Start by marking “First Sight (Royal Mages #1)” as Want to Read:
First Sight (Royal Mages #1)

First Sight

(Royal Mages #1)

Young, French, and working in the USA, Danielle Laurant has it all—including the love of heartthrob Marick Young.
However, there’s something sinister brewing underneath their love.
Secrets can make or break any relationship—but especially when it’s one that goes against the grain of otherworldly laws.

Marick is the prince of warlocks and his father refuses to allow his so
Published August 8th 2019 by Fire Quill Publishing

To ask other readers questions about First Sight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Sight

Start your review of First Sight (Royal Mages #1)
Coco.V
Aug 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon US today (8/18/2019)! 🎁
Nadine Bookaholic
Currently free (9/26/19) https://amzn.to/2lYA4tw ...more
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh My Goodness. I have loved reading these amazing books. You feel so invested in the characters and story when you read them.These books were gripping, well written and the chemistry between the characters was just awesome!!

Toni Cox
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was full of surprises. First off, it was a bit steamier than I expected it to be. This is not a bad thing, it just took me by surprise, lol. Maybe I need to spend more time reading the blurb, but when it comes to authors I love, I tend to just read whatever comes next. And, this is certainly a great start to a series. The story kept me guessing for a while what kind of world the heroine would be thrust into, and then, wham, everything happens all at once. It is one surprise revelation ...more
Holly Vincent
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*** I’m volunteering to review this arc ***

This book is fast paced and has some good characters. Danielle is a human who falls in love with Marick who is a witch. There love is forbidden and they must hide from being caught by Marick’s father. When they do they must figure out what’s going on in the kingdom. Will Danielle and Marick’s love be strong enough to fight the rules? Will they get caught? Will they find out what’s going on in the kingdom in time?
I look forward for the next book to be r
CASSANDRA M CRYSTAL
Jan 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
To find your true love, and then find out he's on the run from his family, what's a girl to do.

Danielle finds something in Merick, that she's never had before, true love. So when he tells her that in order to stay together, they must go on the run from his father, she agrees. She would do anything to protect their relationship. When she does finally meet his family, she tries to find a place for herself at his side. The characters are fun, the story compelling, and it's a fun read for escaping.
Heather Bane
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this love story. The storyline is well written and keeps your interest from start to finish. Danielle and Marick are well developed characters and I enjoyed their story. I would recommend reading.

SEng
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Danielle and Marick. She moves to NYC when she gets the job at a hotel there. Marick is the prince of warlocks and is sent to NYC to live among the humans he wants to rule. When these two meet and fall in love their lives will change and their love will be tested. I enjoyed this exciting story. I received an arc of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Dawn Milligan
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!🥰 I loved this book the characters are well written and have great chemisrty! You need to check it out!! Loved it!!
Brenda Chavers-martin
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this love story. Two young people fall in love and then are tested. He has a secret and is on the run. Will their love be strong to stand up to what awaits them? The characters are very well developed and interesting. The storyline is intriguing and kept me reading. The sex was very sensual and hot. I want to read more.

Laure
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Danielle Laurant applied for a position at a hotel in the US, when she gets the job she packs up, leaves France, and moves to NYC. Marick Young is the Prince of warlocks, and was sent to live in New York and the human populations he wants to rule with no access to his power. They fall deeply in love, but when his father wants him to return to his home, Marick convinces Danielle to go on the run with him.

In a world she didn't know existed, Danielle will quickly realize that Marick's people, for t
Alison
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Danielle (Danny) has fallen in love with a man (Marick) who has lots of secrets, but they are going to come out and she will have to figure out if she will go on the run with him or have to let him go. She might regret knowing the secrets when they come out, because they will change the way she sees the world. Danny was there for him when he needed some help the most, and although he tried to resist falling in love he couldn't help himself. I loved Danny, who she is stronger than she thinks, and ...more
Scarolet Ellis
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First Sight: A Forbidden Love Story by Kristin Ping is an amazing story that I have loved reading. This is book number one in this amazing start to a brand new series that I have fallen so in love with. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantaasy and paranormal romances in their stories.

Katherine Tomlinson
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't love a story of forbidden love with conflicted alpha males and smart, sexy females. This one has shifters and warlocks and magical castles--the heroine is worried about walking under chandeliers, knowing that only magic is holding them up--and cursed royals and .... family drama. It's easy to relate! This is the first in one of Ping's spin-off series from her epic Guardian of Monsters series and it's a winner. ...more
Philleys Peters
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, I just loved this book! It is such a sweet romantic fantasy with a well-written plot and a pair of captivating lovers who deserve their life together. Especially a crown prince like Marick who gives up his right to be king and must fight to be with his human love Danielle. Loved it, loved it, loved it!

Annalisa
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book.I fell in love with the characters and the story was beautifully written. Ive never read anything from this author before and I was pleasantly surprised. I definitely want to read more from this author.

Tanya
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Their love is forbidden. His father will never allow him to marry a human. He is a warlock prince and she knows if she does not leave he will lose his crown and she will lose her life. Will their love last? Will she leave? See if their love will continue

Tania
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book it was great the story was well written and the characters were great. Marick is the Prince of Worlocks and loves Danielle who is human which he has to give up.
Thank you for allowing me to review your book.

poppy
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ng
This was a good interesting read and is the first book I have read from this author. The storyline was really good and held my interest all the way through. I liked the characters I will definitely be checking out the rest of the series.
Barbara
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
A short quick story to read, this is only a part of First Sight. I want to read the next part when it is out. Marick and Danielle's story kept me turning pages, a story I enjoyed reading. I received a copy of this book via Booksprout and liked it, so I also bought it. ...more
Heather W
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Royal Mages series and I found it to be quite enjoyable. There are secrets, shifters, magic, and a wonderful romance. I will be looking for the next book in this series.

Gigi
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book. I really enjoyed reading it from start to finish. I need more now!!!!
Brenda Garcia
Dee Dee
Aug 31, 2019
sherri faubion
Aug 26, 2019

• Buried Magic (White Haven Witches #1)
  • Wild Moon (Kingdom of Wolves, #1)
  • Frey (The Frey Saga, #1)
  • Reconciliation Of Hate (The Exceptional S. Beaufont Book 11)
  • Witches' Brew (Witches and Wine, #1)
  • Newly Wed and Slightly Dead (A Touch of Magic Mysteries #1)
  • Off Limits (The Scottish Billionaire #1)
  • Wolf's Fated Mate (Wolf Shifters of Wakerlin, #4)
  • The SEAL's Surprise Son (The Admiral's Seals, #1)
  • Kiss-Mate Shifters (Kiss-Mate Shifters, #1-4)
  • Bad Billionaire Daddy
  • The Baby Protector (Wolf Shifters of Wakerlin #3)
  • The Royal Companion (The Companion, #1)
  • Moonchild (Dark Moon Prison, #1)
  • Her Cougars to survive: A Dark Paranormal Romance (Paranormal Surrogate Agency Book 3)
  • Her Lions to obey: A Dark Paranormal Romance (Paranormal Surrogate Agency Book 2)
  • Her Jaguar to tame: A Dark Paranormal Romance (Paranormal Surrogate Agency Book 1)
  • Shawn (The Hartwell Brothers #4)
Kristin resides in South Africa with her husband, two beautiful girls and two bulldogs that tries to eat her house.
She has been writing for the past eight years and her first debut novel, Hinder: A Bender's novel will be published 2018 by Fire Quill Publishing.

When she isn't writing, she is spending her time with her family, or trying to teach her two bulldogs to not eat her house. You can find mo

News & Interviews