Start by marking “Siri, Who Am I?” as Want to Read:
Siri, Who Am I?

Siri, Who Am I?

Mia might look like a Millennial but she was born yesterday. Emerging from a coma with short-term amnesia after an accident, Mia can't remember her own name until the Siri assistant on her iPhone provides it. Based on her cool hairstyle (undercut with glamorous waves), dress (Prada), and signature lipstick (Chanel), she senses she's wealthy, but the only way to know for su ...more
Published January 12th 2021 by Quirk Books

To ask other readers questions about Siri, Who Am I?, please sign up.
Caprice Hokstad There are LOTS of inappropriate parts. (Sex, drugs, bad choices galore) I would say no to encouraging any kids to read it.

Start your review of Siri, Who Am I?
Nenia ✨️ I yeet my books back and forth ✨️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

The preliminary reviews for this book are pretty mixed, which I totally get. If you go into this expecting a serious mystery, you're not going to be happy. SIRI, WHO AM I? is pure fluff. I'd describe it as a cross between American Dreamer (1984), Legally Blonde (2001), and Memento (2000). The premise is basically this. An airhead wakes up in a hospital (no, that's not the introduction to an off-color joke), only to find that she's comple
Jessica
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: quirk-books, romance
I received an ARC of this book for free from the publisher (Quirk Books) in exchange for an honest review.

I give this book 3.5 stars which rounds up to 4.

I just want to start off by saying that you have to suspend your disbelief to fully enjoy this book. If you go into the book thinking it’s going to be super realistic, you’re not going to enjoy it. There are lot of things that are pretty unbelievable. So if you read this book, just follow Mia and just go with it. Don’t think too much about it.
Annie
Feb 09, 2020 rated it did not like it
'Siri, Who Am I?' tells the story of a young woman, Mia, who wakes up in hospital with short-term amnesia. With the help of Siri and a man called Max, Mia works her way through her old Instagram posts to piece together her life and work out who she is.

As a woman in my late twenties, I was looking forward to reading this book. I expected a story that told the journey of the main character's self-realisation, in addition to humourous references to the life of millennials e.g. avocado on toast.

Howe
OLT
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Our protagonist here doesn't begin her story with an existential crisis. It's actually a literal "Who am I?" identity crisis, when she wakes up in a Los Angeles hospital with a head injury and no idea of who she is. She remembers nothing about herself, not even her name, although she can rattle off without hesitation the names of all the Kardashians and knows intimate details of their lives. (Well, you know, "intimate" to everyone who watches their reality show.)

All she knows is that she was wea
Dec 13, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
Siri, Who Am I? is a debut book for this author.

This book is a bit difficult for me to rate. I think that the title, cover and premise are really great. And I found the beginning really intriguing. But then the book leveled off a bit for me.

The book is about a woman who wakes up in the hospital with amnesia. She doesn't even know her name. So she has to use clues (some from her phone) to try to put the pieces of her life back together.

The narrator is Mia (1st person POV). The story takes place i
Susana
dnf

I tried my best to finish this, but in the end, just the thought of picking it up again, felt like a killing blow to my reading mood...
It started out not that bad, as long as I could suspend my disbelief that someone with amnesia was being released from a hospital without having a clue of who she was... but then I was like, 'well this is merica, so maybe this is how they do it?' #Baffled
Thing is, after awhile Mia started to get on my freaking nerves, and I coulnd't stand her "voice".
She'
San
Mar 27, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a story about Mia who wakes up in the hospital with no memory of her past. The whole concept was interesting but I didn't like characters at all an couldn't relate with them. I was also disappointed with the ending.

Thank you to NetGalley and publisher for providing me copy of the book in exchange for honest review.
Lisa Wolf
DNF at 60%. Couldn't stand the main character or the stupid choices she makes. I can't bring myself to read any further.

A note on release dates: When I received this ARC, the release date was listed as May 2020, which is why I started reading the book now. It looks as though the release has now been pushed back until January 2021, which is why this seems to be such an early review.
Lexi
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was ok

There is this Gen X and Bommer obsession with millennials-isms. Smartphones, Kardashians, and quinoa- the caricature of the modern millennial seems like it's always the same brand of vapid. Then you get these middle-aged people patting themselves on the back for their edgy observations, personified in comedy, TV, books, you name it. Good job, you really had something to say about modern pop culture.

