Start by marking “King of Souls (Verona Legacy, #2)” as Want to Read:
King of Souls (Verona Legacy, #2)

King of Souls

(Verona Legacy #2)

From bestselling author L A Cotton comes the highly anticipated conclusion to Nicco and Arianne’s duet

Arianne Capizola is living a lie.

Angry. Abandoned. Afraid.

She'd rather spend her days locked away on her father's estate than with the guy who stole her innocence: her fiancé.

Niccolò Marchetti is living a nightmare.

Broken. Banished. Betrayed.

He'd do anything to save the g
Published August 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about King of Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King of Souls

Start your review of King of Souls (Verona Legacy, #2)
Halle Reads
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs-2020
4 Stars 🌟

20200811-202817

King of Souls is the second book in the Verona Legacy series and the conclusion to Nicco & Arianne's Duet. It can not be read as a standalone as it is a continuation of Prince of Hearts. This story like part one is influenced by Romeo and Juliet.

Content warning necessary for mentions of sexual assault, attempted sexual assault and violence

KoS picks up right were PoH left off and we are thrown back into this world. This part of the duet had more angst, suspense, drama, heartb
Danielle's
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a perfect second half! This is a roller coaster and I loved the ride. King of souls is the second half of the Verona legacy duet. prince of hearts needs to be read first. This has a loose theme of Romeo and Juliet. It’s dark, lustful and will have you screaming for justice.

Arianne life is swirling out of control. Everyone wants Arianne to do what they want. Her father wants her to marry a man she doesn’t love. Her family want her to continue the legacy of her surname. The one thing that set
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 4.5 "Rewrite History" Stars ⭐️
After the way Prince of Hearts ended, I was so impatient to get my hands on King of Souls. This conclusion to Ari and Nicco's duet in the Verona Legacy Series was excellent! The plot line had me invested all read long with unexpected turn of events. The romance between our doomed couple was so sweet and beautiful, but also heartbreaking at times. L.A. Cotton captivated me with this mafia world hiding lots of surprising secrets.

I already loved Nicco in the fir
ABookLover73
FIVE ROMEO AND JULIET STARS for Ari and Nicco ❤🖤❤🖤!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

This book completely fulfilled my expectations and I have to admit that it was even better than the first book.

I truly enjoyed reading it from the first to the last page.

Lianne has once again shown that she has an amazing mind and an endless imagination that is responsible for the large number of books Lianne has written so far.

This book caused a lot of emotions in me that were mixed all the time, so at one moment I was happy and laughed
Dora Koutsoukou
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 💞💞💞💞🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣️

The second part did not disappoint me!
Niccolo loved Arianne with everything he was.
Arianne blossomed to a strong and feisty girl becoming a real Capizola heir!
They reached their HEA through great twists and turns, betrayals, secrets unraveling, with loyalty, passion and so much love.

There were a few chapters that held my interest low (wordy and repetitive) but the whole story was engaging, intense and suspenseful.

“A love so powerful and consuming it should have burned us both int
Tzelina
"Sei tutto per me, Arianne Carmen Lina Capizola.”

I love so much those Italian mafia boys!!
Both Arianne and Nicco were so loyal to eachother!! This is a tale about strength...devosion ...loyalty...Love.... of doing everything no matter the cost, no matter the consequences in order to be together with your soulmate !! It was a spectacular read!! 💖❤️💖
Angie
Before Arianne, I had been numb; a reluctant prince wearing a crown too heavy. My only priority was the Family and fulfilling my duty. But meeting Arianne was like taking my first breath. She smiled and all the stars came out to take notice. And something inside me had come to life.

4.5 Bambolina stars!
Trigger warning: (view spoiler)

I've been anticipating the conclusion to Ari and Nicco's story since the cliffhanger in PRINCE OF
Meredith Wilson
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
"You are my spark, amore mio. Your brightness outshines the darkness in my soul."

King of Souls is the second book in the Verona Legacy series by L.A. Cotton. It is the conclusion to Niccolo Marchetti and Arianne Capizola's story. It's a story full of turmoil, suspense, lies, secrets, angst, betrayal and a deep soul-stirring love. I loved each and every single second of it!

Ari is heartbroken after Nicco up and left her without a word, but she's not the only one suffering. Nicco knows that she's e
Sentranced Jem
Aug 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Super hot cover.
Story? Not so much.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
description

‘I should have walked away. The second I found out her true identity, I should have walked away and never looked back.’

Keri Loves Books
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The conclusion to this angst-filled and dramatic duet will give you the ending you have been waiting for. This an edge of your seat, nail-biter till the end read.

