Start by marking “Dagda's Daughter: Raven and Hummingbird Book 2” as Want to Read:

Dagda's Daughter: Raven and Hummingbird Book 2

The Celtic all father god, Dagda, has positioned himself on Earth to maximize his power. But his emotional fate is not so simple; he has broken all the rules regarding humans and gods. In the meantime, his daughter, Katel is poised on the brink of her half-goddess power, which is considerable. Dagda’s attempts to keep her under his control are wearing thin.
Due to Dagda’s
Published July 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dagda's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dagda's Daughter

Start your review of Dagda's Daughter: Raven and Hummingbird Book 2
Erin
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I give Dagda's Daughter: Raven and Hummingbird Book 2 by Nikki Broadwell, 4 stars.

I really enjoy paranormal books about gods and goddesses and I was looking forward to what this book had to offer. It was so, so good. Katel is a wonderful main character. She has forgotten who and what she is, yet she still persists. There are other characters in here who are just as good. There is so much depth to all of the characters. I was thrown right into these worlds and was right there beside each
Heather Harmon
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dagda's Daughter: Raven and Hummingbird Book 2 by Nikki Broadwell
“The Celtic all-father god, Dagda, has positioned himself on Earth to maximize his power. But his emotional fate is not so simple”

I didn’t read the first book to the Series and I regret it, I will be reading the first book and this one again! This is the second book in this series, It’s filled with mythology, spells, gods, and danger. The perfect mix for a great page-turner! The way Mrs. Broadwell writes makes you feel as though
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great read about consequences. Dagda is the all father of Celtic mythology who has broken all the rules. To protect his family and legacy, Dagda has been wiping his daughter Katels memories for years. But when a young boy named Brant enters her life, strange things start to happen. As events unravel, Katel rediscovers her memories and finds a legacy she didn't know she had as danger approaches. Can she stand up to her father and make him see the consequences before it's too late?
A great read.
Jenny
Dagda's Daughter (Raven and Hummingbird Book 2) by Nikki Broadwell
5 Stars
I really enjoyed this fantasy novel by Nikki Broadwell, it was full of Celtic mythology and mystical beings, surrounding the tales of the Celtic all father god, Dagda.
Dagda although a god has decided to live on Earth as away of giving himself maximum power and as a way of controlling his daughter Katel. Katel is herself on the brink of developing her immense power as a half-goddess. Due to Dagda’s actions on Earth, he has
Angela
4 Stars

Dagda’s Daughter is the second book in the Raven and Hummingbird Series by Nikki Broadwell. This story is a clever fantasy- woven with plenty of action, adventure, secrets, discovery, Gods/Goddesses, magic, emotion, different realms, Celtic mythology, intrigue, and father/daughter/family dynamics. It could be read as a standalone, but as the first book “Siobhan’s Secret” has a lot of backstory and other relevant and interesting details, I would really recommend reading that book first
Gail Guerrero
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dagda’s Daughter (Raven and Hummingbird Book 2) by Nikki Broadwell - Review by Gail Guerrero

Four stars

Dagda's Daughter is set in a time when people truly had faith. The mythology mixed with the Celtic really made the story pop. You have a God living amongst humans breaking all the rules. When girls turn a certain age dads lose their sparkle. Words go in one ear and out the other. What makes it even more difficult is that Katel is coming into her powers and there is no telling how mighty they
Tausha Treadway
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dagda’s Daughter (Raven and Hummingbird Book 2) by Nikki Broadwell. This book has a little of everything from magic, spells, mythology, gods, war and danger. Its the story of the Celtic Father God Dagda who has moved himself on Earth to be the major power. In doing so he has broken all the rules regarding humans and Gods all the while trying to keep his daughter Katel under his power as well. She is becoming stronger and stronger and he doesn't know if he can continue to control her. His illegal ...more
Candida Hopper
by Nikki Broadwell

