Start by marking “The Bookworm's Guide to Dating (The Bookworm's Guide, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bookworm's Guide to Dating (The Bookworm's Guide, #1)

The Bookworm's Guide to Dating

(The Bookworm's Guide #1)

What I wanted for my birthday: Books.
What I got for my birthday: my brother’s best friend playing matchmaker.

Let it be known that I, Kinsley Lane, am one hundred percent against being set up with somebody.
And I’m one thousand percent sure that Josh Carter is not the man to find me a boyfriend.
I mean, if I’m so great, why isn’t he the one dating me? (For the record, I don’t
Published October 6th 2020

Start your review of The Bookworm's Guide to Dating (The Bookworm's Guide, #1)
Danielle's
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bookworm jokes? Oh yes I did just snort a laugh.

The bookworm’s guide to dating is a fun friends to lovers romance. Kinsley is hopeless at dating. She’s looking for something close to a book boyfriend. When Josh, her brothers best friend offers to help she gets a taste of the worst possible dates, but also a new relationship with him. He gets her jokes, doesn’t frown on her book love and understands the men she’s looking at are totally wrong. When one outfit choice changes their conversation thei
"Avonna
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

THE BOOKWORM’S GUIDE TO DATING (The Bookworm’s Guide Book #1) by Emma Hart is the first book in a new contemporary rom/com series. The main heroines are three friends who own a bookstore in a small town in Montana and their long-time friends. The secondary humor comes from the retirement home where all their grandparents live.

Kinsley Lane is a bookworm and proud of it. She loves analyzing relationships in romance novels and is afr
nαомι αndιno
Mar 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
I had a terrible habit of comparing every real man I met to the fictional ones in books to the point that I actually stopped trying to meet real men.

This book is adorable and a very quick and easy read. Although Kinsley is totally relatable at times, I can say that her ONLY personality is reading books. And yes, I say that while I spend 70% of my free time reading a book or on goodreads. But I can still strike up a conversation on anything from climate change to the stock market.
Josh & Kinsley
Julie
Dec 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
Oh how I want to rant about this book! Sounded like a cute premise and light read for the holidays. But believe me there is nothing cute here unless you like to read about people in their late to early 30s behaving like 15 year olds. OR unless you like reading in gross details about the main character's menstruation. OR you crack up at reading about senior citizens behaving loveably, goofy/grumpy and spending all their time entertaining pet ducks, WTF (or were they all senile???) - no I found it ...more
A HEA
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kinsley is awkward. Although she would like to find her happily ever after she is much more comfortable immersing herself in the romances of the characters in her books than putting herself out there in the real world. Seeing her struggles on her birthday Josh her brothers best friend offers to help her be more relaxed with finding a guy to date.

Josh has secretly harboured romantic feelings for Kinsley for years but has never acted on them. Hopefully, helping her find her man will help him to m
Amy
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Bookworm’s Guide to Dating follows the story of Kinsley and Josh. Kinsely is the ultimate bookworm. She’s addicted to the written word and wants nothing more for her birthday than books. However, Kinsley got more than she bargained for. The last thing she wanted was for her brother’s best friend to try and set her up. In spite of everything, Kinsley finds herself going along with Josh’s plan. Seems simple enough. Too bad Kinsley ended up falling for Josh instead….

Overall, I thought that this
Meegz Reads
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
*4 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this one. I really liked Kinsley - I thought she was an easily relatable character - I mean, she loves books, has been single for ages because she has her own standards, and is her own self. I loved that. Plus she owned a bookstore which is awesome.

Josh was a really great character too. I liked how sweet he was, but how easy things were between he and Kinsley, and his loyalty to his best friends. Cause yeah, best friends
Kate R
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Emma Hart is back with The Bookworm’s Guide to Dating. It’s a spinoff from The Girl Next Door. Those characters appear in this one but it’s not necessary to read that one beforehand. This new series centers around 3 girls who own a bookshop in a small town in Montana. This one is a great intro to the characters. As you can easily presume, this book centers around a bookworm, so there was no shortage of good bookworm/introvert jokes!

Kinsley’s birthday is soon and she realizes she really should s
Busy Right Meow
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I admittedly have been on a self imposed Emma Hart hiatus after inhaling some of her releases in rapid succession and unfortunately some of my more recent reads from her weren’t my favorite. This book is the perfect re-entry to the Emma Hart I adored in the beginning!

