown of the Blood has been released via Angry Robot.

Currently living in Nottingham, Gav shares his home with his

The Siege of Terra (4 books)
  • The Solar War (The Siege of Terra #1)
  • The Lost and the Damned (The Siege of Terra #2)
  • Saturnine (The Horus Heresy: Siege of Terra Book 4)