This story picks up right where book one left off. Arianne is engaged to marry Scott, since her father sealed her fate. Their party to announce their intent to marry is being planned. Nicco is in Boston working every possible angle to get her away from that monster.

Oh the ANGST!! Scott will make you want to kill him! That man is disgust
hooked_on_books
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
(𝑨𝑹𝑪 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒍𝒚 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘.)
𝑅𝐴𝑇𝐼𝑁𝐺: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

"𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔𝒏’𝒕 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍. 𝑨 𝒇𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒄𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒉. 𝑨𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒑𝒊𝒛𝒐𝒍𝒂 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒆. 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉."

𝗞𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗳 𝗦𝗼𝘂𝗹s picks up right where 𝗣𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀 ended. Now Arianne is forced to marry that monster and Nicco can't help her escape her fate. She is forced to face the storm on her own.
I really loved the woman she became, she knew that in order to survive this situation she ne
Andi Isack
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Damn, what a ride! Omg! At some point of the story i thought I would have a hear attack. Nico is a human storm. Passionate, loyal, restless, hot. I loved his way to give a damn about danger and risk it all to steal a moment with his woman. They may be teens, but the quality of these characters is incredible.
The angst in this story escalate page after page, is consuming but also so captivating.
And the vilian in this story is absolutely convincing. He's there to make you hate him and want to kill
All Booked Out
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

King of Souls is the second book in the Verona Legacy series, and I LOVED it! To be honest, I think I enjoyed this book much more than the first. There was action, drama, tough decisions and circumstances and an overwhelming amount of love. Both Nicco and Arianne struggle to deal with the futures they were born into but draw strength from each other amidst uncertain and frightening times.

Arianne’s strength was incredible. I admired her bravery, her confidence and her newfound determin
Jami Jones
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Priceless!!!! I have been dying for the conclusion to Arianne and Nicco's story and my god did it BLOW me away!! This book will give you all the feels and then some. I was obsessed with the first book but honestly this one had me addicted. Their story is so such more than just a book, it's love, respect and life. The lies and secrets kept you on the edge of your seat wondering what would happen. There is unexpected surprises that have you thinking "no way" that happened. I'm so enthralled with t ...more
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
description

After finishing book one in the Verona Legacy duet, we were left on tenterhooks, dying to find out what was going to happen to Nicco and Arianne. Excited for another delve into a mafia world we find so enticing. Starting off where we ended off we were right back in the thick of it and LA Cotton did a fabulous job of drawing us straight back into her mafia world and keeping a gre
Dali
The swoon continues in this modern day Romeo and Juliet by author L.A. Cotton.

King of Souls picks up where Prince of Hearts left off. Impulsively reacting to the attack on Arianne, Nicco has been force to leave her behind. But the time for them to figure out a way to end the feud between their families and find a way out of the chaos their enemies have created around them is running out. Both Nicco and Arianne will do anything and everything for each other, but will it be enough?

If you like
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

'King Of Souls' is the second book of the 'Verona Legacy's by the best selling author Laine Cotton. Told in dual perspectives, this book was the thrilling conclusion to Nicco and Ari's tale!!

From the tear-inducing cliffhanger ending of the first book , this book was on my most anticipated list! And what an amazing job this author has done with the ending!! Absolutely fabulous!

This book continues right from where the first one ended . Nicco h
Nikitasbookreviews
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
King of souls is the second book in the Verona Legacy series. It cannot be read as a standalone. This is the conclusion of Niccolo and Arianne’s story!

This is one of my new favorites! This book is filled with heartache, suspense, secrets and lies!

It was definitely a page turner from the beginning to the end and I couldn’t get enough of this book!

Get ready for a wild ride that will have you in your feels!

Another amazing read from LA Cotton and i highly recommend this!

Kim Whitehead
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A modern day remake of Romeo and Juliette! Exciting and intense! It was full of angst! Through all their trials love finally prevailed! LA Cotton had me cheering! Fantastic story!!
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5/ 5 stars

Nicco and Arienne's story continues in King of Souls and the angst amps up. Their love is still forbidden and there are so many strong forces they need to fight.

Arienne is being forced into a horrible situation while Nicco and his family try to find a way out of it. This situation shows just how strong Arienne is, no matter how shattered, afraid and uncomfortable she is, she never gives her enemy the satisfaction of seeing it, not even with all the minefields he keeps blowing
bookspaced
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
King of Souls starts off right after Prince of Hearts ended.

Ari is heartbroken after Nicco up and left without saying goodbye after finding out she was to marry Scott. Ari with the help of her friend Nora and bodyguard Luis navigates through these times after the events from book one. While Nicco is trying to find more information about Scott and his family.

