Start by marking “Critical Decision” as Want to Read:
Critical Decision

Critical Decision

IT BEGAN WITH AN INNOCENT-APPEARING PACKAGE ON HER FRONT PORCH

The box contained a cell phone, which rang as soon as she opened the package. A voice that called Dr. Kathy Hoover by name said that her husband had been kidnapped. To get him back she would have to poison one of her patients.

At first, she didnt believe that her husband had been taken from the conference he was
Mass Market Paperback, 190 pages
Published March 17th 2020 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Critical Decision, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Critical Decision

Start your review of Critical Decision
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)

Kathy Hoover is immediately relatable in Critical Decision, the opening scenes a glimpse of her going through her typical day until a mysterious cell phone shows up on her doorstep and sends typical into a vortex of kidnapping, attempted murder, and a fight for her life, her husbands, and that of a former Vice President of the United States.

Intrigued yet? So was I! So much so that I read this short novel in one sitting, flipping the pages in my Kindle as fast as I could. The plot is
Patricia Bradley
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What would you do if someone kidnapped your husband and demanded that you murder your patient to get him back? That's Dr. Kathy Hoover's dilemma in Dr. Richard Mabry's latest medical thriller.

He was kind enough to send me an advance copy that I read as fast as I could turn the pages. (I liked it so well, I also purchased a copy) This twisting story had me on the first page when Dr. Kathy Hoover was threatened with the death of her husband if she didn't commit a murder. An unimaginable choice.

Vera Godley
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When one looks at a picture of Dr. Richard L. Mabry, retired physician, educator, and contributor to medical texts, one doesn't envision rapid paced life, kidnappings, and murderous events. Truly, doctors are faced the many cases where their "Critical Decision" invokes life and death options for their patients. And so to think of Dr. Mabry engaging his writing skills, capturing the essence of a medical event involving decisions that are critical for life, death, and unspeakable possibilities ...more
Edward Arrington
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If a box with only my name on it appeared on my doorstep, I am not certain I would have responded as Dr. Kathy Hoover did. I think at that moment, she was faced with the first of a number of critical decisions. That was only the beginning, but it led to one exceptionally critical decision that would determine whether her husband lived or died. Doctors are often faced with decisions that may result in death for a patient, but the choice is seldom clear-cut like this was. They deal with making ...more
Beckie Burnham
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Richard Mabry has long been a favorite author of mine. He blends medical drama with suspense as his characters deal with some very shady characters. In Critical Decision, his latest novella, he again created a page turner that kept me up past my bedtime. If you are looking for a puzzling mystery then I recommend you check this book out.

Kathy and Darren Hoover are very ordinary people. She is a physician in private practice and he is a professor of mathematics in Dallas, Texas. But their life
Gail Hollingsworth
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dr. Richard Mabry is the absolute master of medical suspense stories and Critical Decision is no exception! The characters win your heart and you hold your breath every time they are sucked into a dangerous situation.
Imagine being Kathy, by herself at home, when her doorbell rings. She finds a package on her porch with no indication of who left it. When she opens it she finds a cell phone. As she picks it up it rings. She is told her husband has been kidnapped and he will live only if she
Susan Snodgrass
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Why had she just agreed to double-cross the people who held the love of her life?

Dr. Karen Hoover finds a package on her door step with a burner phone in it. The phone rings and an electronic voice tells her that she is going to see a patient that she is supposed to kill. What? If she doesnt, her husband will die. Things take off from this point and dont let up until the last few pages of the book. I was completely all in from the very beginning of this one. Despite my best efforts at sleuthing,
Sherry Cross
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cardiac suspense

Dr. Richard Mabry has written yet another medical thriller, with twists and turns to keep the reader turning pages. Dr. Kathy Hoover receives a mysterious package containing a burner phone and a caller assigns her the task of killing a former vice president of the US. Meantime, to ensure she carries out their plots, the perps kidnap her husband Darren. He escapes after days in captivity but then he must figure out why the VP was targeted for death, as well as how to stay alive.
Ellen White
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once again the author has given us an unusual opening, What If how would a person react. A package with only her name, was her first step into this nightmare, and a cat and mouse game of who would live and who would die. They did not ask to join this game, they were an ordinary couple and the story shows the love they have for one another. Intriguing, page turner once again, the plot is superb, the characters well define. Their steps they took was well layed out for us to follow.

Geneva Stokes
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The more I read Richard Mabry's books, the better they get. Critical Decision is a real page turner, suspense on every page. Great read. Thanks Doc.
nola king
Leica
Mar 07, 2020
Kristen
Mar 14, 2020

• One Little Lie (The Pelican Harbor #1)
  • Safe Harbor (Lantern Beach Blackout #2)
  • Legacy Reclaimed (The Legacy #3)
  • Dark Water (Lantern Beach Blackout #1)
  • Ripple Effect (Lantern Beach Blackout #3)
  • Practically Married
  • Smoke Screen
  • Fire Storm (Kaely Quinn Profiler #2)
  • Anna's Secret
  • On a Summer Tide (Three Sisters Island #1)
  • End Game (Capital Intrigue, #1)
  • Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance, #1)
  • Two Steps Forward (The Deacon's Family, #3)
  • Seconds to Live (Homeland Heroes, #1)
  • Daughter of Rome
  • An Amish Picnic: Four Stories
  • Legacy Rejected (The Legacy #1)
  • The Cupcake Dilemma (Rock Creek, #3)
Dr. Richard Mabry is a retired physician, past Vice-President of the American Christian Fiction Writers, and the author of twelve published novels of medical suspense and six novellas. His books have been finalists in competitions including ACFWs Carol Award and Romantic Times Inspirational Book of the Year, and have won the Selah Award from the Blue Ridge Mountain Christian Writers Conference.

News & Interviews