Start by marking “Queen Bee” as Want to Read:
Queen Bee

Queen Bee

PRE-ORDER NOW: THE HILARIOUS NEW BOOK FROM THE MILLION-COPY BESTSELLING AUTHOR OF FAKING FRIENDS AND TELL ME A SECRET

Welcome to The Close - a beautiful street of mansions, where gorgeous Stella is the indisputable Queen Bee . . .

It is here that Laura, seeking peace and privacy after her marriage falls apart, rents a tiny studio. Unfortunately, her arrival upsets
Expected publication: April 30th 2020 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about Queen Bee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen Bee

Start your review of Queen Bee
Sheri
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it

After the breakup of her marriage, Laura, owner of a small cleaning company, temporarily rents a studio flat in an enclave mainly of the super-rich, known as The Close. Her landlady Gail seems to be the only other woman there with an actual job; the rest, mainly trophy wives of some variety, appear to spend their days having various cosmetic procedures and socialising. And of these, Stella – who takes an instant dislike to Laura – is the undisputed Queen Bee. When Stella suspects Laura of having
Nic
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
3 fluffy easy to read stars.

This was an ok book, perfect for holidays or if you don't want to challenge yourself at all.

However it was a bit slow going and it took me a third of the book to really get into it. I struggled to gel with any of the characters and it was all just so implausible!

Dave Wheeler
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Great Book, with some twists lots of laughs and we'll if I say it all it would ruin the surprises.
Laura's has to find a new home after her husband Dad to her amazing daughter Betsi announced he didn't love her and ends the marriages. She finds a temporary place on The Close, a very rich close where most of the the wives are a great deal younge than the partners, there faces, chest all redesigned every few years so even younger looking causing their eyes to look like they're popping out and
Mrs
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Queen Bee of the close where houses cost up to 9 million is Stella, living the perfect life, rich, idle with no conception of the real world. Enter our main character Laura who has had to rent an attached garage apartment on the close from a solicitor and her husband.
Her marriage ending after her husband deciding he didn’t want to be married anymore. Having a 7 year old daughter Laura is desperate to find a suitable house to move into so her daughter can live with her, until then she is staying
Bev Dulson
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of Jane Fallon's books so I was really excited to get an advanced copy of her new book, Queen Bee...

It didn't disappoint. After her marriage break up, Laura finds herself renting accommodation on 'The close' think neighbours, but less friendly, more money and completely botoxed up.

Laura knows she doesn't fit in here but when she discovers some potentially life changing news for one of the residents, she knows she must act, despite this resident being the instigator of Laura being
Alice
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have read a handful of Jane Fallon books and this was my favourite by far. Yes it’s another of her ‘revenge books’ but this time women are helping other women which is nice to read. I cared about the women in the novel and I wanted to see them succeed. I really enjoyed this light easy read. I would recommend it to anyone who likes this genre.
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is always a treat to get my hands on a Jane Fallon book and this didn't disappoint. There is a sharp wit and slightly dark humour that always runs through her books and in this case it's the relationship between Stella, the titular Queen Bee of the small community of the super-rich, and Laura, the lodger. At times I found myself laughing out loud at the banter between these characters and their actions, at others I found myself cheering them on as women supporting women.
Stella initially
Claire Jameson
Oct 13, 2019

• The Guest List
  • My Dark Vanessa
  • The Lantern Men (Ruth Galloway, #12)
  • Three Perfect Liars
  • I Made a Mistake
  • Never Saw You Coming
  • An Almost Perfect Holiday
  • The Dilemma
  • The Perfect Mother
  • We Germans
  • Darling Rose Gold
  • Of Blood and Bone (Chronicles of The One, #2)
  • Such a Fun Age
  • The 24-Hour Café
  • The Sun Sister (The Seven Sisters, #6)
  • Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Life
  • The Daughter
  • La Disparition de Stephanie Mailer
Jane Fallon is an English producer and novelist, most famous for her work on popular series Teachers, 20 Things To Do Before You're 30, Eastenders and This Life. She has also written two successful novels.

Fallon has been in a relationship with popular comedian Ricky Gervais since 1982, after they met while studying together at the University College London. The couple has lived together since 1984