Start by marking “The King of the Sea: A Metaphysical Novel and Musical Odyssey” as Want to Read:
The King of the Sea: A Metaphysical Novel and Musical Odyssey

The King of the Sea: A Metaphysical Novel and Musical Odyssey

We live our lives in blindness, and cloak it with knowledge. Like a watch that keeps time, but knows nothing of it, The Voice spoke. But I will break time, so that you can know what it truly is.
~ The Book of Sirius

A metaphysical novel paired with two companion music albums, The King of the Sea transports you into a new dimensionwhere reality lies suspended between the
Published December 25th 2019 by Nandan Gautam

To ask other readers questions about The King of the Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The King of the Sea

Start your review of The King of the Sea: A Metaphysical Novel and Musical Odyssey
Apurba Ganguly
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First and foremost, I thank the author for giving me an opportunity to review such a wonderful work of...fiction? Poetry? Or both?

The King of the Sea is one of the most unusual and unconventional fiction books I have ever read. And I believe that it is this uniqueness that makes it stand apart from other books that have released in 2020. The King of the Sea is a remarkable story that attempts to capture the inner surface of the human subconscious, evident in its fragmented narrative and artistic
Ruchi Patel
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-owned
I picked up this book purely based on beautiful cover. It has one of the most beautiful cover. And this book turned out more beautiful than the cover itself. I am wordless to start the reviews hence my reviews will be bit short. The line on the cover is written that A metaphysical novel and musical odyssey and indeed book is based on metaphysical concept. The ship and all the components related to it like sea, sailors, journey, etc. are used metaphorically. That is the most intelligent, ...more
The Book Critiques
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
'The King of the Sea' transports you into a new dimension, where reality lies suspended between the past and the future. Push play and you are beamed into The King of the Sea universe, shifting from the writer's inner journey towards the truth to a fictional character's similar quest.
This book is written in prose and verse and you will surely love each and quote written in between.
No doubt this book is written in a very unusual manner which makes it different from other fiction books.
The cover
Prajakta | thereadingdamsel
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
"Follow Your Heart and Speak Your Truth.
Stop Living in Fear of Being Misunderstood"
🍃
The King of The Sea is an intertwining of Prose and Poetry making into a Musical Odyssey!
It has a combination of Natural and Spiritual elements making it an Unique Read!
🍃
I hadn't read such a book till now, which made it a bit difficult for me to comprehend the book at the start.
But slowly as I went on, it started Unfolding in a beautiful way!
The Amazing Part of this book is that it is accompanied by 2 Music
Arya P B
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Title : The King of the Sea : A Metaphysical Novel and Musical Odyssey
Author : Nandan Gautam
Rating : 4/5

The book is filled with lovely beautiful quotes based on God, love , desire and much more. Each and every line inspires you towards your life. Frankly speaking I was soo stressed out when I started reading this book due to my work pressure. But when I started reading it out, I literally felt too relief. It was like a self help book to me. I think book always help us and this one did wonders to
Anujashree Roy
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The prologue of this book hit me hard, like really. I never thought a prologue can make someone feel things.
And then i went on to the first chapter and i knew i was going to love this book.
The name of the novel itself suggests that it is a metaphysical novel, which is a genre i knew nothing of. But reading it made me feel so much. The one liners can make you think so much is something this book masters in.
There are so many lines in this book that totally relate with what author is feeling and
Moumita Roy
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
The king of the sea by Nandan Gautam is a metaphysical novel and a musical Odyssey. It is a metaphysical poetry . Through verses author has spread views of living, existing, purposes and so many things.

The book is divided into parts, and they are named as book I ,book II and so on.

The genre of the book is quite new to me . At the beginning the book felt bit slow. But as I read more topics , I started enjoying reading this book.

This book gives a feel of fulfilling and purposeful. Words and
Hastha Chand
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
The King of the Sea by Nandan Gautam is a metaphysical novel and a musical odyssey. Now this is a genre I haven't tried before and I really had a hard time reading this book. I agree that this book is philosophical and thought-provoking but it isn't for me. I would rather prefer a structural plot than verses split up into paragraphs. Maybe it was because I'm not much into poetry in the first place. Whatever may be the reason I didn't enjoy this genre as much as I thought I would. I would only ...more
Khyati Gautam
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Poetry has a special place in my heart. It is one thing that I go back to, every time I find myself dull and disinterested. Poetry brings to a range of emotions, a variety of rhythmic words, and of course, peace.