Kinsley describes herself as an awkward bookworm with a string of bad dating luck but I definitely had my own share of bad dates especially from online dating as well. She is relatable and passionate about her interests but also sna
Kahea
***5 ‘Duck’ Stars***

This book was all kinds of fun. I snort laughed, I growled in frustration, I swooned and Iactually gasped in outrage (please note in this particular moment the outrage was not directed at either Kinsley or Josh)..this is something that I’m pretty sure is a first for me, but yeah...this baby had it all and has me making full on grabby hands at the next one in the series in a big way.

I adored Kinsley and Josh. Kinsley is an introvert, kind of awkward and yet totally comfort
Kate
Oct 24, 2020 rated it liked it
This was cute, funny and enjoyable. I did like all the bookworm puns and tidbits.

That being said, I feel like it was overdone at times? Because after reading this story, all I can say about Kinsley's character is that she's snarky and she loves books. These are her two traits and that's it.

Nonetheless, overall, if one likes brother's best friend trope and stories with ensemble of characters, it's a good book to pick up.
Isabelle✨
*3.5 stars*

It was a good and fun read, although it did over do it a bit with the bookworm thing. Like it felt like she mentioned things about books alllll the time and it got annoying after a while . And it felt like her whole personality was about books and nothing else. But I did like the relationship between the two main characters.
Jane Catherine
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute and fun read. I will say it took me until 20% to really get into this book and characters but once I did, I loved Kinsley and Josh. Kinsley is the stereotypical bookworm and even owns a bookstore with her best friends. Josh has had a secret crush on Kinsley forever. Their story is adorable and even has ducks dressing up!

What I thought was fun about this book is we met all these characters in Tori and Kia’s book, the Girl Next Door! It’s really great getting stories from eac
Deranged Dreamer
Dec 02, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: never-finished
It reads like a 15yo fanfic.
Lisa Mandina
As usual I LOVED the latest book by this author! However as I read I kept feeling like someone had been pretty much following me and reading my every thought about dating and books, etc. I usually find connections with characters in my favorite romance books, but oh my gosh, Kinsley reminded me so much of myself that it was a bit crazy! Even though I’m 47 and she is only 26, her reasons for single pretty much sound just like mine. The reasons she would not be interested in a guy, even if he was ...more
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Bookworm’s Guide to Dating is the first book in an all new series from Emma Hart that revolves around three friends who run a bookstore together.

Kinsley has a birthday coming up and naturally any bookworm would want books. She also realizes that she should maybe start working on her dating game. She brings up her idea of online dating while out to dinner with her friends and brother. Her brother’s best friend, Josh, volunteers to help her out when it comes to her online dating game…..of cou
Babel
Fun and bookish and surprisingly hot, too.

I always like a story set in a bookshop, and this one didn’t disappoint. Girlfriends running a bookstore, lots of talks about books and their passion for them, and a handsome gentleman who pines in secret for the awkward and snarky owner.

It is easy fun,with plenty of humorous dialogues filled with banter and attitude. I enjoyed the romance that goes from secret crush to forbidden relationship to happy ending. It is well developed, prompts many smiles an
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Bookworm's Guide to Dating was a fun read. Kinsley is a bookworm and a little awkward. She's a relatable character. She signs up for a dating app and her brother’s best friend, Josh, decides to help her find a boyfriend. Josh is a sweet nice guy. Both Josh and Kinsley have a crush on each other but the other doesn't know. These two are sweet and there are plenty of funny moments. This one is book one in The Bookworm's Guide series. This one was Kinsley and Josh's story and it ended nicely, n ...more
Books I Flove
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely amazing! Full of funny banter, laugh out loud jokes, but also so much swoon and love!
Emma Hart shows again why I secretly call her the Queen of rom-coms!

Kinsley and Josh know each other since forever, because Josh is her brothers best friend!
Josh is trying to set up Kinsley with a few dates, because her dating life is like non existent. Unfortunately as much time as she spends with funny, swoony Josh, Kinsley realizes that there’s something in the air...

This book hit me i
Jeeves Reads Romance
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was EXACTLY what I was hoping it was going to be - banter-filled, low angst fun with plenty of the sass this author is known for. When Hart is on top of her game, she can write such great romances that are light, playful, and have just the right amount of sexy. And that’s what this was. This brother’s best friend romance features a genuinely good hero and the girl he’s been crushing on for years. It’s a nice play on the trope, with obvious history between the two and a build in intimacy tha ...more
Melissa  ❤️ bookaddict_fanatic
This is the first book in the new Bookworm's Guide series and one that I had a hard time putting down! In true Emma fashion she delivered a book that was hilarious with witty banter, tons of shenanigans (especially from the grandparents) and so much heat from the chemistry that I didn't realize I finished until I couldn't swipe more pages. If you enjoy a friends to lovers rom com that will have you smiling, laughing and swooning then pickup this book and enjoy the ride! ...more
M.E. Carter
Fun audiobook while I road tripped alone!
One chapter more
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jeraca
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this free eARC novel from the author. This is my honest review.