While Siri, Who Am I isn't a complete and direct example of an out of touch person trying to brea
Leesa
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
SO CUTE. SO FUN. SO CHARMING. I loved it! I was on a Public Librarian Association panel w Sam and we had a sweet meet-cute in the hallway a bit before! I adore her and I adore this book. Feels a lot like a movie you'd see w yr girlfriends then go get coffee and sit out in the sunshine afterwards. Then go to the taco truck and keep talking. I really love books that make you feel like that. I do. ...more
Nicole Chinnici
Siri, Who Am I? is marketed as “Memento gets a millennial makeover,” and while not a perfect parallel, it is an apt description for this fun contemporary read.

“Memories change over time. Some fade. Some become stronger. Everyone has different memories of the same event. Memory is just a story we tell ourselves, not an objective truth. That’s why your sense of self, which is dependent on memory, is something that fluctuates and changes.”

This starts with a young woman waking up in a hospital not
Desiree
Siri, Who Am I? is laugh-out-loud funny – as in splitting-your-sides, tears-running-down-your-face, can’t-even-talk-you’re-cracking-up-so-hard kind of funny!

A tale for a modern era, a young woman wakes up in the hospital without a clue who she is. Mia doesn’t have any ID on her when she lands in the emergency ward, but she does have her cell phone, a set of house keys and the yellow Prada party dress she was wearing when admitted.

In a moment of inspiration (or is it desperation?), Mia grabs her
Douglas Meeks
Feb 20, 2020 rated it liked it
I think I can make this short, the more you read the less you like the heroine IMHO and by the end she is trying to do something with her life and makes some really stupid decisions that only work in a fairy tale world.
The thing about this book is that every time I was about to put it down and find something better to read it would throw me a bone of interesting and I would read a bit more and finally finished it and felt pretty unsatisfied with the way things turned out in general although ther
Jenna | JennaStopReading
This book was a fun ride! I enjoy any book with a memory loss trope at the center, and this one was no different. It got 3.5/5 stars from me!

Here's what I enjoyed about this book:
1. I loved the slow uncovering of who our MC was. We had some level of suspense right up until the very end!
2. I really enjoyed our main supporting character, Max. He was compassionate, supportive, and genuine.
3. I loved that it turned into a "self discovery" of sorts, as Mia learns who she was and who she wants to be.
Helena
Feb 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
That's it. I'm never taking Goodreads reviews into account again!!! Usually, I get disappointed because you guys have presented a book as a masterpiece when it's truly garbage, or mediocre at best. This time, it was the other way around. I really loved this book, even if you have given some disappoiting reviews, and let me tell you that this is not just a matter of personal opinion.

When you get your hands on a chic-lit book, you can't expect anything more than a chic-lit book. It's light, it's
;3
Jan 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
this was sm fun i love mia <3
OutlawPoet
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Honestly, I finished this book with the biggest smile on my face.

When I began reading it, I thought it was a little too superficial. Little did I know, that superficiality was the point! Instead, I ended up with a book that was a little bit silly, a whole lot of sweet, and that actually had something good to say.

The book was full of surprises, had a completely to-die-for romance, and was just a 'feel good' kind of read.

A fluffy, marshmallow read with heart, heels, and Pedro. Poor Pedro.
Emily Nicholas | Emily The Book Nerd
REVIEW FOUND ON MY BLOG

I am all for girly books. The concept of Siri, Who Am I? really stood out to me. The story revolves around Mia after she clearly got knocked over the head by someone. She wakes up in the hospital from a coma not even knowing her own name... let alone who did this to her. Mysteries are always fun to read. Mia progresses throughout the book trying to put the pieces together to learn who she is and why someone would want to kill her. No
J
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was intrigued when I read what this book because I am far from a millennial, I passed it by at first but I kept thinking about it so I went and downloaded it. It was exciting reading the book because you could never guess if it was actually who Mia was or if she was just guessing.
The author made the story exciting and even though the story was about a Millenial and using social media to find herself, I could follow along too. I think that was another reason I liked it so much because it was n
Amy
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Have you guys heard of this one yet? This follows Mia who wakes up in the hospital with short term amnesia, girl can’t even remember her name so Siri to the rescue?! She uses social media to help figure out everything she forgot, including where she lives. Unique premise, right?! That’s what drew me to this one, I was expecting silly and lighthearted and while it was, it was also a refreshing look at how heavy of a role social media plays in our lives. It was also snarky, cute and really enterta ...more
Jen (from Quirk Books)
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is 100% Veronica Mars meets Peter Gallagher's character from While You Were Sleeping, and is candy for those of us who love to poke fun at ourselves and our Instagram-obsessed, Kardashian-loving culture. (It's ok to be serious about IG filters and backdrops as long as we're self-aware, right? RIGHT?) Anyway, there's tons to love about this book, including our protagonist, Mia—impulsive, funny, difficult, stubborn, and always falling head-first into self-created messes, but most importa ...more
Jessica Haider
Siri, Who Am I? is a rom-com starring a 20-something woman with a case of amnesia.