This story was full of magic, romance, betrayal, and love. I was taken on a great adventure while reading this story. I didn't want to put this book down, there were twists and turns I just couldn't get enough of. There wonderful characters in this book I wanted Katel to figure out who she was and the power she possesses. Her father's actions are causing trouble on earth and otherworld, but he can't see past the love he has for
Rachel Moss
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you like god and goddess stories mixed with adventure, this one is for you! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I haven't read the first one so it was a slow build at first but it's pretty easy to figure out without reading the first. The characters were wonderful, the plot was good and the story is enthralling. I can't wait to read the next in the series!
Kari Horstman
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a truly enjoyable book. I got swept up in the plot and could not put it down. I actually care about the characters and their relationships and I’m looking forward to the next in the series. Solid job. 4 stars.
Chantelle Smith
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a brilliant action-packed fantasy read that is captivating from beginning to end. This is my first read from this author and she has created a mentally visual world that is vivid throughout. With adventure, magic, romance, mythology it makes an epic read that you don’t want to put down! Nikki Broadwell has created amazing characters that really help move the story along and make it much more realistic, this book had me wondering what would happen next and had me quickly turning the pages to ...more
Anastasia
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was a good one and i enjoyed it. It was a fantasy filled with action and danger. It was intriguing and it kept my attention and i read the book in one setting. The characters were interesting and i was looking forward to seeing where their stories were headed. I am looking forward to reading more by this author and i would recommend this one to anyone that likes a good fantasy book.
Happy Reading.
Piper
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dagda’s Daughter is extremely well written you are drawn into Kat's world. This is a mystery, supernatural and romance story where each character has a well written backgrounds and you divulge into this thier world. How has Kat and Daga relationship changed due to his behaviour.
Daga has done something unspeakable for the love of his life. With Kate coming into her powers can he keep them and her undercontrol.
Kerry  carr
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an great story packed with adventure and shows the lengths people will go to for love.

Dagda is a god who fells in love with a human called Siobhan. Together they have a daughter called Katel.

Dagda has to leave and go back to the Otherworld leaving his daughter and his love on earth. Years later he returns to earth, bringing Sioban back from the dead and trying to rebuild the life they had before.

However Kat is now an adult and a half goddess so to stop her runining the life he has
Jonell
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dagda’s Daughter, Raven and Hummingbird Book Two by Nikki Broadwell is truly a story about a very dysfunctional family. Who doesn’t have one of those? This is a story about betrayal, discovery, recovery, and love. So much in this one. There are a few steamy scenes but nothing that distracts from the story line. This was a nice little story that stood alone although it is book two of a three book series. I will certainly be reading the next one too.
Madison Degraffenreid
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019read
Dagda’s Daughter (Raven and Hummingbird Book 2) by Nikki Broadwell

5-stars

Dagda’s Daughter (Raven and Hummingbird Book 2) by Nikki Broadwell was an amazing read. Adventure, magic, romance, heartbreak, and tragedy are all in this novel. This book can be read as a standalone. It is one I could not put down. The characters were wonderful and realistic. The inclusion of various realms was also exciting and interesting. The story itself had a great flow with a well thought out climax. It was
Jenni Bishop
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dagda's Daughter Raven and Hummingbird Book 2 by Nikki Broadwell is a fantasy where there is mayhem and kidnapping, lies and secrets, fear and love, otherworlds and magical powers. It is the story of Gods and Goddesses and the world they live but also the world on earth that they sometimes they dwell in. It is a great story and Nikki gives us a wild ride whilst you are on the edge of your seat devouring each and every word.