The King of the Sea is, by far, one of the most unique novels I have had the pleasure to read. Its spiritual. Its poetic. Its calming, Its relatable. Its different. The book is accompanied by two music albums to enhance a readers experience. Now, isnt that the most unusual thing? Yes and
reader from a star
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
The king of the sea.
A metaphysical Novel and musical odyssey.
This book with a distinct cover with a cool color scheme gives a nice first impression.
The physical book is appealing whether it is about the cover, the presentation of text or the quality of paper and print.
The length of the book extends to 300 pages but I can still say it is not a long read as there are a lot of blank spaces and indentations.
"Sometimes when you speak to yourself, you hear something in between that you don't quite
Mohan Sharma
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have read this type of genre for the first time. This book is the first volume of the book of Sirius. There are more than 300 pages in this book which will challenge you at every part of the book. There are total 41 different books included in it.

Starting from the first book till the end you will find one thing common that it is dedicated to the sea. In every book there are beautiful things along with the story explained in detail. The sea is very vast, and we have to achieve a lot of things
Samragyee
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
TITLE: THE KING OF THE SEA
               AUTHOR: NANDAN GAUTAM
The king of the sea is a metaphysical novel. I first downloaded the sample of the book and after reading just a few lines, I immediately decided to read it.
The metaphysical novel is based on the philosophy and involves extraordinary elements of nature like spirits. it assumes an existence beyond this physical world and examines the power of mind over matter.
Love s grandest purpose is not its fulfilment as a man and a woman.
But
Ekta M
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book - The king of the sea
Author - Nandan Gautam
Genre - Metaphysical

The king of the sea is a Metaphysical novel and Musical Odyssey.
Metaphysical as in it is based on some form of Philosophy and Spirituality. It gives deep insights into the mind, the soul, spiritual journey, physcology.

Plot in short - the protagonist is on a ship with many others in the search for the land. The ship reaches no where. They have never seen land. They are losing hope but the captain of the ship with his great and
Krishnaveni Subbiah
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am blank as the book is! I literally do not know what I should talk about the book as the book is itself about nothing but everything.
Have you ever thought beyond our lives? Why do we live? What is that after we get everything that we run after? What is there at the end? And a big WHY?!
This book is truth and not any illusion or just thoughts. I agree with what I think the author conveyed through the book because I think not everyone can interpret the book in the same way. It could be unique
Shruti Skye
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The king of the sea by Nandan Gautam is my first metaphysical novel and musical odyssey. When I received this musical book, I was so excited to feel the music, to read the writer's words. And I literally felt it. The book cover is shiny, beautiful, attractive and very inviting. It's just a perfect cover! The title justifies the content definitely. The quality of the pages of this book is brilliant. They are very soft. The use of fonts is commendable!
Let's talk about the content!
"You can not
Auraofthoughts MeenalSonal
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Today, I have a very special book to share with you all. Special because its my first metaphysical novel.

Book The King of The SEA, A metaphysical novel & musical odyssey is penned by author Nandan Gautam.

Firstly look at the cover closely, do you see a face?
Not the top to bottom, the face is actually upside down the cover, immersed in water, the cover does complete justice to the book.
Lets see what in the book.
The author has collected all his thoughts, expressions and poetries in this
Barnali Chakraborty
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
To be honest, after reading this book it seemed really tough to accumulate all my thoughts in just few lines because I was completely resonated with the spiritual vibes of this book.

This book is basically a metaphysical novel accompanied with musical odyssey. There are 49 chapters inscribed in this book which outsets with the lyrics of a song named 'The King of the Sea' composed by the author himself.

Now, I want to let the aesthetes know that this book may turn out blissful to you as it
Harshita
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
📚 BOOK REVIEW 📚
THE KIND OF THE SEA: A METAPHYSICAL NOVEL AND MUSICAL ODYSSES by Nandan Gautam
📚 MY REVIEW:-
The King of the Sea metaphysical novel paired with two companion music albums, The King of the Sea transports you into a new dimension, where reality lies suspended between the past and the future. Push play and you are beamed into The King of the Sea universe, shifting from the writer's inner journey towards the truth to a fictional character's similar quest. The memoir and the thrilling
Ipshita Das
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
The King Of The Sea

The book of Sirius. It's a metaphysical novel and musical Odyssey. The book has been divided into various parts which includes numerous topics in it. Honestly at the beginning I couldn't understand what I was reading but gradually you will get to know and understand the depth of the writings of the book. This is indeed a very beautiful and different book I have ever came across. There are so many qoutes in this chapters that makes it more interesting and fascinating to read.
Ajayshankar11
The King of the Sea: A Metaphysical Novel and Musical Odyssey by author Nandan Gautam is a unique deep insightful book. First look at book cover would intergue one and force to read blurb, once you read blurb which is so interesting you just pick the book. After going through the book you realise Title of book so very apt for the contents inside.