After waking up from a coma, Mia doesn't remember anything about her own life except what she can learn from her phone. She learns her own name after asking Siri who she is. Her wallet is missing, she's wearing a yellow Prada dress and has a cool haircut. She assumes she is rich because of all of this evidence. She is seemingly all alone. No one has shown up at the hospital to visit or release her. The hospital ju
Melissa Borsey
Feb 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book was just pure fun! Imagine waking up in the hospital after an accident and having to use Siri to tell you what your name is and having to use your Instagram app to help you piece together your life, especially when the phone number for the person listed as Mom has been disconnected. This was a fun and addicting story that I read in a day. I look forward to more books by this author. I thank Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Danielle
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, fiction
Suspension of disbelief is extremely necessary for this one. Maybe even expelling it altogether? The convoluted story of Mia's memory loss made absolutely no logical sense and she was often pretty grating as a character. I was along for the ride at first but as the mystery of her identity just kept dragging on I rapidly lost patience. The California Instagram influencer culture satire is strong, and I think the author came very close to making an excellent point about image and truth and being k ...more
Melissa Chung
Jan 08, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
I want to thank Quirk books for kindly sending me this arc to read for an honest review. Typically I'm a horror/thriller reader, but sometimes I don't mind a bit of contemporary. 'Siri, Who Am I?' was definitely something I wouldn't usually pick up, but I'm happy I did. It was entertaining and completely unrealistic, but I had fun reading it.

Siri, Who Am I? is about a girl named Mia who wakes up from a coma with amnesia. We get to find out who she is right along with her. Isn't that fun? It is p
Remy
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I rarely LOL at books, but I did for this one. Don’t get me wrong, this book isn’t profound in the least. But the characters and story are so enjoyable and it goes so fast. I got my ARC at ALA Midwinter so this is a millennial librarian who read this of her own volition instead of relinquishing it to the dusty, bottom shelf of the staff room. I read anything and everything Quirk puts out.
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a light read, a witty and fun contemporary version of the amnesia trope. When a young woman wakes up in the hospital with no memory of her own life following a head injury, all she has is Siri and her Instagram feed to go by. Her carefully curated social media presence turns out to be just that, so she has to decide which version of herself she really wants to be.
Jessica Reads It
Feb 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Waking up in the hospital sucks! For one young woman, things are about to get a lot more complicated as she doesn't remember who she is or how she got there.

Siri, Who Am I, was fresh, brutally honest, and raw! This novel was what rom-com dreams are made of; a funky and infectious story about an amnesiac, sorting through the random puzzle pieces of her social media life to find her true self, beneath all the glitzy and glamorous Instagram photos.

I honestly felt like if I was playing a chaotic ga
Cassie-Traveling Sister-
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a fun book!! This was a perfect book to pick up and get lost in Mia’s crazy life! Mia wakes up in the hospital with a head injury and no memory of what happened to her, or who she is! She only knows her name is Mia because her phone and Siri told her! After the doctor clears her to leave the hospital with no ID, purse or her memories she’s on her way with only her cracked phone , and Siri and Instagram to help her. Mia decides to investigate by backtracking through her photos on Instagram a ...more
Jessica C
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Siri, Who am I was a delight to read! It was part mystery and part drama with a slew of entertaining, hilarious and enlightening characters. Mia wakes up post head injury in the hospital with only her cracked phone to give her clues about her identity. With no lasting physical trauma, she is thrust back into the real-world and forced to use technology to piece together what she is sure is a fabulous life. I enjoyed following along with Mia, in her party dress that she recycles as she discovers t ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Proposal (The Wedding Date, #2)
  • Know My Name
  • Such a Fun Age
  • A Stranger in the House
  • We Have Always Lived in the Castle
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)
  • American Dirt
  • The Ex Talk
  • The Only Plane in the Sky: An Oral History of 9/11
  • Someday, Someday, Maybe
  • The Lost Daughter
Sam Tschida (pronounced cheetah) is a rom-com author. She lives with her gang of children, a couple of poorly behaved dogs, and one handsome man. When she’s not writing she is probably making lasagna. Just kidding. Who knows what she’s doing, least of all Sam. The only guarantee is that she is actively brainstorming her next book. And if we’re being honest, it’s pretty likely that she’s not making ...more

Articles featuring this book