Dagda has done everything for the love of his life but his evil and
Erica Fish
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dagda’s Daughter (Raven and Hummingbird Book 2) by Nikki Broadwell is a great story. The Celtic Mythology story is captivating story. The characters are complex and interesting and the storyline is a nice pace. This story kept me wanting more so I read the book in one seating. Dagda is the Celtic all father god. He came to Earth to have his power at full level. He is a rule breaker which is never good. Now his daughter is coming into her half-goddess power and she is not following Dagda’s ...more
Heather Lovelace
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is jam full of amazing imagery, mythology, and a fantasy world that immediately drew me in. I couldn’t pull myself away from the story before I finished it completely. And now I’m trying to figure out how I hadn’t read the first book in the series before this. Broadwell does a masterful job weaving this tale and keeping you guessing. This is a series and author that I look forward to reading more of.
Dawn Daughenbaugh
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Star
Dagda’s Daughter (Raven and Hummingbird Book 2) by Nikki Broadwell is a wonderfully written story that has mythology, spells, and even some danger. I found myself lost in the pages and couldn’t stop reading till the end. I’m finding the more I read this genre of books the more I love it. Katel is the daughter of Celtic God Dadga, he’s trying to keep control of her. He’s finding it harder and harder to do. What does her future look like? Find out what happens next in this absolute must
Kerry Baker
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dagda’s Daughter: Raven and Hummingbird book 2 by Nikki Broadwell is an amazing book that will have you hooked from start to finish.
I love Katel and her story. She has such a turbulent time, especially with Dagda being so manipulative, that I found myself really getting behind her. She is such a well developed and interesting character.
The author has created a world and a story that is full of mythology and excitement. This has to be one of the most interesting books I have a read in a long
Chad Barrus
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this series and it is as good as the first! Nikki weaves a story of love, lost lost, finding and losing loved ones and finding them again.

I was struck how her father exercised control over his daughter time and again and also over her mother as well. Emotions and feelings about the characters in the story I felt were soften after seeing both sides of her father especially.

This book is a page turner for sure and is perfect for readers who want love, romance, action and
Laura Furuta
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dagda's Daughter (Raven and Hummingbird Book 2)
By Nikki Broadwell
5 out of 5 stars

The story Dagda's Daughter (Raven and Hummingbird Book 2) by Nikki Broadwell is a wonderful book. I truly enjoyed reading it. It has mythology, spells, gods, and danger. The story had me turning pages wondering what was going to happen next. I enjoyed reading about the character of Katel. She is the daughter of the Celtic god Dagda. Dagda is trying to keep control over her, which is becoming harder and harder to do.
Bobbi Wagner
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. This is an action filled fantasy book that kept me reading until the end. This is a creative, well developed story that is engaging with a realistic feel to it. I was pulled in right from the beginning by the characters. What will happen when you have broken rules, a woman who is about to have her magic power interupt her life and an uncertain future of the worlds? I highly recomend reading this book to find out what happens next with this mess.
Dana L. Davis
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Pretty good 2nd installment in this series. Moving back and forth between the characters and constantly changing viewpoints gets irritating after awhile. As does dropping characters for most of a book while Dagda's inability to moderate his behavior, take accountability, or rationalize anything is very selfish, or god-like and entertaining! It's fun, entertaining entering other pantheons if nothing else it may stir an interest in mythology.
Marti
Jul 09, 2019
Nadine Monrose
Jul 29, 2019

• Naomi
  • Lillie (Maggie Trilogy Series Book 3)
  • Mountains Wanted (Mountains, #1)
  • Ink's Devil: Satan's Devils MC (Colorado Chapter) #5
  • Mountains Climbed (Mountains, #2)
  • Jake Wolfe Series Bundle Box Set (Jake Wolfe #1-3)
  • The Sister Pact: Home is Where The Heart is
  • In Other Words (Boothbay Harbor Series, #1)
  • Chasing Starlight
  • The Fat Girl's Guide to Loving Your Body
  • Sky to Sea (Crimson Sash, #2)
  • Scoring Chance : A Mile High Miners Novella
  • The Flame and The Blade (Flame and Blade #1)
  • Call of the Alpha (The Powder River Pack #2)
  • Maggie
  • Covert Threat (Gray Ghost #5)
  • Game of Fear
  • The Wicked Wolves of Windsor: and other fairytales
I graduated with a BA in art and English from Sonoma State University in California. I've been an avid reader since I first learned how and a writer from my early teenage years on. I've had several art related businesses, including greeting cards and more recently a silk painting business. When I began to write in earnest I put aside the art, concentrating only on the writing.

I've traveled a lot