Throughout book 2 Nicco and Ari are challenged with alot of things that are trying to keep them apart. But their love is stronger then even
Christina ( The MasqueReader )
Such an enchanting & gripping conclusion to Nicco & Arianne’s forbidden love story.
I'm just going to throw this little bit out there. I almost threw my phone at one point, Cotton went somewhere I never thought she would go and I about chunked it! I didn’t like it one bit and my heart is still not back to a regular pace yet.

Yes, I was angry! Yes, I cried! Yes, I yelled FIX IT!!! No, I’m still not okay!

I put this book down to eat meals only and even then my eyes were still somewhat glued to the
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
5 stars does not do the love these two share justice! Nico and Ari’s world imploded in book 1 and now the war for their forever is about to start and no one, I mean no one is ready for what you will find within these pages!

The secrets and lies run deeper than anyone thought! From the beginning you are sucked right back into the world of Marchetti and Capizola! As Ari and Nico find a way to be reunited and figure out how to have forever they have to rely on each other, their love and the few peo
BLuvsBooks
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
“He can have your firsts,”
I said quietly, “but your forever... that belongs to me.”

Arianne is engaged to the villain and Nicco continues to fight to save her from him and other enemies.
Their love is forbidden between warring mafia families and secrets abound.
They have so many obstacles to overcome however they need to be together no matter the consequences.
I loved not only the main characters but also the side characters and look forward to more of Enzo and Nora.
Angst, action, and suspense
Kitxia
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*ARC KINDLY PROVIDED FOR AN HONEST REVIEW*

my best friend had this theory that this book was a retelling of romeo and juliette’s love story and it kind of is in a certain way and i loved it and i’m sure y’all will love it too.

full of drama and angst and lots of plot twists this book is definitely one of the best i’ve read this summer.

this is the second and final book of ari and nicco’s love story and i couldn’t ask for a better conclusion, their love story is so intense and beautiful, i love e
Izzie d
Aug 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mafia
Satisfying conclusion.
Hero all about the heroine.
No intimate scenes other than the Hero and heroine.
No cheating.
Breadcrumbs dropped for future books in series, premise laid out for next book.
HEA.
Epilogue.
A Book Obsessed Brit
King of Souls follows on directly from Prince of Hearts and is yet another rollercoaster of a ride. Nicco and Ari are trying to navigate their relationship now they are apart and Ari has been thrown to the wolves by her father, forced to marry Scott Fascini as a business deal.

The Verona Legacy World is quickly becoming one of my favourites, L.A Cotton has definitely caught my eye and gained a new fan with her writing style and story development. King of Souls was a book of two halves for me. By
Ruth’s Romances
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️.5 “It won’t always be like this, Arianne. Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives set us on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us. Try and hold onto that.”
What you’ll find:
✔️Dark Romance
✔️New Adult
✔️Mafia
✔️Action
✔️Dual POV
Arianne is angry after being abandoned by the one she loves. She’s forced to live in her fathers estate... which is better than living with the man who stole her innocence- her fiancé. Nicco, forced to abandon Ari to keep her safe, he’s pa
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„She was no longer a pawn in a game she didn’t understand. She was the Queen.”

L.A. Cotton gave us the perfect conclusion to Nicco and Arianne’s story! King of Souls kept me in suspense from the very beginning. I was able to sense the characters' uncertainty, fear and longing, as well as the danger that was lurking from every side. At every turn I was surprised by a new unexpected twist that made me unable to tear myself away from this book. And let's not forget the beautiful and heartwarming

• Clutch Player (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Hell Hath No Fury
  • When Rivals Fall (Bayshore Rivals #1)
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • Titan (Dark Kings, #1)
  • The Proposal (SWANK, #1)
  • Little Hoodlum (Hood River Hoodlums, #2)
  • Stirred (Twisted Fox, #1)
  • Descent
  • Fated
  • Ecstasy
  • Rydeville Elite Box Set
  • Diamonds in the Dust (Diamonds are Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • The Devil Wears Black
  • Paging Dr. Hook Up: A Swoony Romantic Comedy & Passport 2 Love collaboration
  • Reign of Brayshaw (Brayshaw, #3)
  • Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • Troublemaker
Angsty. Edgy. Addictive Romance

Author of mature young adult and new adult novels, L A is happiest writing the kind of books she loves to read: addictive stories full of teenage angst, tension, twists and turns.
Home is a small town in the middle of England where she currently juggles being a full-time writer with being a mother/referee to two little people. In her spare time (and when she’s not c

Verona Legacy (5 books)
  • Angel Of Tears (Verona Legacy, #0.5)
  • Prince of Hearts (Verona Legacy, #1)
  • Villain of Secrets (Verona Legacy, #3)
  • Savior of Regrets (Verona Legacy, #4)