It's one of the most unconventional read, one cannot describe /categorize the book in words, it is very engrossing read/ journey and ocean of knowledge.
Samee
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Metaphysical is a philosophical concept used in literature to describe the things that are beyond the description of physical existence.Metaphysical fiction is a growing, but little-known, genre of stories that explore, or are based on, some form of philosophy or system of thought.
The book is a musical journey that aspires you to fulfill your dreams beyond imagination.
The way each word is written is so powerful that it brings zeal and motivates you to the utmost core.

Some quotes which I loved:
Manali
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Name of the book- The King of the Sea: A Metaphysical Novel and Musical Odyssey by Nandan Gautam.
Stars given - 5 on 5 stars and a big hug from my side.
My take on the book-
Have you ever read a book and said to yourself that I want to be friends with that person?
Like the way they have narrated the story made you feel like you have known that person for years now and are almost in the stage of being BFFS?
Well that's the kind of feeling I had after finishing this gem, like the writer, who wrote not
Shreyasi Basu
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After completing this book I must say , 'The king of sea' is one of the greatest creation of author Nandan Gautam where author's effort, dedication and research is clearly bloomed through his work. I found that, the facts which are beyond explanation that stands ' Metaphysical' in philosophy and then the concept of this book is completely worth of it. ' The King of the Sea transports you into a new dimension, where reality lies suspended between the past and the future. ' after reading this line ...more
Devanshi Sanghani
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it
The king of sea: Book of sirius, A metaphysical novel and musical odyssey is basically a journey of one's self discovery and true purpose in life.
This book is written in prose and poetry and the quotes mentioned in here will want to make you repost it on your social media handles or use it for your daily life because they are very relatable.
The protagonist of this book feels empty has he leaves his home for finding the peace. As he boards the ship, years pass by in the hope to find a land.
Rajeev Patel
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book is titled "The King of the Sea - A Metaphysical Novel & Musical Odyssey". First let me clear you the meaning of the word "Metaphysical".
Metaphysical is a philosophical concept as used in literature to describe the things that are beyond the description of physical existence. (Into one's own world) Metaphysical fiction is a little-known genre.
This genre is usually formed by some philosophy of thoughts penned into a fictional story.
💢💢
A novel paired with two companion music
Jeshwanti Raghuram
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
When I was few pages in,
I knew it right there - this is gonna be different. I knew not how or why but well, something in you really does prognosticates. We know how homers style of writing is considered incredibly phenomenal and Offcourse, his work is one of a kind and unparalleled if I must add. This book the king of the sea had a rather unusually strange and delightful undertone to it, beginning from the start.
This is not your typical cup of tea but it could be yours if you pay undivided
Jameela
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The cover and the colour of the book is so enticing, tats the first reason for me to pick it to read,its totally of different genre not like any other typical storybook, read something like this for the first time. .
The book is written in prose and poetry form, making it a little hard on the vocabulary. A healthy union of poetry and spiritual bits making it a self help book and the quotes mentioned here are so relatable that u wld just want to write it down as a motivational affirmation to read
Ankita Das
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not many people might be familiar with metaphysical fiction, but it is an exceptional form of writing and it's the kind that touches a reader's spirit and psyche.
Author Nandan Gautam has brilliantly created a masterpiece and the effort that he put into it is clearly visible as we read.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
From the very first page, the book leaves a strong impact on the readers mind, it definitely left a lingering impression on me.
While reading I could sense the patience and time the author has put into
Raksha Soni
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not an ordinary cup of tea for sure or your regular poetry-prose book. It is spiced up with metaphysics, biography, prose, verses, rhythms and music. It is a metaphysical fiction written as musical odyssey.

This is my first time ever with such a unique genre which is not at all limited to few elements, but explores to a free, flowy and varied level of writing and narratives.

In the beginning, it seems really complicated to grab the essence of what the author is conveying, but if you hook up and be
Kalyani Ahirrao
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
The king of the sea by Nandan Gautam is a Metaphysical Novel and Musical Odyssey. This was the first musical Odyssey i ever read and damn it was like magic... You know the feels poetry gives you while everything is silent and you're just listening to the poet or the speaker feeling every word... This book gave me that feeling! On top of that i love poetries so it was golden chance for me to read something that i love in 341 pages!!
So coming back to the review in this book no storyline setup was
« previous 1 3 next »

• MIЯЯЯO : at THƎ WƎIЯⱭ WAYWAЯⱭ
  • Secrets of the Seers: Book 1 Veil of Shakti
  • Unleash That River
  • Hope: The Journey to Life
Nandan Gautam grew up in Bangalore, India. He completed his Liberal Arts degree from McDaniel College, Maryland, USA and worked at newspaper USA Today for a few years. He returned to India to study yoga and meditation for the next twenty years under spiritual master Bharat Thakur.

His journey of self-discovery led him back to his first love music, where he infuses his raw but ethereal vocals with

News & Interviews