I believe Kinsley and I are bffs. Between her reaction to reading books, love for fictional characters, Harry Potter enthusiast, and how we both are bitter we couldn't, and still can't, find merchandise with our unique names on it at the store? We are basically the same person!

I love that this book showed how attraction happens naturally. One of these characters was not thinking romantically about the other one until 30%
Stacey
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Bookworm’s Guide to Dating is a fun-filled read about bookworm Kinsley and her brother’s best friend, Josh. She’s awkward at dating so Josh agrees to help her by vetting guys on online dating sites. Their attraction to one another comes to light, but they want to keep it hidden from everyone, especially Kinsley’s brother.

Kinsley and Josh are a fun couple, and I enjoyed the banter they had with one another. There’s a little bit a drama, but the book is mostly a light read with plenty of humo
Tania's Book Blog
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Josh and Kinsley were hilarious!!!! He’s her brother best friend and he’s always had a crush on her but she didn’t know it. Then he decides to help her out about learning how to date since she’s terrible at it and boy are you in for a good laugh. Kinsley was so clueless about Josh feelings for her. She was funny and when things finally hit it off with Josh she was worried about her brother’s feelings because she has a beautiful heart. Her brother on the other hand didn’t take lightly their relat ...more
She Said Yes to Books
Jan 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing

I absolutely loved "The Bookworm's Guide to Dating" 😍

I found Kinsley to be especially relatable because I’m also a bookworm and have a tendency to fall in love with (and get mad at 😬) fictional characters. I was like “Exactly!” “My thoughts exactly 🙌🏻!” “Uhg, I hate that too, girl.” while reading this book. It was super fun.

The grandparents were HILARIOUS! I want to be just like them when I grow old. All the characters here were interesting, real and fun.

I highly recommend it for al
Marika
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love everything about this story!!!! The cutest, seriously! I mean, an awkward and rambling bookworm with a perpetual ranting and sarcastic mouth??? Yes, please! A man who is not only dating material and will not only accept but love the bookish side of Kinsley??? I mean, is that even a question..yes, please and thank you.
There is everything to love!!! I love these two and their besties, I love their banter and their chemistry, and all the secondary characters are just plain crazy and amazing!
JiixBooks
Feb 20, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bookbeat, 2021, audio-book
Did you know reading books is a personality treat bc it deffo is according to this novel.

It was honestly just so very boring. I could neither connect to the characters who felt like caricatures most of the time let alone the plot of the story.
Very predictable and light read but sadly just absolutely not entertaining for me.

Bonus for the male lead taking care of her while she was on her period, but even that scene couldn't safe the book for me

Sad.
Rachel - Read with Rach
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I adores this book and totally flew through it. I love Emma’s books and this was no exception. Kinsley and Josh were both great characters and I loved all of the secondary characters. I also loved how Emma set up the next book. This had quite a few laugh out loud moments. I definitely recommend it for romcom fans!

• The Gritty Truth (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #7)
  • Shark Lady
  • Murder at the Book Group (Book Group Mystery #1)
  • Ghoulia and the Mysterious Visitor
  • The Girl and the Witch's Garden
  • Der Schatten
  • Liars
  • Mr. Knightsbridge (The Mister Series #2)
  • Show Stopper (Chicago First Responders, #1)
  • The Lost Manuscript
  • Head Wounds (Kevin Kerney #14)
  • She's Too Pretty to Burn
  • The Perfect Marriage
  • We Are the Fire
  • False Start Fairy Tale
  • Until Talon (Until Her/Him, #9)
  • The Redemption of Nixon Thorne
  • Blazewrath Games (Blazewrath Games, #1)
See top shelves…
Emma Hart is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over twenty novels and has been translated into several different languages. She first put fingers to keys at the age of eighteen after her husband told her she read too much and should write her own.
Four years later, she's still figuring out what he meant when he said she 'read too much.'

She prides herself on writing smart smut

The Bookworm's Guide (3 books)
  • The Bookworm's Guide to Faking It (The Bookworm's Guide, #2)
  • The Bookworm's Guide to Flirting (The Bookworm's Guide, #3)

News & Interviews

The last five years of world history have been nothing if not...eventful. When living in interesting times, there's nothing better for...