Start by marking “Amazon Ads for Authors: Tips and Strategies to Sell Your Books” as Want to Read:
Amazon Ads for Authors: Tips and Strategies to Sell Your Books

Amazon Ads for Authors: Tips and Strategies to Sell Your Books

Make Amazon ads that work.
Learn to monitor, analyze, and optimize. Packed with tips and strategies to improve the quality of your advertising. This book explains the latest Amazon Advertising tools since significant upgrades throughout 2019. Last updated January 2020.
Published July 5th 2019 by Fairytale Factory

To ask other readers questions about Amazon Ads for Authors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amazon Ads for Authors

Start your review of Amazon Ads for Authors: Tips and Strategies to Sell Your Books
Jessaca Willis
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Deb Potter makes Amazon Ads so Painless!

I am the kind of person who is always skeptical about buying books that tell you they can do the impossible. When I see titles like Tips and Strategies to Sell Your Books, I immediately think: scam.

But a couple colleagues suggested this one so, begrudgingly, I bought myself a copy.

I AM SO GRATEFUL THAT I BOUGHT MYSELF A COPY.

I didnt know it, but before reading this book, I had been CLUELESS about Amazon ads. Thank goodness she walks you through every step,
M.A. Comley
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

This book was recommended to me in 20 Books. I found it very insightful in understanding AMS ads. Already created some ads using the advice set out in the book.
Wayne Clingman
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great book you must read and take notes then reread
Karen
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic, must-have resource for beginners and more seasoned users of Amazon Ads alike. Deb Potter has managed to pitch her tips and strategies to both audiences in an easy-to-read no-nonsense guide, based on her many years of Amazon advertising of a broad range of book genres. Her wider experience of big data analysis adds an additional layer of value. Whereas I was familiar with many elements covered in the book (it turns out that we have been advertising for a similar length of time in the ...more
Taylor Ellwood
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business, writing
This is an invaluable resource that you will come back to again and again. There is so much packed into this book that you'll want to focus on one or two areas of improvement and then come back and re-read and retool your ads. I've already seen an improvement in my ads thanks to this book.
Sam Jarman
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very useful and enjoyable read.

Clear, relevant and easy to implement. The information is up to date and will be helpful whether you are just starting with Amazon ads, or have some experience.
Rose Fresquez
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book

I learned a lot from this book. I will read this authors work again. I recommend this book to all authors.
Cricket Rohman
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: write-not-wrong
Very informative, though not for beginners.
Michael Robertson
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. A simple and effective approach to Amazon ads. Thank you 🙏
Patrick McNulty
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great resource!

Really great resource. Insightful and helpful from someone who has literally been there and done that. Thanks for this - Indy authors everywhere
Paul
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Probably the most solid read on the topic Ive encountered.

Deb knows her stuff. Ill need to read it again and take noteswhich means its not vague in the least.
C.B. Matson
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Deb Potter has put together a very useful compendium of strategies for fiction and non-fiction authors alike. She's made a sincere effort to keep up with Amazon's ever-changing ad placement criteria. Her discussion of "Relevance" is a must-read for anyone advertising on Amazon. Also, keep your eye out for lots of little gems scattered through the book. I dinged her one star for a excessive repetition and somewhat disjointed narrative. However, that shouldn't stop you from dropping three bucks on ...more
Jan Moran
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent guide to Amazon ads!

High quality, informative to Amazon ads, from beginner through to advanced strategies. Easy to understand, logical, great examples. Already working for me, and I hope to find more from this author. A big thank-you for helping me solve problems I hadnt been able to figure out, even after reading books. Definitely some gems in here for authors, as well as others who market on Amazon.
Qat Wanders
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was really impressed with this. A definite must-read for all indie authors.

Ive read several books about Amazon ads, and this is one of the easiest to digest for my non-math brain. However, it still had a ton of tips and tricks that I havent seen elsewhere.
Paul Breau
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lots of great info

There is lots of great info here. Well put together and easy to find and reference what youre looking for. Im new to AMS ads but feel much more confident having read this.
PAUL M
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Must Read for Indy Authors

Tons of good information for independent authors who advertise on Amazon. I have already followed the bidding advice and have a new ad doing very well. Can't wait to test some of the other strategies.
Cara Louise
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Useful Guide

Very useful guide for those thinking of dipping a toe into the waters of Amazon advertising. Useful to keep and come back to to help optimise ad campaigns.
Jean Oram
I think I highlighted about 50% of the book! Lots of relevant, current things to try. Let the experiments begin!
A.M. Scott
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
More than worth it!

Excellent primer on AMS ads. This book has tips and tricks for budget-conscious authors that I haven't seen elsewhere. I'll be reading it again.
S.K. Gregory
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Some good information for authors on ads.
Helen
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A clear, up-to-date book packed with useful tips and information about AMS ads, put in a simple way that everyone can understand.
Rebecca
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great coaching class on how to set up, monitor and run Amazon ads.
R.J. Lafleur
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book to help demystify AMS!

A treasure trove of key information to help one come up with a profitable AMS campaign and not pull your hair out.
Rubz
Amber
Jul 24, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
How do you write a book that is a readers' magnet? 2 4 Dec 30, 2019 06:57AM

• Amazon Ads Unleashed: Advanced Publishing and Marketing Strategies for Indie Authors
  • Release Strategies: Plan your self-publishing schedule for maximum benefit (Successful Indie Author Book 2)
  • Newsletter Ninja: How to Become an Author Mailing List Expert
  • Take Off Your Pants! Outline Your Books for Faster, Better Writing
  • Pricing Strategies: Maximize your bottom line for long-term financial health (Successful Indie Author Book 5)
  • Rapid Release: How to Write & Publish Fast For Profit
  • Six Figure Author: Using Data to Sell Books (Write Faster, Write Smarter Book 5)
  • Help! My Facebook Ads Suck
  • Book Blurbs Unleashed: Advanced Publishing and Marketing Strategies for Indie Authors
  • Write to Market: Deliver a Book that Sells (Write Faster, Write Smart, #3)
  • Mastering Amazon Descriptions: An Author's Guide: Copywriting for Authors
  • The Ultimate Guide to Book Marketing: The 80/20 System for Selling More Books (Ultimate Author Guides)
  • How to Write a Sizzling Synopsis: A Step-by-Step System for Enticing New Readers, Selling More Fiction, and Making Your Books Sound Good
  • Dear Writer, You Need to Quit
  • Author Unleashed: Advanced Publishing and Marketing Strategies for Indie Authors
  • Strangers To Superfans: A Marketing Guide to the Reader Journey
  • The Fiction Formula: The New Rules of Self Publishing Success
  • Save the Cat! Writes a Novel

News & Interviews

“Keep in mind that an order can be for any of your books—not just the advertised book. This also explains why one click could generate sales for more than one book. It could be anything on your KDP account the customer bought over the 14-day period by the same pen name.” 0 likes
“Amazon ads have improved my sales. But that’s not all. They have also helped me understand my readership.” 0 likes